Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

Tin Hat time methinks , just had this belting out , think I've had this since the 70's

Lunar Funk - Mr. Penguin Pt.1

I'm sure I heard this played out ? or is it just in my front room - a bit of a Marmite record (I love marmite !!! :wink: _

Swifty :thumbsup:

A great track - i love it! (but i hate marmite! :P )

Social source share

Anyway's here's mine for today , just played it again and is probably my favourite of all time (well tonight it is) more my sort of pace now !

Robert Parker - I caught you in a lie - Nola

Big fav with me too Swifty, was a happy day when I got that demo for a tenner :thumbsup:

One of those tracks that proves "Crossover" aint about what year it was released for me, '67 wasn't it?

steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

One of many great track from the LP

Little Anthony "They Call Me The Joker"

Fantastic track! Randazzo magic for sure, and what an LP too! was told once that this track made it to 45? never ever found it Veep or UA.... does anyone know if it actually did get a 45 release?

steve

ps one of the picks of the thread for me! :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

One due on the doormat soon & will be getting some stick when it arrives.

Ruby Andrews-I Got A Bone To Pick With You ABC White Demo

Cheers

Martyn

Had this for about a year Martyn, it is a bit poppy but nice all the same, never got much reaction from the good people of Edinburgh after a couple of plays, bless, then again it wasn't played at Wigan was it... :D

Lenny

Social source share

Had this for about a year Martyn, it is a bit poppy but nice all the same, never got much reaction from the good people of Edinburgh after a couple of plays, bless, then again it wasn't played at Wigan was it... :D

Lenny

I reckon it's all a question of programming Lenny. It's a fantastic good time record that's totally infectious, sounds great loud and is sung by a Soul music heroine. What's to lose?

The last 3 times I've played this out it's been a floorpacker every time. Stick it on after Ila Vann You Made Me This Way" and it'll hold the floor beautifully!

Ian D :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Fantastic track! Randazzo magic for sure, and what an LP too! was told once that this track made it to 45? never ever found it Veep or UA.... does anyone know if it actually did get a 45 release?

steve

ps one of the picks of the thread for me! :thumbsup:

I have never seen this tune on a 45 ? I to would be interested to know if it did make it to that format ? Another from the LP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA0dI4hIB5g&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL99898968FE12964C

Social source share

not played the other side,have to dig it out,was released on a french ep as well

SS

It was released as a mail order give away from a Crisp company..........Frito-Lay Potato Chip company.

Hence it came out under the Capitol Creative Products banner.

Has a "Seekers" track (can't remember which one without digging it out) on the other side.

Didn't know it came out on an EP :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Cheap as cheap girly soul...Marvellous

Now that makes a change :no: just checked my collection 68.6% female.

I want one of these! Love the EMOTIONS from that period... :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

https://youtu.be/_u2PY7sbZek

absolutely adore this brilliant piece of soul music,still around for a fiverish,sounds a thousand dollars to me,quality

jason

TEMPREES...Had a white demo of it for years, agree, fabulous record, saw it got played at MAJESTIC SOUL in London earlier this year but should have been an enormous record...Oh well, still time.... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Double sider from me today.Drown My Heart is one of the best bits of Latin I've heard & still sounds as good now as the first time I ever heard it (if not better?).Another car fave for me & the boss.

David Coleman-Drown My Heart Barry

Foolish Heart isn't one that hits you straight away but once you've played it a couple times it'll get in your head & the one you'll find yourself whistling at work??

David Coleman - My Foolish Heart Barry

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share