Just Arrived In The Post (Or Just Bought)

Jim G

That's nice mate.

Peter

:wink:

I like it a lot, along with a couple of his other 45's.

A few other things arrived, 60's garage stuff.  Of these possibly J.H. + The Esquires on Mus-I-Col may have some interest to the blue-eyed soul fan, (this one arrived pressed massively off centre but plays through fine once it's been cued,) & a Harry Deal & the Galaxies EP on Lotus, which has a couple of good tracks.

Social source share

I like it a lot, along with a couple of his other 45's.

A few other things arrived, 60's garage stuff.  Of these possibly J.H. + The Esquires on Mus-I-Col may have some interest to the blue-eyed soul fan, (this one arrived pressed massively off centre but plays through fine once it's been cued,) & a Harry Deal & the Galaxies EP on Lotus, which has a couple of good tracks.

I don't know anything about the artist or the record - it's just one of those tunes, that, well, has that kind of something which you can't quite put a name to.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

After 37 years off the scene I'm playing catch up, however recent buys have included :-

Uptight - Supremes and Temptations (B Side of Why) First heard this at last Welly do and its a MUST HAVE track !!!!!

Beautiful Day (LP) Jackie Wilson

And that's it, there r more BUT I'm keeping QT about them

Edited by ZootSuit
Social source share

After 37 years off the scene I'm playing catch up, however recent buys have included :-

Uptight - Supremes and Temptations (B Side of Why) First heard this at last Welly do and its a MUST HAVE track !!!!!

Beautiful Day (LP) Jackie Wilson

And that's it, there r more BUT I'm keeping QT about them

Spoil sport!

:D

Peter

Social source share

Guest paul ledden

Not much recently but a few nice bits I've been waiting to buy at the right price........mission accomplished!

Sun - Just a Minute of Your Time - Capitol

Larry Marks - Looking Through the eyes of Love - Pala

Silky Hargraves -Hurt by Love - D-Town

Boss Four - Walkin' By - Rim

Boss Four....................nice one! :thumbsup: Edited by Paul1958
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Dee Dee Sharp - What Kind of Lady - Gamble Issue (clean as a whistle)

yaeh yeah played out oldie but great record and picked up at a snip imho so chuffed to nuts with it :thumbup:

Social source share

Spoil sport!

:D

Peter

Morning Peter, you probably have them but here goes :yes:  

I'm not built that way - Hesitations, Kapp

Moonlight, music and you - Laura Green, RCA Victor (Demo)

I don't want to  loose you - Jackie Wilson, Brunswick

I'm a fool I must love you - The Falcons, Big Wheel

Right in the middle- Bettye Lavette, Motown DJ copy

All oldies, BUT, been away a long time :sleep3:

Edited by ZootSuit
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Morning Peter, you probably have them but here goes :yes:  

I'm not built that way - Hesitations, Kapp

Moonlight, music and you - Laura Green, RCA Victor (Demo)

I don't want to  loose you - Jackie Wilson, Brunswick

I'm a fool I must love you - The Falcons, Big Wheel

Right in the middle- Bettye Lavette, Motown DJ copy

All oldies, BUT, been away a long time :sleep3:

Ay up mate

There's nowt wrong with them - oldies or not. I don't have many records left these days - theft, fire and an explosion along the way deleted many and I sold a lot too before I got seperated. I just pick up the odd one or two bits these days - mainly 70's and some albums. Bought a few 60's bits of late - mainly down/mid tempo stuff like Maxine Brown and the Freddie Hughes thing I posted - that sort of style. Also like newer stuff and have some 80's and 90's stuff kicking around too.

Anyway, good that your back - nice to have you around buddy.

Peter

Social source share

Guest welshruss

I tend not to buy much these days - but got these this week -

Gene Pitney - She,s A Heartbreaker - spanish CBS picture bag 45

Jackie Ross - Dynamite Lovin - chess wdj 45

and 1 LP - Groovy Baby - V/As - Direction

none expensive,just plenty of good time dancers....Cheers.

Social source share

1000+ 45's for $40 US in a little junk shop on the A20 between Erie, PA and Buffalo, NY. Walked in, grabbed a handful, saw a Wilson Pickett - Verve promo. Asked how much, make me an offer, $40 for the lot, OK, less than 5 minutes in and out!!

Just found a George Freeman - My Heart Tells Me So - Portrait.

Makes up for a full day of Tax Free shopping the day before at Grove City Outlet Malls, PA the day before.

Maybe 15 - 20 Soul 45's plus a few Garage and odds and ends that will end up on ebay but lots and lots and lots of pop.

Social source share

1000+ 45's for $40 US in a little junk shop on the A20 between Erie, PA and Buffalo, NY. Walked in, grabbed a handful, saw a Wilson Pickett - Verve promo. Asked how much, make me an offer, $40 for the lot, OK, less than 5 minutes in and out!!

Just found a George Freeman - My Heart Tells Me So - Portrait.

Makes up for a full day of Tax Free shopping the day before at Grove City Outlet Malls, PA the day before.

Maybe 15 - 20 Soul 45's plus a few Garage and odds and ends that will end up on ebay but lots and lots and lots of pop.

George cameron? result

Social source share

dorothy berry & jimmy norman - i`m in with you all the way - little star  b/day pressi

little carl carlton  - nothing no sweeter than love  golden world wdj  b/day pressi

john schroeder orchestra  - soul for sale  - piccadilly uk 

o.c smith  - baby i need your loving - uk cbs dj                                                                                                                                                                                                                         johan zachery  - down to earth - zack`s

machine - spooky's day off - polydor uk

dalton james & sutton - run baby  - national general [last week]

spencer wiggins  - he`s to old  - goldwax 

mitty collier  - i cant lose  - peachtree

laura lee  - to win your heart  - rictic

https://www.youtuhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiMQh3pn5bg                                                                                                                                                               be.com/watch?v=sE6TGcBjvdk

Edited by Gerry H
Social source share

Thought I'd got a nice bargain - a NM copy of Jon Lucien - Would You Believe In Me for $23 and then this arrived

post-8942-0-17511300-1373375694_thumb.jp

Probably left outside in the blazing sun at a UK or US airport - obviously not good weather for buying records

Social source share

post-26811-0-57972100-1373383367_thumb.j

Thought I'd got a nice bargain - a NM copy of Jon Lucien - Would You Believe In Me for $23 and then this arrived

attachicon.gifRecord.jpg

Probably left outside in the blazing sun at a UK or US airport - obviously not good weather for buying records

i sold a record on ebay couple of weeks ago it turned out to be a boot but i said in the description to do there homework anyway he complained to ebay an they gave him 

the decision that i was at fault so he got clever sent it back this is what i got but he didnt get tracking information ebay decided to give it to me THIS IS DODGY 

Social source share

Bought this yesterday.  Barbara Mason - Half a Love

I have to admit that I have just fallen in love with Barbara Mason! How good is this?

Peter

Been a big fan of this for a while Pete, records like this, and Jo Ann Garrett "One woman" are as good as Ella Woods, Ty Karim etc, but that naughty word "rare" will stop the likes of, having their day in the sun

Kev

Edited by kev cane
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

attachicon.gifrecord returnd.JPG

i sold a record on ebay couple of weeks ago it turned out to be a boot but i said in the description to do there homework anyway he complained to ebay an they gave him 

the decision that i was at fault so he got clever sent it back this is what i got but he didnt get tracking information ebay decided to give it to me THIS IS DODGY 

Not sure this is the correct place for that post matey. Apologies, if I have missed something.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I received a nice copy of this stunning piece of 70's soul music the other day. Give this mother some volume and move that ass - lets be having yer!

Freda Payne - We´ve Got To Find A Way Back To Love

Peter

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Guest posstot

attachicon.gifRecord.jpg

Be nice with some tassles stuck around the wavey edge for affect.

Social source share

Guest posstot

Two on the way....bought off ebay for about 50 notes each which doesn't seem too shabby (not demos though).... I feel a tingle....

(first one is the Embraceables)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9wXxct_PFlQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBFDFyRVMg4&feature=player_embedded

Nice Tunes.  Love the embracables and the Tears..Is that the flip?

Social source share

Digging through the $1 bin yesterday, nothing remarkable, probably got some of 'em already.....but a for a dollar, be rude not to :)

Ramsey Lewis Trio - The "In" Crowd (Argo)

Carl Carlton - Everlasting Love (ABC Backbeat)

Frederick Knight - I Wanna Play With You (Truth)

Black Ivory - What Goes Around (Comes Around) (Kwanza)

Social source share

did it not show in my post ? TONY MIDDLETON BOBBY MATOS return to spanish harlem

The youtube clip showed up buddy - but some people can't access youtube so it helps if you also type in the artist and the song. Everyone can see what you're posting then.

Peter

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!