Bad News

Guest hammy

Hi folks

Not easy to say this but due to a a serious change in my personal circumstances, I'm taking a (probably permanent) break from the scene.

Will be selling up too so expect to see a list of records for sale. Just want to get as far away as possible at the moment as I am heartbroken and in no fit state to continue.

I'd like to thank all the great folks I've met over the years - especially my closest pals. Feels so weird to be saying this. All good things must come to an end - and to think just last night I was having such a great laugh.

I'd just like to say accentuate the positive in life. It's too short. Far too short for negativity and hate. Live for life and live for soul.

Thinking of you all

Hammy

Social source share

• Replies 38
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi folks

Not easy to say this but due to a a serious change in my personal circumstances, I'm taking a (probably permanent) break from the scene.

Will be selling up too so expect to see a list of records for sale. Just want to get as far away as possible at the moment as I am heartbroken and in no fit state to continue.

I'd like to thank all the great folks I've met over the years - especially my closest pals. Feels so weird to be saying this. All good things must come to an end - and to think just last night I was having such a great laugh.

I'd just like to say accentuate the positive in life. It's too short. Far too short for negativity and hate. Live for life and live for soul.

Thinking of you all

Hammy

link

I have tried three times this morning to reply to your very sad post, but for someone who most people say has too much to say for herself, I am stumped.

I hope your life gets itself back on track and you come out the other side of what ever has hurt you so much with a smile.

I have never met you but we have had some written banter over the last 6 months and I know there are a lot of people on SS who will miss you.

Take care and remember we will all probably be here in our little virtual community we call soul source when you feel like coming back into the fold.

QoF

xx

Social source share

What the f*** is going on Hambo? thumbsup.gif

pm me for a verbal punch

Sent you an email mate..anything I can help with just ask. :lol:

If not I wish you all the best man :D

and please keep in touch but not after you win 3-0. :yes:

You will be missed by most on site apart from me and Tubbs.. :D

you may leave the scene but the music will never leave you.

:yes::yes::yes:

KTF

love the gasher :yes:

Edited by The Gasher
Social source share

Hi folks

Thinking of you all

Hammy

link

Sad news indeed, hope it all works out and we see you sometime soon.

To those who know Hammy I'm sure you'll all agree that a nicer bloke you'd never meet, a tremendous servant to the soul scene - especially in Scotland. It was Myself, Ali Duff, Hammy and Gary Marnie that started the Souler Power soul do's which went on to become very popular soul events, many top DJ's from all over the UK graced the decks and the last alldayer was fantastic. Come on soul people, let's get behind a good mate to us all and wish him well and wish him back.

David

Social source share

Hi folks

Thinking of you all

Hammy

link

Hammy,

what can I say mate, shocked, bewildered are the first two I can think of, we go back long time mate, right to the start of Souler Power in fact and Jan and I gave you 100% support, i'm not sure what's going on but please pm me if you need to talk, hope this is a knee jerk reaction and hope you will come back into the fold when your head clears a bit, until then, take care mate,

Lenny

Social source share

Very sorry to hear this news Hammy, as Chriseo has already wrote, this small tight community of ours is a genuine and friendly place( even though we all fall out now and then...just like a family), i for one will be sorry to see you leave this scene, always enjoyed your posts.......if you ever wanna' come down to Sheffield, Ponds Forge, the Vault Of Soul, then you'll always have a place at Team Franklin.....take care Hammy and be lucky.

Brett Franklin

Edited by Brett
Social source share

Guest the soulster
thumbsup.gif hey you probably don't remember me but we've chatted once. i left the niter scene in 1987 but still go to soul nites. this last year has been hell!!! my dad died in march, my mum is dying of cancer, my sister has cancer in remission and i've lost my job and am fighting for my redundancy. please never never give up as it's been some of my friends on the soul scene who have helped me cope and not do anything silly. if you want a chat e-mail me and i,ll try to help take care Mick
Social source share

So. you think you can get rid of me that easily big man. well MR HAMILTON whatever is eating away at you it is not too big to discuss with yer mates. Give me a call pronto and if there is anything and I do mean anything that I can do to help do not think twice about picking up the phone or email me and if I can help then by god I will. STAY SAFE BIG MAN. GET IN TOUCH

FRASER.

Social source share

Hi folks

Thinking of you all

Hammy

link

wots up ser,

andy dennison , was only telling me this morning wot a good set you played on sunday......pull yersel together, stick a right dear record up yer arse and everything will be okay tomorow.

all the best wot ever your plans.

lenny

Social source share

HI HAMMY, JUST READ YOUR POST AND WANTED TO SEND A FEW WORDS OF SUPPORT. WHATEVER TROUBLES YOU TODAY WE HOPE WILL NOT AFFECT YOU LONG TERM, ALL OF US DEAL WITH PROBLEMS IN OUR OWN WAY AND IF RETREATING FROM THE SCENE HELPS YOU, THEN THAT'S THE RIGHT PATH FOR YOU TO TAKE AT THIS TIME. TAKE CARE AND KEEP SAFE, MARIA AND CARL WILLINGHAM

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

HAMMY YOUR A GRAND FELLOW DON´T DO ANYTHING HASTY.

SORRY TO HEAR THIS NEWS' I´D JUST LIKE TO ECHO CARL & MARIAS´WORDS

NOTHING IS INSURMOUNTABLE AND THE PROBLEMS I´VE HAD THESE PAST YEARS BOTH PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY HAVE BEEN HELPED BY THE PERSEVERANCE OF GOOD FRIENDS . IF ALL YOU SEEK IS SOLITUDE RIGHT NOW ,WELL THAT´'S OK MATE BUT WHEN YOUR READY THERE´S PLENTY OF GOOD FOLKS LIKE YOURSELF ON HERE WHO WILL HELP.

ALL THE BEST TO YOU HAMMY

CHRIS ´N´CARLOS

Social source share

Fella, I don't know you but I do know tht music is a great healer. Sure, take a break from the scene, but why abandon a source of creativity and comfort?

Someone much wiser than I said that "Life never gives you anything you can't cope with." There's also a saying that goes "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

Keep on keepin on....

Best wishes

Colin

Social source share

I would also like to echo my thoughts on this.

When Randy died I too thought about giving up on the 'scene' too many memories but if it wasnt for some of the people and some who have been there for me more than others I would have expected to be, Im not sure where I would be now.

I dont really know you or your situation, but it must seem so bad at this moment in time for you to think this way. If you decide that this is the only (&/or best) course of action to take then I wish you good luck but think maybe a break might be the answer, I couldnt face going to places where I had been with Randy - too many memories - so I started going to different ones - but I still go back to the old ones now and again - because now I can smile at the good times not remember the bad.

It takes time so you cant push it, have to wait until YOU are ready.

The old cliche time is great healer is true, you never forget but you learn to live with things.

God I sound like Winnie!! x

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

I know everyone means well but wouldnt it be better if we all just wished Hammy all the best for the future.

I dont know his reasons but I feel people should just respect it.

Sorry I just think some of the replies on here are bizarre. I know you all mean well.

Good luck Hammy

Shane

Edited by ShaneH
Social source share

I know everyone means well but wouldnt it be better if we all just wished Hammy all the best for the future.

I dont know his reasons but I feel people should just respect it.

Sorry I just think some of the replies on here are bizarre. I know you all mean well.

Good luck Hammy

Shane

link

I know people who dropped off scene and werely solely missed! Then when they wanted back on ' scene' they found it hard to do!

Yes I think people were 'meaning well' but I think these replies were meant to try and give him hope with whatever he is going through. Sorry I dont think that is wrong, yes I agree, wish good luck, but sometimes when you are feeling low, it's good to know people care, no one has to take the advice given but it's nice to know people want to help in whatever way they can.

Social source share

Hi folks

Thinking of you all

Hammy

link

Hello

I don't know you either but wanted to point out ( or state the bleedin obvious.... whichever) that for every reply on here, there are probably loads of people reading this who, like me, don't know you but are wishing the best for you

Sarahx

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

I know people who dropped off scene and werely solely missed! Then when they wanted back on ' scene' they found it hard to do!

Yes I think people were 'meaning well' but I think these replies were meant to try and give him hope with whatever he is going through.  Sorry I dont think that is wrong, yes I agree, wish good luck, but sometimes when you are feeling low, it's good to know people care, no one has to take the advice given but it's nice to know people want to help in whatever way they can.

link

there is a better way of doing things though. Without knowing the cause of something how can you offer a solution?

If I was him I would just appreciate 'best wishes' - nothing else.

Thats my opinion but maybe I am wrong.

End of.

Shane

Social source share

Hi folks

Thinking of you all

Hammy

link

==========

Hi Hammy,

I just hope whatever the problem, it sorts itself out. You've got my e-mail addy if you'd like a chat etc.

Take care!

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Hi folks

Thinking of you all

Hammy

link

When the heart heals and the soul is free once more, those lovely vinyl records are hard to get back. Dont sell em keep em in a safe place til that time comes again. Cos I'm sure it will :shades:

Best Wishes

Social source share

Hi folks

Thinking of you all

Hammy

link

Hey good luck in all that you do fella! :shades:

Social source share

Hi Hammy, only met you once but already felt i "knew" you through SS. Hope your troubles are over soon.

All the very best for the future.

Its already been said but soul wont leave you & i hope when things get better you will return. :thumbsup::huh:

Garv.

Social source share

Hi folks

Thinking of you all

Hammy

link

So sorry to hear that mate, only made the trip up once to hear you but really enjoyed it. Its really sad your jacking it in, but you have reasons, which we all respect

farwell

Colin

Social source share

Guest 45s and 33s

Melv (nae PCs out in the sticks) asked me to pass this on ... Sorry to hear the Scottish Scene's losing a top DJ and a fantastic travelling partner. :shhh:

Social source share

Hi folks

Thinking of you all

Hammy

link

Keep on keepin' on mate :shhh:

Edited by jish
Social source share

Hammy no matter how bad or sad things seem there is always millions

worse off, personally over the years Ive been through some really bad times

give us a call anytime day or night or come down to our house for a few days

for a break your most welcome mate ............

Kind Regards Ian Cunliffe

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert