News: Craig Charles Northern Soul will never go away - Rolling Stone UK

Clee93

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

Why didn’t they interview Richard or one of many others who are and have been involved with the scene.  WTF does Craig Charles know? He’s never been on the scene.

You've only got to read the article to understand that it is the scene, but not as we know / remember it.  PS: Richard is in it. 

Edited by Steve G
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Steve G said:

You've only got to read the article to understand that it is the scene, but not as we know / remember it.  PS: Richard is in it. 

Craig Charles neither is nor ever has been part of any scene you or I have been involved with. He has no real idea what happens. I’ve seen him at his normal gigs, hevturns up and then buggers off when he’s done his bit. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, Steve G said:

Possibly cross wires I think , Chalky is talking about the original topic , not the post by Soulandy which does feature Richard and more , I could be wrong ! 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

How does a journalist come up with this crap and not ask, couldn't I talk to someone who was actually at Wigan? and if this is about now why don't we get someone into the scene now?

And we could all be slagging off RS and one of those self proclaimed yoof leaders of the scene instead😂

Social source share

Got to say I'm at the stage now where any main stream media outlet that mentions Wigan or Northern Soul is avoided like the plague. 

Same old rubbish usually spouted by the same suspects who by now have convinced themselves that they are telling the truth, (we all know who the main culprit is), and repeated as fact by cretins who know no better..... It's a parallel universe I have no wish to populate. 

If you know you know as they say. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

4 hours ago, Roburt said:

I'm sure Richard Searling will not be spouting the same old rubbish.

You never know.........

I didn't mention Richards name, you did & it wasn't him my dig was aimed at -  but until anyone has the nerve to dispel the myths about Billboard, millions through the door at Wigan, no drug busts, etc etc I stand by my same old rubbish statement. If Richard or anyone else do this on Craig Charles show I will apologize unreservedly !

Social source share

On 26/08/2023 at 19:40, Merve said:

Got to say I'm at the stage now where any main stream media outlet that mentions Wigan or Northern Soul is avoided like the plague. 

Same old rubbish usually spouted by the same suspects who by now have convinced themselves that they are telling the truth, (we all know who the main culprit is), and repeated as fact by cretins who know no better..... It's a parallel universe I have no wish to populate. 

If you know you know as they say. 

👏👌

Social source share

Soul Source seems to be cosying up to clueless BBC presenters. I remember, around the time Craig Charles' Coronation Street character was - all of a sudden - a big northern soulie, I saw him interviewed and he admitted he was never much into northern soul and Frank Wilson seemed to be the only record he knew.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!