Mrtag

• Replies 58
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

strange as they have been bying all the spare land a lake and a big pub close to there southport site. may be thats why lol

Pontins were stuck in the 1960s, which is fine for Northern Soul fans but they just couldn't compete with Spain or

Center Parks, life goes on................................:huh:

Social source share

strange as they have been bying all the spare land a lake and a big pub close to there southport site. may be thats why lol

Hi Paul, Pontins should never have let Blackpool Go! ! They knew how successful the weekender was at Prestatyn So Why Not Try a full week at Blackpool in July (or Whenever) as there are plenty of things to do off site during the day/night if people wanted a change. Plus they know that almost every chalet is full for the weekender if you have a quiet site and this sort of information to hand Then USE It bad managment not very forward thinking! ! marketing team needs a revamp IMHO. Atb John. :lol::huh:

Social source share

Waterstones went into admin around a year ago and are still trading :huh:

Positive thinking :lol:

Do you mean Borders?

Waterstones is not in administration - it's part of the HMV group and although struggling as a lot of retailers are, is still very much alive.

Social source share

Do you mean Borders?

Waterstones is not in administration - it's part of the HMV group and although struggling as a lot of retailers are, is still very much alive.

I stand corrected. I knew it was a book shop Mauridia_02.gif

Social source share

Hi Paul, Pontins should never have let Blackpool Go! ! They knew how successful the weekender was at Prestatyn So Why Not Try a full week at Blackpool in July (or Whenever) as there are plenty of things to do off site during the day/night if people wanted a change. Plus they know that almost every chalet is full for the weekender if you have a quiet site and this sort of information to hand Then USE It bad managment not very forward thinking! ! marketing team needs a revamp IMHO. Atb John. :lol::huh:

It's a thought, but it would take alot more than a few weekenders or even 'Soul Weekers' to save them and to be honest a whole week at Pontins!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Do you mind?l spent most of my teenage years there at Prestatyn,long before the off-set of weekenders and had a flippin' great time.... :thumbsup::yes:

No I don't mind. Those chalets probably haven't been touched by a decorator or refurbished since those days either. Maybe if they were a bit more modern with clean weather proof accomadation, not the grotty, damp bug infested chalets you get now, then maybe people would be prepared to holiday here? Would you take kids there now if they were ten/eleven twelve years old? I wouldn't!

Social source share

Might be an idea for the Prestatyn organisers (Mark Coddington & John Poole) who are both site members to come on here & let fellow site members know what is happening as quite a few of you have already paid for next years event.

Even a 'don't know ourselves' will be better than nothing at all.

At least it will let folks know what (if anything) is happening.

Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

After a gloriously warm night in your compact chalet, with all the mod cons, its down to the pool, to keep a close eye on the girls thumbsup.gif

post-9749-0-18250600-1289742920_thumb.jp

I used to wear high waister baggies but high waister trunks ? laugh.gif

Social source share

No I don't mind. Those chalets probably haven't been touched by a decorator or refurbished since those days either. Maybe if they were a bit more modern with clean weather proof accomadation, not the grotty, damp bug infested chalets you get now, then maybe people would be prepared to holiday here? Would you take kids there now if they were ten/eleven twelve years old? I wouldn't!

Haven't been myself but when I see photos I'm shocked.............check out these Tripadvisor reviews, what a hoot...:thumbsup:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g551989-d625803-Reviews-Pontin_s_Prestatyn_Sands_Centre-Prestatyn_Denbighshire_North_Wales_Wales.html

Love the remarks like :

"was not worth the petrol money! waste of time travelling."

"Would rather eat dog mess"

"RUN , Run , Run for your life!!"

"disgusting disgusting disgusting"

Here are some snaps taken by (un)satisfied customers ..................

Rust is optional

post-4408-0-28764100-1289745326_thumb.jp

Ironing the carpet, that's a new one to me !!

post-4408-0-61887300-1289745363_thumb.jp

A bathroom with a birdsnest, fresh eggs for breakfast ?

post-4408-0-47622600-1289745403_thumb.jp

Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

I have a SPARE pair, complete with simulated belt, mint still boxed, pm me your adress n i`ll send you them, they also come complete with a free splash guard for your pipethumbsup.gif

Kind offer Sonbert, I'll pass though mate !

Not sure I've got the balls to get away with wearing them.. Hold on, maybe I'll rephrase that, maybe not the guts to wear them.. actually maybe to much gut(s) !!

The splash guard may not be permitted in some swimming pools.. Health and Safety !!

Mind you, here in France you are not allowed in some public pools if you Don't wear speedo's...ohmy.gif

Perverse and offensive to women (and some men ) of a sensitive nature !! LOL

Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

Haven't been myself but when I see photos I'm shocked.............check out these Tripadvisor reviews, what a hoot...:thumbsup:

https://www.tripadvis...ales_Wales.html

Love the remarks like :

"Would rather eat dog mess" ( Thought the burgers were OK really..)

Rust is optional

Makes my old council flat in East Ham look like a Mayfair apartment !

I'll be back next year though.. Only ever see the chalets for brief sleep and tepid baths anyway.. The toasters work fine though its advisable not to hide things of value in them... Poor old Mick H had a misfortune a couple of years back. !!

Part of the entertainment really ; the levels of luxury !

Edited by Lobster Madras
Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

laugh.gif you'd need more than a shilling, that would probably just about turn the light on then you'd have to put another shilling in. The meters in those chalets eat money ph34r.gif

I think the whole of Prestatyn was running off our meter in our Chalet last month.

Stu.

Social source share

Oh! Come On Chalky There Not That Good ! ! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Social source share

Haven't been myself but when I see photos I'm shocked.............check out these Tripadvisor reviews, what a hoot...:ohmy:

Love the remarks like :

Rust is optional

The Iron Was Probabley put there to hold the carpet down when the wind blew ! ! :ohmy: :ohmy:

Social source share

Haven't been myself but when I see photos I'm shocked.............check out these Tripadvisor reviews, what a hoot...:ohmy:

Love the remarks like :

Rust is optional

Last week we stayed in the Swallow Hotal in Preston.

We where there for the Mecca Reunion, and our room and the room next door both had iron marks in carpet.:thumbsup:

Thing was they where both in the place as well.:sweatingbullets:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert