2011-06-10: Cleethorpes 6Ts Weekender

Teff has very kindly donated the Upstairs Room to Natalie on Saurday Night as it's a special birthday, so in addition to the usual mayhem, we'll be celebrating Nat's birthday with a top line up of DJs and other ne'er do wells with special needs to play by Royal Appointment including these fellahs...

Kitch

Andy Dyson

Mick H

Arthur Fenn

Tricky Trev

Marco

Chalky

Tony Smith

Me

Nicola

Teff

Chuddy

Andy Whitmore

Jock O'Connor

Colin Law

Amongst the celebrations, cake, and Hayley doing her bit for charideee there will no doubt be plenty of good tunes, and prizes for the team that can move the pool table, incurring the least amount of hernias....

Everyone's welcome, unless you've got grey shoes or scare easily.... :yes:

Fantastic line up for a fantastic lady.. :hatsoff2:

Don't worry though about any injuries... sure I will be able to sort you out on this....

post-5590-0-76934200-1307219949_thumb.jp

No treatment room this year as I missed too much of the fun.. but hopefully will have this with me just outside the venue..

Phyllis

• Replies 146
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

The line-up looks tops! Sandi from Crossroads, Mickey Moonshine, Dean Martin and Noel Edmonds.

In addition to the aforementioned esteemed names, Ady has added to the rosta, JUST SOUL (aka Sean Hampsey & Andy 'Tats' Taylor) to the Modern Room ensemble on Saturday night.

You can be assured of our usual blend of all kinds of everything Soulful for a couple of hours... sometime after the acts have appeared!

If you're a Just Soul regular, you'll know what to expect.

If you're not, well here's a grand opportunity to sample the qualideeeee and find out what we're up to!

Look forward to seeing you there.

:thumbsup:

Sean

6TS Weekenders

52, Burnmill Rd

Market Harborough

Leics

LE16 7JF

31/3/11

Dear Cleethorpes contender,

The 6TS Cleethorpes Northern & Modern Soul Weekender is proud to announce that our live acts for our 19th weekender on June 10th-12th 2011 will be Sandi Sheldon, Derek Martin and Noel McCoy.

I have been keen to see Sandi, who also sang under her real name Kendra Spotswood aka Kenni Woods, for many years. I missed her at her London performance at the Rocket some years ago and have regretted it ever since. Apart from her own records she was the lead singer on the Vonettes' stormer 'Touch My Heart', was the Charmaines (the name attributed to her acetate demo) on 'Standing In The Need Of Love' and was Van McCoy's right hand girl throughout his soul career. She will perform a tribute to Van's incredible career too.

Really looking forward to this

See you there.

Dave.

Derek Martin is a major soul act who has never visited the UK. From his first record, the original mod classic 'Daddy Rollin' Stone' to his 100 Club Sue favourite 'If You Go' and on through his Roulette years, when he cut records of the quality of 'Breakaway' and the beautiful ballad 'You'd Better Go', he has delivered stunning soul sounds that have been hugely appreciated in Europe. His oddball Stax/Tuba release 'Sly Girl' is a personal favourite with an irresistible beat and a clutch of recently (10 years ago!) discovered acetates from his mentor Teddy Randazzo's publishing company have included the brilliant 'Flashback', 'Baby What Changed Your Mind' and 'I Can't Take It No More'. He also sang several great early 70s tracks for Buttercup and All Platinum labels so it will be a matter of "What the hell do we leave out?"

Noel McCoy is a poorly kept music business secret, a young black Londoner with as soulful a voice as I've heard in years. He has been recording for a few years now and modern soul fans probably know him better than their 60s counterparts. I caught him at a recent London soul-dance gig where he entered the stage with much confidence and launched into a ballad. I thought that was too ambitious, but he had caught everyone's attention in seconds and had them in the palm of his hand by the finish. His next song was a terrific 60s styled stomper that also oozed soul and I was won over. He has worked with Ian Levine recently (as has Sandi of course) and is now working with new band New Street Adventure who have written a tribute to the 100 Club nighters among others. I thought it would be good to let him show the Cleethorpes crowd what he can do.

All the accommodation has gone as usual but we have plenty of weekend passes and Thorpe Park has caravans next door. Give them a call on 01472 813395 or try the tourist board for B&Bs 01472 323222.

Passes are £59 each or pay a £20 deposit to the above address. PayPal is OK to ady.croasdell@btinternet.com but it's £20.75 or £61 that way to cover their costs.

www.6ts.info for more details or email the above address or phone 0207 636 2622.

See you at the seaside

Ady & Charlie

Dunno whether this is the right place to post this, I'm Driving up from Wendover Nr Aylesbury Bucks on Friday, if there is anybody who's looking for a lift there, share on fuel and all that, get in touch.....

If your in London, Its over land from Marleybone to Aylesbury via Amersham, or to the end of the Metropolitan line, and two short stops over land from the adjacent platform, its easy..

Get in touch on here or via the below emails...

Cheers

Mal.C.thumbsup.gif

be quiet, be quiet, be quiet

I'm not coming and its not fair

though if anyone happens to be driving past on Saturday afternoon and wants to surprise me with a pass and a lift - I will gratefully accept :thumbsup:

you will have to excuse my rubbish hair and overall fatness though

'Kitch

Andy Dyson

Mick H

Arthur Fenn

Tricky Trev

Marco

Chalky

Tony Smith

Me

Nicola

Teff

Chuddy

Andy Whitmore

Jock O'Connor

Colin Law'

Flipping heck thats a heavy line up! Brilliant

I thought I'd said not to mention it... I'm bigger than you remember and I can do a mean forward roll...

Dunno whether this is the right place to post this, I'm Driving up from Wendover Nr Aylesbury Bucks on Friday, if there is anybody who's looking for a lift there, share on fuel and all that, get in touch.....

We've got space for a couple in our bus...leaving Rugby midday Friday and coming back early Monday morning, if anyone wants a lift.

Or Malc, if you don't get anyone to travel with, you could always hook up with us but I warn you, it's four women...:D

I'm not coming and its not fair

Missing you already...:lol:

I am pleased to announce that once again "Revive Therapies" will be available for treatments again this year, however, it will be a mobile service with limited appointments available... don't want to miss out on all the fun. :g:

So to avoid disappointment ring early .... appts are already being taken... I am sure the foot and leg massage will be a firm favourite after all the dancing..

A huge Thankyou to Ady, for once again giving me this opportunity to " heal our souls" ...thumbsup.gif

post-5590-0-43930100-1307477761_thumb.jp

Please be respectful to myself and the treatments, can I also ask that you don't make an appt unless you intend to keep it, as appointments are limited to a few hours per day.

Philly

I am pleased to announce that once again "Revive Therapies" will be available for treatments again this year, however, it will be a mobile service with limited appointments available... don't want to miss out on all the fun. no.gif

I hope by mobile that you will come to my caravan and not expect to be "doing" me at the side of the dance floor...:g:

Great news that you've decided to go ahead...will pm you now...thumbsup.gif

I hope by mobile that you will come to my caravan and not expect to be "doing" me at the side of the dance floor...laugh.gif

Great news that you've decided to go ahead...will pm you now...thumbsup.gif

Now that would be something to see...LOL

Got your message and have booked you in... think I might be fully booked by tomorrow at this rate.. see you at the seaside :g:

We've got space for a couple in our bus...leaving Rugby midday Friday and coming back early Monday morning, if anyone wants a lift.

Or Malc, if you don't get anyone to travel with, you could always hook up with us but I warn you, it's four women...laugh.gif

I'll keep it in mind, as long as I would not be made to drink Drink Diamond White.... I'm game beer.gif

Edited by Mal.C.

tickets sorted biggrin.gif

Mr Lastminute.com yet again Bearsy :D

The van is sorted on Thorpe Park following our eviction from the Beachcomber. Grazing space and extra carrots requested for Hercules thumbsup.gif

If the craic is half as good as the "I Need my Baby" @ 7am (Good Morning Vietnam style site broadcast) Weekend it will be a belter.

See ya both Friday.

Taff

Guest in town Mikey

Or Malc, if you don't get anyone to travel with, you could always hook up with us but I warn you, it's four women...laugh.gif

I'll keep it in mind, as long as I would not be made to drink Drink Diamond White.... I'm game beer.gif

Mal

Dont bring any of that Diamond White into our van.

Babycham is fine tho :D

Guest in town Mikey

I've got a couple of places i my car available, as well. Leaving Gloucester friday Morning, and hoping to beat Steve into the pub :D

Guest Bearsy

Mr Lastminute.com yet again Bearsy :yes:

The van is sorted on Thorpe Park following our eviction from the Beachcomber. Grazing space and extra carrots requested for Hercules :yes:

If the craic is half as good as the "I Need my Baby" @ 7am (Good Morning Vietnam style site broadcast) Weekend it will be a belter.

See ya both Friday.

Taff

i need my baby :thumbsup: quick hide there is the site security :thumbsup: got a feeling its gonna be a craic alright matey biggrin.gif will call you tomorrow night :thumbsup: shall i bring the kite with a 2` string :thumbup:

I am pleased to announce that once again "Revive Therapies" will be available for treatments again this year, however, it will be a mobile service with limited appointments available... don't want to miss out on all the fun. :yes:

So to avoid disappointment ring early .... appts are already being taken... I am sure the foot and leg massage will be a firm favourite after all the dancing..

A huge Thankyou to Ady, for once again giving me this opportunity to " heal our souls" ...:yes:

post-5590-0-43930100-1307477761_thumb.jp

Please be respectful to myself and the treatments, can I also ask that you don't make an appt unless you intend to keep it, as appointments are limited to a few hours per day.

Philly

Only one, half hour appt left for Saturday... 4 left for the Sunday ... either ring or PM to book . :thumbsup:

Philly

Well the sun is still shining over here at the mo! And the BBC weather forecast for friday has lost 'showers' from it's forecast ... And saturday has changed from 'heavy shower' to 'light shower'.... Hey it's all going in the right direction! :yes:

Anyway, bugger it. I'm still off in the pool whatever

Don't pay any attention to the BBC weather forecast Steve, never represents the weather you actually get, the reality is they don't know and they hate committing to saying anything for definite... especially after that fish bloke..

its gonna be SUN SUN SUN!!! and your all gonna have an absolute BLAST!! :) bring on you Friday People...!!!:lol:

mal.rolleyes.gif

Edited by Mal.C.

Thanks for the download...

A very full line up, gonna be like a dog with 3 dicks trying to get around these sessions in 3 rooms and still have time for the annual talking of shite back in the caravan...

Nick ( Danny Dyer ) Hackett and his new bride Hanna :lol: will be there after the honeymoon, look forward to catching up and sharing a glass of fizz with them both...

Its all good....

Come on Cleggy.... beer.gif:wicked::thumbup::rolleyes:

Guest Mrs Simsy

Packed, ready to go, just waiting for Johnny Weston, and then we are on the way :thumbup:

Trouble is John's not due for another 90 minutes, and he's always late :wicked:

I'm packed, Ian's not!:rolleyes:

Leaving in an hour! See y'all there!biggrin.gif

My new tee-shirt did not arrive but don't worry, it wont stop the fun proceedings :thumbup: Like Dave, I'm waiting on Lindsay who;s 'nearly' always late :wicked: Safe journey to all those travelling :rolleyes:

Source Advert