Pete S

• Replies 287
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

As Harry said , wonderful idea Mr Smith thumbup.gif Johnny is such a lovely fella , and a great friend yes.gif WELLDONE Pete and merry xmas to you , D & sam & Grace xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

Similar story to Harry and Mace....

Couple of years ago Johnny was djing and played a record I hadn't heard before. When I asked him about it afterwards he told me it was The Hi Tensions - So Far Away.

Before he left he gave me the record.

This was the first time I'd met him and I was deeply touched by his generosity, so it does my heart good to see such a response for one of life's good guys..

Edited by Stevie
Social source share

Nice move Pete, I've just gone the route of donating for the record he gave me for nowt; so we're all happy and the silly sod's generosity has come back to help at a time of need.

Ady you know what, the number of people who've sent money and said "I remember he gave me so and so record for nothing" is incredible. And of course I've also had loads of people donate who've never even heard of him :lol:

only on the Northern scene!

Social source share

Right here is the paypal receipt for the first withdrawal, as soon as this clears it will be available:

Dear peter smith,

You asked us on 24 Dec 2009 to transfer 1,000.00 GBP from your PayPal account to your bank account. We are processing your request.

The transfer normally takes 2-3 business days.

The money should be in your bank account by 31 Dec 2009.

We will email you if any problems occur with your request.

Do you want to receive and withdraw larger amounts? Log in to your PayPal account to find out how. Click View Limits on your Account Overview page.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Social source share

Ady you know what, the number of people who've sent money and said "I remember he gave me so and so record for nothing" is incredible. And of course I've also had loads of people donate who've never even heard of him laugh.gif

only on the Northern scene!

I sent him money for the reverse reason, as he was kind enough to tell everyone what my Superlatives C/U wasrolleyes.gif , love him to bits and I hope all our efforts go some of the way to helping.

Dave

Social source share

Guest welshruss

Pete,

Will send you a 45 to sell..not much but it all helps.

Good man......and have the best chrizzy ever pal,think you deserve it after this........Russ & Welshsue.

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Just gone over £1000. Thanks again everyone. I still think he's gonna kill me.

:no:

Course he'll kill you Pete!:P

Funds sent from our household, not much but every little helps i sincerely hope. Johnny is without a doubt, the kindest, generous and selfless bloke i know. Do hope that we can help him out.

Well done Pete!:lol:

Social source share

That's a great story and it's obviously typical of the man and it's why I wanted to do this, and I don't know where he is today but Simsy suggested doing it weeks ago so credit to him too, I'll post a new total up soon, thanks guys and thanks everyone

p.s. can someone go to Tesco for me as I'm too busy doing this now!

This is fantastic Pete! We sent a contribution. So pleased this has come to fruition. :)

Social source share

Hi Pete, Paypal sent.

Johnny is one of the great guys on the scene. Have heard many stories about him going out of his way to help others. He would even personally deliver records if you lived local(ish) that you had brought from him.

It was also a pleasure to have him as our guest DJ a couple of months ago at 'The City'.

Thanks for bringing this up on this forum Pete.

Ray

Social source share

Pete, There are some superb people on this site, who disclaim credit for their thoughtfulness and sincerity, for which this world would be a much better place if multiplied! Credit to you for recognising John's plight, whom I hold in very high regard and without realising the seriousness of his personal situation to such degree! I hope that your kind request has sufficient effect and has the desired outcome, so have replied accordingly....Best wishes wilxy

Edited by wilxy
Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Tipped off what? The roof? Oh no, can it get any worse? :lol:

Sian got in touch with him & and just texted me his response!thumbup.gif He, his wife & daughter are reading as i type! Merry Christmas to The Fingers!:)

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Just heard from Rugby Soul Club, Johnny has been tipped off and will now not lose his home!:thumbup:

FAN-F---ING----TASTIC

SOUL SOURCE at CHRISTMAS-----------a lesson in humanity for all those selfish tw*ts out there,I for one am going to raise a large glass ---------------this has put a huge smile on my face-------and I don't know Fingers but from what I have read he is one of lifes good guys

Have a fabulous Christmas

Steve

Social source share

He's not angry with you Pete!:)

No I didn't really think he would be but I was worried about going behind his back and doing sommat like this but what the heck, 80 odd people contributing, some from Europe as well, he should read this and know NEVER to give up on anything cos there's people here who care and want to help. Let's face it - I didn't have much on this afternoon anyway laugh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert