New Vinyl Recommendations

Guest uroffal

A friendly word of caution for anyone now in pursuit of this cracking disc and hopefully to save you some time in the process.

I followed the link to several stockists of Blue Note Authorised Dealers in the states and thought i'd hit gold as I found a number of the discs and some were offering free P&P for orders over $50 !! 

BUT after registering accounts and trying to pay I discovered all of those with discs DON'T SHIP OVERSEAS  :dash2:

Let the diggin' begin 

Social source share

It was legally released on the EU double LP of the expanded 'let's get it on' album in 2008 on Lilith records (LP 1 is the original album, LP 2 is all unreleased tracks inc the Willie Hutch tracks - we can make it baby, try it you'll like it, you are that special one, I'm gonna give you respect, plus 8 others

https://www.hhv.de/shop/de/artikel/marvin-gaye-let-s-get-it-on-133955

cheers Sutty

Edited by Sutty
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Has this had a mention on Soul Source?  Not new but the first legit release on vinyl(?), released in Canada only for RSD I would have expected this to garner interest.  I finally remembered to track one down.......

https://www.recordstoreday.com/Page/2294

Cheers,

Mark R

cheers Mark  :thumbsup:

this is the reason why i love this thread, that little something that you've missed, and someone brings it to your attention.

thanks again Mark

they are out there, just picked one up, mind you the P&P cost more than the record :facepalm: , oh well.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Mark i told you about it at Su.

I know mate......I was aware of it but kept forgetting to chase it down........as you say, thankfully you reminded me about it by mentioning it at SU and I made it my mission to bag one!!

I was just surprised that it didn't appear to be on the radar on here!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Edited by Mark R
Social source share

I'm not quite sure how an initial love for Northern Soul 30 years ago lead me to this, but I'm soooo glad that it did!!

Limited to 200 copies 3 pack vinyl LP..............fecking brilliant!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Edited by Mark R
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Love 'Where are you Going?", remember it was everywhere in the 9ts, I got it off some Modern soul CD, then again off a sampler from Blue and soul I think, some Black music mag, so was the expanded 'Lets Get it on" where  Where are you Going" first appeared?

Like to get it on its first issue...

Mal

Social source share

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00005LZT9?pc_redir=1404444603&robot_redir=1quote name="Mal C" post="2110929" timestamp="1405178809"]

Love 'Where are you Going?", remember it was everywhere in the 9ts, I got it off some Modern soul CD, then again off a sampler from Blue and soul I think, some Black music mag, so was the expanded 'Lets Get it on" where Where are you Going" first appeared?

Like to get it on its first issue...

Mal

Social source share

This is feckin' sensational. Both sides are crackers and the flip is perfect for today to play out.........."Got to get thru to you" wow wow wow 

Website says limited release, but doesn't say how many the run is limited too.
Dip ya bread
https://www.juno.co.uk/products/gene-washington-dont-throw-your-love-away/543000-01/

Edited by illusive
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

This is feckin' sensational. Both sides are crackers and the flip is perfect for today to play out.........."Got to get thru to you" wow wow wow 

Website says limited release, but doesn't say how many the run is limited too.

Dip ya bread

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/gene-washington-dont-throw-your-love-away/543000-01/

lovely stuff. very nice cover, certainly one to add to the collection. not sure its as good as the T.S.U. Tornadoes original though.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

'Where Are We Going' was released on the Very Best Of  CD 2001. Previously (Unreleased).

It's a different mix of "where are we going" though. It's got Marvin whistling on it which isn't on the other version. It's a fantastic 12", "Woman of the world" is sublime and should be a massive tune. The Mizel brothers and Marvin are a partnership made in heaven for me.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Gene Washington & The Ironsides

Landed through the postbox yesterday. Excellent production on both sides. Just posted em up to YouTube for everyone to enjoy that wasn't lucky enough to bag a copy of this new release.

Edited by illusive
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't see that this is mentioned anywhere on the site having done a quick search, but heard this on Adrian Corbin's show last night on Uckfield FM and thought it was worthy of inclusion. The Putbacks feat Nai Palm - Spanish Harlem. They're from Oz. Apologies if already posted. Released earlier this year apparently.

Edited by autumnstoned
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Haven't been on this excellent thread for a while so catch up ..

Released 14th July , SouLutions 'Listen (Drizabone radio mix)' /'Philly line' (Sundae) 

Both nice tracks Andy. Watched a video of them performing 'Listen' live at a festival, and was blown away by how tight they sounded.

The problem once again is here's another limited quantity 7"  release which sold out straight away and some "enterprising types" are trying to cash in by selling it for £25 a go now.  

As nice as it is I'm not about to stump up that much for an £8 disc.  :(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

having seen J add an album, i think we ought expand this thread to new albums as well, as long as their in the same vein as the other recommends we add. and with that in mind i'll share this little treat..............

Vic Pitts & The Cheaters - The Lost Tapes

check out "The girl i love" and "Got to find the love in you" TUNES!!!!!!

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/vic-pitts-the-cheaters-the-lost-tapes/538540-01/

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest uroffal

having seen J add an album, i think we ought expand this thread to new albums as well, as long as their in the same vein as the other recommends we add. and with that in mind i'll share this little treat..............

check out "The girl i love" and "Got to find the love in you" TUNES!!!!!!

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/vic-pitts-the-cheaters-the-lost-tapes/538540-01/

Great to see this thread still going strong (20,000 + views) and thanks to everyone for their posts and recommendations. Couldn't agree more regarding albums as was always about new released vinyl not just 45s and Vic Pitts album is a great way to start!

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Checkout Mr  Elliot Macauley fabulous new double sider, top tune for the summer of 2014

https://www.souljunctionrecords.co.uk/

lovely stuff, how about trying to get "I've Got What You Need" - Smokie Norful signed up, that would be nice  :)

b/w "Never loved you more" - Kindred The family soul, now that would be very nice. i can only dream, or maybe not...................................

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Received the two new prev unreleased 45s from Secret Stash thru the door today and both excellent I think, as per the front page news thread! Still loving the Vic Pitts and the Cheaters LP they also pulled together a couple of months ago.

I was kindly given a great new LP last Sunday...a brilliant UK soul singer which I've really enjoyed all week...

Myles Sanko - Forever Dreaming.

Worth a look and listen I think. Thanks again Brian :thumbsup:

Edited by 71 Steve
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

I'm not quite sure how an initial love for Northern Soul 30 years ago lead me to this, but I'm soooo glad that it did!!

Limited to 200 copies 3 pack vinyl LP..............fecking brilliant!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Mark ... 

Only picked up this thread for the first time .... Love this .... very like some of Bukems " Earth " series ...any idea of how to pick up a vinyl copy ... have emailed a guy on Discogs in Holland .............. ? 

Social source share

Mark ...

Only picked up this thread for the first time .... Love this .... very like some of Bukems " Earth " series ...any idea of how to pick up a vinyl copy ... have emailed a guy on Discogs in Holland .............. ?

Not really sure mate......copies been and gone.....I think the likes of Discogs is your best bet.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Highly recommended vinyl double sider ... "get on and down on this one"  fab fab stuff for 2014 !!!! 

Monday 27th October saw Soul Junction's latest release hitting the shelves of stockists up and down the country. Two great sides, a nice mid tempo dancer and a southern soul style ballad. The flip 'Be With Me Tonight' was first released in 2006 by Preston and the top side is a track from his latest LP, both now receiving a worthy release on 45. Both have received substantial radio play by several renowned DJ's, don't be disappointed get your copy before like many other Soul Junction releases it is sold out!

Press Release: Preston Shannon “The Way I Love You/Be With Me Tonight”
Release Date: Monday October 27th 2014
CBHCD 2018

select_1413803952__side2.jpg
SJ530B

select_1413803841__side-1.gif
SJ530A

select_1413804145__preston-g.jpg

Listen:
Preston Shannon (with FatHarry & the Fuzzy Licks) - The Way I Love You

Preston Shannon (with FatHarry & the Fuzzy Licks) - Be With Me Tonight

To listen and order visit: https://www.souljunct...o.uk/SJ530.html