Boomerang ,thorne

Guest soul kitten

Guest soul kitten

Once again Maria and Karen "did good"

Fantastic night last night ,every dj producing music that once again had me asking "whats This"

if Steve woomble had nt had so much jungle juice might have found out :huh: playlists PLEASE.

got to say this is my favourite venue ,really friendly atmosphere with everyone enjoying themselves, only negative thing i can think of is ......... got to wait till May for the next one :D

Maria you deserve a medal for lasting that long in those beautiful very high red shoes!!!! Hope this night made your birthday a little bit special for you :thumbsup:

This venue does exactly what its called Boomerang ,you keep coming back for more,

if you have nt been, try it well worth a visit 1

Thanks girls can safely say see you in May

• Replies 42
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wanted to say what a great night I had at the Canal Tavern last night.

I was absolutely knackered after the triple birthday bash at Letchworth, usually follow that sort of thing with a quiet night, but I knew I had to get myself together for a trip "oop north".

My good friend Paolo was staying over at my place to look after my dog, that took such a weight off my mind.

At 1pm Martin A (Rbman) arrived in a hire car, and off we went. Horrible weather, and very busy roads. We drove in and out of heavy showers, but by the time we got up to Yorkshire it had stopped, and they hadn't had the rain we'd had in London that day. Our time of arrival at the Travelodge was about 4pm, time to have a quick wash, change clothes and get a taxi to the Canal Tavern, Thorne.

We entered through the bar, and Karen kindly pointed us in the direction of the function room.

At this point I'd like to thank Maria for inviting me and Martin to her birthday party, very nice of you. Your friends in London miss you. I'd just dropped off my bag on the stage, when Nige and Carms came up to say hello to us, good to see them. And that was the pattern of the whole evening, seeing friends and chatting, and everyone was so friendly.

Arthur was on the decks when we arrived, and playing some nice slightly slower (Crossover?) sounds. We briefly discussed the infamous Teacher Man, one that I hadn't heard at the time. Martin is not keen on it, but I wanted to hear what it was like, Arthur promised to play it later.

Ady Pountain did a set next, and then Carms and Nige double decked. They played two of my faves, Speed Up by Betty Moorer and the Volumes' That Same Old Feeling. Very good set.

By this time we'd had some of the party food, and I'd started on the alcohol.

After this it becomes slightly hazy, not entirely sure if I remember the DJ order correctly. Think it was Maria, I know she played Eula Cooper's Try for me, and These Memories, you did make me laugh when you said it was Lesley's favourite record.

As I type this I am getting confused, was Arthur on next? Well, whatever, he played Teacher Man, and I think it's okay, Modern Soul, not disco as a certain person told me. LOL. Is there a Spiro Giro connection?

I remember dancing to Marvin Gaye's Gonna Give You Respect, one of my top three tracks by him, Ady Pountain played that.

Dave Rippoles did his first set, again good sounds, classy Crossover.

By now the alcohol had definitely taken over so the rest of the DJ order is hazy, but I do remember some great music. And a very full dance floor.

Dave Rippoles played I'll Let You Slide by the Saints, great record, love to dance to that. The number of times I was sitting at the table and one of my favourites came on and I jumped up, hope I didn't upset anyone in my rush for the floor.

Ady Pountain finished the night off, and played a couple of Latin tracks shortly before the end, David Coleman and Tony Middleton's Spanish Maiden.

Then it was over, time to say our au revoirs, and a taxi back to the Travelodge.

Nice to see Kirsty again, I promise to keep my eyes on your face at all times, lol.

Chatted to so many people, hope to see you all again soon. I suspect I was talking rubbish most of the evening due to alcohol intake, tired and emotional springs to mind. Just hope I didn't upset anyone.

Thanks to Karen and Maria for organising a brilliant soul night, thanks to the DJs for some marvellous music, and thanks to all my friends for putting up with me. Extra thanks to Maria for inviting me.

As I said repeatedly, just wish this event was nearer London.

Sitting at home now thinking of all the things I should be doing, but Soul Source seems such a better idea.

Had a great afternoon and evening. Good to meet Karen & Peter. Music was first class but Maria's second set was brilliant. Playlist please. ...and thank you so much for playing Teacherman (twice) and for making me dance to it for the second play :lol: .

Have you changed your mind about "Teacherman" Martin :(

Glad you all had a good time, sorry couldn't make it in the end - house problems in Somerset I needed to get sorted out, before it falls down. Apparantly I am now Project Manager for my house though :lol: Also I am now an expert on floor joists, wet rot, woodworm, and dwarf walls. :thumbsup:

Edited by Steve G

First thing that struck me last nite was the vibe in the room,electric or what?.Superb sets from all behind the decks,too many good toons to list.

Thanks to Ady Pountain for the Bits and Pieces-"Did i scare you?",just managed to acquire a minty demo quite cheap :thumbsup: .

Met lots of nice people as well,lots of chatting going on.Steve Woomble,you were there honest,but why do you despair with me :( ?.KEV. :lol:

A huge thanks from Karen and myself to all who came to Boomerang last night, particularly all the travellers and those who "keep coming back" :thumbsup: . Our guest DJ's ADY POUNTAIN, DAVE RIPOLLES and ARTHUR played wonderful soul music and kept the floor happy. Our biggest buzz (after the music off course :lol: ) is seeing those smiling faces and we hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

(On a personal note, a big thank you to everyone who made my day so special. My 40th birthday was by far the best birthday I've ever had - start to finish. I can't believe how nice everyone was and it's makes me feel so much more at "home" here in the UK. There was a small private do before the soul night where Arthur, Ady, Carms & Nige played some lovely sounds to set the mood and I was suprised to be flooded with cards and prezzies ...particularly after asking everyone just to bring themselves. The Canal Tavern also put on a fabulous buffet spread and looked after us wonderfully.

...Then at 8pm, things just got better as Boomerang kicked off and the room filled for our FIRST ANNIVERSARY.)

Arthur and I are just joining the living now ...after our first hangover in years - so I'm not up to typing his bits or my bits today.

However, I will ask Dave and Ady to post up (or send me) their playlists as soon as they can.

m

Well as usual I had the most fantastic night down in Thorne. It was an honour and a pleasure to be invited along for the early doors gathering, helping Maria to celebrate getting to 40 relatively unscathed :lol: She looked stunning, and was positively glowing, enjoying being the centre of attention! She did manage to make me and Karen nearly wet ourselves with laughter, when implying that she couldn't always hear us. The pair of us are not known for being softly spoken... Anyway, I hope you really did have a birthday that you'll always remember - and that you're head doesn't hurt too much today!

As for Thorne itself, this is the third one that I've managed to get to - and I have made it my personal mission to get as many friends as possible to come along too. The music played is second to none. Maria and Karen choose DJs whose collections and knowledge are extensive - and that don't just play records that are currently flavour of the month - nor is just silly money records all night :thumbsup:

As has been said earlier - last night the atmosphere was fantastic, lots of laughy, smiley faces - lots of singing along, clapping and voracious conversations taking place. Music wise, Dave Ripolles was DJ of the night for me - in fact he got a standing ovation when he finished! None of the DJs played a poor spot, and they each complimented one another perfectly. Can't decide what my tune of the night was - maybe Tearra (can we set a date for the naked wrestling Dave?) - or was it the Royal VII, or Gangsta Boy, or even Spanish Maiden (I do love me latin).. actually the list is pretty long and I could be here all night.

Thanks for promoting this little do ladies - keep up the good work! And god I feel rough today...

WELL SAID SHARON,WAS MY FIRST TIME AT THORNE WILL BE THERE IN MAY FOR SURE.

What a great nite and thanks to Dale 4 the lift .

First time for us to Boomerang

-all the box's ticked -underground soul at its best, got those hairs on the back of the neck tingling and the 'wants list' expanded somewhat......

-a good turnout from York 2 , spreading the wings and migrating south for some thing rather special.

All the DJs excelled , though Arthur F and Mario 0 really did it for us -can't wait 4 those playlists.

Ady's latin quarter set was a nice ending.

Andy n Denise

Northampton Soul Weekender 4 23-26 May 08.Live acts included The Impressions, Undisputed Truth, Kenny Bernard . 20 DJs including Sean Chapman, Jo Wallace , Andy Bellwood , Chris 'Bearsoul' Morgan. Details including accomodation www.northernsoulradio.co.uk .Tel 01604759719

Edited by YKSoulandy

ANOTHER FANTASTIC NIGHT AT THORNE, MUSICALLY EXQUISIT. ALL THE DJ.S PLAYED TREMENDOUS SETS AND PERSONALLY CAN'T REMEMBER A BAD RECORD. WELL DONE MARIA AND KAREN FOR PUTTIN' ON A FAB NITER WITH GREAT ATMOSPHERE, PEOPLE AND GREAT GUINNESS :thumbsup: , HOPE THE BAR TAKINGS WERE UP THIS TIME COZ WE CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE A VENUE LIKE THIS... SPOT ON.

BRI PINCH.

WELL SAID SHARON,WAS MY FIRST TIME AT THORNE WILL BE THERE IN MAY FOR SURE.

Well worth the trip from northants what can I say that aint been said,respect to all involved and the dj's quality toons & mates not seen for ages,new faces new friends. Lots of stuff not heard before, and thats what its about for me. No politics just a fantastic nite with cool people and music that is so utterly brilliant that it is, and always will be a way of life to escape to with like minded people. Those black guys/girls on the corner put it all into their song but never made it,but I am so glad they tried. To hear those notes & harmonies to move to them to feel the words to get those goosebumps, yep so glad they tried.

My fav Saying. We are all in the gutter but some of us looked up and saw the stars. Nice one Kimbo

Just coming round from a fantastic night last night. Great to catch up with so many people, Many of who I haven't seen for ages.

There was a bit of a buzz about this night beforehand, but for a change 'soul scource posts really did become reality. Absolutely everyone seemed to be out for a good time. Everyone was smiling and laughing and the dancefloor never really emptied from beginning to end, which when your dj'ing, gives you such a lift and the confidence to try a few new things.

Thanks to Maria and Karen for asking me to play, it was a pleasure to be involved with such a brilliant and memorable night!

Playlists as promised but a little hazy regarding order....

9.30-10.00

4 Dynamics-Things a lady aint supposed to do (Peachtree)

Percy Stone-Chained (Ram)

Willie Tee-I'm Having so much Fun (Gatur)

Manhattans-I Can't stand for you to leave me (Deluxe)

Saints- I'll let you slide (Wig Wam)

Charles Holiday-Dont Lie (Playboy)

Bernard Smith -Gotta be a reason (Groove)

Tearra-Just Loving You (Midtown)

Bobby Boyd-Why are you Crying (Tiger Lilly LP)

Jeannie Tracey-Making New Friends (Brown Door)

Summits-I Cant get over losing you (Dontee)

11.30-12.15

Doc Peabody-Here I am Without you (Both Sides)

Wanda Mcdaniel and the Ultimate Choice-Gangster Boy (AppleRay)

Fluorescent Smogg-All My Life (WG)

Richard Paradise- Let Me Stay (Solid Gold 12")

Mellow Madness-Save the Youth (Mega)

Rising Sun- Good Loving (Kingston)

Stevens and Foster-i Want to be loved (Jerri)

Cloudburst -I'm Loving you (Stormy Monday)

Vee Gees - Talking (Jump Off)

Fantastics-Where there's a will (Impressario)

Barbara Mason -You Better stop it (Arctic)

Audrey Royal-Super Sexy Soul Man (SRI)

Natural Four-I thought you were mine (Boola Boola)

Vanguards-Good Times, Bad Times (Lamp)

Lee Fields-Take Me Back (Angle three)

Hesitations-Isthis the way to treat a girl (GWP)

Marva Whitney-This Girls in Love with you (King)

Pretty sure thats it, no doubt something else will come back to me.

Have to say all the dj's ,Maria , Arthur and Ady, played fantastic across the board music to a brilliant crowd.

Dave Ripolles

Big thanks to Maria for the early invite and hope you had a great birthday , I'm sure you did, couldn't fail to with such a brilliant atmosphere as it was in there last night.

Fantastic music throughout from all but favourite spots for us were Nige Brown and Carms double deck which an hour or so later would have had more dance floor action and Maria's second spot which did get people dancing and set the tone for the rest of the night.

Good to meet you Chris (Bearsoul) as well having read so many epic posts on here from you , always nice to put faces to names on SS.

A special mention to Karen as well for the very warm welcome we received and for all the hard work you put in to make it a special night for Maria. Also a mention for the bar staff who I think coped really well to say how many people turned up.

All in all it was a superb night of soul and already looking forward to the next one in May.

Paul & Sue :thumbsup::unsure:

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Certainly heard some interesting sounds last night, an excellent venue and atmosphere. Well done ladies and gents. Roll on May.

Dave :thumbsup:

Funkier than a mosquito's tweeter !!!

What a Fantastic Evening !!

A big thank you to Maria for in inviting Carmen & I to play some music at your Birthday "Do " before the main event started , we so enjoyed playing some music at souch a great venue a(nd the rest of the evening was a packer with music to die for!! :unsure: .

Maria looked stunning and Auther surley must win "best shirt of the night" :thumbsup:

Carms & i double decked 6-30 THU 8PM im sure she will post up later heres some of my contribution.)

BRILLIANT KORNERS -- THREE LONELY GUYS--MODERN Demo IMPALAS -- SPEED UP -- CAPTOL Demo SAM NESBIT --CHASE THOSE CLOUDS AWAY-- AMOS WILLIE TEE -- FIRST TASTE OF HURT -- GATUR ROTATIONS --- I CANT FIND HER --- BeBROSSARD CLOVERS --- TRY MY LOVING ON YOU -- JOSIE SKIP JACKSON -- IM ON TO YOU GIRL --DOT MAH THE DIFFRENCES -- FIVE MINUTES -- MON'CAR THE DEMURES -- RAINING TEARDROPS -- BRUNSWICK Demo MILL EVANS -- WHY WHY WHY -- KING Demo GEORGE KIRBY -- WHAT CAN I DO -- CADET VOLUMES -- THAT SAME OLD FEELING -- IMPACT MATT BROWN -- THANK YOU BABY -- JAV VAL INOVATIONS --- STAY ON THE CASE -- HIT SOUND CLAUD HUEY -- DRIFTING -- M I O B Demo J. JOCKO --- IM GETTING OVER -- KAMA SUTRA Demo RANDY BROWN --- IM ALWAYS IN THE MOOD -- PARACHUTE JERRY WASHINGTON -- DONT WASTE MY TIME -- GLADES

Nige B

I had a wonderful time really really really ( thats for Pete :thumbsup: enjoyed playing some of my fave tunes mingled in with Brownys .

Sat there watching Maria look so happy made the evening for me and those shoes ....boo boo ! why why why didn't they have them in my size ! they looked so sexy mate.

Karen and Maria you should be so proud of yourselves becuase you have created

what I believe will be a "Stayer" and looked back on with much affection in years to come. This venue is a MUST if you want to hear Quality soul.

I heard so many sounds that I didn't know and that sounded amazing to my ears . I see why you like Dave R playing for you , he has some fab records . I have never heard him play before , I will make sure I see him play again. I really liked the stuff he played .

Ady played a set too that I didn't know 99% all brilliant . One I liked in particular sounded like the Impressions or maybe Esquires ..I wish I had written it down.

Arthur well ... what can I say Awesome as usual .

But the prize goes to the Birthday girl . And I must say you excelled on the night mate , played the best set I have heard you play... Brilliant , you should be out there playing more up and down the country.

Hey what about that puddle at the end of the night outside ! It was like a lake !

Nige went for a swim in it earlier you know.

He was walking out to get the records and fell and got soaked so he had to change his clothes , stood in the car park half naked and Karen goes to shut the door to lock him out ! lol little did she know he was in this compremising position in the car park ... IT SHOULD BE SHUT SHE SAID ! LOL if only she knew ... he said it was like a Benny Hill sketch .. had me in stitches when he told me.

A special mention to Karen as well for the very warm welcome we received and for all the hard work you put in to make it a special night for Maria. Also a mention for the bar staff who I think coped really well to say how many people turned up.

Thank you so much for writing this - as she'd kill me if I dared.

At every night, Karen works harder than me (she's right though - I'm rubbish on the door), but enjoys every minute coz she's a real 'people person'. We spend hours on the phone organising details beforehand then reviewing after - and she was extra excited on yesterday's phone call ...because of all the new nice people she's now met and all the friends she spent time with. Actually, she always describes every Boomerang night as "just a party for me and my friends" :lol:

(Trying to get her to come up on stage when we say 'thanks' or post something on SS is something I'm still trying to do, so any help is appreciated :lol: )

The bar staff and the whole Canal Tavern staff are really great to work with. I even got a birthday present from the management and staff. Now that is something! :lol:

Karen did try and make the (external service) security man smile, but feels she failed there. However, she has wriggled his details off him and he WILL be on the mailing list from now on! :rolleyes:

I'll get round to more playlists and answer my PMs tonight ...after I open my pressies :lol:

m

ps. Carmen - I dropped a big blob of homous from my sandwich on my suit from laughing at your post. Get that playlist up girl!

He is going to kill me for telling you all lol , but it was so funny mate the car door was hiding his blushes from Karen.

Ok I shall put my little records up , all faves of mine . I am not pissing about with the label info , be assured my boots were on my feet :rolleyes:

The first two were especially for Maria as I know Maxine Brown figures very high on her most admired soul singers list . And the Masqueraders , well I recalled they made you cry at Presty bloody soft Ozzie bird.

Maxine Brown - Let me give you my loving

The Masquerades - I ain't gonna stop

Roy Smith - Very strong on you

The Hesitations - Go away

Honey & the Bees - Help me

Tommie Young - Hit & Run lover

The chosen few - Taking all the love

The Festivals - Checkin out

Peggy Gains - When the boy that you love - is loving you

June Conquest - What's this I see

Mixed Emotions - Am I imposing

Ruby Andrews - I got a bone to pick with you

Dee Dee Warwick - Do it with all your heart

Joe Hinton - Got you on my mind

Oscar Weathers - Just to prove I love you

Wales Wallace - Somebody I know

The Ceasars - La la I love you ( specially for Geoff )

Guest soulfiend

My first visit to the Canal Tavern but it definitely will not be the last. Without a doubt the best all round night I have had for ages, so many good tunes dropped, many of which I had never heard before, but what quality. I too am hoping for full playlists (Please) so I can try and track some down for myself. So the trip over the border from Lincoln was well worth it and would have been even had I have had to walk (not without a brolly though :thumbup: )

Cant wait for the next one in May.

Big thanks to the girls for promoting a great event.

Midge

It's all been said - a brilliant day/night - for me to last 9 whole hours is one for the record books. Maria was on the toppest of top forms, looked beautiful and performed an amazingly successful shuffle in those impossibly glamorous red shoes ! Arthur's shirt - he looked like a present waiting to be unwrapped :thumbsup: Superb sounds - Maria, your second set was total class, but all the DJ's were superb - all my favourites on one bill.

It's been a while since we've travelled past Birmingham for various reasons, and we had one of the best sessions we've had in a long time.

Thanks K & M - two of my favourite soulgirls. You've got a cracking event going there - hope we can make the next one.

Ali (& John) x

2nd trip to Boomerang for us, absolutely fantastic night.

Great venue, great music but the thing that really does it for me is the crowd and the atmosphere. You can feel the buzz as soon as you walk through the door.

Gutted we cant make the next one as otherwise engaged :lol:

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

2nd trip to Boomerang for us, absolutely fantastic night.

Great venue, great music but the thing that really does it for me is the crowd and the atmosphere. You can feel the buzz as soon as you walk through the door.

Gutted we cant make the next one as otherwise engaged :yes:

Keep up the good work :D

Funny how blooming good it was & how nice everyone was & how brilliant the atmosphere was, when Gail,Gary,Claire & I weren't there, it's a conspiracy, your not allowed to enjoy yourself's when were not there to keep an eye on you, even if it was Maria's birthday (Happy Birthday by the way) it's just to much, it's disgusting!!!!!!! :huh:

Take care, be safe & don't ever have to good a time without us again,

Spot. :lol:

p.s. You have been warned. :lol:

p.p.s. Lake District with Squire Rivers was lovely & it snowed on Monday morning, so there!!!! :ohmy:

S

Pretty sure thats it, no doubt something else will come back to me.

Thanks so much for this - top class as always :lol:

I think you missed one that you did announce as ? ? and the ?s.

I can never remember what this is, but once it starts - i can sing all the words.

(If you hum a few bars, I might think of some :huh: )

...yes, it's driving me bonkers

m

It's taken me hours to get home tonight, but luckily somebody else has been busy and I can get one playlist up

ADY POUNTAIN'S PLAYLISTS :thumbup:

Early doors and paaarty!!

Chosen Few - Wondering - Konduko

The Enchanters - Darling I Need You Now - CVS

Marvin Gaye - I'm Gonna Give You Respect

Ronnie Shannon - Sweet Games of Love - Black Gold

C# Sharp - My Turn To Shine - Rock-Candy

The Platters - Baby Baby - Mirasound Acetate

RDM Band - How Can I Get In Touch With You - Virtue

The Autographs - Loves's Gonna Do You In - Joker

Charles Allen - Winterman - Dash

Bobby Taylor - It Was A Good Time - Sunflower

Mel & Tim - It's Those Little Things That Count - JA Stax

Eddie Foster - Closer Together - Ocampo

The Right Combination - How Can Your Heart Be Free - SOH

Blue Steam - I Want A Girl - Catamount

Johnny Moore - Can't Live Without Your Love - Jadan

Rosco Robinson - Just Ask The Lonely - Gerri

Detriot Emeralds - Long Live The King - Westbound LP

The Chosen Few - Birth Of A Playboy - Maple LP

James Conwell - L-O-V-E - Guinness LP

Dee Dee Warwick - Where Is The Rainbow - Mercury LP

Jimmy Burns - Can't Get Over - Dispo 12"

Last Spot

Tony Fox - Love, Let Love and Be Loved - Blaster

Halo - Let Me Do It - Marshal

Bits and Pieces - Did I Scare You - Nasco

Patrinell Staten - Little Love Affair - Sepia

Barbara St Clair - Teacherman - Crosseyed Bear

Fir-Ya - Keep On Tryin' - Sta-Glow

Ice - Reality - Ice

Ruby Andrews - Just Loving You - Zodiac

The Natural Four - Hanging On To A Lie - Boola Boola

? - Trying To Hold Out - Kendun Recordings Acetate

Beres Hammond - Do This World A Favour - Joe Gibbs LP

Beres Hammond - Don't Wait Too Long - Arco LP

Brief Encounter - Sweet Tender Loving - Music Town LP

Jay W.McGee - I Love You (Over and Over) - Scorpio LP

(Latin Quarter)

David Coleman - Drown My Heart - Barry

Tony Middleton - Spanish Maiden - Full Speed

Robert Parker - Soul Sister - Nola

And to send them home

Pearl Dowdell - Its All Over -Saadia

It's taken me hours to get home tonight, but luckily somebody else has been busy and I can get one playlist up

ADY POUNTAIN'S PLAYLISTS thumbup.gif

Early doors and paaarty!!

Chosen Few - Wondering - Konduko

The Enchanters - Darling I Need You Now - CVS

Marvin Gaye - I'm Gonna Give You Respect

Ronnie Shannon - Sweet Games of Love - Black Gold

C# Sharp - My Turn To Shine - Rock-Candy

The Platters - Baby Baby - Mirasound Acetate

RDM Band - How Can I Get In Touch With You - Virtue

The Autographs - Loves's Gonna Do You In - Joker

Charles Allen - Winterman - Dash

Bobby Taylor - It Was A Good Time - Sunflower

Mel & Tim - It's Those Little Things That Count - JA Stax

Eddie Foster - Closer Together - Ocampo

The Right Combination - How Can Your Heart Be Free - SOH

Blue Steam - I Want A Girl - Catamount

Johnny Moore - Can't Live Without Your Love - Jadan

Rosco Robinson - Just Ask The Lonely - Gerri

Detriot Emeralds - Long Live The King - Westbound LP

The Chosen Few - Birth Of A Playboy - Maple LP

James Conwell - L-O-V-E - Guinness LP

Dee Dee Warwick - Where Is The Rainbow - Mercury LP

Jimmy Burns - Can't Get Over - Dispo 12"

Last Spot

Tony Fox - Love, Let Love and Be Loved - Blaster

Halo - Let Me Do It - Marshal

Bits and Pieces - Did I Scare You - Nasco

Patrinell Staten - Little Love Affair - Sepia

Barbara St Clair - Teacherman - Crosseyed Bear

Fir-Ya - Keep On Tryin' - Sta-Glow

Ice - Reality - Ice

Ruby Andrews - Just Loving You - Zodiac

The Natural Four - Hanging On To A Lie - Boola Boola

? - Trying To Hold Out - Kendun Recordings Acetate

Beres Hammond - Do This World A Favour - Joe Gibbs LP

Beres Hammond - Don't Wait Too Long - Arco LP

Brief Encounter - Sweet Tender Loving - Music Town LP

Jay W.McGee - I Love You (Over and Over) - Scorpio LP

(Latin Quarter)

David Coleman - Drown My Heart - Barry

Tony Middleton - Spanish Maiden - Full Speed

Robert Parker - Soul Sister - Nola

And to send them home

Pearl Dowdell - Its All Over -Saadia

DON'T THINK I MISSED A TUNE..JIGGING ABOUT THAT IS....ACE STUFF SIR !!!!!! EVERYONE WAS TOP...GONNA BE BACK FOR SURE !!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CPTN M & SANCHOS BANJO featuring Carlos '7-Day LOver ' VARGAS & THE VARGAS-ETTES!

Here's another couple of playlists:

These are from our regular guest DJ

ARTHUR FENN

Set 1

Barbara St Clair - Teacherman (Crosseyed Bear)

The Honey Bees - Let's Get Back Together (Garrison)

The Volumes - I've Never Been So In Love (Garu)

Eloise Laws - Love Factory (Music Merchant)

Minnie Jones and the Honey's - Shadow Of A Memory [alternate version] (Sunset Sound acetate)

Len Jewell - The Elevator Song (Pzazz)

Ruby - Feminine Ingenguity (Gold Token)

Garland Green - Come Through Me (Kent)

Connie Lavern - Can't Live Without You (GSF)

The Montclairs - "Hey You! Don't Fight It!" (Arch)

Set 2

Angela Davis & The Mighty Chevelles - My Love (Is So Strong) (Flaming Arrow)

The Antellects - Love Slave (Flodavieur)

The Nu-Rons - All Of My Life (Nu-Ron)

The Royal VII - It's An Explosion (Part 1) (Windmill)

The Celebrities - "I Choose You Baby" (Boss)

Marjorie Singleton - Never Let Go (Unissued C/U)

Jessie James - Are You Gonna Leave Me (Shirley)

Wee - Try Me (Owl)

Stormie Wynters - Life Saver (Mercury)

Johnny Rodgers with the Nu Tones - Make A Change (Amon)

Young Ladies - "I'm Tired Of Running Around" (Stang)

LaRom Baker - You're the Best Thing (The Record Company)

Herby Brown (with Randy Mather - Sax) - One More Broken Heart (Blue Ash)

Family Of Eve - Please Be Truthful (Jeree)

Douglas & Lonero - This Time (RCA Victor)

Seville - Show Me The Way (Kayo International)

Edited by Maria O

Had a great birthday thanks Col - and it was great to be able to combine it with a Boom night.

Here's the last of the playlists - mine.

(Understandably beer.gif , there's one or two tracks that I don't remember playing, but seem to be shoved in the back with the others)

SET 1

Curtis Liggins - "What It Is?" (Kaycee-Soul)

Betty Lloyd - I'm Catching On (BSC)

Minnie Jones and the Minuettes - Shadow Of A Memory (Sugar)

The 21st Century - Shadow Of A Memory (Noel)

Esther Grant - Here I Am (Unissued Unknown)

Eula Cooper - Try (Tragar)

Alice Clark - Don't You Care (Mainstream LP)

The Precious Three - I Need A Man (Ref-O-Ree)

Almeta Lattimore - These Memories (Mainstream)

SET 2

Psychodelic Frankie - Putting You Out Of My Life (Hi-Speed)

James Phelps - The Look On Your Face (Apache)

Out Of Sights - For The Rest Of My Life (Saru)

Jerry Williams - You're Just An Ordinary Girl (as C/U by others)

Betty Wilson and The 4 Bars - I'm Yours (Dayco)

Karmello Brooks - Tell Me, Baby (Milestone)

The Shadows - Time Is Running Out (Mercury)

Richard Caiton - I Like To Get Near You (Up Tight)

Towana & The Total Destruction - Wear Your Natural, Baby (Romark)

The Dynells - Call On Me (Vent)

The Checkmates Ltd - Kissin' Her and Crying For You (Capitol)

Ronnie Dyson - Fever (Columbia LP)

The Attractions - You Don't Know Boy (June Bug)

Marvelous Ray - Whirlpool (Abner)

The Rotations - (Put A Nickel On) D-9 [instrumental] (Frantic)

Bottom & Company - Gonna Find A True Love (Motown)

m

Guest peter burke

Nothing more to be said Maria, apart from in my haste to get Chris, Carlos, Chic & Jane over there I forgot your present and in her haste to shut Nige outside Karen forgot to give you your Birthday card! Will sort that out soon.

Anyway on a personal level although there have only been 5 nights so far, to me they don't half seem to come around fast, I don't know whether it's because of all the calls between you & Karen discussing the previous, then next event or our e-mails over flyers etc., but the time between each night just flies by.

Mind you the Boomerang intermissions are usually filled by trips out here and there and occasionaly even normal things.

On a stamp collector level I think a review of all the guest dj play lists over the 5 sessions to date would make very interesting reading, as unlike most spots played by some of these guys when playing other venues/niters, their playlists seem to be almost unique to this venue, each pulling something a little different out of the box. All makes for a fantastic night out.

Got plenty of excellent photos for the Boomerang site, including a couple of you with the Birthday cake, trademark pint of Guinness (with straw) in hand!

Must thank all the travellers who, despite all the bad weather warnings still turned out, but then again it was a special do!

There you go, one post a year enough?

Hate to be accused of bumping, whatever that may mean wink.gif

Love,

Pete (& Karen) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps not mentioned any names as would obviously forget someone and I was very, very, drunk!

Before I forget...

I'm afraid that I'll have my head stuck in books during any spare time left this month, but will post a note up here when I put the photos up on the website early February.

Thanks again from both of us for coming along and please don't forget the next one is

SATURDAY 10th MAY

with special guest DJ's

KITCH --- ARTHUR FENN --- CLIFF STEELE

We'll see you soon

...at THE LIFELINE WEEKENDER thumbup.gif in just over a week

or

THE 3 GREYHOUNDS on 9th February [with a Skegness Beach Barbequed Boomerang flavour that night :unsure: ]

m

Guest peter burke

Well, what a time I had. Surrounded by a room full of friends old and new, all DJs giving their all, together with dancers, talkers and drinkers going for it BIG time, it has given Maria and I lots to talk about!

A note for Nige. Having read Carms description of your car park antics, I feel somewhat cheated of a great tale of my own personal flasher, if only I had been aware of the situation! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks to Maria, all guest DJs, Arthur and Pete but most of all to all of you who have shared our first year, its been fun and I look forward to making lots of new memories over the next.

See you all soon and if you are not onthe mailing list please feel free to join it.

KAREN xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Must thank all the travellers who, despite all the bad weather warnings still turned out, but then again it was a special do!

Hate to be accused of bumping, whatever that may mean :lol:

Jeez Mr Burke, thought you just used this board to harrass and abuse the underpriviledged within Society these days.

Hope you are well, afraid i was one of the travellers put of by the weather and the sheer stupidity of train networks at weekends at moment. Plan was to come over with Chuddy to surprise you and give you a big hug, to which you would say "get off you big soft Scotch Jesse" no doubt.

Glad to hear its all going well for you and the lovely Karen over at Thorne, will definitely get there to next one.

Won't see you over couple of next weekends as off on holiday, bit of a sore point given the timing, but no longer being the breadwinner I have to do what I am told! :)

Take care and see you both soon!

Jock x

Nothing more to be said Maria, apart from in my haste to get Chris, Carlos, Chic & Jane over there I forgot your present and in her haste to shut Nige outside Karen forgot to give you your Birthday card! Will sort that out soon.

Got plenty of excellent photos for the Boomerang site, including a couple of you with the Birthday cake, trademark pint of Guinness (with straw) in hand!

Hate to be accused of bumping, whatever that may mean :lol:

Love,

Pete (& Karen) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps not mentioned any names as would obviously forget someone and I was very, very, drunk!

Any excuse Pete, :g: Well its taken me most of the week to recover from the fantastic hospitality in both Waslin... and Thorpe. We have been looking forward to our 1st visit to Boomerang and although it took a year, it wont be that long before we are back. I liked the place a very friendly venue, lots of great friends new and old and I enjoyed every single record, superb music, I loved the "Fever" Maria played, I always ask my personal DJ "Play it again Sam!!!! :lol: Maria and Karen would you help me to plan my 40th Birthday Party?? :thumbup: Lots of luv

Edited by 7daylover
  • 4 weeks later...

Before I forget...

I'm afraid that I'll have my head stuck in books during any spare time left this month, but will post a note up here when I put the photos up on the website early February.

This website thing can be a real struggle at times, but the photos from the last night are finally > UP HERE <

Thank you again :thumbsup:

Karen and I hope to see you come back for the 10th May, with special guest djs KITCH and CLIFF STEELE joining regular guest ARTHUR FENN with myself.

m

Source Advert