Cleethorpes June 2007

Just in case don't check the blogs that often will just pass on word of a quick write up on Cleethorpes 2007 up in Steve G's Blog

can read it at the link below and whil ethere check out the rest of his lookbacks, great enjoyable reads, plus great to see that there's a fair few decent blogs running now

(quick plug - blogs are just one of the many features avail to members on here, easy and quick to start and use)

read Steves write up here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...p;showentry=329

• Replies 125
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Richard Bergman

Just in case don't check the blogs that often will just pass on word of a quick write up on Cleethorpes 2007 up in Steve G's Blog

can read it at the link below and whil ethere check out the rest of his lookbacks, great enjoyable reads, plus great to see that there's a fair few decent blogs running now

(quick plug - blogs are just one of the many features avail to members on here, easy and quick to start and use)

read Steves write up here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...p;showentry=329

Great to meet old and dear friends in sun soaked Cleethorpes.

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Was there lots of Soulful Garaage played then ? thumbsup.gif

...Yes, but it was still an excellent Cleethorpes anyway laugh.gif:thumbsup::glare:

Seriously, it was really great this year - the Apollas and HB were two of the best act's that Ady's ever had on, and it was pleasing to note that DJs were seemingly paying closer attention to what had been played by the DJs before them, rather than coming in three minutes before their sets started and reprising something that had just been heard in the previous set.

Mick Smith's early Saturday set was perhaps the best of all those I heard while going from room to room, but my hat is off to Cliff Steele for playing probably most consistently enjoyable sets of the whole weekend (well, of Friday and Saturday, anyway - I don't stay for the Sunday...)

Thanks Ady and Donna, the deposit for 2008'll be in the post later this week!

TONE

Guest James Trouble

High point for me, The Irish lad Pip, who was on Saturday afternoon. FUCKING AWESOME! He employed a novel concept of DJing~: 20 brilliant uptempo 60s northern/RnS records, a mix of classics and semi knowns but all fresh and interesting, and he played them in the right order in a set that flowed with continuity and sensibility, sucking the dancers onto the floor and keeping them there. A few more DJs should try that unusual approach, it might just work :good:

High point for me, The Irish lad Pip, who was on Saturday afternoon. FUCKING AWESOME! He employed a novel concept of DJing~: 20 brilliant uptempo 60s northern/RnS records, a mix of classics and semi knowns but all fresh and interesting, and he played them in the right order in a set that flowed with continuity and sensibility, sucking the dancers onto the floor and keeping them there. A few more DJs should try that unusual approach, it might just work :good:

Are you talking about tempo James or genre ? :mellow:

Edited by Simon M
Guest James Trouble

Are you talking about tempo James or genre ? :mellow:

No, I'm being a bit sarcastic Simon. But his set was pretty special IMO. Not one record in particular, but the set as whole and how it was put together thumbsup.gif

Edited by James Trouble

What a weekend, Danced me socks off, enjoyed it from start to finish. eveything hurts, feet have blisters legs are stiff. pulled my back kidneys ache, heads pounding. and ive got the shakes. and ive not been as content as this for years. thaks to all involed for making my life the joy it is thumbsup.gif

Guest Bearsoul

HAD AN AMAZING WEEKEND I NOW NEED HIP REPLACEMENTS (FROM WOBBLING AROUND THE FLOOR) AND A BLOOD TRANSFUSION AND I'LL BE OK! JUST SPLENDID FROM START TO FINISH, SO MANY GOOD FRIENDS IN ONE PLACE FOR ONE SOUL PURPOSE WAS A JOY, I'LL WRITE MORE WHEN I'VE HAD THE BIG SLEEP. CHEERS ADY ! QUALITY. OH AND HB & THE APOLLAS..TOP !! 'SORRY MAMA' WAS ACE! MADE MY WEEKEND THAT AND FIRST CLASS COMPANY !!!!!!!!!!!!! TO BOOT !

CPTN M :thumbsup:

Fantastic weekend thumbsup.gif Great to meet up with so many people I don't see very often and meet loads of new ones.

At first I thought it was only me that was suffering from verbal dyslexia, I kept getting all my words muddled up on saturday afternoon and had problems explaining to Ken what a parcark was, lifeguards are now known as lifatyguards and many more, but then it seemed as if this disease was spreading as nearly everyone else was having the same problem.

Spookiest moment:- Catriona came over to Mandy and I with her mobile in her hand and saying that she needed a responsible adult to show her how to use it, Mandy and I both answered at the same time "well you wont find any round here"

Most painfull moments: Taff standing on my toe at the bar on Saturday night, didn't feel a thing at the time (I can't think why :D ) but certainly knew about it when I woke up Sunday morning and the pain in my hips when I tried to get out of the van after driving home this morning............well that will teach me for dancing all night last night at my age.

Highlight of the weekend...........sharing the weekend and caravan with 3 very special people, Mandy, Toby and Mary....thanks chaps for not complaining about my cooking once and putting up with my stressy moments :yes: .

Highlight for anyone who knows me.....................Me losing my voice on Saturday night :thumbsup:

Lowpoint for anyone who knows me....................Me getting my voice back on Sunday :D

A thanks to all the DJs for fantastic sets and a special thanks Ady and his able team of helpers for making it a very special weekend. :yes:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissieo

Highlight of the weekend...........sharing the weekend and caravan with 3 very special people, Mandy, Toby and Mary....thanks chaps for not complaining about my cooking once and putting up with my stressy moments :yes: .

Highlight for anyone who knows me.....................Me losing my voice on Saturday night :thumbsup:

Lowpoint for anyone who knows me....................Me getting my voice back on Sunday :D

Our pleasure Chrissieo,we did'nt even notice you were in the caravan whistling.gif you did ok for an old'un.i was gutted about my plan to get to you (i failed,but theres always a next time :yes: )

I wish the highlight continued,gutted about the lowpoint.Thanks Chrissieo we had a great time in your company along with Mary(from the dairy)hope to do it again...

got a luverrly photo of you in your grandads pants,i must post it up soon :D ..

We had a great time at Cleggy,top notch sounds all round,fantastic people keep it up folks,lets do it again next year eh'

Ady my hat comes off to you yet again,a memorable weekender again thanks..

At first I thought it was only me that was suffering from verbal dislexia, I kept getting all my words muddled up on saturday afternoon and had problems explaining to Ken what a parcark was, lifeguards are now known as lifatyguards and many more, but then it seemed as if this disease was spreading as nearly everyone else was having the same problem.

Things keep coming back to me and that reminded me of one.

I tried to txt someone that I was at Cleethorpes using predicta txt to help my brain.

It came out "Clefthorses" but she knew what I meant..... :thumbsup:

Had a great weekend even had a couple of dances, great to meet friends and and lots of people of here, norwich dancer i was one of the old gits outside the pub with olaf and his brother, andy bb, james troubleand nick hacket it was good to make your aquaintance and put faces to the names spent most of my time in the modern room only venturing into the northern room occasionally, The connissuers room was excellent ady luptons set was great.

did not stay for sunday night left early in the afternoon.

only gripe was the sound system in the main room sound was very muffled and sometimes you could not even tell what was being played.

and i did not buy any records.

mark

Highlight of the weekend...........sharing the weekend and caravan with 3 very special people, Mandy, Toby and Mary....thanks chaps for not complaining about my cooking once and putting up with my stressy moments :lol: .

Lowpoint for anyone who knows me....................Me getting my voice back on Sunday :lol:

Our pleasure Chrissieo,we did'nt even notice you were in the caravan :lol: you did ok for an old'un.i was gutted about my plan to get to you (i failed,but theres always a next time :lol: )

I wish the highlight continued,gutted about the lowpoint.Thanks Chrissieo we had a great time in your company along with Mary(from the dairy)hope to do it again...

got a luverrly photo of you in your grandads pants,i must post it up soon :lol: ..

We had a great time at Cleggy,top notch sounds all round,fantastic people keep it up folks,lets do it again next year eh'

Ady my hat comes off to you yet again,a memorable weekender again thanks..

Ahhhhhhh that would be when I was cleaning my teeth with pink champagne and you and Ady Lupton were tending to his imaginary camel apparently tethered outside our caravan at 9.30 on saturday morning :unsure: And Catriona thought she may find a responsible adult, not a hope.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissieo
Guest Rowly

Hear Hear! - Great set Pip - shame it was Sat afternoon and not Late night Sat! Any chance of a set list?

A hugely enjoyable weekend all round thanks everybody... special mentions to

Trouble & Jen, Gill, Mulf, Ollie & Laura, Dave Wooly, Hannah & Nick (quality cd as usual, ta!) Andy BB & Carrots, Neef & Innes, Kav, Adam T, Dolly, Neil & Tracie, .... & Mr. C for putting the thing together! Nice!

Guest andyrattigan

Just arrived home this evening after another stomp and shuffle filled weekender to-ing and froing between the main room and the modern room. A cracking weekend all in all. Best DJ spot for me was Irish lad Pip who played all stompers and a couple of R&B numbers on saturday afternoon. It was a dancers dream set especially "Chains of Love- JJ BARNES" and "Martha Reeves- Show me the Way" Choons for dancing your arse off! :rolleyes: Steve Woomble and Soul Sam played blinders in the Modern Room and Ady and Adam's Northern Anthems on the sunday wrapped up the weekend in style. Had a laugh, caught up with mates, met some new folk, danced me arse off and bought some records Ive been after for a while. As the Spinners would say: "What More Could a Boy Ask for?". Roll on 2008.

Guest Bearsoul

I'D LIKE TO ECHO THE TOP FEEDBACK FOR PIP !!!!!!!!!! BIG UP FOR OLAF AND NICK HACKETT TOO......HAVING SAID THAT ENJOYED MYSELF NON-STOP SO THANKS TO ALL DJ s FOR SUCH A GRAND WEEKEND....AND KEITH MONEY WON THE CUP!! WHAT WAS IT FOR AGAIN KEITH ???? JUST JESTING :rolleyes:

Suffering from Cleethorpes lag, caused by silly hours and eating breakfast at 4.30 am three nights in a row. Well that's my excuse for waking up at 3.30 and demolishing my son's Chinese takeaway leftovers.

Thanks for the positive comments folks, I thought the acts were terrific, The Apollas (a feminised form of Appollo apparently!) shimmied with style and sang their hearts out and HB Barnum was a revelation again. How a self-confessed non-singer (these days) can put on an act like that is beyond me, undoubtedly his warm, honest and soulful personality just radiated from the stage and 100 years worth (in mortal years) experience in the business meant he had no fear and an abundance of skills to work with. That gospel moment with all four of the singers was a lovely unrehearsed touch too.

Sorry for the shambolic nature of some of the organising, I know you give me a lot of leeway but I should have been better in a few areas this year. The main problems (including the late start on Saturday) all stemmed from the PA system and workers so I guarantee we will have a new outfit on the job next year and the whole event will be much better prepared than it was this year. Musically there's still a little tinkering to be done and I think a bit of new talent is called for, the R&B room didn't quite happen on the Friday through no fault of the DJs it just didn't get the people up and it's odd how our crowd doesn't seem too keen on R&B at the moment. Tef's High 5s (5 records per DJ) Saturday night spot seemed to go down a storm though, so that'll be back next year but only if we can get some air con up there, otherwise he's threatened to take his roadshow to Vegas.

Despite the hiccups we still had a great weekend, the atmosphere throughout was Cleethorpes at its best. Thanks to all the hardworking staff (gold stars to Sharon and Doug) and DJs but especially to all the customers for the positive and enthusiastic vibe you give the whole event.

You da best!

Well, I thought it was lovely of Ady to put on a little soiree for my birthday! I did stand at the door and thank people for coming!!

Absolutlely blinding weekend - still buzzing. Got there on Friday for the door opening and heard a mixture of oldies/classics in the main room. As it filled up I had a wander, found the modern room and was very nearly converted to the dark side!! There were some fantastic sounds being played in there, the room was also cooler and a bit more room to dance. Cant remember the name of the DJ who was on after Adam, (oops sorry!) but he made me tingle with the records he played, the set seemed to flow perfectly, found myself jigging along and itching to get on the dancefloor - will not dismiss the modern room anymore, cant believe I hadnt realised how good it is. Gradually got more into the night (and the beer!) and met up with Tabs and crew in the main room. The dancefloor was absolutely ramming in there - it was like the cream of the dancers were all on that dancefloor and I was amazed by the energy and enthusiasm. Danced all night and even practised high kicks with Chris Morgan who swears he needs a hip replacement because of it. Left at six in the morning a happy souled-out punter!

so souled-out was I that I went back to the caravan and slept for 16 hours!! Sian had to wake me at 10pm to see if I was alive :lol: Cant remember the last time I slept like that - must have been the sea air!! :rolleyes: But half asleep and dozy as hell we went out Saturday. This time it was Sian being totally outrageous whereas I couldnt really get into it. Managed to have a good dance though and ventured into the RnB room which hadnt reallly got going but was nice and dark and some stomping tunes belting out. At one point I sat in the balcony and watched the dancefloor for a bit. It was wicked - the speed and enthusiasm was second to none. From above it looked like a well choreographed scene from a movie. Was so impressed.  It was sooooooooo hot in the main room when I finished dancing my hair was soaking and my make-up had slid off my face, but really couldnt give a stuff by then. Was surprised how quickly saturday night went and quite disappointed when it came to an end.

Sunday was fun night. Fancy dress in the main room for those brave enough and indeed I was. I wore a nifty little ballerina number which had a fan inside to keep it inflated and Sian came as a cowboy on a horse. Never laughed so much in my life. Our mate turned up dressed as a sumo and watching his usual fast dancing had me in fits. Couldnt believe we had to go on the dancefloor and dance for two records while the winner was being picked. The prize went to the soul train who deserved it - it was a wicked costume. It was nice to see people genuinely laughing and having the crack without being frowned upon.  My claim to fame for the weekend was H.B. Barnum took a photo of ME!!!! Really nice fella and definately one of us if you know what I mean. He joined in all the fun and games and he was the one who had to catch everyone in the DJ british bulldogs game. He threw himself into it without any of the pretentious "star" BS. Cool bloke.

Musically I enjoyed Sunday night the best. The DJs were a bit more relaxed and played whatever they fancied without getting the usual slagging off for it. Particularily enjoyed Roger and Dave, and Ady and Adams spot. They kept everyone happy and it was nice to see people flying to get on the dancefloor.

It must be a complete nightmare trying to organize something on the scale of this weekend but Ady - you pulled it off perfectly! Thank you for all the hard work you must have put in. It cant have been easy. This really was my best ever birthday! :good: :thumbsup::yes:

Edited by Ganche

Didn`t manage to get to Cleethorpes for this as we were away on holiday but it seems the comments on here are all positive but my friends have given it mixed reports from; Excellent, Atmosphere flat, Acts brill, PA System crap & that a Dj from another venue got a thumping. Nobody commented on R&B room as we don`t go there & having no love for it (It`s not Northern to be fair).

Anyway it all sounds jolly good fun to me, so I`ll have to make an effort to get to next one & judge for myself. :yes:

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :thumbsup:

p.s. This info is from outside sources & I cannot be held responsible. :rolleyes: Also noticed J.T. managed to include his usual expletive (You naughty boy) :lol:no.gif

Ahhhhhhh that would be when I was cleaning my teeth with pink champagne and you and Ady Lupton were tending to his imaginary camel apparently tethered outside our caravan at 9.30 on saturday morning :rolleyes: And Catriona thought she may find a responsible adult, not a hope.

QoFxx

Dont worry I found what I needed, a mobile phone mast, unfortunately it was as we got near Lincoln on the way home! So sorry Sian and D, we would of loved to have come for ice cream but we were too late with the message! Happy birthday chick.xxxxxxxxxx

i found myself a gang of under ten year olds at the weekend so I was in fabulous company and able to send a couple of texts home :thumbsup:))) So my thanks are to the lovely polite Jack W who even managed to be gracious when wining parma violets from a machine in the arcade and being supportive with my crap air hockey playing...what a great kid. And with the wonderful Katie and Luke for the gymnastic display and Stafford dancing on Sunday night.

Shame about the sound system in the modern room on saturday afternoon, Steve G s spot was getting more muffled as it went on and by mid afternoon everything had gone a bit musical wallpaper in there, Terry Jones found the big man in shorts who fixed it up by the time he went on but the crowd in there had lost their usual saturday afternoon bounce!

It was wonderful, another weekend of love, romance, intrigue, soul music,fog and living in a caravan!

As it filled up I had a wander, found the modern room and was very nearly converted to the dark side!! There were some fantastic sounds being played in there, the room was also cooler and a bit more room to dance. Cant remember the name of the DJ who was on after Adam, (oops sorry!) but he made me tingle with the records he played, the set seemed to flow perfectly, found myself jigging along and itching to get on the dancefloor - will not dismiss the modern room anymore, cant believe I hadnt realised how good it is.

Awww..........thanks Ganche............that would be me that would...........thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed it............playlist to follow when the brain cells re-generate!! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Cheers,

Mark R

Guest in town Mikey

Same old same old really

Tip top sounds. Great company, and made some new friends.

Don't know what the song and dance about it is really. :thumbsup:

Best thing? Its another year til the next one. I'm going to need at least that to recover. So prolly see you in 2009 :lol:

Great meeting the Irish crowd. Shame I missed Pips set. Saturday afternoon wasn't good for me. ^_^

Edited by in town Mikey

Not gonna`say much,just thanks Ady & Donna just brill,I`m in the internet caffe at the mo`my internet provider have had enough of me,so while i work out how to get on line i wont be round much..........pissed off i am!!..

Best :thumbsup:

Guest Bearsoul

Not gonna`say much,just thanks Ady & Donna just brill,I`m in the internet caffe at the mo`my internet provider have had enough of me,so while i work out how to get on line i wont be round much..........pissed off i am!!..

Best :lol:

ACE TO CU SIR KENNETH AND WITH HAIR TOO ....GET DOWN THE SMOKE SOON ..IF NOT LET US KNOW IF YOUR MOBILE AND HEADING OUR WAY !!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Can only really echo the above praise of the weekend.

We had a fantastic time right through til the last tune and the only downer for me was the walk back to the van on Sunday night in wet jeans. Jesus, that pool was NOT as warm as the rising steam suggested - no wonder Ady didn't lead the annual splash-fest - fe**in' freezing is what I call it!!!

Big thanks to Nig Mayfield & Sue for a great weekend and for being such brill van-mates, we had a scream!! Also to Tracy for not minding sleeping wherever she fell. And by the way Tracy, that weekend was the bossiest I've ever seen you, jeez you're assertive when you want to be!!

Hannah & Nick, congrats again on your anniversary and thanks for the Saturday am/pm drinkys. Nice to meet Dave again, and good to meet Martin too. Oh and what a bonus - Soul Scrabble!! Surely that will be THE game to be played in every van next year. Hope Hannah has recovered after the glug of Stroh 80 she sampled - definately an acquired taste :thumbsup: .

Always lovely to see the Bury crowd in full weekender mode - the lovliest loonys on the planet. And Rowly, of course, for the lift back to London - you're a star!!

Deposit for next year is already in the post. Viva Cleethorpes, even when it's foggy!!

Neil Jones.

Edited by burysoul

all stemmed from the PA system and workers so I guarantee we will have a new outfit on the job next year and the whole event will be much better prepared than it was this year.

Despite the hiccups we still had a great weekend, the atmosphere throughout was Cleethorpes at its best. Thanks to all the hardworking staff (gold stars to Sharon and Doug) and DJs but especially to all the customers for the positive and enthusiastic vibe you give the whole event.

You da best!

Ady, I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. As in previous years, it seems that the P.A was shared between the decks and the mic's used by the live acts. There's always a compromise to be made when trying to strike a balance between live performance and 40 year old mono vinyl recordings.

Yes there was a difference between the sound on Saturday compared to Friday and Sunday but not so much that it detracted from the overall brilliant weekend.

Congrats to you, Donna & the team and thanks again, we had a blast

Neil & Dolly

Just a quickie to say a thank you to Ady and the crew for one of the best weekenders I've ever been to. I was lucky enough to witness Eddie Holman a good few years ago at the TAC weekender when he sung 'Its needless to say' and listening to HB Barnum on the Saturday nite perform a rendition of 'If you want a love affair' sort of reminded me of that in a way, writers, producers, arrangers and all round good eggs performing the tunes (possibly for the first time) they created to the people who appreciate it the most, as for the Appollas, they were clearly having a ball, how great was the accapella ?!! The backing band also delivered the goods, a note for note version of 'Thumb a ride' with it's creator waiting in the wings must have been a bit of a big ask, especially when HB said they'd all only had one rehearsal!

On the down side, the quiz was a little taxing to say the least, Lee and I only got 19! How many releases were there on Topper anyway? Good laugh tho' :lol:

Thanx to Sean Chapman for the Firestones, Terry Jones for lively discussion regarding Marvin Gaye remixes, (the jury's still out Terry :thumbsup: )and Keith, Maxine and chums for a highly entertaining Sunday nite, apologies for my copious Guinness fuelled 'Derek and Clive' quotes long into the nite to one and all.

All the best

Jim.

My first Cleethorpes since the Velvelettes and I must say that I had wonderful time with wonderful people. The live acts were excellent and in fine voice and a joy to see. The music at the Saturday alldayer - for me - was the best especially the Swedish lads, Christian and Olaf and Dublin's very own Pip, the poor sod was nervous as hell but after 2 records he was lapping it up, his set was tops simply because he played great uptempo northern/R&B and most were not of the high price variety. Big shout for Ady & Co. but special yells for the soul people in attendance who really express their love for this wonderful music, I am indeed back on the scene with great enthusiasm thanks to you lot.

David

Just back in the land of the living...A good time was had by me and my lady,her first time and boy did she enjoy it...

Got there for 4pm on Friday and left Monday lunch..3 good nights

Saturday 3am to 6am the best for me...Nice to see my dear freind Pip was a winner on the international Saturday afternoon...Some great sounds Saturday night in the upstairs room from Andy,Nick and Ady,would have been much better if they had some air con,just not possible to stay in that room for more than a few songs at a time,its been hot hot hot up there for the past few years now,lets hope next year will bring a cooler room..The weekend was a winner for me because i had some fine people to share with,it makes it all the better.....So good to meet so many old freinds and a few new ones too...Good to see the soul train on Saturday night :lol: and also Lenny and Nina,its been a good while since we last met,i will say nothing about what we laughed about on Sat Night no.gif ,i will take that secret to my grave :D ..

Well done to all the Cleethorpes team... :thumbsup:

Edited by little-stevie

Ahhhhhhh that would be when I was cleaning my teeth with pink champagne and you and Ady Lupton were tending to his imaginary camel apparently tethered outside our caravan at 9.30 on saturday morning :thumbsup: And Catriona thought she may find a responsible adult, not a hope.

QoFxx

Oh i forgot about the camel(hope its ok)twas a funny moment that,i was trying to get my head in gear barefeet and paisley jama bottoms(only wore them due to ladies in the van)when along strolls Ady Lupton requesting me to look after the camel while he changed his smoking jacket and fez hat,no problem says i "what does the camel eat" hoola hoops says Ady,off i go go and get a bag of bbq hoops,this REALEY freaked out the non soulie caravan owner next door,our request of the loan of a bucket to clean the mess up was turned down by her very irate hubby who stated that we were "weird folk from the south",with that we tied up the said camel to his door and left it.

Only Ady Lupton can come up with a scheme to f*** your head in the morning but great stuff Ady,My Mandy could not quite work him out that morning but got her thinking where is the camel now..

Oh i forgot about the camel(hope its ok)twas a funny moment that,i was trying to get my head in gear barefeet and paisley jama bottoms(only wore them due to ladies in the van)when along strolls Ady Lupton requesting me to look after the camel while he changed his smoking jacket and fez hat,no problem says i "what does the camel eat" hoola hoops says Ady,off i go go and get a bag of bbq hoops,this REALEY freaked out the non soulie caravan owner next door,our request of the loan of a bucket to clean the mess up was turned down by her very irate hubby who stated that we were "weird folk from the south",with that we tied up the said camel to his door and left it.

Only Ady Lupton can come up with a scheme to f*** your head in the morning but great stuff Ady,My Mandy could not quite work him out that morning but got her thinking where is the camel now..

sounds as if the occupiers of neighbouring van had the hump with you......

Guest the dukester

Thanx to Sean Chapman for the Firestones,

......OH yes top tune..

anybody got one for sale? how much does it go for these days?

Mary and I felt sorry for him, so we loaded him in the van and he is now living happily in Mary's back garden. :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Guest gordon russell

JT was he the lad that played the shrine stuff as well as a lot of unknowns if so he,s got my vote too.

Guest gordon russell

what a great, great weekend from start to finish.

NO frills no rubbish just great peolpe enjoying super soul. BUTCH awesome as ever so was KEITH MONEY. all the other dj,s did great spots as well.

glad to here me old pal CLIFF STEELE gave a good account of himself in the modern room.

this is how a weekender should be MAIN ROOM. MODERN ROOM and RECORD BAR no bloody market stalls selling NORTHERN SOUL duvet covers wallpaper and soft furnishings.

ADY, FOOKIN BRILL if its this good after the time you,ve just had,roll on next year.

I thought paddy grady was going, did,nt see him there did he have to cancel at the last minute due to family matters?.

Or was he never gonna be there :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest matt tees

Thanx to Sean Chapman for the Firestones,

......OH yes top tune..

anybody got one for sale? how much does it go for these days?

Dukesy, books at £200, sold it for £125!

Top effort Ady! Brilliant weekend as far as I was concerned :thumbsup:

There's so much going on that the monkeys on the sound system are but a minor detail.

I enjoyed everything I heard upstairs, both nights, even if it was a little warm.

Good atmosphere in the main room, H P Barnum impressed, but what was Brady's idea playing those mid tempo tunes in the set before the acts came on??? :thumbsup:

As has been said by others, some of the best music came from less acclaimed names throughout the weekend.

Whole thing was rounded off by top company in the caravan.. thanks Rowly, for the berth! :thumbsup:

Guest thenorwichdancer

what can i say...? my first soul weekender and most definately not the last :thumbsup: thankyou to all those wonderful people who made me feel like part of the gang.

andy et all - consistently excellent sets in the RnB room :thumbsup:

this was great little room to be in and deserves to be there just as much as any modern room...it may not be northern but it's got SOUL and isnt that the whole point??

sunday night was the high point for me musically and atmospherically; it will stay with me for a long time. and the Irish...god i love the Irish - shane, i'll be expecting an invite in for coffee next time !!! i cant wait to see you all again next year. xxx

Guest Ollie Lailey

Blinding weekend all round! Great time had. My feet are in a total state, so i've borrowed my mums foot spa.

Really great company, nice to meet James Trouble, Dave and Co back a Rowlys caravan, thanks for your hospitaity!

Also cheers to Andy BB for your generosity! And Ady lupton for your excellent driving skills! what a weekend, cant wait till next year!

Guest Ranger

It's all been said really. This is a unique weekender, many thanks to Ady for organising it and long may it continue. Sounds like you'll be busy for the next few days opening deposit envelopes.

Extra thanks to the young lady behind the bar in the modern room that used the Paris Hilton method to open a bottle of port. She seemed totally unaware of the effect she was having on a number of slightly tipsy middle aged men, and several had to rush back to their vans for a cold shower. :thumbsup:

Kev

Source Advert