• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Love this topic but not the emidiscs!

So nice to see these one offs!

post-397-0-61389100-1336779680_thumb.jpg

I once came across a small clutch of Bell test presses including the Rosey Grier and Hal Miller OMOTF.

I wonder what they were used for?

:g:

Edited by Flynny
Social source share

I once came across a small clutch of Bell test presses including the Rosey Grier and Hal Miller OMOTF.

I wonder what they were used for?

:g:

It's the mystery that's make these so bloody fascinating!! Acetates also have a uniquie special beauty that I can't explain! :huh:

Social source share

i sold a couple of jobete 7" acetates a few years back,i wasnt keen on them then.i only got £200 each for them,seemed a bit cheap looking back now,

patrice holloway-for the love of mike.

lonely boy-female version of the eric mercury lonely girl,i forget her name now.

Social source share

Guest molly7989

i sold a couple of jobete 7" acetates a few years back,i wasnt keen on them then.i only got £200 each for them,seemed a bit cheap looking back now,

patrice holloway-for the love of mike.

lonely boy-female version of the eric mercury lonely girl,i forget her name now.

Thought there was only one copie of the brenda Holloway jobette acetate (autographed at Bretby by her) sold by Pete Lawry to Simon Hunt ( Sharmo 1 on here ) about 15 years ago i know sharmo's still got it so who had the one you sold ? what size plate was it ? any B side .Respect .molly .xx

Social source share

sold the two on ebay,probably 6 yr ago on ebay,both were 7 inch acetates and both single sided,the brenda holloway-lonely boy was beige with typed text and a big middle hole,where as the patrice acetate was a blue and white label with a small hole,again single sided,that acetate eas from a different company name.

Social source share

Thought there was only one copie of the brenda Holloway jobette acetate (autographed at Bretby by her) sold by Pete Lawry to Simon Hunt ( Sharmo 1 on here ) about 15 years ago i know sharmo's still got it so who had the one you sold ? what size plate was it ? any B side .Respect .molly .xx

theres at least two as I have one too. bought it six years ago after an allnighter in leipzig shortly before I went back to the hotel...a deal in a rush, which sometimes can proove the best ones. on looking back I must say I am quite happy I did that deal despite the vg at best condition. its not a jobete acetate but a motown 7inch acetate with the known look and feel to it, red and back typing.

Social source share

Sadly not near my scanner, but how about two weird ones.

I think I have the only acetate in existence of Van McCoy's guide vocal on I Get The Sweetest Feeling. April Blackwood 1967. Ironically, I got it from Rich Rosen in 1978 for $3!

When I worked at Magic in Leeds in the 90's, I bought a DJ's collection from the 60's and found a EMI disc of Shotgun Wedding- Roy C!!

Proud to say that You'll Always Be In Style- Ad Libs came from me. Who has it now?

Social source share

I think I have the only acetate in existence of Van McCoy's guide vocal on I Get The Sweetest Feeling. April Blackwood 1967. Ironically, I got it from Rich Rosen in 1978 for $3!

When I worked at Magic in Leeds in the 90's, I bought a DJ's collection from the 60's and found a EMI disc of Shotgun Wedding- Roy C!!

Hi Kev,

Quite an achievment getting a bargain off Rosen mate. The guy would skin a fart! :0)

Just while you mention Roy C, howabout this Rare issue.

Not an Acetate... but interesting...

Will put up a few UK Acetates in a mo.

Sean

post-4120-0-84214600-1344607180_thumb.jp

Social source share

Don't think I've ever offered these two up before:

• Dotte Cambridge aka Dorothy Moore unissued double-sider...both good Northern!
  • Larry Banks GWP file copy.

:hatsoff2:

post-9555-0-35547400-1344608192_thumb.jp

post-9555-0-50624300-1344608193_thumb.jp

Edited by Flynny
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!