Promoters

I am offering my apology to you as an All – Nighter I have scheduled for next year clashes with yourself. This is after checking with a number of promoters and DJ's in an attempt to not clash with anyone, after seeing the clash I tried to find alternative dates at the venue to no avail.

Phil

then why promote an all-nighter on a given date when another established venue already booked? not having a go btw just curious as to the reasons you feel that another all-nighter is warranted/needed?Both venues will no doubt suffer because of this.

Social source share

• Replies 211
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I am offering my apology to you as an All – Nighter I have scheduled for next year clashes with yourself. This is after checking with a number of promoters and DJ's in an attempt to not clash with anyone, after seeing the clash I tried to find alternative dates at the venue to no avail.

Phil

You should cancel then whistling

Social source share

Guest Phil Armstrong

:thumbsup:...Oh well at least we have a nice public apology and we wont be accused of arranging our dates to diss you...:hatsoff2:

Good luck...:thumbsup:

Very magnanimous, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

The 2nd event which is a long way off should be on the 17th September 2011 which wont clash.

Will hopefully meet you at one of your nighters shortly.

Phil

Social source share

then why promote an all-nighter on a given date when another established venue already booked? not having a go btw just curious as to the reasons you feel that another all-nighter is warranted/needed?Both venues will no doubt suffer because of this.

Got to agree. You should either rearrange, or cancel.

Social source share

Guest Phil Armstrong

:thumbsup:...You may not recognise me as I am female (I think) and I also don't DJ...:hatsoff2:...:thumbsup:

Very sorry, I dont DJ either

Phil

Social source share

how many new niters have or are sceduled to start this year................??.........and how many niters have gone or come and gone this year................too many of both ................gotta be the multitude of weekenders takin the punters ........easy to take the mrs away to the seaside than drive home 3 to 5 hours down the motorway at 7 in the morning...............i know loads of folk in gloucester area who never travel to a soul nite or niter, over 20miles away , ........but save up to do at least 2 or 3 weekenders , inc abroad every year ..................look at lifeline since its move south ,..............barely a yorkshire accent apart from the promoters there nowadays........

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Going back to too many DJs.

Personally i don't think it's a problem. What is a problem is several DJs playing the same set (boots from the Top 500). I'd rather hear 50 original and varied sets than 10 all the same.

Lack of originality and variety from DJs is the problem (even the established names) not the number of DJs out there.

Less DJs won't improve the quality of sets in my opinion. More inventive DJs will. :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest Phil Armstrong

I'm aware that I put myself forward to be slated by offering a public apology to Rugby, though I'm sure this is exactly what was wanted by this thread.

Very valid point, there may not be another all- nighter needed/warrented, the paying public will decide this they always do and always will,

This originally was a one room 100% Classic Oldies All - Nighter with a 1,500 capacity and I dont know of many of these other than Stoke, Kings Hall 4 times a year, this event will be just twice a year at most.

At the time of confirming the date and then realising the clash I either rightly or wrongly felt that with this event being a 100% Classic Oldies that this would differ from the music policy at Rugby and not be such a clash after all.

I cannot now say this as the venue was pushing for me to use the second room and when securing DJ's the majority knew the venue and said you should make use of the 2nd room, which I have and this will be a similar music policy.

As i stated earlier I felt I did all I could to avoid clashes, bar cancelling the event which is now too far down the line to do so. I could of cancelled the event as soon as knowing about the clash as recommended on here only to find that in the intereim another 2 nighters could easilly be added on this date, not forgeting the date we are talking about is February 2011.

Phil

Social source share

Not sure if I should reply as I hardly ever go out to Soul nights anymore and never went to many niters either, just a few 100 clubs. I was a div in the 70's for about 2 years and then actually discovered the music in the 90's.

But anyway, surely this is a problem that will sort itself out?

Too many events and not enough paying customers = less events (unless promoters are happy losing money)

Niters originally grew as they fitted the licensing system, alcohol could only be served until 10.30 or 11 and even specially licensed venues couldn't open to the public after 2 am. A members only club that didn't require a supply of alcohol was seen by venue owners as second income stream. At the risk of being shot down; two examples of this are Wigan and The 100 Club - both opened their doors after an earlier event had kicked out.

With a different licensing system venue owners want something that starts early and either pays all night or finishes at a reasonable hour. But having said that, the current licensing laws make getting a venue for a niter much easier these days - hence more niters which start earlier.

The customer base for Northern Soul (rare soul, modern soul - call it what you like) has also changed. People are generally in their 50's and their lives are somewhat different and probably more complicated than when they were teenagers. There is still a small core of people who will travel to hear new music (although arguably their isn't much that's new these days) or specific DJ's, but the majority probably want something that is more sociable. Quite a lot just want a bit of nostalgia - to hear the tunes that raise the hairs on the back of their necks and that their feet know the words to. A lot of people can't or don't want to spend every weekend doing three soul nights two niters and a dayer because they have other things to do in their lives. There are those that want to and they have venues to choose from.

As for getting youngsters involved, I've given my opinion of this before. If youngsters embrace the music they will do it in their own way - they probably won't pay £1000+ for a 45 and (apart from the few children that turn up with their parents) they will not want to mix with a load of 50+'ers on a night out unless they get a kick out of seeing their grandparents off their face.

Another thing that has changed is the insistence on OVO - as far as I can make out this was never an issue in the 70's; new tunes were the thing - record collecting came after hearing new tunes. If someone found a new tune it would quite often be cut onto an emi disc and passed around to other DJ's to play in their sets to get a tune known. Other copies eventually surfaced and these were bought by record collecters. Most people's 70's record collections however consisted of bootlegs because vinyl was the medium of the day and the customers didn't know better and didn't care either.

So these things have completely changed the NS scene - availablity of venue, age of customer, difference of opinion on format. There are now so many events because it is quite easy to put an event on. Events cater to different sorts of customer wanting different things from a venue - new tunes, OVO, nostalgia, oldies, whatever. Everyone wants to be a DJ and guess what? They can be! Just get some records (buy your way into the OVO scene or drop a couple of ton on boots and pressings - depends on audience) and book a venue. Everyone can be a promoter too - book a venue then book some DJ's.

To be honest I'm not sure what the issue is here - if a night isn't what you want it to be then don't go - there's plenty of other nights to choose from and those that don't pay their way in the niche they have chosen will fold.

This isn't the first time that it has been suggested on here that a few people sort out "the scene" - truth is there isn't a "scene" any more - there are loads of different ones. "Northern Soul" is now a term that conjures up an image for many of the general public in the same way as the term "Rock and Roll" conjures up an image for me (quiffs, elvis, drapes and teddy boys). I think if I ever started up a night again (unlikely) I would ensure that the words "Northern Soul" didn't appear on the flyer.

So my point is, Northern Soul is now mainstream - and like every other musical genre there are too many clubs, too many different versions and opinions of what it is and also people now make a living out of it.

You are not going to turn it back into what it was (or think it was) and nobody is going to be in charge and tell people what they can and can't do. You just have to accept it for what it is and pick the bit of it that you want to go with and enjoy it.

Cheers

Paul

Excellent Post

Social source share

Very sorry, I dont DJ either

Phil

I did guess that from a post on another thread...wink.gif

I've got to admit when I first saw your post I thought "Oh no, not another one starting."

That must be 4 anounced this month and in this climate they must be mad but the point is, however hard a pill it is to swallow, you and anyone else who wants to give it a go, are perfectly entitled to do so.

This is why I wished you good luck because you may need it.

When we first started, we were, in the main, treated very well by other promoters (altho things weren't so busy then) and I would like to think that I would treat people the same way.

Did you not think to look on the all-niter planner when you picked the date?

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

What is also a big problem .........all these dj,s will only attend venues (and thats ANY venue ) if they are djing. they never see themselves as fans of soul music and just go along to a venue and enjoy emselves,there are a few that do,but an awful lot who don,t T

Social source share

What is also a big problem .........all these dj,s will only attend venues (and thats ANY venue ) if they are djing. they never see themselves as fans of soul music and just go along to a venue and enjoy emselves,there are a few that do,but an awful lot who don,t T

208.gif to a degree...

I was out last weekend no dj, this Friday no dj, next Sat no dj the week after no dj, the Torch Reunion no dj... wink.gif

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

the cake is of a good size but there are too many cooks thinking they have the right ingredients with not enough hungry mouths to feed, will some of the cooks dissapear before the hungry mouths do ??

most of the cooks cant cook and shouldnt cook anyway and half of the hungry mouths will soon get bored eating the same thing all the time and those that wont be able to cook anymore wont bother cooking or eating cos there aint nothing in it for them, those that cook for the love of it will keep on cooking cos they love it and are willing to share their cake even if their aint nothing in it for them, me i take me cake as and when im hungry but the cake i like is the one served up by those that can cook but change the ingredients so i just cant wait to see what on the menu the next time,

see you can have your cake and eat it biggrin.gif

Social source share

the cake is of a good size but there are too many cooks thinking they have the right ingredients with not enough hungry mouths to feed, will some of the cooks dissapear before the hungry mouths do ??

most of the cooks cant cook and shouldnt cook anyway and half of the hungry mouths will soon get bored eating the same thing all the time and those that wont be able to cook anymore wont bother cooking or eating cos there aint nothing in it for them, those that cook for the love of it will keep on cooking cos they love it and are willing to share their cake even if their aint nothing in it for them, me i take me cake as and when im hungry but the cake i like is the one served up by those that can cook but change the ingredients so i just cant wait to see what on the menu the next time,

see you can have your cake and eat it :thumbsup:

Funny post but now I'm orf to get some food...laugh.gif

Social source share

I'm aware that I put myself forward to be slated by offering a public apology to Rugby, though I'm sure this is exactly what was wanted by this thread.

Very valid point, there may not be another all- nighter needed/warrented, the paying public will decide this they always do and always will,

This originally was a one room 100% Classic Oldies All - Nighter with a 1,500 capacity and I dont know of many of these other than Stoke, Kings Hall 4 times a year, this event will be just twice a year at most.

At the time of confirming the date and then realising the clash I either rightly or wrongly felt that with this event being a 100% Classic Oldies that this would differ from the music policy at Rugby and not be such a clash after all.

I cannot now say this as the venue was pushing for me to use the second room and when securing DJ's the majority knew the venue and said you should make use of the 2nd room, which I have and this will be a similar music policy.

As i stated earlier I felt I did all I could to avoid clashes, bar cancelling the event which is now too far down the line to do so. I could of cancelled the event as soon as knowing about the clash as recommended on here only to find that in the intereim another 2 nighters could easilly be added on this date, not forgeting the date we are talking about is February 2011.

Phil

Phil

I notice from your website it isnt just one new nighter you are starting which I take it is Derby next february but also several soul nights across the north and midlands

This includes The Winding Wheel in Chesterfield, The Forum at Barrow plus others to be announced in Loughborough and Warrington

This must imply you have no local knowledge of the events in these areas or of the demand for new nights

So have you done any research to select these areas or arent you interested in what established soul nights already exist as you will be offering will be better or dont you give a fxck either way?

By the way there are established nights in all of these areas !

Im just interested that when many clubs are struggling you think its the right time to start 5 new disparate venues, just seems strange to me

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Phil

This topic isn't here to slate promoters, it is here to try and make sense of what is happening on today's all-nighter scene, to try and get promoters to work with each other or at least show some respect for what others are doing. I was curious what your reasons were for promoting Derby Assembly Rooms on the same night as another long established all-nighter less than an hours drive away?

Sorry but I don't think you have done all you could to avoid the clash. It isn't rocket science. Rugby been running years, it's dates are in the calendar and nighter planner months in advance yet you still feel it warrant another all-nighter less than an hours drive away??? To say the crowd will vote with their feet is an insult to your fellow promoters, they shouldn't be put in that position. Did you know Rugby was on the same night befoer you booked the venue in Derby? It would appear you didn't or if you did you didn't care?

Also to say you are after a different or catering for a different crowd is absolute rubbish. We are all after the same punters irrespective how you label the music on offer, it's stiil rare/northern soul however you wish to tag it. Oldies as you put them are well catered for at the majority of all-nighters including Rugby.

This is everything that is wrong with the scene today and the reason why this topic was brought about. This simply highlights the fact that some will do as they please with little regard to what is on the same night, and in this case in the same sort of area. Don't worry you are not alone as this last week alone another promoter has done exactly the same and I can think of at least two others who are doing the same later in the year.

As I said earlier with a little thought there is room for everyone but too many still plough ahead with little regard for the consequences their actions impact on fellow promoters.

Social source share

if .............. i repeat "if "............... its a purely business venture , 5 or 6 venues starting up in short order suggest this to me., .......then firstly re couping outlay ,then a profit is no 1 ..............not affecting others attendances will be have to be secondary wont it ?? , ezzie .. ps sorry ...............im refering to the new promotions discussed by longy..........

Edited by ezzie brown
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Very magnanimous, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

The 2nd event which is a long way off should be on the 17th September 2011 which wont clash.

Will hopefully meet you at one of your nighters shortly.

Phil

Sian a gentleman :lol: she is a Ladeee dont you know :yes:

seriously, if you dont know about Rugby and never been and you only live an hour away and you didnt know Sian was a ladee just where have you been the last 7 years :lol:

Social source share

see you can have your cake and eat it :lol:

dont know about funny.......its FUNNY, INTELLECTUALLY TONGUE TWISTING AND STICK THE KNIFE IN - SARCASTICALLY BRILLIANT!!

Social source share

Guest kelvinx

Another point to consider from a punters view...

PROMOTERS PLEASE TAKE NOTE

When 2 events clash plenty of punters fear numbers will be low at both.Instead of going to one or the other they dont go to either...

Social source share

see you can have your cake and eat it :lol:

Take note everybody!!

This is how to take the piss but also get across a good point...........funny as fook!!

Social source share

This topic isn't here to slate promoters, it is here to try and make sense of what is happening on today's all-nighter scene, to try and get promoters to work with each other or at least show some respect for what others are doing. I was curious what your reasons were for promoting Derby Assembly Rooms on the same night as another long established all-nighter less than an hours drive away?

Sorry but I don't think you have done all you could to avoid the clash. It isn't rocket science. Rugby been running years, it's dates are in the calendar and nighter planner months in advance yet you still feel it warrant another all-nighter less than an hours drive away??? To say the crowd will vote with their feet is an insult to your fellow promoters, they shouldn't be put in that position. Did you know Rugby was on the same night befoer you booked the venue in Derby? It would appear you didn't or if you did you didn't care?

Also to say you are after a different or catering for a different crowd is absolute rubbish. We are all after the same punters irrespective how you label the music on offer, it's stiil rare/northern soul however you wish to tag it. Oldies as you put them are well catered for at the majority of all-nighters including Rugby.

This is everything that is wrong with the scene today and the reason why this topic was brought about. This simply highlights the fact that some will do as they please with little regard to what is on the same night, and in this case in the same sort of area. Don't worry you are not alone as this last week alone another promoter has done exactly the same and I can think of at least two others who are doing the same later in the year.

As I said earlier with a little thought there is room for everyone but too many still plough ahead with little regard for the consequences their actions impact on fellow promoters.

Oh err hang on a min.

Everybody on here knows my views on what a nighter should and should not be, but i dont ever remember anyone having problems in the eighties with clashing venues, you made your choice you paid your money and everybody was happy.

The problem today is not enough punters and the "scene" (dont make me laugh) is far more divided now than it has ever been as to what music policy should and should not be heard.

Now i have not known Sian for too long but since i have we have had face to face frank chitty chats and i for one cant fault her for sticking to her guns and NOT being bullied into changing Rugbys music policy but and here is my point DERBY FUCKING ASSEMBLY ROOMS When When When is it on, this place kicked ass BITD it was awesome and now to hear its back on and oldies only.......OMG!! fantastic.

Now without the choice i would have gone to rugby.......because i like it, but given the choice then it has to be Derby for me as it suits MY music taste....what is wrong with that??

It would be like sayin its either Rugby or Kings Hall next Sat..............No contest imho...........but others will say top 500 shite over played oldies.........its a choice thing.......simple.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Now without the choice i would have gone to rugby.......because i like it, but given the choice then it has to be Derby for me as it suits MY music taste....what is wrong with that??

very valid point Daz :lol:

thats the problem though, what happens if the following week there was nothing on that even remotely suited your taste ??

Social source share

Nice to have the choice then.

Let's suppose both suffer poor attendances and neither fare well in regards a lack of atmosphere and a substantial financial loss due to costs.

Suppose both promoters decide to call it a day after the clash cus they don't fancy the risk of losing another sh*tload of money in the future.....consider the possibility that you might not have the choice of either venue again in the future?

Of course there should be plenty to choose from the allnighter calender...just not necessarily on the same night within close proximity of each other.

As for promoters who suddenly set up new nighters clashing with other established events because 'those were the only dates available'....funny how them dates never seem to be on the same nights as the likes of Stoke Kings Hall / March Prestatyn etc...probably cus you know you'd be on a major loser and dare not risk letting the possible attendees choose with their feet in that scenario eh?

A great quote from recent years is that "venues don't clash, promoters do", and if there is no other dates available at the venue without causing a damaging clash, then the promoter still has a easy choice........just so happens that certain promoters can never seem to opt for the simplest decision of not booking that date!

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Phil

Hope it all goes well for you Bob Phil

Social source share

Hope it all goes well for you Bob Phil

:lol:...I just looked at that old thread with Bog Bob doing a bit of research.

Quite good at it myself, found his company web-site...:lol:

https://www.bookemdanno.com/index.asp

Comes from County Durham...Suzanne/Carole is that you...:yes:

maybe he saw a niche in the market...:lol:

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Steve- I think you will find this 'promoter' has no thought pattern or respect for any other operator.

He attempted to book our Kings Hall Stoke DJs for a night he decided to clash with.

Kev

I think he's trying to steal your crown Kev. Looks a very professional operation from his website.

https://www.soulovereasy.co.uk/

Stepford Northern Soul anyone? :(

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Im just interested that when many clubs are struggling you think its the right time to start 5 new disparate venues, just seems strange to me

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

From the look of the two websites i'd say this is a professional promoter looking to make a fast buck by running a few venues. Has this guy even posted up an introduction mods?

Tescos comes to mind (no offence Mark).

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

it would be nice to see promoters work together,. but there are 2 main days a week Friday and Saturday which will work as the days Northern soul is on

what if one night is on Friday and another comes on the next day, are they gonna have falling attendence. i think the fleet here started putting there nights on Saturdays as not to clash with other promoters.

i think distance has a lot to do with clashing nights, if there's a night of Northern soul in my town and i know it's gonna have an attendence i don't expect that in the same town another night. if another one was happening say down the road in Cambridge or Skegness i don't find that's near enough for a night here to be less attended. maybe the music policy might sort it out

i just go where i want to go and i do know some people who put on more then one night here all running various nights but if that's the case maybe less promoters and more events mean they can make sure they don't clash for there own events

Social source share

I think he's trying to steal your crown Kev. Looks a very professional operation from his website.

https://www.soulovereasy.co.uk/

Stepford Northern Soul anyone? :yes:

Indeed... high profile events from Phil and his mate Bob :(

A big glossy rival for goldsoul... :lol:

Some good points put forward on this thread..

Good luck to all you promoters.... Its a jungle out there....

Social source share

THE GOOD NEWS .............a new promoter is now here to provide all your weekrend soul entertainment nationwide and fil the yawning gap in your soul calender s ..:lol: .....reminds me of the arrival of the inter city soul club in the early /mid seventies..........when i jacked it all in :( .........ez

Social source share

I think it's pretty awful that promoters would willingly clash with an established venue.

That there is no other date available is not a good enough reason.

I've not been to Rugby for ages but they seem to have a pretty good thing going on there with a lot of satisfied punters.

Already somebody has said that they would go to the other venue even though they would normally go to Rugby.

I think it's a poor show I really do.

Social source share

Oh err hang on a min.

Everybody on here knows my views on what a nighter should and should not be, but i dont ever remember anyone having problems in the eighties with clashing venues, you made your choice you paid your money and everybody was happy.

The problem today is not enough punters and the "scene" (dont make me laugh) is far more divided now than it has ever been as to what music policy should and should not be heard.

Now i have not known Sian for too long but since i have we have had face to face frank chitty chats and i for one cant fault her for sticking to her guns and NOT being bullied into changing Rugbys music policy but and here is my point DERBY FUCKING ASSEMBLY ROOMS When When When is it on, this place kicked ass BITD it was awesome and now to hear its back on and oldies only.......OMG!! fantastic.

It would be like sayin its either Rugby or Kings Hall next Sat..............No contest imho...........but others will say top 500 shite over played oldies.........its a choice thing.......simple.

I don't know what you want, one minute you wanted a night on the lines of Stafford then it's oldies.

Regardless most peoples taste are already catered for.

There is room for other promoters but these new promoters should at least show a little decency and respect what is already happening. Bob/Phil has clearly shown he has little regard for what is going on less than an hour away by booking another all-nighter...the reasons why are what I am curious to find out and to see if this sort of thing can't be avoided for the greater good of the scene. He has shown the dsame lack of decency/respect on pther dates too b y the looks of it. BUT like I saod he isn't alone, "promoter" are still booking dates when they know full well they will have an effect not just on their own night but on another established venue. Why ffs? Do they have deep pockets and don't mind throwing money away? Do the DJ's do it for nothing, is the venue free? Do they mind Djing to 50 or 60 punters?

Social source share

Guest soulhitch1

When 2 events clash plenty of punters fear numbers will be low at both.Instead of going to one or the other they dont go to either... :thumbsup:

Top posting, Cuz its a fair old poke from Plymouth!!:lol:

Social source share

I don't know what you want, one minute you wanted a night on the lines of Stafford then it's oldies.

Regardless most peoples taste are already catered for.

There is room for other promoters but these new promoters should at least show a little decency and respect what is already happening. Bob/Phil has clearly shown he has little regard for what is going on less than an hour away by booking another all-nighter...the reasons why are what I am curious to find out and to see if this sort of thing can't be avoided for the greater good of the scene. He has shown the dsame lack of decency/respect on pther dates too b y the looks of it. BUT like I saod he isn't alone, "promoter" are still booking dates when they know full well they will have an effect not just on their own night but on another established venue. Why ffs? Do they have deep pockets and don't mind throwing money away? Do the DJ's do it for nothing, is the venue free? Do they mind Djing to 50 or 60 punters?

Maybe they think the cake is bigger than it really is.?

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

are Djs also part of the problem and not just Promoters, will any djs especially any on Soul Source actually dj for Bob/Phil if they know he is only in it to cash in with no respect for any other promoters, i certainly wouldnt (not that i would ever be asked int he first place :thumbsup: ) If all you respectable Promoters got together and had an agreement where djs who djd for the likes of Bob/Phil (can we just call it Phib) then would not get asked to dj for you lot again, would and coould that work or is the pull of djn too much even for some promoters ??

Social source share

Stevie,

I think my crown got damaged awhile back. The missus packs a mean punch :thumbsup:

As for the 'new kid on the block' and Bob...who's he? Sounds like a Vic Reeves double act :D

All I can say is, regardless of what clashes this guy has, he has no concern for any relationship between long standing promoters and DJs.

He attempted to book my Stoke Kings Hall jocks for Oct 2 for a Chesterfield gig, knowing full well we are on the same night. In fact he then went to Blackburn to try and entice my partner Richard Searling.

Rugby might not have him on the radar-BUT WE DO.

A suspicious man might assume that due to the Soulboy movie euphoria, a few new promoters are coming onto the scene. :thumbsup:

Wonder if they will still be here in a couple of years?

Right off to book my DJ's...if I still have any :lol:

People have short memories - the first Kings Hall 'Togetherness' Nighter clashed with Winsford, 2 of the DJ's that were spinning in the Modern Room at Winsford were also

booked for the Modern Room at KH.

BTW dont want to start anything, just pointing out that this situation of clashing aint nothing new.

Nothing changes, anyway who's for cake

Best Russ

Social source share

Guest Phil Armstrong

Phil

I notice from your website it isnt just one new nighter you are starting which I take it is Derby next february but also several soul nights across the north and midlands

This includes The Winding Wheel in Chesterfield, The Forum at Barrow plus others to be announced in Loughborough and Warrington

This must imply you have no local knowledge of the events in these areas or of the demand for new nights

So have you done any research to select these areas or arent you interested in what established soul nights already exist as you will be offering will be better or dont you give a fxck either way?

By the way there are established nights in all of these areas !

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes the one all - nighter is Derby.

Barrow was supposed to be a co pro until the other party pulled out.

Warrington is the Parr Hall which was a moster soul venue years ago and this is a co pro.

Loughborough is The Town Hall, I've been to many nighters there in the past, no dates are fixed and this was always planned on being a co pro.

There is never a right time.

Cheers

Phil

Social source share

Guest Phil Armstrong

Hi Chalky,

I sincerely didnt want to clash with anyone but ended up clashing with Rugby, I publicly apologised on here and in an email to Sian and as you say this isnt the 1st time this has happened and I'm aware this doesnt make things any better.

Cheers

Phil

Social source share

Guest Phil Armstrong

Sian a gentleman :lol: she is a Ladeee dont you know :D

seriously, if you dont know about Rugby and never been and you only live an hour away and you didnt know Sian was a ladee just where have you been the last 7 years :thumbsup:

Hi Bearsy,

The North East is more than an hours distance.

Cheers

Phil

Social source share

Guest Phil Armstrong

Hi Steve,

From the look of the two websites i'd say this is a professional promoter looking to make a fast buck by running a few venues. Has this guy even posted up an introduction mods?

Tescos comes to mind (no offence Mark).

Hi Matt,

My day job is booking other peoples shows into theatres,hence www.bookemdanno.com I'm not a promoter of these shows.

Cheers

Phil

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert