For Sale C/u "they Are Hunting Me"

Guest navajojoe

Guest navajojoe

Hi!

I'm selling this C/U "They are hunting me"

I'm completely against cover ups but as it wasn't me who covered it up I think its fair if I sell it like this.

Price is 75 GBP + shipping from Spain (anyone who already has a copy or knows what this records go for on ebay will see this is a fair price)

Record is in VG+ condition with some minor scuffs at the beggining, I can provide soundclip.

Thanks for looking!

Social source share

I was thinking of covering this up...

Dx

I absolutely love this song, it's one that I can remember Tony Blackburn playing on his breakfast show while we were getting ready for school back in 1967, only after hear it and I'm 7 years old, back in our little council house on the Bull Meadow estate...

Social source share

Guest navajojoe

I don't like the record either but belive it or not i got a tons of messages from users asking for a soundclip and to see if the record was still available after it was already sold. To each his own.

Social source share

wants covering up with 6 ft of concrete ...................dreadful :(

OMG I pissed myself laughing reading that  :D

How can you not like a record with the line 'I can't face the animals'. We've all been there....

Ah, memories of Champion The Wonder Horse; The Littlest Hobo and of course the classic White horses have come flooding back to me! 

On subject of the C/U, I'm afraid it's a a huge pile of dreary dross and certainly not Northern or Soul in any shape or form, and I speak as a lover of Brit Soul!!!! Having said that I've seen similar dirge listed going for equally high prices, at least it will distract from the BBC debate raging elsewhere. 

Social source share

Next It will be White Horses by Jacky- How you can Have the gall to sell that on here for £75 I don't know but if Irma Routen is commanding £750 then its a steal - all you need is  a dealer or top DJ to say its ultra rare and the next best thing and Bobs your uncle! its gonna be £500 within the next 3 months! :yes: 

But in all honesty its worse than my pub singer record IMO

Big O you beat me to it re white horses

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

I absolutely love this song, it's one that I can remember Tony Blackburn playing on his breakfast show while we were getting ready for school back in 1967, only after hear it and I'm 7 years old, back in our little council house on the Bull Meadow estate...

He was also playing it in 72 and it was re-released, Iove it! 

I'm talking about "Grocer Jack" and not the record c/u which obviously is shit.

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

Guest navajojoe

Next It will be White Horses by Jacky- How you can Have the gall to sell that on here for £75 I don't know but if Irma Routen is commanding £750 then its a steal - all you need is  a dealer or top DJ to say its ultra rare and the next best thing and Bobs your uncle! its gonna be £500 within the next 3 months! :yes: 

But in all honesty its worse than my pub singer record IMO

Big O you beat me to it re white horses

Is it arrogant to sell this in here for that price?

This post is very estupid, the record is already sold and on its way to a new home, nothing to do with the type of music i collect but i thought this was the right place as there was actually plenty of users interested in the record.

Judge the music all you want but don't judge me as I was the first one who took the time to find out if this record sale belonged here and got a positive response from various users.

Social source share

Guest navajojoe

This was sold 4 days ago, i can't delete the post so i'm sorry if this still bothers some of you.
As I said before, I asked before i posted this to see if this was the right place and again as i said before there was users from this forum interested in the record so i see nothing bad done here...

Edited by navajojoe
Social source share

Was just replying but your reply disappeared while I was mid way through.

Was going to say - we all love soul records being sold on here - which is always very welcome.

Selling non-soul records - not in main sales probably -  but I guess that could be in general sales section with no probs.

We are all passionate about real soul music on here - so we get a bit shirty if we think something ain't soulful enough - like the item sold here above - but it's just because we love soul music. 

Hope this helps  :D

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Guest navajojoe

This record has nothing to do with soul music, there ain't no other section to sell records as the non-soul section is where people sell clothing and other stuff...
Although is not soul it seems to appeal some mod crowds and as I see different genre being sold in this forum...
Anyway, about the cover up, i hate covering records, i've never done it in my life and never will but as i said it wasen't covered by me so i thought it was the right thing to do...

Was just replying but your reply disappeared while I was mid way through.

Was going to say - we all love soul records being sold on here - which is always very welcome.

Selling non-soul records - not in main sales probably -  but I guess that could be in general sales section with no probs.

We are all passionate about real soul music on here - so we get a bit shirty if we think something ain't soulful enough - like the item sold here above - but it's just because we love soul music. 

Hope this helps  :D

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

This record has nothing to do with soul music, there ain't no other section to sell records as the non-soul section is where people sell clothing and other stuff...

Although is not soul it seems to appeal some mod crowds and as I see different genre being sold in this forum...

Anyway, about the cover up, i hate covering records, i've never done it in my life and never will but as i said it wasen't covered by me so i thought it was the right thing to do...

You do have a place to sell this - it is called General Sales & Wants.

Look at the forum headings and it says "General Sales and Wants" and the sub-title says "Non soul vinyl sales & wants"

OK  :D

Richard 
Social source share

Guest navajojoe

It's a ten pound record...I think its the b side of yellow petals.He also did Stop And You'll Become Aware...I've a copy for 500 quid as its covered up.

Should be a ten pound record but check popsike to see the prices it reaches on evilbay...

Maybe in uk you can find cheap copies but as long as i know this ain't a ten pound record...

Social source share

Guest navajojoe

You do have a place to sell this - it is called General Sales & Wants.

Look at the forum headings and it says "General Sales and Wants" and the sub-title says "Non soul vinyl sales & wants"

OK  :D

Richard 

Its already sold but next time ill use the "Non soul vinyl sales & wants" section.

Thanks

Social source share

Its already sold but next time ill use the "Non soul vinyl sales & wants" section.

Thanks

Don't let yourself be bullied, if you think it belongs in this sales section then you put it in this sales section, all you have to do is be prepared for a negative reaction against it and by the looks of it, yourself.

Yeah it's not very good but neither are loads of records sold on here. I'd like to see the next person selling George Lemons subjected to the same ridicule please.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest navajojoe

Don't let yourself be bullied, if you think it belongs in this sales section then you put it in this sales section, all you have to do is be prepared for a negative reaction against it and by the looks of it, yourself.

Yeah it's not very good but neither are loads of records sold on here. I'd like to see the next person selling George Lemons subjected to the same ridicule please.

Thanks, as i'm pretty new to this forum I didn't wanted to start an argument.

I know the record isn't very good but there's people who like it and i find some of the comments in here pretty insulting... As i've said a thousand times already I asked some forum memebers if this post belonged here and they gave me green light...

People can judge the record all they want but don't judge me as nothing wrong was done here

Social source share

Thanks, as i'm pretty new to this forum I didn't wanted to start an argument.

I know the record isn't very good but there's people who like it and i find some of the comments in here pretty insulting... As i've said a thousand times already I asked some forum memebers if this post belonged here and they gave me green light...

People can judge the record all they want but don't judge me as nothing wrong was done here

If it had been me, I'd have just locked the topic.  If it had been certain other sellers, nobody would have said a word.  Sorry you had such an uncomfortable welcome to Soul Source, I don't think anyone meant any harm, it just went a bit over the top.

Social source share