Interesting View On The N/s Scene

Nocker

Guest in town Mikey

Brilliant! Where do you get plums that big?

Call me elitist but if I couldn't spell 'too' I'd sit really f*cking still when there were pens about.

:lol:  :lol: :lol:  

One of the best one liners for ages Phil.

I'll be using that one in the office. Brilliant.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Had me in tears.

Can't read the link the firewall at work claims this article is "suspicious". Probably more accurate than it knows.

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Yep that's exactly how it came across to me as well. The mischievous Craig character trying to prove there's a greater divide than their actually is. Anybody know anything about his pedigree? I really can't be asked to google him, although I'm sure he has a very interesting northern soul history, that most will marvel at :)

You have no right to comment Win - You don't collect records!

:wink: 

L :thumbsup: 

Edited by LEN
Social source share

The part about us all being fashion victims made me giggle. Has he ever been to a nighter.  :lol:

I remember Terry,Danny,Big Paul etc walking up to the Kestrel suite,Terry in sheepskin and red jeans,me in a flat cap...i said "Tell me again why young soul kids don't want to be seen with us". :lol:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Undoubtedly the piece is badly written, but I am sure that there are individuals who will recognise a degree of truth in the wider criticism being made. The fact is that it is still too early for a meaningful (and definitive) examination of the soul scene as it developed (and some might argue ossified) in 'the North', there are still too many individuals with particular interests to defend about for it to be otherwise.

Rob Alias 

You need to change your medication mate.

Best Russ

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I remember Terry,Danny,Big Paul etc walking up to the Kestrel suite,Terry in sheepskin and red jeans,me in a flat cap...i said "Tell me again why young soul kids don't want to be seen with us". :lol:

I was looking very sharp when I walked in the other week.

Looked like a drowned rat when I walked out though.  :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

My sheepskin is in for refurbishment....and shall make an entrance this very winter  as for the red troosers  they were burgundy lol........mind you big pauls  ensemble last time was err......very L.A :lol: :lol:

Social source share

I'm glad you didn't mention my name as, obviously, I was looking as cool as…... :huh:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Byrney

It's a strange article, sounds like the interviewer is trying to goad Kev into saying something disparaging, but to his credit Kev doesn't. This person, Craig Campbell has an agenda but Kev doesn't fall for it.

Not sure about the following bit though..."DJ’s who can’t get major gigs and a drug fuelled elite who want it that way"

Can someone introduce me to the drug fuelled elite please  :rofl:
Social source share

Not sure about the following bit though..."DJ’s who can’t get major gigs and a drug fuelled elite who want it that way"

Can someone introduce me to the drug fuelled elite please  :rofl:

No. If you don't know who they are your not worthy.

Sorry no smiley things.

On a serious note. IMHO There's nothing wrong with the records mentioned in the article infact I like them but the thing is at a nighter the unwritten law is original vinyl only.END OF.

That's how I was brought up on this scene and I'm sure over 90% of people would have been to.

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On a serious note. IMHO There's nothing wrong with the records mentioned in the article infact I like them but the thing is at a nighter the unwritten law is original vinyl only.END OF.

That's how I was brought up on this scene and I'm sure over 90% of people would have been to.

Steve

Yes, but not 90% of todays 'Scene' I'm afraid - Northern Soul has now replaced Pub Culture. Thankfully, there are still pockets of it out there to enjoy.

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!