2010-06-11 Cleethorpes Weekender 2010

would have loved to see the wiggins brothers doing their thing at cleethorpes this year, dont get the chance to visit weekenders any more due to baby sitting the grandchildren on a regular basis. i'm wondering which weekender the members regard as the best, only been to cleethorpes myself and thought it was brilliant.

I know which one mine is Jim shhh.gif but dare i say on here sweatingbullets.gifwicked.gif

• Replies 88
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It was a great weekend, I really enjoyed my self.. only thing I did not do was hit the beach on Saturday as I normally like to...but he there is always next year...

I spent a today at a Health farm today in Tring in an effort to restore my self to working life, and kept bumping into Frank Bruno there... anyhow we got chatting and I told him about the weekend etc etc.. he was really enthusiastic, and was telling me about the funky house tracks he buys, he even did the Funky chicken in the corridor to the astonishment of a haggle of robe clad ladies.. great way to finish a brilliant weekend!!

Mal.C.thumbsup.gif

Edited by Mal.C.
Guest JIM BARRY

I know which one mine is Jim shhh.gif but dare i say on here sweatingbullets.gifwicked.gif

i don't see why not julie, i didn't post the thread for any bollitics, would just like to know what peoples tastes are regarding weekendersthumbsup.gif

would have loved to see the wiggins brothers doing their thing at cleethorpes this year, dont get the chance to visit weekenders any more due to baby sitting the grandchildren on a regular basis. i'm wondering which weekender the members regard as the best, only been to cleethorpes myself and thought it was brilliant.

maybe depends on what kind of weekend you want Jim, some have live acts and others just with djs... Some are in the summer and others out of season, some are in the UK and others in the sunshine in Spain, Italy plus Germany/ Ireland/ Switzerland etc etc etc....

The world is you lobster :lol:

Glad to see that Vincent Price and Dracula's bride got back ok after a 900 mile round trip :hatsoff2: .... Good to see you and hope we can catch up again sometime....

Thanks to our German soul brother and sister for the lift back, good to see our gerat countries in soul harmony :)

Who won the dance comp then???? soul quiz???? etc etc.....I did need some sleep and missed these cultural events :thumbup:

Finally found time to post a lookback on what was one of best weekends of my year.

My first time at Cleethorpes and it was simply fantastic.

Other than obviously thanking Ady for putting on a great event, i've gotta thank my mates for making it that bit better, had a reet laugh.

Great to see so many people down there who i knew and many who i'd not seen for a while (Colin & Ange, legends!!). Nice to meet some peeps for the first time too, The Attic boys who are top notch, plus many others.

Only ventured into the record cave twice and rather reluctantly managed to only look into 2 boxes!! Could've been there for hours.

Music wise i dont think i've heard a better concentration of tunes in one area over 3 days for a very long time (if ever).

Keith Money on Saturday, Butch on Friday (both main room), Arthur & Sam's spots in modern room and also a mention to Jocko and Marco in the room upstairs from about 6 o'clock on the Saturday - they played some absolutely belting tunes!! Have mentioned these peeps but everyone else who played was superb.

The live acts were awsome, simples.

Back next year??? Abso-feckin-lutely.

Azza

Hi all:

After 13 hours Madrid Cleethorpes, 16 hours Cleethorpes to Madrid, three hours delay in Gatwick and two days to recover still with idiot smile on my face.

Many thanks to Mr Croasdell, and all involved in THE WEEKENDER, it´s difficult to explain (and more with my english) how important is Cleethorpes for the spanish army, saturday evening speakin with Taffy, or sunday night with black Widd memories for live.

Too many names to metions, but of course special thanks to Dru & Luppers to carry with us.

THANKS guys.

David.

Well, I had a brilliant time, and in true South London Massive tradition, peaked slightly too soon on the Friday night, somewhere on the M180 approaching Scunthorpe I think. Spent most of my time in the modern room, was still on the dancefloor at 8am Saturday, but had major leg co-ordination failure by 6am Sunday morning. In fact little Matt from Melton Mowbray, we were commenting that our legs didn't appear to be our own - I think I've still got yours mate, and a Midlands panelbeater's pins aren't working so well for a Surrey housewife on Hanging Wednesday laugh.gif

Was fab to be weekending with so many of the Massive, doesn't happen too often that 10 of us are out together. Sincere apologies to our caravan mates Rob & Rose for all the mayhem. Great to see so many Cleethorpes faces old & new, but particularly the Bournemouth Babes & the Rugby crew.

Glad to see that Vincent Price and Dracula's bride got back ok after a 900 mile round trip rolleyes.gif .... Good to see you and hope we can catch up again sometime....

Steady Mr C! Think I looked more like Bride of Frankenstein by the time we got home laugh.gif Miss Lydia, I understand you were *ahem* unwell on Saturday evening after spending the afternoon in our caravan. I haven't felt a million dollars since getting home funnily enough, and I'm blaming it on the quality of the washing up by Adrian Lupton Esq. I'm sure those cocktail glasses were dirty wink.gif

Hi all:

After 13 hours Madrid Cleethorpes, 16 hours Cleethorpes to Madrid, three hours delay in Gatwick and two days to recover still with idiot smile on my face.

Many thanks to Mr Croasdell, and all involved in THE WEEKENDER, it´s difficult to explain (and more with my english) how important is Cleethorpes for the spanish army, saturday evening speakin with Taffy, or sunday night with black Widd memories for live.

Too many names to metions, but of course special thanks to Dru & Luppers to carry with us.

THANKS guys.

David.

Ahh, and thank goodness for you David and all the lovely Spanish to maintain the crumpet standards at Cleethorpes. It's the first time we've witnessed anyone being beaten with a Spanish carpet slipper, but you know how happy we are to join in with all your quaint European customs laugh.gif

Tee x

Lydia was fine Mrs Price, she was missing from action looking after a friend who was not feeling too well.. Maid Marian she is :lol:

David and the Spanish brigade are such a feature of Cleethorpes and one that always look forward to seeing hatsoff2.gif

Glad to see Azza and Maxwell have a great first Cleethorpes, look forward to you being regulars now :thumbsup:

Another great weekend was had, for the second year cut short through family commitments. Usual suspects in attendance providing some great company.

Had some interest in some of the things I played via PM/Facebook etc, so though I don't do this much now,here's some kind of playlist..............sure I played all of these but less sure of when!!

Friday 9:00-9:45 pm

Anthony Hamilton - So In Love With You

Princess Freesia - Gonna Be Alright

Deborah Bell - Close Your Eyes

Jeff Lorber Fusion feat. Irene B. - Sugar Free

Ashanti Munir - So Smooth (Remix Version)

Rene & Angela - I Love You More (Deadly Sins Edit)

Richard Earnshaw feat. Erik Dillard & Roy Ayers - In Time

Rob van de Wouw - Common Ground (MDCL Remix)

Al Olive - Slow Down (Vick Lavender's Sophisticado Master Soul Vocal Mix)

Friday 1:30-2:15 am

Marc Staggers - Can't Get Enough Of This Groove

Richard Alexander Davis - Back In Love

Mama's Gum - You Are The Music (DJ KOMORI Remix)

Christophe De Villa feat. Enois Scroggins - You Are My Girl

Danny Clark & Jay Benham feat. Dawn Tallman - Conqueror (Guy Robin Mix)

Black Coffee feat. Bucie - Superman

Al Mason - Some Good Lovin' (Touched Up With Love)

Teddy Pendergrass - You Can't Hide From Yourself (Dimitri From Paris Super Disco Blend)

Saturday 11:45 pm-12:30 am

Cool Million feat. Eugene Wilde - Back For More

Kim English - Simply Grateful (Back To Soul Mix)

Wahoo feat. Paul Randolph - Don't Take It Personal (Georg Levin Edit)

E-Smoove feat. Latanza Waters - Dj  vu (Original Vibe)

C&C Music Factory - Share The Beat Of Love

Mary J. Blige - Never Too Much

Jaheim - Ain't Leaving Without You

Joi Cardwell feat. GTO - Turn On The Music

Saturday 3:30 am-4:15 am

April Hill - The Search

Excellent Gentlemen - Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

Ivan Matias - Somebody Knows How You Feel

Tower Of Power - It Really Doesn't Matter

Drizabone - Brightest Star

Sunburst Band - Everyday

The Rockmelons feat. Doug Williams - Love's Gonna Bring You Home (Original Club Edit)

Shazz - Innerside (Universal Soul Mix)

Maysa Leak - The Bottle

Cheers,

Mark R

The six of us from Banbury had a cracking weekend - didn't want it to end. Spencer and Percy Wiggins, brillant! Great music played throughout the weekend. Always enjoy the Sunday afternoon spots. Got to say I thought Eddie Hubbard and Tom Howard's spot was great, but I would say that wouldn't I.wink.gif Great spots from the lads from Hinkley again, Colin and Adie. Heard some nice tunes being played in the Modern Room over the weekend as I popped in and out.

Nice to catch up with everyone again .

Charlie Mc

Another great weekend was had, for the second year cut short through family commitments. Usual suspects in attendance providing some great company.

Had some interest in some of the things I played via PM/Facebook etc, so though I don't do this much now,here's some kind of playlist..............sure I played all of these but less sure of when!!

Friday 9:00-9:45 pm

Anthony Hamilton - So In Love With You

Deborah Bell - Close Your Eyes

Jeff Lorber Fusion feat. Irene B. - Sugar Free

Ashanti Munir - So Smooth (Remix Version)

Rene & Angela - I Love You More (Deadly Sins Edit)

Rob van de Wouw - Common Ground (MDCL Remix)

Al Olive - Slow Down (Vick Lavender's Sophisticado Master Soul Vocal Mix)

Friday 1:30-2:15 am

Marc Staggers - Can't Get Enough Of This Groove

Richard Alexander Davis - Back In Love

Mama's Gum - You Are The Music (DJ KOMORI Remix)

Christophe De Villa feat. Enois Scroggins - You Are My Girl

Danny Clark & Jay Benham feat. Dawn Tallman - Conqueror (Guy Robin Mix)

Black Coffee feat. Bucie - Superman

Al Mason - Some Good Lovin' (Touched Up With Love)

Teddy Pendergrass - You Can't Hide From Yourself (Dimitri From Paris Super Disco Blend)

Saturday 11:45 pm-12:30 am

Cool Million feat. Eugene Wilde - Back For More

Kim English - Simply Grateful (Back To Soul Mix)

Wahoo feat. Paul Randolph - Don't Take It Personal (Georg Levin Edit)

E-Smoove feat. Latanza Waters - Dj  vu (Original Vibe)

C&C Music Factory - Share The Beat Of Love

Mary J. Blige - Never Too Much

Jaheim - Ain't Leaving Without You

Joi Cardwell feat. GTO - Turn On The Music

Saturday 3:30 am-4:15 am

April Hill - The Search

Excellent Gentlemen - Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

Ivan Matias - Somebody Knows How You Feel

Tower Of Power - It Really Doesn't Matter

Drizabone - Brightest Star

Sunburst Band - Everyday

The Rockmelons feat. Doug Williams - Love's Gonna Bring You Home (Original Club Edit)

Shazz - Innerside (Universal Soul Mix)

Maysa Leak - The Bottle

Cheers,

Mark R

hatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gif

Guest ang b

BIN IN A COMA ALL WEEK ONLY JUST COMING ROUND THIS WAS THE BEST WEEKENDER FOR ME FOR A LONG TIMEhypo.gif

laugh.gif you spent more time in that junk yard playing with steve me thinks john, ha ha

BIN IN A COMA ALL WEEK ONLY JUST COMING ROUND THIS WAS THE BEST WEEKENDER FOR ME FOR A LONG TIMEhypo.gif

I feel that I have to agree with Mr Weston on that Comment....................certainly the best Cleethorpes Weekender that I have been to for a while...... GREAT PEOPLE .... GREAT MEMORIES!

Been Fooked' all week though................first nite this week that I have seen 21:05...............yes.gif

NICE ONE Ady & Co.......

TOP MARKS!

Bully!

Lydia was fine Mrs Price, she was missing from action looking after a friend who was not feeling too well.. Maid Marian she is :ohmy:

David and the Spanish brigade are such a feature of Cleethorpes and one that always look forward to seeing :rolleyes:

Glad to see Azza and Maxwell have a great first Cleethorpes, look forward to you being regulars now :hatsoff2:

Steve Why have you a photo of me on Holiday with a Crucifix on as your Avatar........?laugh.gif

Bully wink.gif

After a slow start, for me, I finally found my mojo during the England game :ohmy: thanks to Mandy, Wendy,Tabs,Eddie,Rowena, Garry & the erm ..... horn !! .. blaady hell !! :wink::laugh: Sorry to those who were trying to watch the game :blush: but we got bored :sad: & were trying to lift the atmosphere & the England team.

Saturday night in the modern room was simply awesome :thumbup: so much so that I didnt catch much of the action in the other rooms :sad:

Who won the dance comp then???? soul quiz???? etc etc.....I did need some sleep and missed these cultural events :rolleyes:

Not sure who won the soul quiz Steve as I was too busy celebrating our win of the runners up trophy with Team "Care in the Community" thumbsup.gif If TCITC read this I'll find out which ones/one we got wrong. I'm sure it was the "How many bog rolls are used in the main room toilets over the weekend" We put 100 & the answer was 102 :angry::laugh: I dont think we got any of the soul questions wrong just the R-soul one wrong :laugh:

Sun night was full of the usual, fun, frolics, odd cheesy tune & tons of pxssin about :thumbup:

Another fab weekend for me at Cleethorpes so cheers to everyone there and Ady for another triumphant weekender thumbsup.gif

Till next time

Alison

xxxx

P.S. If Mick H reads this please remember who won the footie quiz on Fri afternoon whistling Yes !! It was Alison H with Blackburn :tongue:

P.P.S Gona try post some pics in the gallery now so watch this space, well watch that space, if you want to that is :D

Monday was dark. Tuesday was darker. Wednesday was darkest. Yesterday evening I thought I saw a chink of light, but it disappeared behind a cloud... into the darkness. Today may improve. But I'm not holding out any real hope. Maybe spirits could be lifted by England tonight.... And maybe not...

So... I'm writing this week off. Totally. And starting again. Sunday, say..... Perhaps.

Cleethorpes is ace. Word.

Cleethorpes aftermath is rubbish. Word.

Apparently I played some records. So in Mr. Randle stylee, for those who like playlists and that, I think these were they. Kind of....

Sat 12.30 - 1.15

DJ Meme feat Jacob - This Is How We Do it

Inner Life - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

DJ Spen / Robert Owens - No Greater Love

Sunburst Band - He Is

Shaun Escoffery - Days Like This

Black Coffee / Bucie - Superman

I'm sure there must have been more, but they don't spring to mind......

Sun 3.15 - 4.00

Club des Belugas - What Is Jazz

Ronnie Jordan - So What

Grover Washington - Sausalito

Maze - Twilight

Trus'me - Can We Pretend

Norman Connors - Take It To The Limit

Total Contrast - Takes A Little Time

Universal Robot Band - Barely Breaking Even

And maybe more...

Sun 11.00 til whenever it was

Me & that Sam bloke spinning all sorts of old singalong stuff that I can't remember....

Anyway... The Mighty Ady!... Our Hero! Take a bloody big bow. If I had flowers, I'd throw them your way.

Is it next year yet?....

Guest Bearsy

really glad everyone had a shite time at Cleggy :sad: cos it makes it easier for me to handle after missing it this year cos i fooked up on holdiay and flight times :rolleyes: see you all there next year thats for sure :yes:

Guest in town Mikey

I had a cracking weekend too. Then headed off to the Lake district to recover in some beautiful countyside.

Lost my voice and felt awful so ended up back at Mark's with Mark, Fiona and Karen fussing after me.

Its a hard life.

Cleethorpes was great as usual. Meeting old and new friends. Soul on tap, and even the footy couldnt ruin it.

For me upstairs on Saturday was best. Tef's room really captured a mood. It was great to see records being sold to enthusiastic listeners,as they were being played. Tef's conducting ensured the quality and turnover never relented. I would have gone up there more, but as has been stated. Even moving the pool table did little to create the dancefloor the tunes deserved.

If I had one wish, I would like to see what Tef had (And Steve Cato in previous years), incorporated into the main room on one of the nighters. For me Cleethorpes is musically best when there is a clear demarkation between the niter sets, and the Sunday party sets. Maybe of late, that line is more blurred?

Nothing wrong with a weekend long party of course.

Sorry if that sounds like a moan, it wasnt meant to be. thumbsup.gif

Would just like to add that I had the most fantastic time, the Wiggins brothers were brilliant and as mentioned before Spencer really pulled the punches.... Agree with the Tefs upstairs room being absolutely brilliant musically and shame that there was not enough floor to dance.. I missed out on quite a bit of the weekend ( the afternoon sessions and early evening sets ) due to having my treatments room up and running which was a huge success, Thanks Adythumbsup.gif Also a huge thankyou for playing "Magic Touch" for me... very fitting... I did not realise it was for me until someone pointed it out ( too busy talking... as usual !! ).

It was great to meet up with old and new friends.. too many to mention........ I also stopped over for a few days rest in my beloved Newcastle, met up with some more old friends and family... wonderful.

Looking forward to next year.....

Once again a big THANKYOU to Ady xx

Philly

Lookbacks.... :hatsoff2:

I'm still hear.. Must have been something they put in my drink....

I could do with the magic touch Philly....

please help me get out of this caravan....

Haha!! Looks like lack of sun Steve.... sure Lydia will open the door eventually :no: hope you are both well x

Edited by philly

Phew that was good!

Despite a lot of major problems we had a really great weekend with memorable performances from the Wiggins brothers and a truly stunning set of southern soul from Spencer in particular. He'd struggled a bit at rehearsals and gave me one of those blood running cold, moments when he said he didn't want to perform 'Let's Talk It Over'. That took some persuasion to get the set back on track I can tell you.

I was particularly proud of this show as we managed to include three out and out deep soul ballads as well as several mid tempo numbers that would not have been countenanced by some Northern audiences. I really think the Cleethorpes' audience is the most knowledgeable and open minded on the scene. i doubt if that show would have been half the success it was at any other weekender venues.

The main room DJs responded well to criticism that we had been drifting into an oldies and big old newies fest and made the main room a major success this year, it buzzed all the way through. Some drunken confusion with the DJ times was amicably settled too, everyone was in a great party mood. The Modern Room struggled on the Friday night but really rocked with a vengeance on the Saturday, I'll be conferring with people that know to make sure it's hot from the off next year.

With Charlie finished at college we are already starting to get 2011 sorted and the great news is that the Beachcomber are planning to increase their caravan supply substantially so we shouldn't have the great Thorpe Park migration that all the DJs and parties bore so well this time.

The sound in Tef's room should have been more substantial but part of the problem was it was so successful that the bodies soaked it all up. Next year there'll be a lot more speakers. Tef would like to thank all the DJs who spun such great records and all the people who visited the room. And Sharon, Dougie and Linda saved me from imploding with work and worry and made the whole weekend run perfectly.

Finally thanks to everyone who made Sunday night so special, it's the only time I get to properly relax and it made it all worthwhile seeing the sea of friendly happy, not to say ecstatic, faces all joining in our love of this fantastic music.

Ady

Phew that was good!

Despite a lot of major problems we had a really great weekend with memorable performances from the Wiggins brothers and a truly stunning set of southern soul from Spencer in particular. He'd struggled a bit at rehearsals and gave me one of those blood running cold, moments when he said he didn't want to perform 'Let's Talk It Over'. That took some persuasion to get the set back on track I can tell you.

I was particularly proud of this show as we managed to include three out and out deep soul ballads as well as several mid tempo numbers that would not have been countenanced by some Northern audiences. I really think the Cleethorpes' audience is the most knowledgeable and open minded on the scene. i doubt if that show would have been half the success it was at any other weekender venues.

The main room DJs responded well to criticism that we had been drifting into an oldies and big old newies fest and made the main room a major success this year, it buzzed all the way through. Some drunken confusion with the DJ times was amicably settled too, everyone was in a great party mood. The Modern Room struggled on the Friday night but really rocked with a vengeance on the Saturday, I'll be conferring with people that know to make sure it's hot from the off next year.

With Charlie finished at college we are already starting to get 2011 sorted and the great news is that the Beachcomber are planning to increase their caravan supply substantially so we shouldn't have the great Thorpe Park migration that all the DJs and parties bore so well this time.

The sound in Tef's room should have been more substantial but part of the problem was it was so successful that the bodies soaked it all up. Next year there'll be a lot more speakers. Tef would like to thank all the DJs who spun such great records and all the people who visited the room. And Sharon, Dougie and Linda saved me from imploding with work and worry and made the whole weekend run perfectly.

Finally thanks to everyone who made Sunday night so special, it's the only time I get to properly relax and it made it all worthwhile seeing the sea of friendly happy, not to say ecstatic, faces all joining in our love of this fantastic music.

Ady

A big thank you Ady:hatsoff2: , was my first time at Cleggy and right from the off on Fri night till Mon morning I had a great fun filled soulful time, will deffo be back next year.

Well done to all who helped to make this a memorable weekender :lol: .

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit

Only now is the dust settling. Once again Cleggers demonstrated how it could and should be done. 'Wiggins ovation' were the standout for me, knockout stuff Ady. Did not spend a great deal of time in the modern room at all this year, not sure why other than perhaps I just needed a good ol' stomp in t'other room, high quality stuff all the way in there, with sunday night (again) being the night for me with Ady and Mick giving it large (as I believe the youngsters say) missed California Montage this year tho'! Thanks to Paula ,Andy and Keith for putting up with my oppo and I talking total bollocks all weekend, as for the football well..?

TTFN

Jim

Guest karen b

Far too many people to mention that made this a truly memorable weekend.yes.gif

Thanks Ady and all the back room boys and girls.wave.gif

See you next year,

DID YOU READ THAT ADY????

That was our Booking.lolthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Love Karen xxxthumbsup.gif

Edited by karen b

Just wanted to post a late thank you for a superb weekender! Made a complete fool of myself on the Friday, I blame the bottle of whiskey (without anything to mix with) I had on the train up for that.. Apologies to everyone whose wife I chatted to.. :hypo: Anyway, very nice to meet each and every one of you!

A few tracks I played on Saturday afternoon alongside Alan from Scotland:

Shades of Blue - Happiness - Impact, Paul Peek - I'm Moving Uptown - Columbia, Three Degrees - Get Your Love Back - PIR UK

Embers - It Ain't Necessary - Bell, Lee Williams & Cymbals - Lost Love - Carnival

Thanks,

/Magnus

Just wanted to post a late thank you for a superb weekender! Made a complete fool of myself on the Friday, I blame the bottle of whiskey (without anything to mix with) I had on the train up for that.. Apologies to everyone whose wife I chatted to.. :lol: Anyway, very nice to meet each and every one of you!

A few tracks I played on Saturday afternoon alongside Alan from Scotland:

Shades of Blue - Happiness - Impact, Paul Peek - I'm Moving Uptown - Columbia, Three Degrees - Get Your Love Back - PIR UK

Embers - It Ain't Necessary - Bell, Lee Williams & Cymbals - Lost Love - Carnival

Thanks,

/Magnus

Hi Magnus

Don't worry

Olof has done the same in the past, peaking way too early.. :hypo: you carry on a fine family traditon... :(

Good to see you mate and hope to catch up soon...

steve

Guest mrs norman maine

Tef's conducting ensured the quality and turnover never relented.

He's not Wallace Hartley's relative for nothing!

Thanks to all for the organisation and huge amount of stress and hard work that goes into Cleggy. Dougie, Linda, Charlie and Ady, the fantastic Wiggins brothers and last but very definitely not least- the very wonderful Sharon, who always manages to keep a smile on her face, no matter how tough the going gets or how much gobbledygook we spout at her. I've no idea how she does it, the woman's a marvel.

Nice to see you Mikey. Apologies, but I think that the only words I uttered to you were a rather bewildered "Have you seen Gilly?" It was that kind of weekend: mad in a good way and not enough time to catch up with everyone.

Hope that there'll be a bigger dancefloor for Tef's room next year, or that a way is found to incorporate it into the main room for a while. I know that everyone tried their best to get that pool table completely out of the way, but it was not to be. The main room seemed a little different musically anyway this year, again in a good way.

Thanks again all.

Guest mrs norman maine

He's not Wallace Hartley's relative for nothing!

Oops, no intention to suggest that the weekender in any way resembles the Titanic, just a reference to Tef's being a conductor and W.H. being part of his family tree.

As we all know, Cleggy resembles a smooth, sleek, efficient cruise liner in the style of the Queen Mary.

With a bit of 'Carry on Cruising' thrown in for good measure. thumbsup.gif

Oops, no intention to suggest that the weekender in any way resembles the Titanic, just a reference to Tef's being a conductor and W.H. being part of his family tree.

As we all know, Cleggy resembles a smooth, sleek, efficient cruise liner in the style of the Queen Mary.

With a bit of 'Carry on Cruising' thrown in for good measure. thumbsup.gif

indeed..

Barbara Windsor with Red Hair maybe laugh.gif:thumbup:

There was plenty carry on cruising from Pete Wid, Big Ian and others... It was panto come early..

Source Advert