• Views 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

ELEVEN DAYS TO GO:whistling: NOT THAT I'M COUNTING BUT CAN'T WAIT

TO SEE YOU ALL THERE,

YORK SOUL CLUB REGULARS IN THE RARE ROOM, PARTY TIME, CANT WAIT TO CATCH UP WITH ME OLD MATES JOHN N MAROLYN. (step in time guv)

SO HANDS UP WHO'S COMING?:lol:

ATB

TRACY & TONY

Unfortunately Marolyn can't make it now. She has a very sick horse and needs to stay here to give medicine & TLC. It's sad.

I'll be coming up though and if anyone is looking for a lift from Kent or points in between, give me a call on 07970 265194 asap. Better still if someone could share the driving. :yes:

I also have a nice big hotel room but I think I'd need to know someone pretty well to share.......... :thumbsup:

Best,

John.

Unfortunately Marolyn can't make it now. She has a very sick horse and needs to stay here to give medicine & TLC. It's sad.

I'll be coming up though and if anyone is looking for a lift from Kent or points in between, give me a call on 07970 265194 asap. Better still if someone could share the driving. :thumbsup:

I also have a nice big hotel room but I think I'd need to know someone pretty well to share.......... :yes:

Best,

John.

We'll send one of the donkeys John

see you therethumbsup.gif

Guest the dukester

Online ticket sales now closed,

Well just seen the weather forcast and its looking good for the weekend :yes:

ANY TIMES FOR THE DJ'S ROB, I HAVE PEOPLE E-MAILING ME???? FRIDAY AND STILL NO NOTICE??

Dukes

kinnel Martyn you put the mockers on it :thumbsup: i had just finished it on a spradsheet on my desktop and the fooker crashed :thumbsup: ill just put the times in a bag and do a lucky dip :yes:

Rob

I was joking about Saturday :lol:

Also got people getting in touch wanting to know what time it starts, can you get your wristbands early along with dj times?

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

We'll send one of the donkeys John

see you therethumbsup.gif

Rob can you send me a couple of donkeys for me and Diane !

I think they will be a more reliable ride than my car at the moment !

See you at Scarborough - Looks like its gonna be a great weekend and even the weather looks good !

Regards - Ray :yes:

Edited by Ray Copley

Just surfacing from what was a great weekender. Spent most of the weekend in the rare/underplayed room & what fun we had, does help going with gang of idiots as I never stopped laughing all weekend (is that aloud at soul "do" :lol:) Hats off to all dj's as there was some great sets played & can't remember hearing a record repeated, most bases covered musically in some way or other which was great to hear. Only down side to the weekend (besides the rain on Saturday) was having to leave early on Sunday night thereby probably missing another quality night.

So well done to all concerned & look forward to it happening again next year.

Cheers

Martyn & Lynn

Edited by hullsoul
Guest dazzzzler

Just surfacing from what was a great weekender. Spent most of the weekend in the rare/underplayed room & what fun we had, does help going with gang of idiots as I never stopped laughing all weekend (is that aloud at soul "do" :() Hats off to all dj's as there was some great sets played & can't remember hearing a record repeated, most bases covered musically in some way or other which was great to hear. Only down side to the weekend (besides the rain on Saturday) was having to leave early on Sunday night thereby probably missing another quality night.

So well done to all concerned & look forward to it happening again next year.

Cheers

Martyn & Lynn

think i enjoyed it ,:lol: cant remember much:wave: .

Back home from the fantastic Scarboro Weekender. A big thumbs up to everyone concerned. :hatsoff2:

My PA is having to type this as I am so exhausted from sitting watching all those energetic dancers, I have it on good authority that the floor was perfect.

Enjoyed the wide variety of music played. Organisation was very good, though I felt sorry for the ladies sitting outside in the cold foyer. Added bonus was the additional bars and catering facilities. The Sun Court Cafe deserved better use as it was an oasis of calm without getting wet.

Sadly had to leave before the end on Sunday night, old age catching us up lol, but had been there since 2.0pm, what time did it eventually finish?

The beauty of any Weekender is the chance to catch up with friends from around the country and it was good to see Pete and Susan after their wedding celebrations on Saturday, hope Susan is better soon.

John and PA Joyce (in need of new knees now)

Just surfaced from a long sleep after a late finish (packing up etc) and a long drive home at 2.30 in the morning. need a bit of time to defrag the grey matter .

Great to see so many sourcers either as supporting the venue some there in a dj capacity .so many thanks to you all . had a great time and a laugh with quality music bar none ( johnbarnsley yes it was fookin cold in the glass entrance room smokers in and out didnt help ). more later thumbsup.gif

Edited by Naughty Boy

Got back to York safe, sound and knackered today....:thumbup:

We have had such a Fantastic Weekend in the company of Awesome Friends who just made it such a Brilliant Weekender....:thumbup:

Thanks to everyone for the Cards, Balloons and Flowers and Special Thanks to all the ECSC & York Soul Club for the bottle of champagne, it went down like a dream, you all made our 30th Wedding Anniversary just perfect.:thumbup::hatsoff2::thumbup:

See you all next year....hatsoff2.gif

KTF.................... Bridgey & Linda....:no::D:thumbsup:

Edited by Bridgey
:hatsoff2:had a fantastic weekend the down side had to leave yesterday morning due to getting up at 4:20 this morning to travel to work i was goosed,spent most well all the time in the rare room shaking a leg in great company and laughing my socks off will be here at the next one thats for sure. promoters and d.j.s hatsoff2.gif my hat of to you great work .. atb regards johno

Fantastic Scarboro weekender, :hatsoff2: The place was buzzing, music right across the board, all the DJs did well hypocrite.gif excellent dance floor, nice to meet up with Carl piper, what a really nice chap, no doubt best dancer on the scene, and hes got some nice records aswell Nice to see little Steve, and his beautiful wife, congratulations to Pete and Susan (casper) on there wedding, nice to see you :no: I would well recommend Scarborough weekender next year, if you love music and your dancing that's the place to be, well done lads, top marks, Cheers Billy with two broken toe nails Lol

Edited by billywhizz

Fantastic Scarboro weekender, :hatsoff2: The place was buzzing, music right across the board, all the DJs did well hypocrite.gif excellent dance floor, nice to meet up with Carl piper, what a really nice chap, no doubt best dancer on the scene, and hes got some nice records aswell Nice to see little Steve, and his beautiful wife, congratulations to Pete and Susan (casper) on there wedding, nice to see you :D I would well recommend Scarborough weekender next year, if you love music and your dancing that's the place to be, well done lads, top marks, Cheers Billy with two broken toe nails Lol

HEY Billy nice to see you there, hope you did not do ya toes on that cobble street where ya digs were :no:

HEY Billy nice to see you there, hope you did not do ya toes on that cobble street where ya digs were :ohmy:

This was an absolutely fantastic weekend, really glad I took today off but now beginning to think it should have been the whole week.:huh:

Excellent company, brilliant music set in the beautiful backdrop of the North Yorkshire coast has made this a must do event, its already in the diary for next year.

Spent most of the time in the main room where all the DJ's played great sets, always enjoy spots by the two Robs but just got to give a special mention to Dukesys Saturday night session and 2 hours of Sunday afternoon magic by the Scottish boys....awesome!:thumbsup:

Was supposed to be going home on Sunday morning but decided to go into the main hall for an hour, which turned into 6 and a finale of the missus leading me out and Wicksey and Paul physically carrying me back in.:lol:

Roll on next year

Martin

Edited by Guest

Noooo,defiantly not i was onlt 10 minutes away from the venue, it took a hour and 3/4 to find it the first night, are you really a naughty boy Lol cheers, Billy.

bloody hell hour and 3/4 ya must have walked around the whole of scarboro including the north bay, on the other question i will leave you to work out bit like me asking you about whizz :thumbsup:

Ah well what a great weekend-although my knees were creaking by 1 am Sunday morning and I couldn't stand the pace for more than a couple of hours on the Sunday laugh.gif

Back off 12hours today. Had a good limp around the whole complex over the weekend and have plans for other rooms to add to the mix for the next eventthumbsup.gif. I didn't hear ANY moans which is great after all the hard work put into this event by Rob , Pat and Tony..

Superb main room and the DJs by enlarge stuck to their remit of "Totally Northern Soul".

Great to see a huge following from the North East & Scotland being well represented as well.

Sorry I missed Casper and Susan but will catch up in the very near future

really really enjoyed it

Rob

Just arrived back from what was a fantastic weekend, made all the more special that we were able to celebrate the 30th wedding anniversary of Bridgey & Linda on Sunday night. Congratulations you two. Looking forward to seeing you again in Jersey next February.

Congrats to the ECSC for another superb event every bit as good as Brid - bring on next year.

KTF

GreasyChipButty (& the Festival Inn Fitzsoulies - hastily written flag courtesy of a trip to the Scarboro Pound Shop on Sunday afternoon!:thumbsup: )

post-9197-076664800 1287434947_thumb.jpg

Guest Derek White

Never been to an organised weekender before, what have I been missing....

Spent most of the weekend in the rare room.

Super venue, fantastic people great tunes. tried the main room a few times that has to be one of the best dance floors in the country.

Must give a special thank you to Little Av, and Pete for looking after me the whole weekend, got to know you both a lot better and really loved your company. :thumbsup:

Big thanks to all for my prezzies, you know who you are.:ohmy:

Must remember to pack my crampons and bring some ropes, the next time Av suggests, "let's go exploring" lol :huh:

Thanks to all involved in putting this on.

Cheers,

Derek.

I had a great day out got there far to early 5.30pm thank god for Harry Ramsdens:lol: been 50 year since i was last in Scarborough aint changed a bit;) . thank god didnt get the sunburn i got on the last visit:( . From 8.00pm both rooms were really buzzing and the music played top rate. well done to Pat, Rob and Rob for the organisation and for inviting me. wish i had stayed for the sunday now. if any one enjoyed the set in the rare room it will be repeated at the Crofton this friday night(sorry for the plug probably killed it now). will post a play list later

Now back to normality after Scarborough weekender, got to say the venue was fantastic, well organised by Rob, Pat & Rob, well done you Reep what you sow lads, proud of you, its all hard slog organising these events as you well know, it was well turned out never heard one slur all weekend about the event, in all fairness how could they, choice of great music Djs in the rare and underplayed room, same in main hall, i personally had a ball, look ing forward to Bridlington next year and also Scarborough, well done everyone great weekend.

I had a great day out got there far to early 5.30pm thank god for Harry Ramsdens:lol: been 50 year since i was last in Scarborough aint changed a bit;) . thank god didnt get the sunburn i got on the last visit:( . From 8.00pm both rooms were really buzzing and the music played top rate. well done to Pat, Rob and Rob for the organisation and for inviting me. wish i had stayed for the sunday now. if any one enjoyed the set in the rare room it will be repeated at the Crofton this friday night(sorry for the plug probably killed it now). will post a play list later

Great to have you there Ted,

Rob

ps thanks for spinning Joe Mathews

Guest soulmaguk

Great to have you there Ted,

Rob

ps thanks for spinning Joe Mathews

I thought Ted played a real blinder in both rooms, the best for me was his recs the rare room as there seemed to be a fault with one of the decks upstairs for 20 minutes or so.

My friends from Cornwall who came for the weekend really had a good time. Also some feedback from the Scarborough crowd have said it to be the best Soul event so far here in Scarborough.

Keep On Keepin' On guys.

Jocko/Jock/John/George

we only came over late sunday afternoon cos of our wedding :) ... great venue... good sound system... nice to see so many friends attending ... Billy Wizz looking on form :thumbsup: top lad !

pete n' susan ktf xx

Sorry I missed you two on Sunday, as above you know the problem Pete-its bloody killing me again LOL Hope to be sorted real soon.

see you very soon

Rob

Also some feedback from the Scarborough crowd have said it to be the best Soul event so far here in Scarborough.

Keep On Keepin' On guys.

Jocko/Jock/John/George

Well Jock we'll have to see how it develops,sorting next year out already

glad they all approved and from a personal point of view it exceeded my expectations in many ways :thumbsup:

Edited by Naughty Boy

had a great time, played a few danced to more than a few, music spot on, the sound down stairs was tops thanks to tony and tracy ,who must have been knackered after the weekend.they put in so much work in the downstairs room. defo be back may try brid also if we are not on hols, well done to all, col

Had a great time this weekend, aided by great company and superb sounds in the Rare room all three days/nights. The sound system was spot on, and I was very impressed with the venue as a whole - can't be many weekenders with such a glorious setting, with the view across the south bay to the Grand Hotel and the castle:)

Top marks from me to Col Denham and the Pinches, who both did at least three sets over the weekend of real quality:hatsoff2:

Some tips for the future....... there were jocks arriving on Friday in both rooms with full DJ boxes still with no idea of when they were playing. It does help build the event when the schedule is available in advance, and is the right thing to do by the DJ's....

Also noticeable was the narrow geographical base - very much East Midlands/Yorks/Co Durham, with little evidence of travellers from further afield (with some noticeable exceptions!). 600 punters is a good start for first time out, but can take many, many more - I hope that any future events here aren't swallowed up by "Weekender wars", and that this can be a truly national event.

Last but not least, top marks for the spa lift weekend passes - saved a lot of very tired limbs!

Had a great time this weekend, aided by great company and superb sounds in the Rare room all three days/nights. The sound system was spot on, and I was very impressed with the venue as a whole - can't be many weekenders with such a glorious setting, with the view across the south bay to the Grand Hotel and the castle:)

Top marks from me to Col Denham and the Pinches, who both did at least three sets over the weekend of real quality:hatsoff2:

Some tips for the future....... there were jocks arriving on Friday in both rooms with full DJ boxes still with no idea of when they were playing. It does help build the event when the schedule is available in advance, and is the right thing to do by the DJ's....

Also noticeable was the narrow geographical base - very much East Midlands/Yorks/Co Durham, with little evidence of travellers from further afield (with some noticeable exceptions!). 600 punters is a good start for first time out, but can take many, many more - I hope that any future events here aren't swallowed up by "Weekender wars", and that this can be a truly national event.

Last but not least, top marks for the spa lift weekend passes - saved a lot of very tired limbs!

Hey Richard

thanks for your remarks however the vast majority of joc ks knew what they were doing having contacted us or vice versa, we also provided secure lockup for vinyl (the place has 24hr manned security) .

Dont forget the large scottish crowd and a good few from lancs too.

Yeh the weekend pass for the lift is a must for old limbs and it saved a great deal of money too !!! roll on next year

What a great weekend ,as Jock stated probably the best .Met up with plenty of old friends and new,and everyone seemed to really enjoy it.Spent alot of time in the Rare and Underplayed room,and thought the music played was a brilliant mix,special thanks to Tony who made us all welcome.

The Main room had a great dancefloor,and was buzzin all weekend,bring it on next year Tony.

Guest the dukester

Well done to all concerned with the first Scarborough Soul Weekender, Julie and Myself enjoyed every minute of it.............

well almost every minute........I had to wait 5 minutes for the bar to open on Saturday night as we arrived at 7.25pm!!! :yes::)laugh.gif

The weekender did exactly what it said on the tin

Great Music, Great people, Great place to live.

Nice to meet Duce (fe up theer) and great to catch up with Colin Denham......you still got it for me mate :D

Big up to Pat, The Robs, (Wicks and Wig) Tony and to Mick for the sound :thumbsup:

Roll on June and Brid Soul Spa.

Dukes and Julie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

had a great time, played a few danced to more than a few, music spot on, the sound down stairs was tops thanks to tony and tracy ,who must have been knackered after the weekend.they put in so much work in the downstairs room. defo be back may try brid also if we are not on hols, well done to all, col

Was a top weekend in Scarborough ,great location,perfect venue ....great music and top people :huh:

Well done to organisers for putting it on ,will see you all next yr which i suspect will be even better!

Just want to echo what everyone else has said, what a top weekender, really enjoyed myself :lol:

Cannot remember who played Sherri Taylor "He's the One Who Rings My Bell" forgotten how good it sounds and I ran to the dancefloor when it was played faster than Usain Bolt :thumbsup:

The majority of the time was spent in the rare and underplayed room, fantastic sounds played in there :)

Well done to the organisers for puttng such a fab weekender on and in such a lovely setting as Scarborough smile.gif

Suz

x

Another brilliant weekender, well worth the long drive - well done to all involved. Nice atmosphere, good venue and something to build on.

Good to see so many friends and make some new ones too. A privilege to be asked to DJ, especially in such illustrious company. Added my playlist to the thread

Very best to all,

John.

Guest bury masonic

Another brilliant weekender, well worth the long drive - well done to all involved. Nice atmosphere, good venue and something to build on.

Good to see so many friends and make some new ones too. A privilege to be asked to DJ, especially in such illustrious company. Added my playlist to the thread

Very best to all,

John.

I,ll second that John ,it was a fabulous weekend,we enjoyed every min of it!!

Nice to meet you and play the last hour out,double decking,wonderful!!! :huh:

Considering we have never met before it went down just right,playing off each other

Had a lot of nice comments saying how much they enjoyed the set!!!

See you next year at Bridlington,if not before

You never know might be double decking again!!! :(

Thanks Pat,Rob and Rob for inviting me to play it was a real privilege

See you all next year

Dereck ,Sheila,Ian & Rita

Bury Masonic Soul Club :thumbsup:

Do we have a date yet for next year's Scarborough Weekender as we want to book the accommodation again before it gets snapped up by someone else?

we are waiting on the Scarborough spa themselves to confirm one of the 3 dates available, there is a Bi-annual event (Every 2 years not twice a year LOL)

that takes place in October and we are trying to avoid other events clashing with us thumbsup.gif

Should have the date real soon...

Rob

Source Advert