Guest soulboy

• Replies 165
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soulboy

northern soul...is like the world darts championships at frimley green.....bowling shirts wiv ya name on em,loadsa bling and big banners everywhere proclaiming NORVERN SOOUL. :thumbup:

Rare soul is sorter the same music without the above tinsletown image. :lol:

I started to watch the darts sunday and had to turn it off cos your so right , well funny

Social source share

Guest familytree

This one is 30!

My heart always lies with the classics and in particular real good uptempo tracks, the ones you can dance to... I cannot move to a slow song for love nor money!

Me neither... at 49! tis a crazy scene indeed... gonna start a thread titled 'did N.S ruin your life'? mmm :thumbup: x

Social source share

Following on from the What record got you in to soul topic i was surprised by the seeming young age of replys,As a dodering 53 year old come on whats your age? most people i see about seem around the same age as me.

Northern Soul is not dead ........... most of its fans have at least 5 or 10 years of life left ! biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

northern soul...is like the world darts championships at frimley green.....bowling shirts wiv ya name on em,loadsa bling and big banners everywhere proclaiming NORVERN SOOUL. laugh.gif

Rare soul is sorter the same music without the above tinsletown image. :ohmy:

Rare Soul and Northern Soul are the same thing in my eyes.

Social source share

Me neither... at 49! tis a crazy scene indeed... gonna start a thread titled 'did N.S ruin your life'? mmm smile.gif x

lol - bloody 'ell you'll be inundated! :P

Jayne.x

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Rare Soul and Northern Soul are the same thing in my eyes.

take off the words RARE and NORVERN........and guess what ? your right.........it's just one is still underground the other is up there in neon lights

Social source share

Following on from the What record got you in to soul topic i was surprised by the seeming young age of replys,As a dodering 53 year old come on whats your age? most people i see about seem around the same age as me.

56 into 57th, cannot believe it's 40 years since i watched oscar tony junior at the twisted wheel, danced then,and manage a spin still, when the achilles allows,

Regards Mall,

Co pro'moter, Federation & central soul clubs Nottingham,

Social source share

hi ,56 last november,still like to get out and about a bit ,tend to like weekenders in warm places like italy , also getting more into modern stuff ,but still love northern , as they say you are as old as you feel . mr j.p.

Social source share

56 into 57th, cannot believe it's 40 years since i watched oscar tony junior at the twisted wheel, danced then,and manage a spin still, when the achilles allows,

Regards Mall,

Co pro'moter, Federation & central soul clubs Nottingham,

26th April 1969? :thumbsup:

Social source share

19 in my head.. Maybe look about 35 on a very good day..

Middle age on the 29th Jan... .. Still got my own teeth and hair and can get a twitch every now and again..

forever the optimist eh Steve :thumbsup:

Social source share

19 in my head.. Maybe look about 35 on a very good day..

Middle age on the 29th Jan... .. Still got my own teeth and hair and can get a twitch every now and again..

LOL... show off! :shades:

Until I saw your DOB on facebook, I did think you were about my age. Have to say, you are looking great for a man of almost 70!.

Jayne.x :thumbsup:

Social source share

LOL... show off! :D

Until I saw your DOB on facebook, I did think you were about my age. Have to say, you are looking great for a man of almost 70!.

Jayne.x wink.gif

Don't massage his ego Jayne..... :lol: you've probably only seen him in the dark with his teeth in :P

Social source share

Can't believe it! Three pages, and I'm the youngest...

Turned 18 last november, so I was born 10 years after NS died :P

Actually I felt kind of old. Don't be mad, but you guys quite raised my spirits again :lol:

Cheers,

D

PS Just saw, I joined the forum when I was 15. Did I spoiled my youth? unsure.gif

Edited by Dante
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

think i am lost so if this is old thread i must have posted but if not

then i am 28 and young to a lot since i feel young and my dad is 56 which of course he tells me about all the old venues he attended in and around Peterborough years ago

i am sure some people remember The spinning Wheel and places like Herlington and groove center and places that used to have play Northern soul years ago in Peterborough

Social source share

im the big 40 in may but thanks to nighters i cud pass for fifty lolxx

Social source share

Guest rushden

51 In Australia the plan's are already on the drawing board Soul retirement villages and i can envisage allnighters in there in 30 yrs times . Personally this stonking music is keeping us all young even if we don't all look it best john sweating down under

Social source share

Guest rayskim

age ,depends on what clubs a person wants to pretend that they went too. :wicked:

Ha ha given me a good laugh, if only it wasn't true. You know it's time to exit stage left when you hear those immortal words " when I went to blah blah blah"

No drainpipe climbing with my sleep with one eye open Mother so perhaps I am just jealous. :D:D:)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert