Ebay Warming ! Watch Out Guys

Guest Funk-addict

Guest Funk-addict

Hi Soul & Funky guys,

Just a quick note to warn you about what's happening on the ebay platform.

Apparently a French time-waster is trying to rip people off as he's just put up for a sale an amazing batch of rare records only.

The set sale goes from Pike 12" to Solid Gold revue LP !

That guy is jocking, isn't he ???? He's put more than $30000 records worth in the same batch using soul and funk musicc related label scans !

You can easily recognize him as he's the one with solid stuff only !

He doesn't even have one of those records for sale, so be carefull about that and try to spread this message around you so that nobody would loose his money in this fake market !

Make sure you don't take part to his fake auctions otherwise you will be loosing what you've worked for and you won't receive any of those great records !

Try to forward this message to other collectors.

Best wishes.

Social source share

• Replies 39
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Soul & Funky guys,

Apparently a French time-waster is trying to rip people off as he's just put up for a sale an amazing batch of rare records only.

That guy is jocking, isn't he ???? He's put more than $30000 records worth in the same batch using soul and funk musicc related label scans !

He doesn't even have one of those records for sale, so be carefull about that and try to spread this message around you so that nobody would loose his money in this fake market !

Make sure you don't take part to his fake auctions otherwise you will be loosing what you've worked for and you won't receive any of those great records !

Best wishes.

Could you give us the reason why you think sellers pulling a fast one?

I`m watching a few things off this sellers list.

Social source share

Hi Soul & Funky guys,

Best wishes.

I'd like to know too as I'm watching some.

Why do you believe this is 'fake'??

Social source share

Looks kosher to me ,maybe he does'nt want others bidding on his wantswicked.gif

That said ,when i checked his feedback as a seller and tried to look at his recent sales ...listing has been removed ???

all the pics look like theyve been taken with same camera ,rather than robbed from popsike

Nothing of interest to me but i hope if he is bogus ,no one on here gets taken for a ride.

Good luck Wayne thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Funk-addict

That is obvious guys !!!!

How can a true & reliable ebay seller use other collectors scan to sell his records ?

In addition to that, didn't you see that he doesn't make any effort to describe any of the records he sells ?

He just put them up and writes record is VG++, I only accept paypal. That's all he comes up with.

And how the hell somebody can put all those BIG SOLID RECORDS for a 3 days auction only !!! Come on guys, wake-up !!!

That is total nonsense !

If you guys have such similar big records for sale, would you put them for sale on ebay like he does ?

I just wanted to warn you so that you wouldn't be ripped off. Then it's all up to you.

Spread this message.

Sonner or later, you will ear people around you have been victim of this ebay swindle.

Funk-addict

Social source share

That is obvious guys !!!!

How can a true & reliable ebay seller use other collectors scan to sell his records ?

In addition to that, didn't you see that he doesn't make any effort to describe any of the records he sells ?

He just put them up and writes record is VG++, I only accept paypal. That's all he comes up with.

And how the hell somebody can put all those BIG SOLID RECORDS for a 3 days auction only !!! Come on guys, wake-up !!!

That is total nonsense !

If you guys have such similar big records for sale, would you put them for sale on ebay like he does ?

I just wanted to warn you so that you wouldn't be ripped off. Then it's all up to you.

Spread this message.

Sonner or later, you will ear people around you have been victim of this ebay swindle.

Funk-addict

Do you know for certain, because all your reasons above seem a bit speculative.I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more proof.I have bought from this guy in the past without problem. That, of course doesn't mean he's not pulling a fast one, but it's very easy to bad mouth someone and wreck his auction if you're so inclined.

Social source share

Pictures look ok to me.

Just because someone puts tunes up for a quick auction doesnt mean he's a fake, he might just need quick sales.

Granted, he could be pulling a fast one, but so could anyone on ebay.

I think if people have dealt with the guy before, and his feedback is kosher, thats no reason to distrust the seller, on what can only be labelled as hear-say.

Wont be bidding anyway, but just thought i'd throw my 2pence worth in.

Social source share

Funk-addict

'Allo 'allo Funk Addict.

I can't be ar$ed to look at this guys listings, but....without something more to go on I'm afraid your rant over this French seller won't be taken

seriously.

In fact, although your written English is pretty good (better than many on here,lol) you do come across as, well.....perhaps French? Do you see

this guy as local competition or do you know him personally?

Myself, were I interested, I'd sooner go by those on here who have bought from him previously.

Same thing goes for those I'd reserve records for.

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

This guy's being talked about elsewhere...

https://www.milliondo....php?f=4&t=1286

Speculative or not - his auctions look well dodgy.

Maybe, but the responses seem similar to those on here in that all but the original poster seems slightly confused.

I 'm probably barking up the wrong tree but maybe "freestylemaniac" on that site, and "funk-addict" on here, are one and the same whistling.gif

Only one person can answer the question I guess.

Social source share

Guest Funk-addict

Mr Kevinkent,

You're definitely barking the wrong tree as I'm not freestylemaniac. I didn't even notice he had left a post on the other forum.

I'm not here to fuel speculation on that ebay seller. On the contrary, i was was taking seriously everything you're saying on that topic guys I should have even have given him my support as I'm French myself.

What am I gonna get making a fake head up on here ? Nothing at all !!!

I've always been a true ebayer for years (actually since 2002) so I guess I'm not new in the game if you know what I mean.

I just find everything weird on this batch of records. I've never seen somebody selling his rare records the way that does. It sounds nonsense to me.

I might be mistaken and I wish I was but things seem to speak for themselves. I'm pretty he's figured everything out before starting theses auctions.

Anyway time will tell. I didn't come here to say to all of you not to take part to his auctions, I just wanted to catch everybody's attention on what's going on. Then it's all up to you.

If you go back into the modern soul and boogie ebay records history, I don't think you would find such a big solid batch of records like this particular one, wouldn't you ?

I also had a talk with Edwin (the guy that own the danceclassics.net website) and he does share my feeling on what's happening. Actually he contacted the ebay administration to tell thme the guy used many of his website label scans to advert the records he has up for sale.

I'm not from the paypal or the ebay police, I just wanted to let you know about that so that everybody makes up his mind.

Somebody said early on that the fact this guy only accepts paypal is a guarantee for the buyer's security. I agree with that. However, what about if that guy has created a fake banking related to a fake paypal account and if he withdraws the money he will get straightaway after getting paid ? How paypal and ebay will deal with this ?

Give it some thoughts.

Other point of views are more than welcome !

Funk-addict

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I hope the seller is kosher otherwise folks are gonna lose a lot of hard-earned.

If kosher will Mr Funk-addict be coming on here to offer a full public appology to the seller and to us? I doubt it somehow.

Summat stinks of auction wrecking to me.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Social source share

Mr Kevinkent,

You're definitely barking the wrong tree as I'm not freestylemaniac. I didn't even notice he had left a post on the other forum.

I'm not here to fuel speculation on that ebay seller. On the contrary, i was was taking seriously everything you're saying on that topic guys I should have even have given him my support as I'm French myself.

What am I gonna get making a fake head up on here ? Nothing at all !!!

I've always been a true ebayer for years (actually since 2002) so I guess I'm not new in the game if you know what I mean.

I just find everything weird on this batch of records. I've never seen somebody selling his rare records the way that does. It sounds nonsense to me.

I might be mistaken and I wish I was but things seem to speak for themselves. I'm pretty he's figured everything out before starting theses auctions.

Anyway time will tell. I didn't come here to say to all of you not to take part to his auctions, I just wanted to catch everybody's attention on what's going on. Then it's all up to you.

If you go back into the modern soul and boogie ebay records history, I don't think you would find such a big solid batch of records like this particular one, wouldn't you ?

I also had a talk with Edwin (the guy that own the danceclassics.net website) and he does share my feeling on what's happening. Actually he contacted the ebay administration to tell thme the guy used many of his website label scans to advert the records he has up for sale.

I'm not from the paypal or the ebay police, I just wanted to let you know about that so that everybody makes up his mind.

Somebody said early on that the fact this guy only accepts paypal is a guarantee for the buyer's security. I agree with that. However, what about if that guy has created a fake banking related to a fake paypal account and if he withdraws the money he will get straightaway after getting paid ? How paypal and ebay will deal with this ?

Give it some thoughts.

Other point of views are more than welcome !

Funk-addict

It's good of you to go to the trouble to warn people ,so for that i suppose people should be thankful thumbsup.gif

And as you say time will tell ...let's just hope for the good of rare record buyers ,(well those who buy off ebay)...your wrong .

Regarding the paypal thing ...i once payed someone $250 for a record that never arrived ,the scan turned out to belong to someone elses and guess what ...i never got a refund off paypal!

Quite simply ..paypal freezes accounts ..only when someone lodges a dispute...but my seller had cleared the account and was long gone before paypal could catch him.

Don't be fooled in thinking paypal is like a credit card ....who protect against fraud... paypal recover the money from the seller and that's how you get your funds back!

So this blows the theory of "if he's using paypal..your safe " outta the water

You bid ,you win ...you pay ...you wait for the record ...it does'nt arrive ....you send message asking "where's my record?" ...enough time for someone to clear paypal account into bank ...empty that account and be long gone yes.gif

good luck .....

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

It's good of you to go to the trouble to warn people ,so for that i suppose people should be thankful thumbsup.gif

And as you say time will tell ...let's just hope for the good of rare record buyers ,(well those who buy off ebay)...your wrong .

Regarding the paypal thing ...i once payed someone $250 for a record that never arrived ,the scan turned out to belong to someone elses and guess what ...i never got a refund off paypal!

Quite simply ..paypal freezes accounts ..only when someone lodges a dispute...but my seller had cleared the account and was long gone before paypal could catch him.

Don't be fooled in thinking paypal is like a credit card ....who protect against fraud... paypal recover the money from the seller and that's how you get your funds back!

So this blows the theory of "if he's using paypal..your safe " outta the water

You bid ,you win ...you pay ...you wait for the record ...it does'nt arrive ....you send message asking "where's my record?" ...enough time for someone to clear paypal account into bank ...empty that account and be long gone yes.gif

good luck .....

If your Paypal payment is funded by credit card you can do a chargeback through your card issuer

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Mr Kevinkent,

Funk-addict

Well, if you had only an honest intent to warn us, fair play to you because you've certainly bought it to our attention.

For the sake of those bidding I hope you are wrong

Like Arkwright says...."We'll j j j just have to wait and s see".

-Kev.

Social source share

Guest Funk-addict

You know what, if the seller is kosher, sure I will give more than a full public appolgy. I would beg his pardon because I would have misjudged him.

Why wouldn't I do it ??? I have no problem with acknowledging I would be wrong.

Tks to Mr Akwright who explained everything people should know about the paypal policy. You got it right and you explained it the best way it would.

That's exactly what I have pointed out.

How are the winning bidders gonna get refunded ?

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

You know what, if the seller is kosher, sure I will give more than a full public appolgy. I would beg his pardon because I would have misjudged him.

Why wouldn't I do it ??? I have no problem with acknowledging I would be wrong.

Tks to Mr Akwright who explained everything people should know about the paypal policy. You got it right and you explained it the best way it would.

That's exactly what I have pointed out.

How are the winning bidders gonna get refunded ?

If you are right then I will also give a full appology to yourself. However, I think if you're gonna warn everone that they are about to get ripped off you should have some evidence and not merely speculation or your gut feeling.

If you are right then you will have saved perhaps a lot of folks from being ripped off

There again, If the seller is kosher then through your actions you have potentially destroyed the seller's credibility, his good name (ie Ebay ID) and lost him hundreds or even thousands of pounds, dollars, Euros or whatever in bids.

It wasn't me that explained the Paypal thingy, it was Nev

Social source share

Well, if you had only an honest intent to warn us, fair play to you because you've certainly bought it to our attention.

For the sake of those bidding I hope you are wrong

Like Arkwright says...."We'll j j j just have to wait and s see".

-Kev.

Nah, actually NOT fair play at all.

To post such a strongly worded initial post and then in reply to me state "I may be mistaken..." and "I'm not trying to fuel speculation..." is a bit out of order IMO without something more concrete to go on. Her's what you said, remember....

"Apparently a French time-waster is trying to rip people off as he's just put up for a sale an amazing batch of rare records only.

Make sure you don't take part to his fake auctions otherwise you will be loosing what you've worked for and you won't receive any of those great records !"

Anyway, I'm getting involved in just the sort of thing that I try to refrain from on this site, so no more from me. no.gif

Kev.

Social source share

Guest Funk-addict

Allright guys,

Let's put it that way. I'm a very open-minded person and I'm ready to share points of views and reactions from collectors like me.

I have a nice suggestion for all of you that is gonna clear up everybody's mind.

Why don't you simply send him a question asking him for a actual scan of one of the record you're lusting after and let's see what he's gonna say (if he ever does lol).

I sent him a question for his own label scan of Ron Richardson 12" (as he used Mr Paul Philips') and for some unknown reasons he still didn't get back to you.

Give it a try yourselves and let's see if you are more lucky than I was.

Also Edwin tried and sent him a message for an other label scan and he still didn't get any answer.

So What does this seller aim at if not ripping off people ? He might remove all those records before the end of the auction because he will realise he actually doesn't own them, you never know.

Is he simply looking to make an ebay show ? I don't know ! Here again, I'm just asking myself and all of you at the same time in order to understand what's going on.

If this sounds ok for some of you, that's fine then.

Again time will tell.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Allright guys,

Let's put it that way. I'm a very open-minded person and I'm ready to share points of views and reactions from collectors like me.

I have a nice suggestion for all of you that is gonna clear up everybody's mind.

Why don't you simply send him a question asking him for a actual scan of one of the record you're lusting after and let's see what he's gonna say (if he ever does lol).

I sent him a question for his own label scan of Ron Richardson 12" (as he used Mr Paul Philips') and for some unknown reasons he still didn't get back to you.

Give it a try yourselves and let's see if you are more lucky than I was.

Also Edwin tried and sent him a message for an other label scan and he still didn't get any answer.

So What does this seller aim at if not ripping off people ? He might remove all those records before the end of the auction because he will realise he actually doesn't own them, you never know.

Is he simply looking to make an ebay show ? I don't know ! Here again, I'm just asking myself and all of you at the same time in order to understand what's going on.

If this sounds ok for some of you, that's fine then.

Again time will tell.

Two choices here, you're either right or wrong.

My opinion for what its worth (not a lot)

Seller has impeccable Ebay feedback.

He lists the type of material he both buys and sells. If seller wanted to con then he could pick any collectable genre of records he's not associated with, but why stop there he could scan and list rare books etc, in fact anything rare and collectable but he doesn't.

Seller can be found on www.cdandlp.com and www.groovecollector.com just google his Ebay ID to find him.

Although only a few he has perfect feedback on those sites and mails by registered post.

He has temporarily removed his listings on those sites as no doubt doesn't wish to get an order when he has the same item up for auction.

Like you I'm going by gut feeling and I'd guess he was kosher, but I may be wrong as like yourself I have no real evidence.

Social source share

I send seller a message requesting a run out on a lp(it`s been booted) but i do know what it should be.whistling.gif .Seller never got back to me which is why i backed out of bidding on another lp i was watchingtumbleweed3.gif .

Did anyone on here win of the items listed?Be interested to hear if this seller is kosher.

Social source share

Guest Funk-addict

Hi Everybody,

Any from you that have bought from him, please let us know if you manage to get any reply from him ???

If some of you still didn't send him the money, I highly suggest you not to.

As said from the beginning, I'd rather be mistaken on him than people get ripped off.

His record batch was the most suspicious one I've ever seen in my ebayer life.

Funk-addict

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dave Turner

Hi Everybody,

Any from you that have bought from him, please let us know if you manage to get any reply from him ???

If some of you still didn't send him the money, I highly suggest you not to.

As said from the beginning, I'd rather be mistaken on him than people get ripped off.

His record batch was the most suspicious one I've ever seen in my ebayer life.

Funk-addict

As stated in one of the above posts I said I'd appologise to yourself if what you claimed became fact.

Looking at seller's recent feedback it appears you may be right so my appologies for doubting what you were trying to alert us about.

Looks like a lot of folks may have got turned over. :ohmy:

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Funk-addict

Hi all,

Finally time has told !!!!! What i warned you about seems to have arisen. I wish i had been mistaken so that some people wouldn't have been ripped off but again, i'm glad i've done the right thing and to have enabled some people not to loose their money.

I don't need apologies here guys ! I just feel i've done what any decent guy would have done if he has seen something suspicious !

For all of you that haven't paid him, now you see you saved your money, your time and you avoided paypal drama.

Any comment on this is welcome.

All the best.

Funk-addict

Edited by Funk-addict
Social source share

Looking at this I'm amazed!!! Seems to me Funkaddict is giving a quite reasonable 'be a bit wary' heads up and all he seems to have received is abuse!

FA says clearly he knows the guy doesn't own any of the records.

I've seen similar warnings from dealers on this site about other ebayers etc with no more proven justification than FA has supplied (which seems pretty damn well reasoned to me) and yet they aren't bombarded with suggestions that their post is sower grapes or a sneaky way of knocking out the bidding competition.

On face value FA seems to have been trying hard to be helpful... And I now see from the last postings that the aforementioned suggested hooky ebayer has turned out to be exaclty that - are we now gonna see apologies delivered to FF with equal gusto?

Dave

Edited by DaveNPete
Social source share

Guest Funk-addict

Hi all,

Negative feedbacks are now raining on his rank ebay username !!! Check' em out ! He's now receiving negatives from all folks that thought they would get the records they've bidded for.

That's madness ! He's done one of the biggest shell game !!! I feel sorry for the people that are now in the paypal drama !!!

Let's hope they will get out of it.

Lucky are those that have considere my post seriously from the beginning !

All the best.

Funk-addict

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert