Articles: Footie & 45s Weekends By Dave Moore

What a fantastic read Dave, really interesting and I love the idea of hitting on a 'seam' and digging through.

Love the photos too. I'm sure 'Tom' will be really chuffed that his late brother, 'Mal', is acknowledged and appreciated here as the source of a pretty stunning collection that will now live on beyond its home in that cellar.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 05/01/2024 at 15:31, Dave Moore said:

Source News/Article/Feature Highlight:

Footie & 45s Weekends By Dave Moore
a tale of combining passions and discoveries

View full article

Well Dave, what an absolutely cracking tale my friend, proper old school record hunting, well done. Some folk presume such things are purely luck and happenstance, but it's not either, it's all about the more you practise the luckier you get, it's down to skill, knowledge and experience, it's making your own luck mate!

I enjoyed it no end, vicariously of course unfortunately😁. It really reminded me of my own UK record hunting as a youth. I was smiling to myself and excited too...even though it was Turf Moor as the backdrop😀.

Thanks mate, a superb article and great great find! 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

To the people who have contacted to make offers on records, I'm afraid they are not for sale. For the guys who contacted me for various bits from 'Tom's' Electrical inventory,  I'll be speaking to him beginning of next week and will get back to you.  

Dave 😉 

Social source share

That’s a great read Dave.

Billy told me a bit of it over a pint at Greenhills and I was a bit jealous but after reading this I look like the hulk (well the Green with envy bit).

I am really pleased that it’s been found by local lads who have been around for years, and who will care for them. Who would have though this collection would be within a stones throw of where we were learning to love the music( no I don’t know the exact location).

I hope Bev has bought you some marigolds to clean this lot.

take care

Dave Comer

• Up vote 2
Social source share

That’s a great read Dave.

Billy told me a bit of it over a pint at Greenhills and I was a bit jealous but after reading this I look like the hulk (well the Green with envy bit).

I am really pleased that it’s been found by local lads who have been around for years, and who will care for them. Who would have though this collection would be within a stones throw of where we were learning to love the music( no I don’t know the exact location).

I hope Bev has bought you some marigolds to clean this lot.

take care

Dave Comer

Now for the fun part, playing them. I wish I could be there with you it’s been a long time since we had a chat and played records. 
happy days

• Up vote 1
Social source share

What Luck & what a story, a once in a lifetime opportunity Dave, bet it was squeeky B T in that week waiting to return, i'm so glad that they went to you as a collector and stalwart of the scene, & not a dealer who would probably offered peanuts for taking the whole lot off his his hands, whilst "doing him a favour" in the process.

Well Done Dave 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Great to see all those stock copies that would have been needed to be purchased pretty damn quick after issue date.
Most were deleted almost immediately.
And how would you have known most of them back in the day - they were not played anywhere on radio or in general (just certain Clubs ?)
People often forget that fact.
Some of those stockers are so much rarer than the demo (if there was one).
Lovely orig white waxed plain sleeves most are in where no Company one ever existed.
AND all those orig SUE sleeves - so very in demand these days.

Superb story and find; enjoy them, they are precious.

Cheers,     Tom.   Banbury.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!