Wigan 74 - Whats the track at 19:00 minutes please?

Go to solution Solved by Mike,

On 11/11/2022 at 00:32, Prophonics 2029 said:

🤣the start sounds like a different song, I wondering if Jeff Wayne ripped off an older song he heard for this. 

I’m almost reluctant to keep this going! 
however that’s definitely the promo 7 of Gordon’s Gin as it came out inc the slow intro. If you’re comparing to some of the YouTube clips available, they’re mostly the 80s  version.

IMB - as I’ve never said in my life… 😂

Social source share

There was a version of this about 1974/5 played by Bill Beard aka Billy Paul Dj at Tiff's Ashton think did Mr Ms once or twice. It was recorded at Ashton Cinema the Talking left in the centre, (its the real thing) pearl and dean gordens gin ad then laid down on Acetate there was only ever 5 copies done. not sure if i still have or threw it out as damaged. ..Yes it was Chalky🤣

Edited by Alexis Vanlee
Social source share

3 hours ago, Chalky said:

The gear was certainly good in them days 🙄  I'd need to be off my head to put up with crap like this

I collect theme tunes and I like it for that reason - alone.

From what I recall most people (admittedly off their rockers…) just looked it at as someone having a bit of laugh (including a few half hearted dancers who just kept their space on the floor for 2 minutes).  

It was  nowhere near taking off in any meaningful way and nobody expected it to.

My gang thought it was fun for a moment. No more, no more less. 

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

On 14/11/2022 at 14:57, Alexis Vanlee said:

There was a version of this about 1974/5 played by Bill Beard aka Billy Paul Dj at Tiff's Ashton think did Mr Ms once or twice. It was recorded at Ashton Cinema the Talking left in the centre, (its the real thing) pearl and dean gordens gin ad then laid down on Acetate there was only ever 5 copies done. not sure if i still have or threw it out as damaged. ..Yes it was Chalky🤣

Gordon's Gin advert was released in 1976 so I'm not sure what you could have heard. 😂

Social source share

Prophonics Think you might find Gordon's Gin advert 1970 with the right music never released on vinyl.. you lost 6 years because of the drugs. 🤣its Jeff Wayne version that was released in 1976 your thinking of its different. But am sure Bill Beard had it done and played it at wigan on a emi

Edited by Alexis Vanlee
name. reply added
Social source share

4 hours ago, Alexis Vanlee said:

Prophonics Think you might find Gordon's Gin advert 1970 with the right music never released on vinyl.. you lost 6 years because of the drugs. 🤣its Jeff Wayne version that was released in 1976 your thinking of its different. But am sure Bill Beard had it done and played it at wigan on a emi

I never touched drugs at Wigan.

I can only go off what I see 😂 I actually found a previous Soul Source thread that claimed it was Classical Gas. 

https://www.discogs.com/release/4610127-Jeff-Wayne-Music-The-Gordons-Gin-Theme

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

45 minutes ago, Prophonics 2029 said:

I never touched drugs at Wigan.

I can only go off what I see 😂 I actually found a previous Soul Source thread that claimed it was Classical Gas. 

https://www.discogs.com/release/4610127-Jeff-Wayne-Music-The-Gordons-Gin-Theme

Same claim was made in this thread a while back ... :lol:

Never ceases to amaze me why some people are still posting wrong answers to a question that was answered correctly ages ago ... the thread has even been tagged as answered thus ... :thumbsup:

I can't decide whether it's because they cannot read , cannot hear , cannot tell the time or are just too lazy to read the thread .... ?

Edited by Woodbutcher
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

On 16/11/2022 at 00:06, Woodbutcher said:

Same claim was made in this thread a while back ... :lol:

Never ceases to amaze me why some people are still posting wrong answers to a question that was answered correctly ages ago ... the thread has even been tagged as answered thus ... :thumbsup:

I can't decide whether it's because they cannot read , cannot hear , cannot tell the time or are just too lazy to read the thread .... ?

🙉🙈

Don't lose your hair (if you still have any) over a TV advert it's not with it. 😂 Check the facts. How can a recording released in 1979 be played at Wigan in 1974 , what's the next claim ? The Dr Who them was played in Mr Ms in 1973 🤭

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!