Christmas Help For A Mate Of All Of Ours

Pete S

Guest proudlove

No I didn't really think he would be but I was worried about going behind his back and doing sommat like this but what the heck, 80 odd people contributing, some from Europe as well, he should read this and know NEVER to give up on anything cos there's people here who care and want to help. Let's face it - I didn't have much on this afternoon anyway :laugh:

You are too modest pal....................................

Social source share

• Replies 287
  • Views 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Which explains the need for the new dressing gown/slippers laugh.gif

Well done Pete, for bringing alive the true spirit of Christmas on Soul Source.

No not really Stevie, it was just referring to the time I got sent a mysterious parcel containing a dressing gown and slippers :)

Social source share

A final big push then, everyone!

A small act can make a BIG difference.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Too true Sean. I would imagine that keeping a roof over your head is just the start of it if things are really going wrong for you.

80 odd people have helped - there were 152 active on the site, and plenty more still on their way home from work or the pub.

Don't stop now!

Pete, I might add you to my "friends" list - just in case I'm ever in the shite!!! :tongue:

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

Too true Sean. I would imagine that keeping a roof over your head is just the start of it if things are really going wrong for you.

80 odd people have helped - there were 152 active on the site, and plenty more still on their way home from work or the pub.

Don't stop now!

Pete, I might add you to my "friends" list - just in case I'm ever in the shite!!! :tongue:

Anyone could have done this mate, I just decided to go ahead and do it!

Social source share

Don't stop now!

:laugh::laugh: ME TOO KEVIN .STAN HAS`NT WORKED FOR 2 MONTHS :D

Social source share

I've forgot how to use paypal so I'm gonna "pay for a pal" by debit card.

PM on way to you Pete with details and no need to send a receipt as my bank statement will suffice.

Although I've never chatted to Johnny personally, I've seen his ever smiley face out & about all over so if we can keep that little smile on his face its money well spent.

When Johnny does read this thread there's one burning question that I've got for him "when's the house party round at yours?" :laugh:

Merry Christmas everyone!!

lots & lots of love

Alison x

Social source share

well done every one hope its put a smile back on JFs face, nice to see everyone pulling together instead of bickering, i take my hat off to all of you :) only met JF once but reading between the lines he is a good egg, hope its not too little too late, respect to you all and a very happy christmas thumbup.gif

Social source share

Right I want you all to see this, I took credit card payments of:

the rest of the money on the receipt is for 2 records I sold.

So there's 130 to come off this receipt.

You've seen the receipt for the withdrawal of £1000 from my paypal account.

There is another £706 in my paypal account since the withdrawal of the first lot.

I want all of this completely open and in full public view because every penny of this is going to it's intended beneficiary and anyone who wants or needs to look at the accounts can do so.

There's also about £40 I've put in myself on behalf of other people who are sending it, there's a couple of records for me to sell which should net £80 so we really are looking at £2 grand now.

post-1893-12616843080658_thumb.jpg

Social source share

No not really Stevie, it was just referring to the time I got sent a mysterious parcel containing a dressing gown and slippers :laugh:

:laugh: ...and some poor fecker on death row got a record...:laugh:

Pete, I txt Johnny, he hadn't been on here since the early hours and thought he'd like to know how much he's respected and loved on the scene.

The text back was in true Fingers style...3 pages long...:laugh:

Social source share

Right I want you all to see this, I took credit card payments of:

the rest of the money on the receipt is for 2 records I sold.

So there's 130 to come off this receipt.

You've seen the receipt for the withdrawal of £1000 from my paypal account.

There is another £706 in my paypal account since the withdrawal of the first lot.

I want all of this completely open and in full public view because every penny of this is going to it's intended beneficiary and anyone who wants or needs to look at the accounts can do so.

There's also about £40 I've put in myself on behalf of other people who are sending it, there's a couple of records for me to sell which should net £80 so we really are looking at £2 grand now.

Pete i'm sure everyone on SS knows that every penny will go to JF without you having to keep posting the receipts

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

laugh.gif ...and some poor fecker on death row got a record...laugh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I'm sorry but I've just fell off me f'kin chair at that.

One of the funniest things I've read EVER

Social source share

Right I'm going to have to turn it in at 9 spend a couple of hours with Davina so I apologise for not responding to any PM's I may get til later or til tomorrow morning, can I just say once again, what a fantastic performance by Soul Source members, talk about all pulling together, give yourselves a round of applause, I'm treating myself to a Baileys now, chin chin :)

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

Right I'm going to have to turn it in at 9 spend a couple of hours with Davina so I apologise for not responding to any PM's I may get til later or til tomorrow morning, can I just say once again, what a fantastic performance by Soul Source members, talk about all pulling together, give yourselves a round of applause, I'm treating myself to a Baileys now, chin chin :)

put a whiskey in it i am yes.gif

Social source share

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm sorry but I've just fell off me f'kin chair at that.

One of the funniest things I've read EVER

I was sat watching the end of a film, when i heard di SCREAM with laughter, shouting "HAVE YOU READ THIS":thumbup: Great great achievment fellow soulsourcers, now this is more like the scene i know and love. As for you mr smith, watch for the new years honours list:thumbup::thumbup:

Social source share

Thought you might like to read this, someone who contributed, not sure whether from my mailing list or off soul source but it doesn't matter, he sent £20, never mind the bit about my gesture, what about HIS, sending money to someone he doesn't know, to help someone who doesn't know?

"Being in Atlanta, USA, I don't know Johnny or anyone actually, but a small donation to help another person get on their feet seems just like the spirit of Christmas. With your kind gesture, you've helped many of us feel a little better today. Thanks for doing that, Martin"

And there's been loads like that, including people apologising for only sending a fiver when they probably couldn't afford that.

I have thanked every single person individually via a reply to their paypal emails, I really mean it, thank you so much, what a great day it's been for the Northern Soul Scene, who says we can only bicker and bitch!

Social source share

Not too often this happens where I'm concerned, but I'm still just too overcome by emotion to put together the words I want to say to everyone on here.

Tomorrow I'll post the reply text I sent to Sian earlier today - I think it about sums it up, really..

But I did want to tell everybody myself, on here, - in a nutshell - my daughter (Charlie), my wife (Sue) and I can enjoy a good nights sleep tonight - and our Xmas - because you lot have ensured we will DEFINATELY, now, be able to keep our home !!! yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

THANK YOU SO VERY, VERY MUCH - EACH & EVERY ONE OF YOU..

For know, that's all I can manage..

Fingers

Social source share

It's safe as houses mate, honestly, plus my missus will shout at you if you phone at this time of night :-)

ooooppps sorry should of read this firstlaugh.gif

Social source share

Not too often this happens where I'm concerned, but I'm still just too overcome by emotion to put together the words I want to say to everyone on here.

Tomorrow I'll post the reply text I sent to Sian earlier today - I think it about sums it up, really..

But I did want to tell everybody myself, on here, - in a nutshell - my daughter (Charlie), my wife (Sue) and I can enjoy a good nights sleep tonight - and our Xmas - because you lot have ensured we will DEFINATELY, now, be able to keep our home !!! yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

Fingers

Oi, get off my thread! :)

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Fingers

Think you have been given a Soul Source hug mate----------Have a brilliant day

Steve and Carole

Social source share

Fingers

wub.gifwub.gif Your name should be Johnny L'oreal BECAUSE YOUR WORTH IT xxxxxxxx

Social source share

Guest matt tees

Thought you might like to read this, someone who contributed, not sure whether from my mailing list or off soul source but it doesn't matter, he sent £20, never mind the bit about my gesture, what about HIS, sending money to someone he doesn't know, to help someone who doesn't know?

"Being in Atlanta, USA, I don't know Johnny or anyone actually, but a small donation to help another person get on their feet seems just like the spirit of Christmas. With your kind gesture, you've helped many of us feel a little better today. Thanks for doing that, Martin"

And there's been loads like that, including people apologising for only sending a fiver when they probably couldn't afford that.

I have thanked every single person individually via a reply to their paypal emails, I really mean it, thank you so much, what a great day it's been for the Northern Soul Scene, who says we can only bicker and bitch!

What a great day's work Pete, well done mate have a big class of Baileys, in fact have Two glasses. This has made my day!! A superb gesture from soul-source and I am sure Johnny will be so touched by this response.

Social source share

Fingers

I think you've made us all feel good about ourselves.

Spend your day relaxing together - not with the keyboard. There's all of next year for that!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert