• Replies 125
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Ranger

off i go go and get a bag of bbq hoops,this REALEY freaked out the non soulie caravan owner next door,our request of the loan of a bucket to clean the mess up was turned down by her very irate hubby who stated that we were "weird folk from the south",with that we tied up the said camel to his door and left it.

Wasn't the same 'camper' that played his Carpenters CD at 10am on full volume with all his doors and windows open was it?

I think he was trying to extract some kind of revenge but it was nice chill out muzac for a Sunday morning. :thumbsup:

Kev

Wasn't the same 'camper' that played his Carpenters CD at 10am on full volume with all his doors and windows open was it?

I think he was trying to extract some kind of revenge but it was nice chill out muzac for a Sunday morning. :thumbsup:

Kev

No it was another van, but forcing us to listen to the Carpenters at that time of the morning was even more scary than spending twenty minutes in the modern room the night before :thumbsup:

QoFxx

JT was he the lad that played the shrine stuff as well as a lot of unknowns if so he,s got my vote too.

HI MrDARCY,IF THE SATURDAY AFTERNOON SET YOU ENJOYED INCLUDED

THE PROPHETS & SHIRLY EDWARDS TRACKS ON SHRINE,THEN IT

WAS THE SAME SET ME AND GILLY THOUGHT WAS SPOT ON...

GUY NOT JT,BUT A MR MARK SPEAKMAN...PLAYED SOME REALLY RARE

STUFF,PLUS LIKE YOU SAID SOME GOOD UNKNOWNS..THAT SAID

THE WHOLE WEEKEND WAS GREAT ....THANKS ADY & CREW,

CHICO@ FUNKYFEET RECORDS...................!!!!

Edited by funkyfeet

As promised, some playlists for those that ventured into the modern room over the weekend..........it's surprisingly lighter than you might think on the dark side :thumbsup::thumbsup: . Great weekend!

Friday 9-9:45 pm

Donn Thomas - How Could I Help But Love You

Heaven & Earth - I Really Love You

LJ Reynolds - So Good

Darlene McCoy - U-N-I-T-Y

Demetrius Price - No Holding Back (Original Club Mix)

Yass feat. LT Brown - I Go Deep (Main Mix)

Dreamgirls - Family (Roots Vocal Mix)

Niteflyte - All About Love

Southside Movement - Do It To Me

Friday 3:45-4:30 am

Ashford & Simpson - Top Of The Stairs

Ronn Matlock - I Can't Forget About You

Black Box - Fall Into My Love

Kim English - It Makes A Difference (Remix Club Version)

Joi Cardwell - Let It Go (Deep Soul Vocal Mix)

Mike Jiminez - Someday We'll Get By

Angel Rissoff - Break Out The Tears

Drizabone - Brightest Star

Soularis - Change The World (Original Mix)

Lee Truesdale - Memories

Saturday 9:45-10:30 pm

7 Sons of Soul - Heaven

Rick James - Taste

Karl Frierson - Ten Minutes

Lexi - How Excellent

Gerald Levert - Wanna Get Up With You

LJ Reynolds - So Good

Jafrosax - GROW

Saturday 2:45-3:30 am

Sunburst Band - Everyday

Incognito - Everyday

Jafrosax - GROW

Asaph Womack - Shelter Me (DF's Roofoverurhead Vocal Mix)

UBP feat. Michael Proctor - Love Don't Live (UBP Classic Mix) (request)

Arnold Jarvis - Justified Love (Original Fuzion Vox Mix)

Soularis - Change The World (Original Mix)

C&C Music Factory - Share The Beat Of Love

Teddy Pendergrass - Believe In Love (request)

Solo - Blowing My Mind

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On (remix)

Sunday 8:30-10:15 pm (w/ Cliff Steele 3+3)

Melba Moore - Standing Right Here

Bobby Womack - So Many Sides Of You

Tyrone Barkley - Man Of Value

James Gaylyn - You Come First At Last

Caviar - Never Stop Lovin' You

Khemistry - Can U Feel My Love

Jackie Moore - This Time Baby

King Tutt - You've Got Me Hung Up

Kenny Thomas - Crazy World

Kim English - Simple Things

Rockmelons - Love's Gonna Bring You Home

Must say, Cliff and I thoroughly enjoyed the Sunday night set.

Cheers,

Mark R

Edited by Mark R

another great weekend ! not much to add, its been said already, my hero is of course Keith Money.. :thumbsup: don't think IMHO that anybody can beat him , because his personality is so nice as-well a real gentleman of soul. :thumbsup: Sunday nite got really p***** but paid the price Mon morning, but for me it was the company I kept that made the weekend that much better.

Guest andyrattigan

Top effort Ady! Brilliant weekend as far as I was concerned :thumbsup:

There's so much going on that the monkeys on the sound system are but a minor detail.

I enjoyed everything I heard upstairs, both nights, even if it was a little warm.

Good atmosphere in the main room, H P Barnum impressed, but what was Brady's idea playing those mid tempo tunes in the set before the acts came on??? :yes:

As has been said by others, some of the best music came from less acclaimed names throughout the weekend.

Whole thing was rounded off by top company in the caravan.. thanks Rowly, for the berth! :thumbsup:

I didnt want to be negative and slate Pat Brady's set on saturday night, but now that someone else has I will add my own disappointment. I agree he played way too many mid-tempo tracks and even a beat ballad or two I think? The floor was half empty. He clearly wasn't playing to the crowd. The floor should have been heaving and worked up into a frenzy by the time the live acts came on. That's my view as a punter and a dancer. No disrespect too him personally, but his set wasnt conducive to saturday night at a weekender IMO.

Guest marge

I just woke up after the weekend!

fantastic weekend despite the dodgy sound system - it didn't spoil anything, (and that's coming from the other half of a sound engineer, I know more about feedback, bottom ends and twitchers, than I care to mention). Seriously, it didn't matter, good company, music, all up for it, whats's a bit of crackle between friends? This was my first Cleethorpes and I'll come back again.

Best bit for me was spending whole weekend with my mates Cindy and Jim, Cindy from Oz who I haven't seen for 23 years, and Jim from Sweden who I met up with on the scene 2 years ago after 20 year absence. That and seeing the soul train fancy dress, they were great, all the folk who went in for the fancy dress infact, thanks for bringing a smile to the place. HB Barnum and British bulldog, don't think I'll forget that ever, what a good sport!

Low bits was falling down that steep grass verge, getting a bruise on my head - how? and going out for a jog on Sunday morning to look for sand dunes and only finding some kind of nature trail. God bless you trev for humouring me in trying to find a sand dune at stupid hour of the morning, and listening to me blow a blade of grass to the tune of Timi Yuro....

Guest SIMONF

Brilliant weekender,one thing to say, forget the rest attend the best.Best sets for me saturday nite has to be butch and roger banks,

back next year,cheers adey :thumbsup:

Guest the dukester

Dukesy, books at £200, sold it for £125!

:angry: ..........mate!! Sean if you get another give me a shout.

Dukesy

So nice to see that the weekend was a hit for so many...Like we have said,Cleethorpes is about the people that go there and not just the music,many spend as much time outside the venue having fun,its an holiday with good freinds...1st date in the calendar for 2008....

Some person said we would not have any soul at Cleethorpes :D:thumbsup: ..How wrong you are.....The soul was in the venue,the caravan,on the train there and back...Its all about sharing some time with like minded people...If its not for you then just keep away and let us get on with it :yes: ...

Yes the Soul Train was a winner :thumbsup: I think they will have some competition from Kid Mohair next year,he promised to try a new outfit out after a few beers on Sunday night :( ...Tears of a clown i think :lol::thumbsup: ..

Still buzzing from the weekend...

Steve...

Edited by little-stevie

:yes: and also Lenny and Nina,its been a good while since we last met,i will say nothing about what we laughed about on Sat Night :no: ,i will take that secret to my grave :shades: ..

:(:lol::D:thumbsup::thumbsup: - Good to see 'you and all' round your table - GLAD I PROVIDED SOME ENTERTAINMENT! - Cheers Andy! :thumbsup:

"SILK" Rare Soul Nights Midland Road, Wellingborough Northants NN8 1HF NEXT RARE SOUL NIGHT Saturday 25th August 2007 GUEST DJS. FOR THE NIGHT- DAVE THORLEY, ROGER BANKS, PETE BURTON- PLUS RESIDENT LENNY DOPSON-FOR INFO CONTACT LEN 07970 361216 EMAIL len@ldfabrications.co.uk

Guest Rowly

I didnt want to be negative and slate Pat Brady's set on saturday night, but now that someone else has I will add my own disappointment. I agree he played way too many mid-tempo tracks and even a beat ballad or two I think? The floor was half empty. He clearly wasn't playing to the crowd. The floor should have been heaving and worked up into a frenzy by the time the live acts came on. That's my view as a punter and a dancer. No disrespect too him personally, but his set wasnt conducive to saturday night at a weekender IMO.

Have to say I agree - and was also disappointed with Rogers' sets too around the 5am mark. Killed the night for me way to early. :yes:

My only grumble of an otherwise top weekend tho! :thumbsup:

Hear Hear! - Great set Pip - shame it was Sat afternoon and not Late night Sat! Any chance of a set list?

A hugely enjoyable weekend all round thanks everybody... special mentions to

Trouble & Jen, Gill, Mulf, Ollie & Laura, Dave Wooly, Hannah & Nick (quality cd as usual, ta!) Andy BB & Carrots, Neef & Innes, Kav, Adam T, Dolly, Neil & Tracie, .... & Mr. C for putting the thing together! Nice!

Hear Hear! - Great set Pip - shame it was Sat afternoon and not Late night Sat! Any chance of a set list?

A hugely enjoyable weekend all round thanks everybody... special mentions to

Trouble & Jen, Gill, Mulf, Ollie & Laura, Dave Wooly, Hannah & Nick (quality cd as usual, ta!) Andy BB & Carrots, Neef & Innes, Kav, Adam T, Dolly, Neil & Tracie, .... & Mr. C for putting the thing together! Nice!

Yes, thanks Rowly for your generous hospitality and putting up with us in your caravan. Have to apologise on behalf of Woollie Dave though for kicking you out of your bed because of his loud snoring! :(

Top weekend and fantastic company! :thumbsup::yes:

Jen.

Not gonna`say much,just thanks Ady & Donna just brill,I`m in the internet caffe at the mo`my internet provider have had enough of me,so while i work out how to get on line i wont be round much..........pissed off i am!!..

Best :rolleyes:

Ken,

had to chuckle when you introduced me to a friend as The Norwich Dancer. Well, I do indeed come from Norwich and am certainly a dancer but that's where the comparison ends. For instance I like some of the Modern sounds...

Mark C

Ken,

had to chuckle when you introduced me to a friend as The Norwich Dancer. Well, I do indeed come from Norwich and am certainly a dancer but that's where the comparison ends. For instance I like some of the Modern sounds...

Mark C

:thumbsup: ,ah well!!........bakc on line now,yipee :rolleyes:

Guest soulsearcher66

Yep soulies,

was a brilliant weekend! It was a more enthusiastic crowd than the last years I think. Sound system was not brilliant but o.k. Positve...was not so loud than last year...bloody loud had **piiiiip*** on my ears for many days. Best live akt since Dean & Maxime. Talking to Mr. Barnum was very friendly and smooth. Apollas.... brillant to see what girl can do after 40 years after there last performance.

I had a difficult set for germany on saturday afternoon...between sweden and ireland..hope it was allright for all? :rolleyes: ... coments welcome...

thanks Ady for lot of work to organize this brillant weekend its my personal highlite every year!

Peter Werhand (germany)

I don't know I only stumbled on it by accident........................... :rolleyes:

QoFxx

Oh you are a one!!fibbing is not your strong point!,

when i stated to you that i was off to the modern room to see my mate Taffy play his set,you insisted/demanded that you could come along and would not let me out to play without you(only cos you had the dt shakes etc)..but i must say you were caught tapping those trotters of yours to the fine set that our Taffy was playing(only joking about the trotters).

Unless you were in a trance(stuper)you could not fail to enjoy it along with the rest of us !!!

Tell Mary to look after the camel,dont let her hubby eat it..

Hows your tootsies now still sore ??

Oh you are a one!!fibbing is not your strong point!,

when i stated to you that i was off to the modern room to see my mate Taffy play his set,you insisted/demanded that you could come along and would not let me out to play without you(only cos you had the dt shakes etc)..but i must say you were caught tapping those trotters of yours to the fine set that our Taffy was playing(only joking about the trotters).

Unless you were in a trance(stuper)you could not fail to enjoy it along with the rest of us !!!

Tell Mary to look after the camel,dont let her hubby eat it..

Hows your tootsies now still sore ??

It couldn't of been me as I couldn't tap my "trotter" as said DJ had squigged it the night before, I couldn't of had the DTs cos as everyone knows I don't drink, it must of been my twin sister as she will tap her feet to anything and has a bit of a drink problem :secret:

The camel is doing well, Mick doesn't have to mow the lawn anymore :rolleyes:

QoFxx

Guest irishpip

Had a great time, one of the best weekenders I've been to. Always a pleasure to catch up with so many friends.

Couple of people asked about a setlist from saturday afternoon:

Curly Moore - You Don't Mean - Sansu

The Arter Set - Sermon - Musicland USA

The Superlatives - I Still Love You - Uptite

Viola Wills - I Got Love - Bronco

Herbs - Never, Never (Will I Fall IN Love) - Smoke

Detroit Soul - All Of My Life - Music Town

Jeanette White - Music - A&M

Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - Show Me The Way - Gordy

Marjorie Black - One More Hurt - Sue

J J Barnes - Chains Of Love - Groovesville

Dee Dee Sharp - What Kind Of Lady - Gamble

Ted Taylor - Somebody's Always Trying - OKeh

Marty Lewis - I Can't Do WIthout You - Big Deal

The Bobbettes - Happy Go Lucky Me - RCA

The Ad Libs - Johnny My Boy - Blue Cat

Ede Robin - There Must Be A Love SOmewhere - Le Cam

The Belles - Don't Pretend - Mirwood

Great weekend , still recovering , brilliant company throughout as always.

Musically spent a lot of time in Modern Room ,far too many oldies in Main Room for us, having said that I am sure we missed some good sets in there but thats the problem with having 2 rooms, you are always gonna miss something somewhere or maybe thats a good thing.

Modern Room ,when not playing the 2 step stuff was good particularly Cliff Steele and Terry Jones who played top tunes throughout and as Terry said we shouldn't pigeon hole any of the music and should just call it 'SOUL MUSIC', would have liked to catch Arthur Fenns sets as well but somehow managed to miss them but I'm sure they were quality as always.Thanks to Cliff for playing Gene Chandler - Without You Here :whistling: and to Sam for George Smallwood - Touching is My Thing :whistling: , my only 2 requests of the weekend, TUNES!! and then some.

Best set in main room for us was Sunday lunch with The Banbur

Guest Roccia

A big hug to the old and new friends I've met in Cleethorpes. It was nice to meet in flesh and bones some Soul Sourcers as In Town Mikey and Rowly...

A huge thanks to Ady, Donna, and everybody was involved in the organization of the weekender.

Well done :rolleyes:

Me & little Barbara saturday afternoon double-decking playlist:

Sam Dees "Lonely For You Baby" (SSS International)

Natural 4 "I Tought You Were Mine" (Abc WD)

Herb Ward "Strange Change" (Argo)

Linda Jones "I Just Can't Live My Life" (WB)

Jimmy Fraser "Of Hopes And Dreams And Tombstones" (Columbia WD)

Lonnie Lester "You Can't Go" (Nu-Tone)

Mickie Champion "What Good Am I" (Musette)

Joe Simon "I Got A Whole Lot Of Lovin' " (SS7)

Big Daddy Rogers "I'm A Big Man" (Midas)

Freddie Houston "Soft Walking" (Toto WD)

Wade Flemons "Jeanette" (Ramsel)

Majestics "I Love You So Much It Hurts" (Linda)

Silky Hargraves "Keep Loving Me (Like You Do)" (Dearborn WD)

Delegates Of Soul "I'll Come Running Back" (Uplook)

Tony Middleton "Paris Blues" (Mala)

Big Don's Rebellion "It Was True" (Ethon)

A big hug to the old and new friends I've met in Cleethorpes. It was nice to meet in flesh and bones some Soul Sourcers as In Town Mikey and Rowly...

A huge thanks to Ady, Donna, and everybody was involved in the organization of the weekender.

Well done :thumbsup:

i tried to find you on sat day and night but could not, someone i was with wanted to be introduced to you as they are going over to italy for the weekender i think he wanted to practice his italian on you :rolleyes:

mark

Guest Roccia

cool.gif-->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Jun 13 2007, 09:04 PM) link
i tried to find you on sat day and night but could not, someone i was with wanted to be introduced to you as they are going over to italy for the weekender i think he wanted to practice his italian on you :rolleyes:

mark

Mark,

I've always been in the main room in the area between the record bar and the stage...

Tell the people who come over for the weekender, they don't have to worry about the language... Usually 90% of the punters are Brits...!!!

Ciao

Roccia

Guest gordon russell

Had a great time, one of the best weekenders I've been to. Always a pleasure to catch up with so many friends.

Couple of people asked about a setlist from saturday afternoon:

Curly Moore - You Don't Mean - Sansu

The Arter Set - Sermon - Musicland USA

The Superlatives - I Still Love You - Uptite

Viola Wills - I Got Love - Bronco

Herbs - Never, Never (Will I Fall IN Love) - Smoke

Detroit Soul - All Of My Life - Music Town

Jeanette White - Music - A&M

Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - Show Me The Way - Gordy

Marjorie Black - One More Hurt - Sue

J J Barnes - Chains Of Love - Groovesville

Dee Dee Sharp - What Kind Of Lady - Gamble

Ted Taylor - Somebody's Always Trying - OKeh

Marty Lewis - I Can't Do WIthout You - Big Deal

The Bobbettes - Happy Go Lucky Me - RCA

The Ad Libs - Johnny My Boy - Blue Cat

Ede Robin - There Must Be A Love SOmewhere - Le Cam

The Belles - Don't Pretend - Mirwood

never heard your set mr pip nothing super rare there, but thats the whole point this is a good set, well thought out just goes to prove there are plenty of cheaper tunes just need to be played . top man say l

Guest soulsearcher66

Yep soulies,

was a brilliant weekend! It was a more enthusiastic crowd than the last years I think. Sound system was not brilliant but o.k. Positve...was not so loud than last year...bloody loud had **piiiiip*** on my ears for many days. Best live akt since Dean & Maxime. Talking to Mr. Barnum was very friendly and smooth. Apollas.... brillant to see what girl can do after 40 years after there last performance.

I had a difficult set for germany on saturday afternoon...between sweden and ireland..hope it was allright for all? :D ... coments welcome...

my playlist between 15.45 - 16.30

george lemons -fascinating girl

classic sullivans - shame shame shame

cashmeres - show stopper

chantesl - indian giver

cleveland robinson - boy

ronnie mcneir - sitting in my class

tan geers - let my heart and soul be free

bill bush - i´m waiting

luther - don´t wanne be a fool

soul bros. inc. - pyramid

belita woods - magic corner

harold curington - one day girl

sam fletcher - i´d think it over

cajun heart - got to find a way

rose batiste - i cant leave you

bobby kline - say something nice to me

thanks Ady for lot of work to organize this brillant weekend its my personal highlite every year!

Peter Werhand (germany)

Guest gordon russell

HI MrDARCY,IF THE SATURDAY AFTERNOON SET YOU ENJOYED INCLUDED

THE PROPHETS & SHIRLY EDWARDS TRACKS ON SHRINE,THEN IT

WAS THE SAME SET ME AND GILLY THOUGHT WAS SPOT ON...

GUY NOT JT,BUT A MR MARK SPEAKMAN...PLAYED SOME REALLY RARE

STUFF,PLUS LIKE YOU SAID SOME GOOD UNKNOWNS..THAT SAID

THE WHOLE WEEKEND WAS GREAT ....THANKS ADY & CREW,

CHICO@ FUNKYFEET RECORDS...................!!!!

Is that gilly from derby ? if so say hello from terry...... tell him to get down to the next union at nottingham

Guest Rowly

Well done :D

Good to meet you to mate... C.O.Y.F.I.!

Guest Glawsters Best

Well done :D

great set Roccia thumbsup.gif

leon

cool.gif-->
QUOTE(mark.b @ Jun 13 2007, 09:04 PM) link
<!--quotec-->i tried to find you on sat day and night but could not, someone i was with wanted to be introduced to you as they are going over to italy for the weekender i think he wanted to practice his italian on you :D

mark

Mark,

I've always been in the main room in the area between the record bar and the stage...

Tell the people who come over for the weekender, they don't have to worry about the language... Usually 90% of the punters are Brits...!!!

Ciao

Roccia

i know where you normally are but i could not see you, only joking about the launguage, think he just wanted to chat about it to see what to expect.

cheers

mark

Have to say I agree - and was also disappointed with Rogers' sets too around the 5am mark. Killed the night for me way to early. sad.gif

My only grumble of an otherwise top weekend tho! :D

In the spirit of objective reporting and in the context of an otherwise tip top weekend this was also the topic of discussion at our table in the prolonged build up to the acts appearing on stage........just didn't seem to fit. Just thought we were being old fashioned !

That apart, another blinding weekend and total justification to counter those that question why have the acts on? Sometimes they don't work out as you expect but when they turn out like saturday, you get to say........I was there !

Take a bow Mr C, Taff & Wendy

Edited by Saxafone
Guest marco i

cool.gif-->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Jun 14 2007, 12:57 AM) link
i know where you normally are but i could not see you, only joking about the launguage, think he just wanted to chat about it to see what to expect.

cheers

mark

Roccia is sooo small that it is hard to notice him sometimes... :thumbsup:

Guest Roccia

QUOTE(mark.b @ Jun 14 2007, 12:57 AM) link i know where you normally are but i could not see you, only joking about the launguage, think he just wanted to chat about it to see what to expect.

cheers

mark

Roccia is sooo small that it is hard to notice him sometimes... :thumbsup:

Yep, I was the big bellied yob sitting near the little hairy man... You know him...? The hubby of the "Italian Soul Queen"...? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Overall it was a good weekend and I had a good time. I have not been there since 2003 so it was nice to be back. It was great to meet many old friends again even if many who I thought would be there were not. It was also fun to play a few tunes along with my friend during Saturday afternoon. :thumbsup: Unfortunately I was very tired and missed most of the afternoon sessions on Saturday and Sunday, a shame since they have often been pretty good in past years.

Edited by Guest

Source Advert