Christmas Help For A Mate Of All Of Ours

Pete S

pete if i was you i"d draw a line under it now,what you have done is top notch mate and every one on here who has donated should feel a sense of well being. but people on here starting to question how much gos to johnny and how much gos to where ever is total crap. the initial thread was about helping johnny which is great and if you feel theres money left over for any charity ,do what ever you think is best,at the end of the day you raised this thread to help johnny. your a top geezerthumbup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 287
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Pete darling, retrieve those toys back into the pram, there's more money to come which I've PM'd you about and we need you to gather it as you have a unique place on this site, & the resources to administer the collection. No-one was intending to be funny with you, they were just clarifying a rumour. I for one think you're fab, and will stand you a whole bottle of Baileys PLUS a box of Toffifees when I next see you.

Lady Smug x

Social source share

It's impossible for a topic to run on this site without someone shit stirring isn't it, and I'm really gutted that it's come to this, I'm furious that what I said in a PM to someone has been used as FACT and for me this has left a bad taste in my mouth, Sian (especially) and Joan, why not come straight to me if you've got something to say or if you want to know something.

Pete, I'm so sorry, it wasn't my intension to slate your sterling work.

I just wanted to put over the fact that the more that is collected for JF, the better...please don't anyone stop now.

Must go back to my english class and write it better like wot I shud do...:wink:

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

Phew... I was sat here hoping that this incredible outpouring of trust and love would not end up as piece of coal...

Pete your integrity and willingness through this whole thing is outstanding and I applaud you and the rest of the people who were able to help and for those who had a ha'penny to spare and those who couldn't ...Well God Bless You biggrin.gif

Social source share

Johnnie Fingers without doubt one of the nicest, genuine and well respected guys on this earth who would do anything for anyone so what a lovely gesture to help the Big Man out. Well done Pete for starting this up.

You only have to read Johnny's posts to see what a decent fella he is. He gave me a lift to Lifeline a while back and wouldn't take any money for the lift so more than happy to donate now.

Fab gesture Pete, well done. :thumbsup:

Social source share

boxing.gifHi Soulsters can I make it clear that ROB has contacted myself regards his comment and he really did not mean it to cause anybody harm as it clearly had impacted me, And although he has apologised on this thread, I would like every one to except he really did not and would not intentionally cause malice, as Pete said it was a valid point that had in part already been done> It was the URGENCY of the issue that Pete FOCUSED on, and for one will always see Pete with a new view and not just a soul Brother as for the charity issue I feel again the comment was ill timed and as a Firm believer in charitable work Organisation like Cancer Research the RSPCA use at least 70% of there money not yours investing in stocks & shares and they also use the money to pay overpaid consultants wages? "I have never seen a poor DOCTOR" have you!! I think Pete should treat himself to a decent Christmas present for his sterling work and in the future "COUGH IF YOU WANNA GET OFF" hatsoff2.gifDAVE KILWORTH ...HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY READER:- the ED
Social source share

Pete well done, and thankyou for letting everyone who know's John know about the situation he is in. John has been so kind and generous to us and many others he needs to know that we want to give back something to him. I have just sent you £20 for him(oops l think l forgot to put fingers on the post), it's not alot and if l can send more in the next few days l will.

God bless you, it's a worthy cause. We both love the man to bit's and want to help him.

Sandi and Harpo.

P.s. it will come to you under my official name :Alexandra Milovsorov.

Social source share

Guest east rob

boxing.gifHi Soulsters can I make it clear that ROB has contacted myself regards his comment and he really did not mean it to cause anybody harm as it clearly had impacted me, And although he has apologised on this thread, I would like every one to except he really did not and would not intentionally cause malice, as Pete said it was a valid point that had in part already been done> It was the URGENCY of the issue that Pete FOCUSED on, and for one will always see Pete with a new view and not just a soul Brother as for the charity issue I feel again the comment was ill timed and as a Firm believer in charitable work Organisation like Cancer Research the RSPCA use at least 70% of there money not yours investing in stocks & shares and they also use the money to pay overpaid consultants wages? "I have never seen a poor DOCTOR" have you!! I think Pete should treat himself to a decent Christmas present for his sterling work and in the future "COUGH IF YOU WANNA GET OFF" hatsoff2.gifDAVE KILWORTH ...HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY READER:- the ED

cheers for that dave, & a happy new year to you x

atb,

rob

Edited by east rob
Social source share

Hi Joan, I've slept on it and you are 100% right, people are contributing for John not for anything else, but it was if it was being reported as fact that I was going to do that, and I wasn't. So I'm sorry if I overreacted. I'll put this on the forum too and announce that the fund is still open.

take care

pete

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Having read through the last few posts.

Can we all stay focused on the great idea this has been and continue to demonstrate that at times this site can be a force for good.

There but for the grace of god goes anyone of us.

Happy New Year to all

Dave

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

cheers for that dave, & a happy new year to you x

atb,

rob

I'd also like to publicly apologise to you Rob..

In my response to your thread, and as I said in my post, I preferred to treat your words without any malice or intent - a very legitimate comment, and most worthy of inclusion.

I obviously didn't follow that ethos 100% - if I had I would not have put that comment toward the end about you being 'out of order'.. If that is what I thought then I should have kept it as just that.. A private thought !!

I hope you accept my humble apology for that, and also hope I don't appear ungrateful for yours, and everyone else's, kind generosity.

Happy New Year !!

Fingers..

Social source share

Do u know..this is a perfect example of someone...e.g ...Johnny...who doesnt flinch when it comes to helping others...and not expecting anything from it,....that good folk do get good things happen to them when they least expect it...may not always feel like it when one constantly gives ..but somewhere down the line...the rewards are there...and i cant think of a more deserving man than Johnny....i really cant....Delxxxxx

Social source share

Guest east rob

I'd also like to publicly apologise to you Rob..

In my response to your thread, and as I said in my post, I preferred to treat your words without any malice or intent - a very legitimate comment, and most worthy of inclusion.

I obviously didn't follow that ethos 100% - if I had I would not have put that comment toward the end about you being 'out of order'.. If that is what I thought then I should have kept it as just that.. A private thought !!

I hope you accept my humble apology for that, and also hope I don't appear ungrateful for yours, and everyone else's, kind generosity

Happy New Year !!

Fingers..

no need john, have a good new year.

atb,

rob

Social source share

the only trouble with this thread is that people have chosen to justify why they have or have not donated .............just do one or the other ,.......... anon donations in future such threads with no other comments might be a good thing ????????......tick the no publicity box..........regards ezzie

Social source share

the only trouble with this thread is that people have chosen to justify why they have or have not donated .............just do one or the other ,.......... anon donations in future such threads with no other comments might be a good thing ????????......tick the no publicity box..........regards ezzie

90% of people who donated are known only to me though, also several of those said they did not want it made public that they had donated, so whereas I could have printed a roll call of everyone who donated, I doubt if anyone did it just to get their name up so I won't.

Social source share

Guest Catfish

Only just seen this thread! Money sent- albeit late, but, the bills need paying next month, too.

Johnny is a great bloke, friendly and happy and a great entertainer as a DJ, and happy to share his knowledge of tunes to enable a part-timer like me to go find and buy. I was outraged when I heard from him a couple of months back what his old business partners had done.

Don't know if it was this thread that did it, or something else, but this morning I had a nightmare that I got home one day and my house had GONE! It felt terrible.

Best of luck for 2010,

Michele x

PS Thanks for administering this, Pete.

Edited by Catfish
Social source share

Hi Joan, I've slept on it and you are 100% right, people are contributing for John not for anything else, but it was if it was being reported as fact that I was going to do that, and I wasn't. So I'm sorry if I overreacted. I'll put this on the forum too and announce that the fund is still open.

take care

pete

Think you should put an end time on the thing Pete; it could run and run and you've a life to lead too mate.

Easy enough for folk to contact / paypal fingers direct if they so wish once a final date for contributions via your good self has elapsed.

Good on yer thumbup.gif

Social source share

I think there's a big difference between giving a reason and justifying. I for one have loved reading everyone else's comments and the feelgood factor generated by those comments have been a major contribution to the success of the appeal.

Social source share

I think there's a big difference between giving a reason and justifying. I for one have loved reading everyone else's comments and the feelgood factor generated by those comments have been a major contribution to the success of the appeal.

thumbsup.gif I agree with that Mark.

Don't forget too, that these comments kept the thread in a prominent position and probably ensured that many were aware enough to contribute if they wished.

Social source share

Its really great to see people thinking about others in this selfish world we live in, there are a lot of lovely

souls out there and Johnny is just one of them ,life is about learning from mistakes we and others make

and helping others out by what we learn . Ive just been reading all the posts here at work and its made me

feel really positive for 2010 knowing that people like Pete Smith ect ect will go out and help people who are going through a rough time in there lifes .What goes around comes around.

I,m sure 2010 will bring happiness to some and sadness to others but hopefully Johnny & Family will see a change of fortune and through this site he has seen the love people have in their hearts for him and knowing that is a great feeling i,m sure..

Love, Peace & Happiness

Ian & Jane

xxx xxx

Social source share

Johnny my boy, you missed a shit game on Monday PMS :yes:

"FROM humiliation to heroism in 45 astonishing minutes. Those who left at half-time, alongside Exodus Geohaghon and Aaron Mclean, missed a historic Posh comeback which will linger long in the memory of both clubs.

Posh were 4-0 down to promotion-chasing Cardiff at the break and staring at a record home defeat, but instead the record they created was by gaining a point from such a deficit for the first time in the club's 75-year existence.

Substitute Josh Simpson's 93rd minute equaliser led to scenes of delight at one end of the pitch and despair at the other"

Social source share

90% of people who donated are known only to me though, also several of those said they did not want it made public that they had donated, so whereas I could have printed a roll call of everyone who donated, I doubt if anyone did it just to get their name up so I won't.

no worries pete .i think it all gets a bit emotive at time thats all,.............. a final total would be nice ,or just how john gets on on the 4th , whatever you an john deem appropriate, regards ezzie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert