Marvin Gaye - Lonely Lover

• Replies 18
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

it is but it's got the annoying synthesizer effects in it if memory serves me correctly........murders a good record :thumbsup:

Spot on Chalks.

I've got it on a 'dodgy' white label (with no 80's re-mix) with So Long on the flip.

Edited by AndyF
Social source share

mine was a UK issue Andy and sure it was the flip to World Is X Rated.

Think that's the first 'legal' issue.

First heard it on a mid-eighties tape. Mind you who ever did that played silly buggers with the pitch control and Marvin's voice had a certain chipmunk quality to it. :lol:

No idea where the white label copies originated from (possibly much later?? :thumbsup: )

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Spot on Chalks.

I've got it on a 'dodgy' white label (with no 80's re-mix) with So Long on the flip.

Me too. I got mine at Hinkley. I had the choice, Marvin, Anthony & The Aqua Lads or another going for about 5-600 nowadays.

C'est la vie.

Social source share

Think that's the first 'legal' issue.

First heard it on a mid-eighties tape. Mind you who ever did that played silly buggers with the pitch control and Marvin's voice had a certain chipmunk quality to it. :)

No idea where the white label copies originated from (possibly much later?? :yes: )

Didn't this get a dodgy release before the other (proper tempo) white label dodgy release and covered up as Eddie Holland with the speed turned up?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert