News: Philadelphia Record Labels: 45RPM Discography

Go to solution Solved by Brewerytownbeats,

On 18/07/2023 at 09:01, Brewerytownbeats said:

Source News/Article/Feature Highlight:

To date, the most complete discography of small (and not-so-small) independent Philadelphia Record labels.

View full article

As per my e-mail, as much as I'd love to subscribe to the publication I would prefer my copies of the Nurons 45's ordered a year and a half ago first.

Thanks

Steve

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Tommy1 said:

Did anyone ordering this book receive it? I paid for a copy over a month ago and no book yet. Not replying on my mail either. 

yes...like a fool i thought it can't be as bad as the Nu-Ron's fiasco. It's a book! It's in Print isnt it?

but having emailed them (20th Aug), this is what i got back

Hey now! How goes it. So we blew through 100 copies and need to link with the author to get more - he’s an odd fellow, but we are working on it! Thanks for writing. 

sometimes i'm thick and sometimes i'm stupid. on that day i was both

@Brewerytownbeats

Edited by Kenb
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

This looks to be a must have book.

To date, has anyone in the uk received an actual copy, so as they can offer up comments?. Hope its not a " if it looks to good to be true, it usually is " fiasco....with folk being ripped off for none existant product.

Only 300?, surely a limit such as that, cant be right either?, i mean...consider just how many people would be interested in something of this nature?.

Social source share

5 hours ago, Agentsmith said:

Only 300?, surely a limit such as that, cant be right either?, i mean...consider just how many people would be interested in something of this nature?.

Yes, I can believe that. Sadly printing costs have gone through the roof. No one wants to be left with unsold boxes of books and the market isn't massive for books like this. 

I hope you all get your copies and look forward to reading a review. 

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

And exactly where is the ambition, to bring this to a wider audience,? when publishing is limited to 300 copies. He probably reckoned that was sufficient to cover his overheads.

The hullabaloo to bring this to folks attention with the current narrative....and nobody can purchase it, because its already sold out!, why bother putting it out there ( or rather on here ) when the horse has already bolted?

So...we just werent fast or astute enough?

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Am surprised anyone took a chance on this after the Nurons ongoing fiasco.

2 hours ago, Steve G said:

Yes, I can believe that. Sadly printing costs have gone through the roof. No one wants to be left with unsold boxes of books and the market isn't massive for books like this. 

I hope you all get your copies and look forward to reading a review. 

Found a printer for your newest tome yet Steve

Derek

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, Djack said:

Am surprised anyone took a chance on this after the Nurons ongoing fiasco.

Found a printer for your newest tome yet Steve

Derek

Yes, I have, but none of them were cheap. I would say printing cost has nearly doubled in the last few years. It was a real eye opener talking to them all.  

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Chalky,

Are we referring to the guy who's advertising the ( Sold Out ) book or the previous incumbent of angst youve mentioned?

Only saw the thread yesterday and im seething there were only 300 copies and theyve gone quicker than hey presto....who the f... has snapped em all up??

Never mind all the logistics of cost, when you venture into something you must have an idea about how much interest it will create?

He's gone to the trouble of the painstaking research, then appears weighed how many he needs just to break even or make a little bit and cut everyone else loose in the lifeboat...

Its potentially one of the most important books for a good while, best seller maybe not, but theres deffo plenty more avid readers who want it in their collection.....bloody frustrating isnt the word here!!

I know one major record dealer who would take a copy of this

Edited by Agentsmith
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Agentsmith said:

Chalky,

Are we referring to the guy who's advertising the ( Sold Out ) book or the previous incumbent of angst youve mentioned?

Only saw the thread yesterday and im seething there were only 300 copies and theyve gone quicker than hey presto....who the f... has snapped em all up??

Never mind all the logistics of cost, when you venture into something you must have an idea about how much interest it will create?

He's gone to the trouble of the painstaking research, then appears weighed how many he needs just to break even or make a little bit and cut everyone else loose in the lifeboat...

Its potentially one of the most important books for a good while, best seller maybe not, but theres deffo plenty more avid readers who want it in their collection.....bloody frustrating isnt the word here!!

I know one major record dealer who would take a copy of this

Both. I ordered my copy back in July

Social source share

Well my half cry half rant tale on this 'promissing' book goes like so; I ordered and paid for 2 copies and only got 1 in the mailer to my recipient in the USA. Although the invoice in the mailer still stipulated 2 copies. Got a reply on 5th August that they will send me another book this coming week... Bump ! Nothing. Silence. Rather reckless or careless customer's regards.

Then to my second annoyed query one month later of the whereabouts of my second copy I got a reply not being able to re-up. Hang tight. 🙏 Now reading the above I get that if ever I'll see a second copy of the book might just be anytime between"never or even later". Communication with them is biased. Almost 'fishy'. Bad biz ! Although they don't 'look' like so.

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

1 hour ago, UGfind said:

This does not really help those who ordered from Brewerytown, but Funkadelphia Records is still selling copies on Ebay, so it looks like the press run is not completely sold out yet.

That is where I got mine. Sold 5 the other day and put another 5 up a couple of days ago. 

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

28 minutes ago, Dave Moore said:

Ordered the day is was plugged.  Nothing. Contacted and no replies.  Shocking customer service and should not be allowed to sell again on SS until all customers are sorted with previous purchases.  

Dave 

That is shocking Dave, but remembering the fiasco with the Nurons not entirely surprising. I would be very surprised if he sold the supposed 100 copies he had within a day. 

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

3 hours ago, Chalky said:

Seriously think @Brewerytownbeats should have his selling activities restricted on here until he gets his house in order.

1 hour ago, Dave Moore said:

Ordered the day is was plugged.  Nothing. Contacted and no replies.  Shocking customer service and should not be allowed to sell again on SS until all customers are sorted with previous purchases.  

Dave 

Bear in mind that this member is not selling via Soul Source, he is posting up news regarding releases and selling directly from his own site/store

While that may not seem a lot of difference at first, it does make things problematic when it comes to dealing with and taking action site wise in such matters like this

Have tried to contact this member via various means and now waiting response, I will not accept any further news release posts off this member till this matter is resolved with the member and site.

The member/store does have various social media outlets, do suggest that any member awaiting replies try posting on them for news

• Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Bear in mind that this member is not selling via Soul Source, he is posting up news regarding releases and selling directly from his own site/store

While that may not seem a lot of difference at first, it does make things problematic when it comes to dealing with and taking action site wise in such matters like this

Have tried to contact this member via various means and now waiting response, I will not accept any further news release posts off this member till this matter is resolved with the member and site.

The member/store does have various social media outlets, do suggest that any member awaiting replies try posting on them for news

I agree there is little you can do except stop him plugging his wares through here. I have emailed him via his website and still no response. 

2 hours ago, Dave Moore said:

Dave 

I was the same, ordered that day.  I did message him and question the postage which he said was good. 

Social source share

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Not the site's problem Mike as far as purchases are concerned for sure.  The right action though to refuse any further ads until resolved.

Dave  

Social source share

3 hours ago, Steve G said:

That is shocking Dave, but remembering the fiasco with the Nurons not entirely surprising. I would be very surprised if he sold the supposed 100 copies he had within a day. 

Well actually it is plausible. Like if as I suspect he privileged USA retailers first (to avoid direct issues with them as opposed to overseas individuals) and expect (that which is not a pro approach) to find a the best deal to press more copies once he'll see how the demand for it is coming to set a figure of how much to press up again... Fishy.

Social source share

14 minutes ago, Tlscapital said:

Well actually it is plausible. Like if as I suspect he privileged USA retailers first (to avoid direct issues with them as opposed to overseas individuals) and expect (that which is not a pro approach) to find a the best deal to press more copies once he'll see how the demand for it is coming to set a figure of how much to press up again... Fishy.

We are probably talking about two different things here. One the author who has obviously done an initial press run of 300. No problem with that, he is selling them on e-bay. And then there is the brewery town fella who claimed to have 100 copies for sale but never replied to people who ordered it from him on the very first day that he advertised them for sale.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Steve G said:

We are probably talking about two different things here. One the author who has obviously done an initial press run of 300. No problem with that, he is selling them on e-bay. And then there is the brewery town fella who claimed to have 100 copies for sale but never replied to people who ordered it from him on the very first day that he advertised them for sale.

Alright, thanks for that. Feel a bit 'thick' now. Anyway my bad then. Indeed so I thought wrong then that Brewery was involved in this project.

Thanks for clarifying that with me now. OK, so Max or Peter at Brewery could simply buy more from the author to supply the pre-paid orders then...

Making their case looking worse now. Also I did read a lot on the Nurons 45 mishaps on here. Brewery has serious business hazard habits IMO...

• Up vote 2
Social source share

30 minutes ago, Andy Rix said:

I emailed Brewery earlier .. got a quick reply sayng "Should be going out soon - just waiting to restock"

Andy

Yeah and a month ago they told me it will be shipped the following week...

What's their word's value ? Pfff ! Caught once lying then every other words...

With so many e-mails remaining unanswered like trying to sneak-out, unreliable.

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

1 minute ago, Chalky said:

I personally think he’s fcked up wi the postage.  I thought $7 was cheap but he said not. My guess is if he had any stock he’s shipped them locally and is waiting for the refund request.  Postage with Dave is £20. 

In which case I would have thought you either take it on the chin and eat the difference, or you issue refunds to those who's orders you cannot satisfy.  Radio silence is not a credible option. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Chalky said:

I personally think he’s fcked up wi the postage.  I thought $7 was cheap but he said not. My guess is if he had any stock he’s shipped them locally and is waiting for the refund request.  Postage with Dave is £20. 

Not sure about that. I thought $7 for post BUT my PayPal account /brewery invoice was more

Social source share

• Solution

Hey, everyone - thanks for writing in.  So here's the story with these. I had an initial order with Dave (the author) for 50 copies.. but they sold pretty quick.  I shipped them out as soon as I got them.  I decided to put up another 50 copies and well, those sold quick too (not as quick as the first round, but steady). In order to make shipments to the UK $7 I have to hit a quota of 30lbs in order for the 3rd party shipping company to accept my packages and getting a cheaper rate.  So, that took some time as the UK sales where brisk, but yet not enough to make that quota - Once I did hit the 30lbs quota (about 25 books / orders) I reached back out to Dave to get another few boxes - he was non-committal and somewhat unresponsive (he has recently lost a family member and then our own Philly legend Bobby Eli who Dave was very close with died right after) - so I decided to hold off a bit until he recovers from the loses - i have dealt with Dave who I highly respect for years now and know his quirkiness, his temperament and when to leave him alone.  I love the guy, but it's not always worth dealing with him.  So, after all that we have spoken recently and I will be getting the two remaining boxes I ordered from him this coming week.  Then all the orders will be shipped out.  Thanks for hanging in there.  If you need anything feel free to hit me at info@brewerytownbeats.com - Max

Social source share

On 05/09/2023 at 10:40, Tommy1 said:

Did anyone ordering this book receive it? I paid for a copy over a month ago and no book yet. Not replying on my mail either. 

Please see my response. Thank you

On 05/09/2023 at 12:55, Kenb said:

yes...like a fool i thought it can't be as bad as the Nu-Ron's fiasco. It's a book! It's in Print isnt it?

but having emailed them (20th Aug), this is what i got back

Hey now! How goes it. So we blew through 100 copies and need to link with the author to get more - he’s an odd fellow, but we are working on it! Thanks for writing. 

sometimes i'm thick and sometimes i'm stupid. on that day i was both

@Brewerytownbeats

Please see my response. Thank you

Social source share

On 06/09/2023 at 14:59, Soulman said:

Regarding the Nurons fiasco... I did get a reply saying they would look into it and to rest assured that the copies would be despatched. No further replies and certainly no 45's from them. I'd be wary about their exploits  

• We have to our knowledge sent out all Nu-ron's orders - not sure where your order would have ended up. Do you have a copy - we have been tryng to resolve this issue. Thank you
Social source share

On 07/09/2023 at 08:04, Chalky said:

This guy has been nothing but hassle for buyers the last couple of sales of his.  I know not everyone lives on the internet but you would think a business would answer messages and emails of which I have sent both.

When you run a small business by yourself, have two kids and are doing side projects to make up for the lack of business a retail establishment is bringing in these days - it gets a bit hairy to say the least. I'm a one man band at this point. Sorry for the delays. But I only have so much bandwith. Cheers.

6 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Yeah and a month ago they told me it will be shipped the following week...

What's their word's value ? Pfff ! Caught once lying then every other words...

With so many e-mails remaining unanswered like trying to sneak-out, unreliable.

It's a book - it's coming. The restock was delayed for a myriad of reasons - hang in there. Cheers

Social source share

8 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Sorry, you are completely wrong. I didn't press these.. The author has been through some family issues, I run and operate a small business in this post-covid world singly, solo, and sometimes things get delayed, as in this instance.  Appreciate your support and understanding. Books are going out soon. Thank you 

6 hours ago, Steve G said:

In which case I would have thought you either take it on the chin and eat the difference, or you issue refunds to those who's orders you cannot satisfy.  Radio silence is not a credible option. 

Just a delay in restocking these for a bunch of different reasons. Please see my post about it.

Max

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!