Whitby

I think you're a disgrace !!! Kirsty and many others on here only want answers and an apology!!!

Hopefully you'll be the one to move on .. to another soul site ... and before you ban me from all your nights too for having an opinion ... I don't attend them anyway - they don't float my boat at all!

I don't know how you can expect people to attend your venues in the future when after a fcuk up like this you haven't even got the decency to apologise to the many disgruntled punters who were very angry and upset!

Your avatar makes a laughing stock of you

Thanks for the comments. What does float your boat by the way? Venues with very few punters?

• Replies 263
  • Views 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the comments. What does float your boat by the way? Venues with very few punters?

Venues with "decent" and "nice" promoters actually

Doesn't matter what the numbers are so long as it's a good night ... who wants to be in a room of 500+ people when the promoter doesn't give a s...t about them

Venues with "decent" and "nice" promoters actually

Doesn't matter what the numbers are so long as it's a good night ... who wants to be in a room of 500+ people when the promoter doesn't give a s...t about them

That's why we pull big numbers, because I do care. Its just a bunch of silly twits who end up looking for something to complain about. Not suggesting you are one of course Mandy.

I can see how positive you are and how much respect you have for an organisation who have invested more hard earnt cash into Northern Soul than any other in history.

Best of luck.

That's why we pull big numbers, because I do care. Its just a bunch of silly twits who end up looking for something to complain about. Not suggesting you are one of course Mandy.

I can see how positive you are and how much respect you have for an organisation who have invested more hard earnt cash into Northern Soul than any other in history.

Best of luck.

Does this remind you of someone ?

post-5225-1152657113.jpg

an organisation who have invested more hard earnt cash into Northern Soul than any other in history.

Is this from a philanthropic point of view? Sort of like Henry Tate of Tate & Lyle fame?

Henry Tate is hardly a good example of a philanthropist his wealth made through exploitation on sugar cane plantations?

Derek

Cash seems to be what this is all about-----Kev Roberts runs his N soul empire as a business .Businesses by definition are there to MAKE MONEY

Seems to me Kev that its possible youve been caught out playing a bit of a numbers game.Selling extra tickets etc at big events is nothing new---it used to happen on the ravescene regularly.

People turn up on a Fri ---go home on Sat

Some turn up just for a sat---others stay all weekend----so extra tickets get sold to cover the comings and goings.This works fine until everybody turns up at the same time and nobody goes home.

Im not condoning the selling of forged tickets---but its still the .Iwristband thing that confuses me ---where did they all come from.

If they were forged then the explanation is easy----if not they must have been given out by your organisation----therefore you ,along with the forger must share some of the blame.

Im not knocking you for trying to make a sucess of your business----you take all the financial risk so you deserve any financial gain you can get.,but if as was stated earlier you did sell 2000 tickets ----then an apology would be the way to go here---not banning people just because they want an explanation

Cash seems to be what this is all about-----Kev Roberts runs his N soul empire as a business .Businesses by definition are there to MAKE MONEY

Seems to me Kev that its possible youve been caught out playing a bit of a numbers game.Selling extra tickets etc at big events is nothing new---it used to happen on the ravescene regularly.

Some turn up just for a sat---others stay all weekend----so extra tickets get sold to cover the comings and goings.This works fine until everybody turns up at the same time and nobody goes home.

Im not condoning the selling of forged tickets---but its still the .Iwristband thing that confuses me ---where did they all come from.

If they were forged then the explanation is easy----if not they must have been given out by your organisation----therefore you ,along with the forger must share some of the blame.

Im not knocking you for trying to make a sucess of your business----you take all the financial risk so you deserve any financial gain you can get.,but if as was stated earlier you did sell 2000 tickets ----then an apology would be the way to go here---not banning people just because they want an explanation

gotta to agree here 100% with everything said here,

but what makes things seem a whole lot more... WELL...at Prestatyn - mate of mine who was talking to bill snow , a geezer who knew my mate comes walking by hey got ma ticket for whiby, bill snow grabs it a tears it up , thats a forgery he says where did you get it, he points to the GOLDSOUL TABLE, according to form there had been two diif batches of tickets run off even then ,,,true or not ?

no questions have been answered on here they are always skirted round, where did the extra armbands come from, ???????????? maybe they fell out of on of those boxes of you be a promoter. Simply order our easy to build assembly kit. No experience necessary.

It's the wristband thing that's the bone of contention with me too...

Surely .... if you sell 1500 tickets ... which is, of course, the most you would sell Mr. Roberts... then you would have just 1500 wristbands to hand out on the door?

& once all the 1500 wristbands had been given out... and yet people were still continuing to turn up with tickets.... surely you would have realised there was something seriously wrong?

And by the sounds of things... wouldn't this have happened on the Friday night... going by the reports of how many was in there in the building that night....?

Unless of course there had been more than 1500 tickets sold by yourselves... and therefore more than 1500 wristbands to be handed out.... but of course ... that wouldn't be the case would it.....

I'm not doubting for one minute that there was someone there selling forged tickets... and believe me that is most definitely bang out of order.... but what a stroke of luck eh.... someone to put all the blame on... bet you couldn't believe your luck.

PS: Looking forward to reading pm...

Edited by jumpinjoan

Sorry mate carn't help you out on that and also I was gobbed smacked when the pm that Kev sent me, also theatened me with legal action for putting the email up !! :thumbsup:

You need to post this up I think so everyone can see just how running scared the man (i use the term losely) is. He said Kirsty was a disgrace to the soul scene ... my god ... his limits are endless aren't they :D

lets get one thing straight here kev

are you banning members of soul source from your events for views posted on here?

have had a copy of a pm passed on to to me

says you are attempting to ban members who have posted on here

from all goldsoul events for life and are also taking legal action against them

and that you be asking myself for emails of these people

is this true ?

Guest vinylvixen

Could someone who went to Whitby answer the following questions...

A) Did you have to hand in your ticket that was purchased in advance to get a wristband on the door at the venue? cool.gif Or did you get sent them in the post?

If it was A) then how could anyone know what the design of the wristbands were in advance of the event in order to forge them? Just curious. I try being nice....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Kirsty, you have my utmost respect for starting this thread on a member's forum and my sympathies are with you for being bullied which is complete out of order. You simply wanted to know a few simple facts. We still live in a democracy - don't we? Jo

Edited by vinylvixen

Could someone who went to Whitby answer the following questions...

A) Did you have to hand in your ticket that was purchased in advance to get a wristband on the door at the venue? cool.gif Or did you get sent them in the post?

If it was A) then how could anyone know what the design of the wristbands were in advance of the event in order to forge them? Just curious. I try being nice....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Kirsty, you have my utmost respect for starting this thread on a member's forum and my sympathies are with you for being bullied which is complete out of order. You simply wanted to know a few simple facts. We still live in a democracy - don't we? Jo

In reply to your answer, Jo, you handed your ticket in at the door & were then given your wristband. Thanks for your kind words & all the other lovely people who have pm'd me or phoned me. There are some really, really nice people on this site.

Kirstyx

In reply to your answer, Jo, you handed your ticket in at the door & were then given your wristband. Thanks for your kind words & all the other lovely people who have pm'd me or phoned me. There are some really, really nice people on this site.

Kirstyx

Funny thing Kirtsty

The guy arrested was not found to have any wristbands about his person as reported via the web Whitby Press

nb

Guest lagerlout

mr roberts kirsty is a great lass who supports events up and down the country,and find it hard to believe you are treating her and other people who were locked out for paying in advance for there tickets with p.ms of legal action and incitement.this will only make people more sceptical of what happened,all that was asked is you explain to them on the night and reinburse them.you will now find that no one will trust you or the events..so to stop it going any further just pay them back there money you greedy b*****d...

(1) put me down for a ban on every venue you may run in the future

(2) await the threat of legal action and stoke gangsters by p.m. blardy blar blar.

(3) my gangsters are bigger than your gangsters..

Guest realsoulfan

mr roberts kirsty is a great lass who supports events up and down the country,and find it hard to believe you are treating her and other people who were locked out for paying in advance for there tickets with p.ms of legal action and incitement.this will only make people more sceptical of what happened,all that was asked is you explain to them on the night and reinburse them.you will now find that no one will trust you or the events..so to stop it going any further just pay them back there money you greedy b*****d...

I think i'll join you on that 1 if that's how he treats people who have supported him for years he don't deserve any support :thumbsup:

have had a copy of a pm passed on to to me

says you are attempting to ban members who have posted on here

from all goldsoul events for life and are also taking legal action against them

and that you be asking myself for emails of these people

is this true ?

Mike,

This will be the last response on the matter as it appears a few are merely trying to distort the facts.

No one has been banned who is a member of this site. I feel Kirsty became a bit of a drama queen and unknowingly fuelled a few nutters to send us the most ridiculous emails.

She's obviously a sensitive and decent lady, but she ought to look at it from a hard working promoters position. The idiot who counterfeited up to 150 tickets almost caused serious injury....NOT the promoters.

For the record, we are in litigation against one character who is not a member of this forum. They chose to make the most hideous accusations without any facts and then circulated on the net. I'll be leaving no stone unturned with that one.

As for everyone else, for pete's sake CALM DOWN. Bill Snow, Myself and 100 plus disgruntled customers who were locked out for up to 2 hours plus 90 or so considerate Soul fans who decided to leave are the REAL victims.

Kirsty, you are very welcome at any of our events. Next time PM me privately first, allowing me the opportunity to give you real facts. You know full well that your decent inquisitive mind will be abused by fools who are looking to ride on your back, egging you on and then destroy anything that's any good in Northern Soul. And, if I owe you an apology...YOU HAVE IT. x

All the best to the hundreds of sensible folk who love what we do. We are inundated with requests for next year.

Again, it will either be on or off, that will be MY DECISION.If I choose to promote the event, any aggressive and abusive attendees who continue to be hostile, will not be allowed to buy passes for any amount of money.

You know there is a flip side to all this, as I have a fair few supporters wanting to get at the perpetrator with the forged tickets. I am discouraging them and actually protecting the scumbag. I'll carry on taking the blame no doubt.

Seriously, let's see one or two more Soul Sourcers promoting. I welcome it.

Edited by September 73
Guest the dukester

We were ripped for over £3,000

IF THE EVENT WAS A SELL OUT AT GOLDSOUL BEFORE THE EVENT......................

HOW COULD YOU BE £3000 OUT OF POCKET ?

Trust me, the abusive loud mouths who are questioning our integrity will not be getting into Whitby 07. Both Bill Snow and I have had enough of Mischief makers.

Mike,

This will be the last response on the matter as it appears a few are merely trying to distort the facts.

No one has been banned who is a member of this site. I feel Kirsty became a bit of a drama queen and unknowingly fuelled a few nutters to send us the most ridiculous emails.

She's obviously a sensitive and decent lady, but she ought to look at it from a hard working promoters position. The idiot who counterfeited up to 150 tickets almost caused serious injury....NOT the promoters.

For the record, we are in litigation against one character who is not a member of this forum. They chose to make the most hideous accusations without any facts and then circulated on the net. I'll be leaving no stone unturned with that one.

As for everyone else, for pete's sake CALM DOWN. Bill Snow, Myself and 100 plus disgruntled customers who were locked out for up to 2 hours plus 90 or so considerate Soul fans who decided to leave are the REAL victims.

Kirsty, you are very welcome at any of our events. Next time PM me privately first, allowing me the opportunity to give you real facts. You know full well that your decent inquisitive mind will be abused by fools who are looking to ride on your back, egging you on and then destroy anything that's any good in Northern Soul. And, if I owe you an apology...YOU HAVE IT. x

All the best to the hundreds of sensible folk who love what we do. We are inudated with requests for next year.

Again, it will either be on or off, that will be MY DECISION.If I choose to promote the event, any aggressive and abusive attendees who continue to be hostile, will not be allowed to buy passes for any amount of money.

You know there is a flip side to all this, as I have a fair few supporters wanting to get at the perpetrator with the forged tickets. I am discouraging them and actually protecting the scumbag. I'll carry on taking the blame no doubt.

:thumbsup::D:D

Guest nubes

Mike

time this has run its course before

some members lose their sense of responsibilities

and others there own path to recrimination

never been dont intend to

that way cant be bitten

Doug

:thumbsup::D

couldn't agree more, this is obviuously a very emotive issue which in time, the truth will out. A lot of things have been said in the heat of the moment, I can really see both sides of the argument here although I didn't agree with some of the responses but that's a different matter, really the truth will out eventually, be patient Delx

If the majority of people want to shut this thread, I am happy to go along with it.

If the majority of people want to keep it open, then I am happy to go along with that also.

I am happy to take the moderators advice.

I think that Steve is right about keeping the comments constructive.

Thanks once again for everyone's kind words.

Kirsty

Guest markmtfc

(2) await the threat of legal action and stoke gangsters by p.m. blardy blar blar.

(3) my gangsters are bigger than your gangsters..

Amen

Mike,

All the best to the hundreds of sensible folk who love what we do. We are inundated with requests for next year.

ARE WE SURE OF THAT.... you wish how would you like me to post the threatening email you sent out to the matter you mentioned above

Guest Adam G

I heard VIP radio had a listeners telephone pole about the whole ticket trouble at Whitby.Both listeners agreed with Kev though one did sign off with "and are you coming round for your tea son" and the other one with "was that alright dad" :-)

Read all of Kevs comments & one thing he has not said yet is sorry to all the people outside with wristbands.

I also think an apology should be made to Kirsty. She's one of the gooduns on here.

I appreciate that it was a terrible thing that happened through no fault of your own Kev but remember-

Being nice is incredibly easy.... try it.

.......and there lies the key to why he gets so much (instant) flack - he's got a great and long track record of NOT being nice - and seems to be oblivious of it ! The recent USA gig was blotted with f*** ups, now Whitby, there've been previous examples at earlier KR promotions, so YES, maybe he should pack it in - it's no great loss and somebody else would fill the void, hopefully somebody who is sincere, genuine and has a bit more cred. The Cleethorpes and Prestatyn week-enders, to name just a couple, don't seem to suffer from the same crap. Think about it.Denny

I heard VIP radio had a listeners telephone pole about the whole ticket trouble at Whitby.Both listeners agreed with Kev though one did sign off with "and are you coming round for your tea son" and the other one with "was that alright dad" :-)

:thumbsup::lol::lol:

I have to be careful what I say as I might be accused of having an agenda but as an observer from afar ( Canada ) I see Kev Roberts come on here regularly, he used to hijack posts in the venue section telling us how his event was the biggest, best DJ's, best venue etc etc.

I know he has contributed more to the scene than alot of people ( definately more than me ) but as a punter I have always paid my money and taken my chance

It seems that he has no real regard for the punter at the end of the day and Dennys points about Prestatyn, Cleethorpes etc running problem free could well be the motivation behind his efforts, to be bigger, better etc.

Just my thoughts.

By the way, I am as jealous as fcuk about all the weekenders, niters, soul nites you have over there now. I get grief about how 'er indoors hasnt had a dance for 7 years so am really looking forward to Orlando and the weekender.

Now's the time for a fair bit of reflection perhaps -afterall its all too easy to 'fire from the hip' in the heat of the momment in response to what was hopefully initially intended as a heathy debate .

• Unfortunally many appear not to be in pocession of the facts -which I suspect is difficult if the incident is subject to ongoing police inquiries and a possible prosecution of the 'forger' and (drug) dealer .
  • others were not even there and appear to be using the opportunity to vent their prejudices against this type of event and the promoter/s

I was at the event , as I have been for all the previous Whitby weekenders.Like the majority this event is the highlight of our northern soul calender , because we actually like the music policy (improved further this year by the addition of the 70s/crossover room), the wonderful venue and stunning location. It delivers what it advertises and represents remarkable value for money.

Promoting at this level is not for the feint hearted, its complex, demanding in the planning/ administration /organisation and is a hugh, risk based, up front financial commitment .

Managing the stakeholders requirements -police, licencing authority, council safety plans, public liability issues etc etc is daunting as we found out when promoting our YKSoul charity all dayer .

Hopefully many friendships and recognition of people's contribution to the many facets of northern soul won't be ruined over this one . Now's the time to move on -and I do hope Whitby will be back next year and if it is , I'm sure it will be better and stronger for the (unfortunate) experience.

It only says he was in posession of 36 tablets------by law i think that anything over 4 makes you a dealer -----in the real world we know that isnt the case

Does 36 condoms make you a rapist?

i didn`t get in on the sat nite, yet everyone who was stood outside had a band on. funny that 1. 300 with forged tickets and each with a band on. i smell a rat mr kev roberts. how do you get a refund thats what i wont to no.

Edited by gray

It only says he was in posession of 36 tablets------by law i think that anything over 4 makes you a dealer -----in the real world we know that isnt the case

Does 36 condoms make you a rapist?

Class C drugs ? :P , unless he chinned a copper in the station, he'll get a caution. And he'll walk on the forgery charges, imo, unless he pleads guilty, as through business experience (forensic accountancy is a very profitable line), the Police don't have the manpower, time or inclination to properly investigate crimes of this nature. Plus, the amounts lost, no loss surely unless refunds are given and unless its over £3000, its a non starter in my experience.

The guy only had £230 on him, its hardly Brinks Mat, (Not condoning it, trying to make a point) No real evidence unless he owns up. Can't see the tickets being enough on there own.

All IMO of course, although i do accept that 250 armed Old Bill, may knock me up early tomorrow, forcing me to shoot my brother while I am being beaten up. :huh:

I may never be allowed to eat at the Magpie Cafe again :huh::P:P

Class C drugs ? :huh: , unless he chinned a copper in the station, he'll get a caution. And he'll walk on the forgery charges, imo, unless he pleads guilty, as through business experience (forensic accountancy is a very profitable line), the Police don't have the manpower, time or inclination to properly investigate crimes of this nature. Plus, the amounts lost, no loss surely unless refunds are given and unless its over £3000, its a non starter in my experience.

The guy only had £230 on him, its hardly Brinks Mat, (Not condoning it, trying to make a point) No real evidence unless he owns up. Can't see the tickets being enough on there own.

All IMO of course, although i do accept that 250 armed Old Bill, may knock me up early tomorrow, forcing me to shoot my brother while I am being beaten up. :huh:

I may never be allowed to eat at the Magpie Cafe again :P:P:(

Sounds like me talking,the right amount of synasism,combined with the right amount of facts,and a tiny bit of bullshit,post-perfection :P

By the way, I am as jealous as fcuk about all the weekenders, niters, soul nites you have over there now. I get grief about how 'er indoors hasnt had a dance for 7 years so am really looking forward to Orlando and the weekender.

Kev,

Tell your good lady to bring her best dancin' shoes, get a good night's kip and plenty of sun tan lotion for recovering by the tropical pool, perfect recipe for a great weekend! :huh:

Looking forward to meeting you both.

Best,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Class C drugs ? :huh: , unless he chinned a copper in the station, he'll get a caution. And he'll walk on the forgery charges, imo, unless he pleads guilty, as through business experience (forensic accountancy is a very profitable line), the Police don't have the manpower, time or inclination to properly investigate crimes of this nature. Plus, the amounts lost, no loss surely unless refunds are given and unless its over £3000, its a non starter in my experience.

I may never be allowed to eat at the Magpie Cafe again :P:P:(

i reckon the same Steve...

he will do a walk .... wonder though if we ever get to here is side of this ..?? :P

Just curious. If it turns out the promoters sold more tickets than the venue & council allowed will they be prosecuted?

Not suggesting this happened at this event, just curious as i have been in several events where this has happened in the past. Wigan springs to mind.

Just curious. If it turns out the promoters sold more tickets than the venue & council allowed will they be prosecuted?

Not suggesting this happened at this event, just curious as i have been in several events where this has happened in the past. Wigan springs to mind.

yes JB

Funny/curious/weird, all people wanted to know , were more tickets sold than should have been not suggesting there were ????....... the big one where did all the extra armbands appear from being that the aresehole of a forger who ruined some folks weekend did not bring them along or suggested he did and none were found on his person only a few tickets as reported . and almost impossible/ impossible for another party to get them forged in less than a day, it begs the question where did they come from and not suggesting either where they did come from? and on the basis of wanting these question answered i believe some folks are being faced with litigation after receiving threatening emails )..... some very awkward questions are going to need to be answered just a further observation....in court no doubt , when a can of worms get opened sometimes more fishing gets done than needs to be and the can cannot be shut ( i know this from personal experiance a defendant in a case i have ongoing in the high court opened a can of worms and boy he wishs he had not now he'e my best witness). on the other side of the coin i have also heard in situation similar where folks have banded together and lodged counterclaims for all manner of things breach of contract etc .

what is it they say if you live in glass house you should not throw stones.

and its better to jaw jaw

just my opinion and not levelled or aimed at anyone in particular just a observation