Jimmy Bo Horne

Guest Bearsy

whats the crack with this track ie- rarity, price and any other info, i know its a 1967 track on Dade but would like to know more,

many thanks

Bearsy

Social source share

• Replies 50
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I first became aware of it around the late 80's. An old Kitch / Dean Anderson spin.

(Always get confused by which one played what)

Was covered up and it's doing my bloody head in because I can't think of it.

Little Beaver ????

it was dean who played it. i think it came from dave raistrick's

Social source share

it was dean who played it. i think it came from dave raistrick's

It was Dean but also Kitch had a copy same time I think, both covered it up as little Beaver. Cleared the floor first few plays but remember Jock, being a man of taste, on the first play running up to asking WHATS THIS (he should know better, to ask me :thumbsup: )

Not sure if it came from Dave or from that trip late 80s or 90ish when Kitch, Dean and I think Dave Taylor come back with loads of tracks from the states.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

:thumbsup: was booted on alleycat by a very naughty boy from leighton buzzard if memory recalls will not name just in case :lol:

I am from Leighton Buzzard. Didn't know about the above, who ?

Social source share

Utter crap on a par with The Carstairs and Bobby Kline.

trust you pete. theres crap ska reggae and and soul records aplenty out there. but jimmie bo and bobby

are pure pieces of magic IMVHO. mind you i cant stop playing adam wades rain from the skies so i guess im

easily pleased

dave

SUNDAY CHILL OUT 14TH DECEMBER HORSE AND GROOM PUB EAST LAITH GATE DONCASTER CENTER

TWINS AND JOE LAKIN WITH GUESTS MICK WAD, LITTLE AV GARY SMITH AND HOWARD

Social source share

didnt Cliff steel get a handful from Black Grape for £8 each?

I got the first one out of Black Grape in the early ninetees, I had sent in a wants list with an order for a record, when the ordered record came back enclosed was a mint Jimmy 'Bo' Horne and a request to send back £6.00 (I still have the letter) I told all my close soul friends including Cliff Steel that Black Grape had a few, it even got listed on his next list at £18 described as lots of northern interest.

Regards

Paul

Social source share

Thats a really hopeless comment Dave, why do you have to bring up ska and reggae, why not say classical music or jazz, because none of them have anything to do with the subject in hand which is rubbish Northern Soul records.

but bobby and jimmie are not rubbish NS records in the ear of the beholder. after all it was just an opinion

the guy starting the thread rates jimmie highly and never said it was rubbish. also its my perogative to talk

rubbish. its a free country for the time being. in your 20 million posts pete 99% you talk sense but the other percent you too are guillty of making hopeless and unecessary comments like the one about jimmie bo

dave

Social source share

but bobby and jimmie are not rubbish NS records in the ear of the beholder. after all it was just an opinion

the guy starting the thread rates jimmie highly and never said it was rubbish. also its my perogative to talk

rubbish. its a free country for the time being. in your 20 million posts pete 99% you talk sense but the other percent you too are guillty of making hopeless and unecessary comments like the one about jimmie bo

dave

That's hopeless, unecessary and rubbish Dave.

:D

Social source share

it is pete.but all that hopeless unecessary rubbish is important to me as it is the rest of us :rolleyes::D

dave

True. Anyway, I'm afraid hospital is beckoning us yet again so I shall have to curtail this argument but it just happened that the topic was one of my big hated records (mainly because of the My Cehrie Amour intro really) hey but then again I love Chapter Five so what do I know...

Social source share

I got the first one out of Black Grape in the early ninetees, I had sent in a wants list with an order for a record, when the ordered record came back enclosed was a mint Jimmy 'Bo' Horne and a request to send back £6.00 (I still have the letter) I told all my close soul friends including Cliff Steel that Black Grape had a few, it even got listed on his next list at £18 described as lots of northern interest.

Regards

Paul

all most right then :D got mine of Mark Wilkes

Social source share

whats the crack with this track ie- rarity, price and any other info, i know its a 1967 track on Dade but would like to know more,

many thanks

Bearsy

Also booted on light blue Dade very plain with blank b-side.

Kev

Little Dawn Brown always used to play it down the 100club and around but think she might have sold it on by now (don't quote me)

Kev

Social source share

True. And Ray Merrell, Frankie & Johnny, John Andrews - 100% northern soul, colour of skin not important.

I agree Pete. Never said it was :rolleyes:

Just think that Twiggy mess of a record could do with your carstairs treatment followed by naplam. Each to their own.

At least you love Buddy Smith :D

Social source share

not 1967 but 1970/71 and rely`s very heavily on stevies my cherie amour

sean chapman gave carl willingham 2and half grand for it last year.

so its a safe bet to say that it is a 2k record :thumbsup:

dave

Thought it was from 1969 but could well be wrong

Never heard any likeness to Stevie's my cherie amour, will check it out tonight

Regards

Paul

Social source share

Sean played it last night at Bisley...

Great record really soulful... Jimmy Bo Horne means everyword he sings on that record...

you dont arf talk some shit sometimes dont you :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thought it was from 1969 but could well be wrong

Never heard any likeness to Stevie's my cherie amour, will check it out tonight

Regards

Paul

It says on the, Kent classiest rarities 2, cd that it is a 1967 production :thumbup: by Brad Shapiro & Steve Alaimo :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

I first became aware of it around the late 80's. An old Kitch / Dean Anderson spin.

(Always get confused by which one played what)

Was covered up and it's doing my bloody head in because I can't think of it.

Little Beaver ????

think theres a joke there joan,but i'm to much of a gentleman :thumbsup::lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

not 1967 but 1970/71 and rely`s very heavily on stevies my cherie amour

sean chapman gave carl willingham 2and half grand for it last year.

so its a safe bet to say that it is a 2k record :thumbsup:

dave

more a safe bet to say 1k :lol:

Social source share

It says on the, Kent classiest rarities 2, cd that it is a 1967 production :lol: by Brad Shapiro & Steve Alaimo :thumbsup:

just listening to the record make me not believe that. plus his other 45 on dade is clean up man.the same as betty wright. in parts it really does lean on stevie and thats summer 69

dave

Social source share

just listening to the record make me not believe that. plus his other 45 on dade is clean up man.the same as betty wright. in parts it really does lean on stevie and thats summer 69

dave

Totally agree with you on listening to it but unless Kent have fooked up its defo a 1967 production :rolleyes:

Social source share

He got one or two, then he told me about it so I rang up and I had to pay nearly double for mine £15.

I was gutted biggrin.gif

OK - here's the true story.

John Anderson and I got a deal thru Bernie Binnick to each take 100 copies of every TK record in the Tones Dist warehouse in Miami just before they took them all to be ground up because they didn't want to keep paying the rental on the storage facility. We had to take 100 each of everything because they didn't want to waste the time looking for individual titles. So we got 100 each of every freaking KC 45...the only thing I recall not being there was the Charles Johnson on Alston.

It's all very well joking now that I was selling them at £8 and £15 :thumbsup: .... but the simple fact is that I'd been listing it for yonks at £8 and nobody had the 'ear' to buy it until it started getting played. In fact, some may have even gone in those TK Soul Packs I did in order to get rid of the KC's and George McRae's etc. I can't remember Cliff buying a bunch, but I can remember selling the last 10 or so to Tim Brown for £35 each. So whilst other people got a bargain, I'd paid 10c each - so I was pleased to be selling it too .... plus all the other TK deepsoul stuff that I sold for far bigger money to Japan and the other stuff I had on my shelf when the funk resurgence happened - thank you very much.

So - all round, everybody was happy.

And to make everybody happier (possibly ?) there'll be a revival of my 'Hit and Run' label in January 2009 - the first 2 45s will be Mary Gresham and Doris Allen - 4 storming dancers. All 4 previously unreleased (other than my Soulscape CDs) - so the big question is - will they be able to be played at venues... classic real soul from back in the day, first time on vinyl, first time on 45... what other excuse can anyone find for not playing them ? not rare enough ? ......... tricky... :yes:

Social source share

And to make everybody happier (possibly ?) there'll be a revival of my 'Hit and Run' label in January 2009 - the first 2 45s will be Mary Gresham and Doris Allen - 4 storming dancers. All 4 previously unreleased (other than my Soulscape CDs) - so the big question is - will they be able to be played at venues... classic real soul from back in the day, first time on vinyl, first time on 45... what other excuse can anyone find for not playing them ? not rare enough ? ......... tricky... biggrin.gif

I know one DJ who'll be playing 'em, Garry!

Very good news mate.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert