Back In My Arms Again

Guest Gene

I heard a different version of Back In My Arms Again

Female singer... Quite 60'ssounding recording, bit more driving than the Supremes..

Any idea who it is and label?

Thanks!

Gene

Social source share

Female singer... Quite 60'ssounding recording, bit more driving than the Supremes..

Thanks!

Gene

Hi Gene

It's Val Palmer on Twin Hits b/w Richie Brown Uptight also getting plays

Best

BazM

Social source share

This is a bootleg/reissue, though, isn't it??? Richie brown came out on "Hit" records and Val Palmer came out on "Twin Hits" without Richie Brown on the flip

Des Parker

dazed053.gif

Social source share

I found a copy a few years ago and played Val Palmer out a couple of times on a radio show I was doing at the time with Steve Glover. Steve thought that Twin Hits was a kinda US version of those Woolworth cover versions of the 60s.

I'v always thought it was a great version but it does play with a little lower sound quality. I would not class it as a boot.

Pat

Social source share

the original version of VAL PALMER -BACK IN MY ARMS AGAIN, came out on a "Top of the pops/soundalike type LP's in the mid 70's.Credited to a band,some name like Steve.?????.....band,name escapes me.Had this whilst it was played at WIGAN,same time as Beverly Bremers LP (get smart girl).

Don't know who VP was .KEV. :g:

Social source share

Thanks!

Gene

:D
Social source share

this site is so full of expert knowledge - two records that i have posted within a couple of weeks of each other have been labeled 'boot' and 'not boot'. makes it difficult to know what is allowed to be played if we cant get a definite answer dazed053.gif

this one is brilliant

love.jpg

i've been told i cannot play the vocal out at an event but it is ok to play the instrumental flip :D

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

CIMG2875.jpg

CIMG2876.jpg

Pete S says it is "a 60's cover version on a budget label which is actually very hard to find"

Des Parker is unsure if a boot or not - using ??? to query its authenticity

Pat Wallace would not class it as a boot

Godzilla is implying it IS a boot

Much like KevH, I've had this since the days when I was going to Wigan.

Without this turning into an orig V boot debate, can someone please let me know if this record is considered legite enough to be played out at an event.

Social source share

Pete S says it is "a 60's cover version on a budget label which is actually very hard to find"

Des Parker is unsure if a boot or not - using ??? to query its authenticity

Pat Wallace would not class it as a boot

Godzilla is implying it IS a boot

Much like KevH, I've had this since the days when I was going to Wigan.

Without this turning into an orig V boot debate, can someone please let me know if this record is considered legite enough to be played out at an event.

Yours is a boot. But play it out anyway, or are you expecting a visit from the soul police? Kinnell, if people dance to it, who cares what label it's on? That Mary Love is a legal repressing by the way.

Social source share

Yours is a boot. But play it out anyway, or are you expecting a visit from the soul police? Kinnell, if people dance to it, who cares what label it's on? That Mary Love is a legal repressing by the way.

" Kinnell, if people dance to it, who cares what label it's on? "

This wins "The most profound statement of the week" contest

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Both the Hit and Twin Hits label were cheapo labels issuing cover versions of chart hits. Not sure if they were related though. There's a a full Hit records discog here:

Hit Records

You'll see loads of Herbert Hunter and Peggy Gaines stuff on the label. Twin Hits was a really nice looking label

post-1918-1220717983_thumb.jpg

Fascinating Jenny and Jewels 'Love is Like and Itching In My Heart/Its a man's Man's Man's World' by Leroy Jones (Hit) would be another good example from same era as Val Palmer. But I didn't know Herbert Hunter and Leroy Jones are one and same. Or rather sometimes the same. Great trivia

Social source share

:lol::):D:lol:

soulsider???? Hey you're almost me!!! :D

Yes I realised that when I first created my name on here. It's a name I carried across from a football forum - for my sins I'm a Blackpool fan (seasider) hence the name.

Anyway, I would never copy an original - hanging offence on here from what I've read

:lol::D

Edited by soulsider
Social source share

Yes I realised that when I first created my name on here. It's a name I carried across from a football forum - for my sins I'm a Blackpool fan (seasider) hence the name.

Anyway, I would never copy an original - hanging offence on here from what I've read

:D:D

That's ok mate.....you must be a bootleg then! Almost the same but ever so slightly different :D

Social source share

• 6 years later...

" Kinnell, if people dance to it, who cares what label it's on? "

This wins "The most profound statement of the week" contest

That reminds me of the time I phoned a record dealer up to complain about a record I'd been sent and he said

"It was such a long time ago does it really matter what label it's on"!!!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

the original version of VAL PALMER -BACK IN MY ARMS AGAIN, came out on a "Top of the pops/soundalike type LP's in the mid 70's.Credited to a band,some name like Steve.?????.....band,name escapes me.Had this whilst it was played at WIGAN,same time as Beverly Bremers LP (get smart girl).

Don't know who VP was .KEV. g.gif

Val Palmer's Back In My Arms Again is featured on the album "Tamla Hits by Dianne and The New Worlds" on Stereo Gold Records - however the version of "Uptight" on the album is not the Ritchie Brown version

https://www.discogs.com/Dianne-And-The-New-Worlds-Tamla-Hits/master/358548

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!