Do You Allow The Playing Of Boots At Your Venue

Guest Bearsy

Guest Beeks

the Freestyle is as it says and if the DJ fees comfortable with it, then so be it.

Ah was unaware of that Sian...must admit i've never seen anyone playing anything other than original vinyl in the freestyle room and i'm happy to say I won't be bucking the trend in June wink.gif

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Are you feeling mischievous little Bear... wicked.gif

Back on topic...Not in the Main Room, the Freestyle is as it says and if the DJ fees comfortable with it, then so be it.

Social source share

Ah was unaware of that Sian...must admit i've never seen anyone playing anything other than original vinyl in the freestyle room and i'm happy to say I won't be bucking the trend in June wink.gif

I'd like to think all the DJ's in there can be creative enough not to but I've never specifically said, no boots.

The Main Room however, is a different story.

I wouldn't be impressed if I'd travelled to be dished up something less than the real thing.

Now Mr Bear, go and find a chinese...and stop winding us up... :D

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

The minimum consequence for playing a boot at BASICS is the refusal to EVER allow the boot player behind our decks again .... I also wouldn't rule out removal from the venue

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

No

Mind you our policy is underplayed and newly discovered so they wouldn't have been booted any way. It's only the overplayed oldies nights that suffer from boots and CDs.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest outonthefloor

laugh.gif:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I could name you three venues just off the top of me head but there is already a price on my head and Im not a promoter so Ill shut up.....

Edited by outonthefloor
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

the standard reply to this is "l don't play them in my set,but l can't keep my eye on all the dj's,so l can't be sure?.

they mean "yeh every dj plays em at my venue,l have no trouble with it! as long as l,ve said the above first......almost like a legal waiver WITHOUT PREDJUDICE. Like Helen l can tell ya at least a dozen venues and a dozen err hum! dj's (loose term) that play em,but to you and me would deny it strenuosly for fear of it affecting their venues.....but really they have no need to worry lol :lol: .....As l,ve said before boots and carvers allow those that have no place behind the decks and no love of the music to be dj's (loose term)...Heres a thought for ya!!...think of all the places you know that boots are played aplenty (despite assurances otherwise).where the dj's and promoters never attend other folks venues......you'll find the two are usually connected :lol:thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

the standard reply to this is "l don't play them in my set,but l can't keep my eye on all the dj's,so l can't be sure?.

they mean "yeh every dj plays em at my venue,l have no trouble with it! as long as l,ve said the above first......almost like a legal waiver WITHOUT PREDJUDICE. Like Helen l can tell ya at least a dozen venues and a dozen err hum! dj's (loose term) that play em,but to you and me would deny it strenuosly for fear of it affecting their venues.....but really they have no need to worry lol :lol: .....As l,ve said before boots and carvers allow those that have no place behind the decks and no love of the music to be dj's (loose term)...Heres a thought for ya!!...think of all the places you know that boots are played aplenty (despite assurances otherwise).where the dj's and promoters never attend other folks venues......you'll find the two are usually connected :lol:thumbsup.gif

who are "them and they" that you always seem to refer to, why don't you come out and name "them" so "they " can defend themselves instead of this continual nudge nudge wink wink cobblers, or is it that you can't name any one your just trying to be clever and controversial again :lol:

Social source share

Guest outonthefloor

Not one promoter has come on here and admitted to it...what does that tell you.

Back in the day we used to travel miles to listen to a dj that had a certain tune/tunes you wanted to hear.

Now it seems every middle aged wanna be or never was can be the Dj they always wanted to be with boots etc. I put it down to mid life crisis.

I dont have the money to buy the vinyl Id like so I spend my money going out listening to dj's that do. Why would I wanna go out and listen to booots n cds?

come on say it loud, I play boots n Im proud! does anyone have the bottle?

Social source share

Back in the day we used to travel miles to listen to a dj that had a certain tune/tunes you wanted to hear.

Now it seems every middle aged wanna be or never was can be the Dj they always wanted to be with boots etc. I put it down to mid life crisis.

I dont have the money to buy the vinyl Id like so I spend my money going out listening to dj's that do. Why would I wanna go out and listen to booots n cds?

:rolleyes:

According to a recent thread, "back in the day" isn't an original northern soul term. Hoist by your own petard ?

:thumbsup::D:(

Social source share

Hell will freeze over :(

I will start supporting England

(NO DISRESPECT TO ENGLAND OF COURSE BUT THEY'RE FAR BETTER AT FOOTIE THAN US BUT WERE SHITE AND PROUD OF IT )

and the Pope will be a Protestant

before I PERSONALLY will play or allow anyone to play an IMITATION /FAKE / COUNTERFEIT / DUB / CARVER SPECIAL OR INDEED BOOTLEG at my/our venue.

so I guess thats a resounding NO from ABERDEEN NORTHERN SOUL CLUB .

and yes I am speaking for all of us not just me and its not a self promoting rant.. Jock. :rolleyes::thumbsup::D

Richie

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Lets hear these people sing..

"Say it out loud, you are a fake and your proud" :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest outonthefloor

:rolleyes:

According to a recent thread, "back in the day" isn't an original northern soul term. Hoist by your own petard ?

:thumbsup::D:(

:lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

Well i have never played a boot out ever,and i have one carver but thats legal and i havent played that out anyway :rolleyes: what others do i dont care,its up to them but i do know the ones who care about there records originality are usualy nicer people who dont take short cuts and care about things and intresting inteligent folks and the ones who play boots are the opposit..........

Hoops wrong thread,ah well.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest BigPaul

who are "them and they" that you always seem to refer to, why don't you come out and name "them" so "they " can defend themselves instead of this continual nudge nudge wink wink cobblers, or is it that you can't name any one your just trying to be clever and controversial again :lol:

Nobodies going to come on and defend themselves are they :lol:

For the simple reason, they would be admitting there guilt wink.gif

They know who they are and its there own conscience they

have to live with :ohmy: not methinks wink.gif

You dont have to be overly bright to hazard a guess in your

local area, who are and who aren't :lol:

Silence is Golden :lol:

Social source share

Guest BigPaul

This thread is shite and really gone no where but hey i have another idea for another thread :g:

Why dont you just go on Events Talk and

every time someone posts a new event :D

Just ask the Question :yes::no::lol:

Will all your DJs be playing off original vinyl :(

Good Luck :lol:

Paul

Edited by BigPaul
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

if l name people i'm called negative.......people say nam,e and shame,but no one does. If l name em you say l'm on some kind of vendetta or i've got an axe to grind

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Guest andrew bin

Nobodies going to come on and defend themselves are they :lol:

For the simple reason, they would be admitting there guilt wink.gif

They know who they are and its there own conscience they

have to live with :lol: not methinks wink.gif

You dont have to be overly bright to hazard a guess in your

local area, who are and who aren't :lol:

Silence is Golden :yes:

the only local doo I've been to recently that played a format from the dark side was an after wedding party i attended last summer were the dj played a northern soul track off a cd :ohmy: i would have had him taken outside and flogged for his hanus crime but it was me that asked him to play it wink.gif

if someone local to me started a oldies/motown night that played cd's boots pressings etc i really couldn't care less, it doesn't affect me in any way at all

and i suppose the reason boot/cd/reissue playing dj's or promoters don't come on here explaining why they do what they do is because the couldn't care less what a few people on here think about them wink.gif

the real problem on the scene for me at the moment is not dj's playing bootsor reissues it's the the amount of scruffy fcukers there are, ffs have a shave put some deodorant on and run an iron over that shirt before you go out, you know who you are wink.gif

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

if l name people i'm called negative.......people say nam,e and shame,but no one does. If l name em you say l'm on some kind of vendetta or i've got an axe to grind

i apoligise if i've got you wrong, i forgot that you post some of the most uplifting and positive replys on here :lol:

Social source share

clearly some porkeys beings told here

I have promoted myself, played off any old format, no complaints , NOT ONE

Torquay grand hotel

Plymouth novotel + plymouth Noahs Ark + lee mill inn

no one even asked let alone complained

Jo

Social source share

Do not allow Boots at Riverside and expect all DJ's to respect that. There are enough knpwledgeable people at the venue to Sniff out anyone going against the venue policy of OVO. Anyone caught doing so, does not get an invite to DJ again.

Edited by Mike E
Social source share

Do not allow Boots at Riverside and expect all DJ's to respect that. There are enough knpwledgeable people at the venue to Sniff out anyone going against the venue policy of OVO. Anyone caught doing so, does not get an invite to DJ again.

When asked at The Junction, what d'ye want me to play?

Answers always the same.

Play what YOU like, but it must be real

ATB

Tony

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest outonthefloor

clearly some porkeys beings told here

I have promoted myself, played off any old format, no complaints , NOT ONE

Torquay grand hotel

Plymouth novotel + plymouth Noahs Ark + lee mill inn

no one even asked let alone complained

Jo

Err what do you mean Porkeys being told? You quoted me so in what way am I lying?

Social source share

I could never keep boots on the turntables, found they tend to topple over and fall off

Flip flops are much easier and you can put the thong over the spindle to keep em in place :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Helen,

Don't think he / she was using your post to say you were lying.

I read it as answeing the "Not one promoter has come on here and admitted to it...what does that tell you" part.

The the poster went on to explain they played off any format.

Hope you are keeping well.

See you soon.

Tabs

Err what do you mean Porkeys being told? You quoted me so in what way am I lying?
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

i apoligise if i've got you wrong, i forgot that you post some of the most uplifting and positive replys on here :lol:

To most on the scene (not all ) being positive and being honest are to differant things.To be positive is to call folk behind their back for some sort of dodgy practise whilst smiling widely and tellin em what great blokes they are,bit like the peter cook and dudley moore skit that ends in C**T.To be honest is just to point out when things ain't how the person portrays it.No one wants to go about upsetting folk for fun,but hey don't be dodgy,a liar,have the wrong motives and generally go about things underhand. atb tezza.As far as uplifting.....thats the job of the MUSIC.

Social source share

Maybe people don't come on here to defend what they allow being played at there venues, because they are only intrested in giving the punters an enjoyable night out..

if you are a promoter of a small local do, you've had to pay for the venue out of your own pocket.. wondering if the number in the doors will cover that and the dj's.. you know you've already lost the money of the flyers..

all your worrying about is that the dj has a full floor and people will come back and support the venue..

as a promoter thats what you want..

I don't think its the promoters responsibility but the responsibility of the dj to play originals..

Now when a promoter books a dj.. do they

A/ hear them out and see how busy the floor is and think, blimey he could do the business at my do.. I'll wait till he's finished and catch up with him..

or

B/ does he go up and look through the dj's records to see if they are all originals ...

probably A...

no its not the promoter its the dj.. the person who is giving all the listern to what i've got ... listern to what i'm playing..

The promoter is just trying to give the punters an enjoyable night..

only what i think :lol:

Social source share

Maybe people don't come on here to defend what they allow being played at there venues, because they are only intrested in giving the punters an enjoyable night out..

if you are a promoter of a small local do, you've had to pay for the venue out of your own pocket.. wondering if the number in the doors will cover that and the dj's.. you know you've already lost the money of the flyers..

all your worrying about is that the dj has a full floor and people will come back and support the venue..

as a promoter thats what you want..

I don't think its the promoters responsibility but the responsibility of the dj to play originals..

Now when a promoter books a dj.. do they

A/ hear them out and see how busy the floor is and think, blimey he could do the business at my do.. I'll wait till he's finished and catch up with him..

or

B/ does he go up and look through the dj's records to see if they are all originals ...

probably A...

no its not the promoter its the dj.. the person who is giving all the listern to what i've got ... listern to what i'm playing..

The promoter is just trying to give the punters an enjoyable night..

only what i think :lol:

I think a lot of what you've said is probably correct..........unfortunately :lol:

Social source share

Deleted.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Why dont you just go on Events Talk and

every time someone posts a new event :ohmy:

Just ask the Question wink.gif:P:thumbsup:

Will all your DJs be playing off original vinyl :yes:

Good Luck :D

Paul

This was the exact point I was making before - the soul police thinking they have the God given right to poke their noses into the affairs of others; knowing 100% that they wont be attending anyway. What business is it of certain individuals on these forums that they really think they are the last voice on everything to do with soul - and then try and lambast other soul fans into their way of thinking, talking, dressing, even down to what bloody records people should like.

We even have idiots on here that continually refer to people as 'real soul fans' & 'not real soul fans' because the 'non real' don't agree with their thinking rolleyes.gif

Jeeeeeesus H Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you anal retentives keep going the way you are going with all your rules and regulations we will eventually end up with people on the door checking to see if your freakin shirt is ironed befor you can come in :lol:

Social source share