Call Me Old Fashioned - Call Me What Yer Like, But,

Peter99

I'd say the wailing sax thangs, are what tipifies the sound but there's a shed load of things described as tittyshakers that are distint from that. Lots of people use the term on bay to pass off duff R and B and popcorn but that doesnt mean that everything described as TS is crap either, so there!

Social source share

I'd say the wailing sax thangs, are what tipifies the sound but there's a shed load of things described as tittyshakers that are distint from that. Lots of people use the term on bay to pass off duff R and B and popcorn but that doesnt mean that everything described as TS is crap either, so there!

So, then, name us a good TS track and we can judge ourselves.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

What the fook is a tiity shaker? ohmy.png

Seen this descriptor being used more and more. Anyone?

I have to say I don't like it mesen.

thumbsup.gif

before (belgian) popcorn and R&B sadly had their rendezvous and where still two "scenes" of their own there was a venue in las vegas (late nineties) that used and as far as I am concerned originated the phrase "tittyshakers" to describe their sounds. I used to have a link to their website but have lost it ages ago and am not so sure it still is going on today. Anyway, from that time on (late nineties/start of the 2000s) you could watch the phrase being used more and more up until today where it has become another tag for a music genre some call new breed or R&B and others still call Popcorn. What may have helped to make the name so en vogue was the revival of the whole boheme savage and burlesque thing plus the widening of the tastes of some protagonists of the Rockabilly scene which brought both scenes closer to each other.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've posted this before but I think tittyshakers may have been around for a long time - in a F Scott Fitzgerald short story a woman is dancing frantically to a jazz tune and the result is described as " uptown , downtown , jelly on a plate "

I'm not being too serious by the way before anyone leaps in with definitions of Tshakers

Edited by manus
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

...........& here's me thinking it was category devised to cater for an over abundance of man boobs on the scene.

I vote for Tiberius :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2:

I first heard the name titty shaker when i was at a club in LA.. I quite like the term but let it stay the other side of the water.... We have more than enough terms to get our heads round...

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!