Pain ? Stafford Tune,please Help Identify

arnie j

evenin all,its a midtempo stafford tune,pain all he left me was just pain,til his return,my heart will only yearn,with a heart that cant wipe away this pain ???

i used to know cos i asked on here years ago,i will write title,artist down this time though,thanks in advance good people of soul source

jason

Social source share

sorry nige,only just noticed your post ! thanks for your reply bud,so this was the first version of this song ? linda queen being a later version ?

jason

Hey Jason

I need to thank you for asking, as had you never asked, I'd have never heard the Linda Queen version :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

B side is "Where can my baby be".

Mr Manship has one in stock at £200.

Steve

And is the same, but not as good, as old Dave Withers spin the Martells, if I remember rightly,

I didn't know the :Pain side was same as MC, must listen to them both tonight.

Social source share

I recall stumbling across the Mitty Collier version whilst the Linda Queen disc was a Stafford period spin. It was on a Craig Moerer list at $100, which was a lot more than most discs on that particular list and seemed a lot for a Mitty Collier Chess 45...there was the option of a stock or DJ copy. Took the punt and was delighted/shocked! I later included it on the, 'Sweeter Than The Day Before' LP/CD compilation to give it some more deserved exposure.

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Pete wash your ears out Linda Queen sounds nothing like the Martells, not sure where you got that. But 2 amazing records that blow the ass off what some of the funky pretenders champion, and then some. Particularly the Martells, when was that last played???

Social source share

I made the mistake of selling my Mitty Collier pretty cheap a while back. I only ever played it at low volume at work, then Martyn Bird spun it at York last year (pitched up I think, but not much) and it sounded tremendous on a big system.

.... regrets, Ive had a few.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!