Folks Enjoying Themselves On The Dancefloor

Davemac3

I think you will find I'm right, as usual, Alison :P

Oh christ, just seen this (after I'd posted) So it's definitely Rose then? 100% ??

If it is, Rose

I owe you a big apology Rose (& yes I know I owe you an apology Pete :rolleyes: ), but you looked slightly different then (only slightly) :thumbsup:

Sorry Pete :thumbsup:

Social source share

Winnie, im a dancer too not as good as i once was as i have trouble with the old legs .........but i too hear a decent record and im the first up full or empty dancefloor .......but i do know my limits :D

how do you know youre limits are not "div"ish. maybe he thinks he knows his limits.if we all thought we were up for scrutiny maybe nobody would dance for fear of negative feedback?

Social source share

how do you know youre limits are not "div"ish. maybe he thinks he knows his limits.if we all thought we were up for scrutiny maybe nobody would dance for fear of negative feedback?

Please read post 16 i didn`t say "div"ish the point i was making was if he is going to attempt to do all the acrobatics at least make sure you can pull them off :yes: I know for a fact my limits arn`t "div"ish as you so nicely put it :thumbsup: but then again this is mho only like the posts ive made :)

Correction to oneself post 24 i did say div I just felt cruel saying K**b again :wicked:

Edited by Julie Moore
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

:ohmy: Nick, how can you be so nasty about someone you haven't met, just by going on their dancing, or how they choose to spend their soul lives.

As life and time passes on - is it not proven by the soulfully educated that dancing is "lesser respected" and is some what held lower in the respectable pecking order these days. :yes: .

Social source share

I'm more of a lurker on SS than a regular contributor as my evidenced by my number of postings. Don't really take exception to much that's posted - varied opinions because we're all pretty varied folk. I do take exception to a conceited individual like Nick who determines what is a cool style of dance and what is 'div dancing'. I see dancers who I think are better than me and I see dancers who I think are worse than me. Does it bother me? Does it fcuk! Are they enjoying themselves? Am I enjoying myself? Does their manner of dance impinge on me and my enjoyment of the niter? The answers should be self-evident. Live and let live. Sad bugger (Nick, that is)

Social source share

Guest spudmurphy

the dancing is why the scene exists but having said that how each individual does it makes no differance at all, the idea of someone filming while your dancing flips my stomach if i went on youtube and saw myself wobbling about it would shatter all my illusions of what im thinking while up there and probably lead to a ebay advert for several pairs of well hammerd shoes.

Social source share

Guest chrislokeh

seems to be a lot of bitchie remarks .Just go out and enjoy youself

:ohmy: Nick, how can you be so nasty about someone you haven't met, just by going on their dancing, or how they choose to spend their soul lives.

Edited by chrislokeh
Social source share

Guest Marky Tee

Julie, as we both know dancing like that was so acceptabled by the "norman soul scene" 30 plus years earlier. So let's move forward and those's who still fashion these "inherited" moves for the sake of the "embarassing soul heritage" are complete fecking full on div's :yes:.

And I suppose blowing whistles is so hip eh? FFS Acceptabled? haha Edited by Marky Tee
Social source share

Guest Marky Tee

Lets just be glad people dont judge the manner in which we use english grammar eh Nick?
Social source share

Guest Marky Tee

I'm more of a lurker on SS than a regular contributor as my evidenced by my number of postings. Don't really take exception to much that's posted - varied opinions because we're all pretty varied folk. I do take exception to a conceited individual like Nick who determines what is a cool style of dance and what is 'div dancing'. I see dancers who I think are better than me and I see dancers who I think are worse than me. Does it bother me? Does it fcuk! Are they enjoying themselves? Am I enjoying myself? Does their manner of dance impinge on me and my enjoyment of the niter? The answers should be self-evident. Live and let live. Sad bugger (Nick, that is)

Nick frequently takes the moral high ground by slagging off Northern Soul and the "unenlightened" who did not make the "natural progression" into house music, whistles and all. Laugh I almost passed me fags round. Did I hear a whistle then?
Social source share

Thats how it should be done :thumbsup: I was questioning the cartwheels and stuff which he failed at miserably but this is great dancing :thumbsup:

She's good, totally lost in the music and an an emphasis on footwork, not showing off throwing yourself about totally "NOT" in rhythm to the music. Said it before I watch many of these doing acrobatics and wonder what they are dancing to.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Ipod dancer

I think if you stopped the music Rob they would carry one throwing themselves about as it is obvious they are never dancing to what is being currently played. I love watching the acrobats but it has to be in time to the breaks etc, spin where you are meant to spin.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

One of my fave clips, yellow shirt. She just gets better and better as the clip goes on.

What an awesome dancer! The dictionary definition of dancing is 'Moving the feet/body in time to music', and what I have a real problem with is the ridiculous and overly energetic acrobatics, whatever age the person performing them is. They are never in time to the music, so how can they be part of dancing. I get the feeling that many of the 'dancers' that practice these moves are frustrated gymnasts, and are waiting for people round the edge of the floor to hold up scorecards.

Social source share

Dancing is an expression of self....have seen many folk...who when they really feel it..go for it..and it is a joy to watch....i too luv acrobatic dancers..but again...i prefer if they are in sync with the music...nothing more glorious..than seeing a good dancer in full flow.....Delxxxxxx

Social source share

What an awesome dancer! The dictionary definition of dancing is 'Moving the feet/body in time to music', and what I have a real problem with is the ridiculous and overly energetic acrobatics, whatever age the person performing them is. They are never in time to the music, so how can they be part of dancing. I get the feeling that many of the 'dancers' that practice these moves are frustrated gymnasts, and are waiting for people round the edge of the floor to hold up scorecards.

Its not just me then :lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

brilliant!!! also quite fancy the bird near the bar with the white top and black skirt/dress on........ :P

What possesses people to wear those Hidious baggies ?

they were shite when we had to wear them

but to wear them 30 years later and by choice the guy must have issues LOL !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Dancing is an expression of self....have seen many folk...who when they really feel it..go for it..and it is a joy to watch....i too luv acrobatic dancers..but again...i prefer if they are in sync with the music...nothing more glorious..than seeing a good dancer in full flow.....Delxxxxxx

Totally agree Del :thumbsup: its the ones that totally mess up that Piss me off as my posts suggest :yes: nothing more :thumbsup:

see you at Ruggers for some light excersice on that great dancefloor :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

the dancing is why the scene exists !!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: So you pocketed diluded "oldies" lot do actually place your acrobatic dancing first and foremost :ohmy:. Thanks this clearly answers my earlier posts with such" truthfull justice".

Social source share

Totally agree Del :thumbsup: its the ones that totally mess up that Piss me off as my posts suggest :yes: nothing more :thumbsup:

see you at Ruggers for some light excersice on that great dancefloor :wicked:

absolutely darling .... :thumbsup: ......ha ha aaaa...xxxxxxx

Social source share

I think if you stopped the music Rob they would carry one throwing themselves about as it is obvious they are never dancing to what is being currently played. I love watching the acrobats but it has to be in time to the breaks etc, spin where you are meant to spin.

Indeed Chalky :thumbsup: 100%

a real good dancer is one that can interpret the various tempos played out there at venues and not just throw themselves with no other moves but it each to their own do what you wanna do and enjoy and its time those piss poor dance comps were junked :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

What possesses people to wear those Hidious baggies ?

they were shite when we had to wear them

but to wear them 30 years later and by choice the guy must have issues LOL !

I was going to ask this myself but you beat me to it, I've seen a few photos and videos of people wearing them. What is the matter with them? (by the way I did wear them myself back in the day).
Social source share

Think its what folk feel comfortable dancing in ...although prefer them to those fooking micro shorts and headbands that some wore in the 80s....now they were horrible!!!!!!....Del...xxxx

Social source share

:lol: :lol: :lol: So you pocketed diluded "oldies" lot do actually place your acrobatic dancing first and foremost :ohmy:. Thanks this clearly answers my earlier posts with such" truthfull justice".

Try reading the post, Paul said the dancing is the reason the scene exists, you added in the ''acrobatic'' for dramatic effect.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!