Bad News - Martin Alsop Very Ill

Hi guys sorry to be the bearer of bad news but just heard from Dave Clark that Martin Alspo also known as Mr Click, is in Intensive Care, apparently it started off as pneumonia but he is now having probs with his kidneys and they are draining his lungs. Dave said he is hooked up to all sorts of stuff and he isn't conscious. Janine & Sam are going to visit him tomorrow in hospital, so if anyone would like to do a get well wish here tonight please do and I she can print them off to take, if he isn't awake tomorrow at least he can read them when he does wake up

Edited by Dave Abbott
Social source share

• Replies 100
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi guys sorry to be the bearer of bad news but just heard from Dave Clark that Martin Alspo also known as Mr Click, is in Intensive Care, apparently it started off as pneumonia but he is now having probs with his kidneys and they are draining his lungs. Dave said he is hooked up to all sorts of stuff and he isn't conscious. Janine & Sam are going to visit him tomorrow in hospital, so if anyone would like to do a get well wish here tonight please do and I she can print them off to take, if he isn't awake tomorrow at least he can read them when he does wake up

Listen Martin you owe me the Pics from the Nige Shaw doo

So get better or ELSE!

Thinking of you

Pete & Mel French

Social source share

Martin

3 years ago i was very ill !

Behind the scenes you and your family where there when i needed help now it is time to return the compliment.

Anything you want or need iam here for you 24 7 my DEAR friend

My love , prayers and friendship are ALWAYS there for you

Dont let me lose another dear buddy :shades:

Nige B xx

Social source share

Guest Dodger

Really sad to hear this news. Get well soon Martin and get your arse back out and about mate. :P

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Roger

Social source share

i just got off the phone to Janine, she and Sam have just got back from hospital and unfortunately Martins health has deteriorated since yesterday and he is gravely ill.

we will of course let you know any developments

I think Billy put everybody's thoughts best in his post...

COME ON MATE WE'RE PRAYING 4 U

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

come on martin, or should that be' tad'. you and I go back to the year dot mate,

please come out of it and get better, please.

Katie and i are praying

(just think about that hit of discs we had canvey island, care of john abbey, enough to bring anyone round)

chris fletcher, katie young and nippers

any new news welcome

Social source share

come on martin, or should that be' tad'. you and I go back to the year dot mate,

please come out of it and get better, please.

Katie and i are praying

(just think about that hit of discs we had canvey island, care of john abbey, enough to bring anyone round)

chris fletcher, katie young and nippers

any new news welcome

==========

terrible news is this

martin . a true gent of the scene

many memories at the rocket all niter,,,thoughts are with him at this time

best wishes

mark freeman

Social source share

Guest stash313

Only just seen this, get yourself better mate.

A top top bloke, fingers crossed for him.

Take care...

Edited by stash313
Social source share

Any more news Dave A?

sorry for the delay Win. No, no news that we know. Dave Clarke did post on another site earlier and he went to see him yesterday and there has been no improvement maqybe a bit worse, unfortuantely. The medical staff are not sure yet what has caused all these and they are waiting for results from the test lab.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

:lol:

Thinking of you mate. Always a friendly face at any allnighter, a great bloke to chat to. In fact just a great bloke, full stop.

Hoping for the best. :lol:

Matt

Social source share

Had the following from Martin's mother via contact feature

Your name

Pam Alsop

Nottingham

Comments

Please thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers for Martin Alsop. He still needs them as the situation is still about the same. He is under heavy sedation and all kinds of machinery. It is just a waiting game, hoping fervently that the doctors can come up with the right anti-biotic for whatever it is that has attacked him. It was so swift and voracious that it has taken everyone (especially Martin) by total surprise - and not a pleasant one. I will update you when there is any more news of significance. Thank you all once again.

Pam Alsop (Martin's Mum)

Social source share

Had the following from Martin's mother via contact feature

Your name

Pam Alsop

Nottingham

Comments

Please thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers for Martin Alsop. He still needs them as the situation is still about the same. He is under heavy sedation and all kinds of machinery. It is just a waiting game, hoping fervently that the doctors can come up with the right anti-biotic for whatever it is that has attacked him. It was so swift and voracious that it has taken everyone (especially Martin) by total surprise - and not a pleasant one. I will update you when there is any more news of significance. Thank you all once again.

Pam Alsop (Martin's Mum)

God that's so awful... not sure if i know you Martin, but that doesn't matter... i pray you pull through fella.

Edited by ShaneH
Social source share

Guest partytimegirl

This is really sad news and i was shocked when i reliased who it was.

Molly and I send our love and wish you a speedy recovery, and look forward to seeing your smiling face real soon.

Get well real soon xx

Social source share

hi this is martin's newphew, i've been to see him today. he's got a big operation tomorrow and it's touch and go. the operation is tomorrow afternoon and i will post anything as soon as i know. today he has been stable and that the doctors and nurses have said that there is nothing more they can say. if anyone wishes to contact me for further information please do i will be more than happy to help.

but i have to say martin has always been strong and i'm sure he will do his best to see you all again. he's one strong person and if nothing more i'm sure he's got you all in his mind.

thank you all very much for caring as much as you do all my family is very happy to know that you all wish him the best. but please continue as it's not for certian as of now.

thanks once again dean alsop

:thumbsup:

Social source share

hi this is martin's newphew, i've been to see him today. he's got a big operation tomorrow and it's touch and go. the operation is tomorrow afternoon and i will post anything as soon as i know. today he has been stable and that the doctors and nurses have said that there is nothing more they can say. if anyone wishes to contact me for further information please do i will be more than happy to help.

but i have to say martin has always been strong and i'm sure he will do his best to see you all again. he's one strong person and if nothing more i'm sure he's got you all in his mind.

thank you all very much for caring as much as you do all my family is very happy to know that you all wish him the best. but please continue as it's not for certian as of now.

thanks once again dean alsop

:thumbsup:

Hi Dean,

I'm sure I speak for everyone on this site and everyone on the scene who knows Martin (Mr Click as he is affectionately known) but we are rooting for him, like you say he is a strong character and person and he'll fight this illness, our thoughts are with you and the rest of Martin's family at this time, please keep us informed when you get chance on Martin's condition.

Kind Regards

Alan & Judi Pollard

Social source share

Guest soulfiend

Martin

I dont know you personally mate but my thoughts are with you and your family at this time. Get well soon mate and hopefully we'll meet up one find day.

Best Wishes

Midge

Social source share

Hi Dean,

I'm sure I speak for everyone on this site and everyone on the scene who knows Martin (Mr Click as he is affectionately known) but we are rooting for him, like you say he is a strong character and person and he'll fight this illness, our thoughts are with you and the rest of Martin's family at this time, please keep us informed when you get chance on Martin's condition.

Kind Regards

Alan & Judi Pollard

Same here Alan and Judi , thinking of Martin and his family , and praying he pulls through .Very best wishes ,Eddie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert