Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

One of my 'really ' all time favourites - went to Soul Bowl one Saturday morning and got this for £6 which was nearly half my wages!

But worth it , also got 'Baby Don't You Weep' Edward Hamilton £7 . Them was the days eh!

HAROLD MELVIN - GET OUT - LANDA

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

One of my 'really ' all time favourites - went to Soul Bowl one Saturday morning and got this for £6 which was nearly half my wages!

But worth it , also got 'Baby Don't You Weep' Edward Hamilton £7 . Them was the days eh!

HAROLD MELVIN - GET OUT - LANDA

Always great to hear Get Out!

Nice One.

Mick

"One of my 'really ' all time favourites - went to Soul Bowl one Saturday morning and got this for £6 which was nearly half my wages!

HAROLD MELVIN - GET OUT - LANDA"

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

This morning's offering: I suspect this may be the same Billy Wells as the lead singer of The Crescents outings on Reserve, he also fronted a band on Mercedes records. This Tampa/Miami uptempo number's back beat may be a tad fast for some but I really like it. I've sold this over a dozen times but always end up buy another one.

Regards,

Dave

https://youtu.be/IDvlEbCN6_4

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Sonji Clay "I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's face"

Yet another classy version of this oft' recorded tune, One of those songs where I've yet to hear a bad version? (unless Mrs Miller ever recorded it? :D )

got another version here by Pat Thomas and the more than worthy flip to it too! used to think Pat's was the first take? but think Justine washington pre-dates it by a year? Justine's is credited to Norman Meade and Chip Taylor, where as Pat's is credited to Jerry Ragovoy and Chip used to wonder about this 'till I found out "Norman Meade" was a pen name of Jerry Ragovoy!

Pat Thomas "I Can't Wait Intil i See My baby's face"

https://youtu.be/z21ux5JFK7Y

Pat Thomas "The Long Long Night"

https://youtu.be/Tz0njs6BX10

steve

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Yet another classy version of this oft' recorded tune, One of those songs where I've yet to hear a bad version? (unless Mrs Miller ever recorded it? :D )

got another version here by Pat Thomas and the more than worthy flip to it too! used to think Pat's was the first take? but think Justine washington pre-dates it by a year? Justine's is credited to Norman Meade and Chip Taylor, where as Pat's is credited to Jerry Ragovoy and Chip used to wonder about this 'till I found out "Norman Meade" was a pen name of Jerry Ragovoy!

Pat Thomas "I Can't Wait Intil i See My baby's face"

Pat Thomas "The Long Long Night"

steve

It's a great song. Can't think of a poor version actually. Great male version by Spyder Turner too:

https://youtu.be/qZLbbMCLH_E

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi.... Not posted on this thread for a week or so! So thought i would try a little bit of modern, dont be put off if its not your taste, This one will blow you away, getting loads of plays now & the price has gone through the roof....... Atb . Baz.

MJ Wade - Gonna Ball Baby - Shockingly good tune - discovered by Mark Houghton (?) & played down sarf for years, there is also a 45, which is even harder than the 12. Good choice......

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Todays little double sider...

Lee Williams and the Cymbals "Lost Love" and the sublime "Peeping Thru The Windows"

..really into this side of late

steve

going back through bit, what a classy and unique double sider this one is, both songs are standouts!

Social source share

This morning's offering: I suspect this may be the same Billy Wells as the lead singer of The Crescents outings on Reserve, he also fronted a band on Mercedes records. This Tampa/Miami uptempo number's back beat may be a tad fast for some but I really like it. I've sold this over a dozen times but always end up buy another one.

Regards,

Dave

Dave

New to me & can't believe you've sold it once never more times,cracking dancer :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share