Show us your great photos (2017)

Amsterdam Russ

3 hours ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

Some lovely photo`s coming in now we are into springtime. Nearly time for my Tench fishing escapades at this Beautiful lake in the North east of England. Last year i took only one of my friends with me, this year i`ll take my beloved Smooth fox terriers with me,  the "Rough & Tumble twins" (Aka Rosie & Bob) Should be a fun day out, from dusk til dawn :)

DSCN0097.JPG

bob n rosie.jpg

Bloody hell H. Tench fishing time, already wheres the time going ? Tight lines my friend. Dogs are looking good, feel sorry for any rats whilst your out tenching mate

Steve

Social source share

5 hours ago, coops said:

some see a prize winning heffer chilling in a field, some see a small glimpse of quintessential english spring time, i just see a whole host of rib-eye, rump and sirloin still in its original wrapper

59107f20707c4_20170408(31).thumb.JPG.55b4127f7dad677018c6e50e7036a062.JPG

59107f9a91e85_20170408(33).thumb.JPG.e88adb77b4989fa4f6b35d4c08080dce.JPG

And maybe Bovine spongiform encephalopathy with it

Social source share

28 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Bloody hell H. Tench fishing time, already wheres the time going ? Tight lines my friend. Dogs are looking good, feel sorry for any rats whilst your out tenching mate

Steve

Have to time it right on that water Steve, it`s not very deep and the place really is stuffed with Tench and bream & Crucians, 100lb is a common weight, you have to time it so they have just started waking up and feeding up before spawning, otherwise there is that many eggs in the water, they just feed on that, and then the bites are very twitchy, but when it`s right, it`s madness, every cast a fish mate. Oh they like catching Rats, i have a mate, who has a farm, he lets mine and his jack russells in his barns for the day, he has an old stihl saw engine with a length of pipe on the exhaust, and puts the pipe down the holes, and they just stand and wait, it`s great to see them doing what they were made for, 46 came out last time we were there, had to lift the dog into the car at the end of the day, she was that knackered. :):)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

10 hours ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

Some lovely photo`s coming in now we are into springtime. Nearly time for my Tench fishing escapades at this Beautiful lake in the North east of England. Last year i took only one of my friends with me, this year i`ll take my beloved Smooth fox terriers with me,  the "Rough & Tumble twins" (Aka Rosie & Bob) Should be a fun day out, from dusk til dawn :)

DSCN0097.JPG

bob n rosie.jpg

Two furry balls of fun.  Enjoy ypur fishing Harr. Best wishes  xxx Suz 

Social source share

1 hour ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

Will do Suz, the lake is at Cassop, keep posting your lovely photo`s on here and faceache. Love from us both xxxx

Thanks Harry I will have to take a look to the nature reserve at Cassop it looks fantastic.  Gonna have a look over to Bishop Middleham Quarry again too as the wildflowers and wildlife are amazing there.  We are so lucky to live in our lovely region.  

By the way I think you mean Facebook too not Faceache lolol.  Love back to you and Di xxxx Suz

• Helpful 1
Social source share

11 minutes ago, suzannek said:

Thanks Harry I will have to take a look to the nature reserve at Cassop it looks fantastic.  Gonna have a look over to Bishop Middleham Quarry again too as the wildflowers and wildlife are amazing there.  We are so lucky to live in our lovely region.  

By the way I think you mean Facebook too not Faceache lolol.  Love back to you and Di xxxx Suz

Ha ha it`s my name for facebook Suz, we are lucky to live in such a lovely place. It`s a beautiful place at Cassop hun xxx

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, chalky said:

Where do you go to take these Steve?

Chalky. Me and Lou spent the day over on the Wirral. Ness gardens then called into Burton mere RSPB reserve where the little grebe picture's where taken. Probably half the pictures that I have ever posted on here over the years are from Burton mere.

Steve

• Helpful 2
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Chalky. Me and Lou spent the day over on the Wirral. Ness gardens then called into Burton mere RSPB reserve where the little grebe picture's where taken. Probably half the pictures that I have ever posted on here over the years are from Burton mere.

Steve

Nice one Steve, must have a trip sometime. Hopefully the lens will be here by the weekend and hopefully I can get out for a couple of hours on Sunday. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Just now, chalky said:

Nice one Steve, must have a trip sometime. Hopefully the lens will be here by the weekend and hopefully I can get out for a couple of hours on Sunday. 

Fairburn Ings RSPB reserve near Leeds is good . Plenty of birds that are used to people, great for practising on.

Steve

• Helpful 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Hi All

Not a picture unfortunately but a once in a lifetime experience. 

I was driving to work in Loughborough yesterday morning, down the A60. I was static in traffic when all of a sudden a very large Buzzard emerged from the undergrowth on the opposite side of the road with an equally large wriggling rat in it's talons. The Buzzard just avoided being hit by a car travelling towards me and in doing so dropped the rat. The rat scurried off into the undergrowth and the Buzzard flew off. Both, very lucky to escape with their lives. A great sight and so close up.

Peter   

Amazing pete 😉I saw an eagle owl last year on the moors just sat there on the wall as I pulled up at a crossroads nr bradfield  sheffield and the feeling that went through me was like hearing a tune for the first time ,just a rush of adrenalin :ohmy:tried to get my phone out slowly cos it was only six foot away from me and just as I went to point the phone it took off and flew straight over the car at me :huh:I nearly shit :lol::lol:but what an experience:yes:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

26 minutes ago, baz1 said:

Amazing pete 😉I saw an eagle owl last year on the moors just sat there on the wall as I pulled up at a crossroads nr bradfield  sheffield and the feeling that went through me was like hearing a tune for the first time ,just a rush of adrenalin :ohmy:tried to get my phone out slowly cos it was only six foot away from me and just as I went to point the phone it took off and flew straight over the car at me :huh:I nearly shit :lol::lol:but what an experience:yes:

Baz. That'll be eagle owls that the rspb don't recognise as British breeding birds . They say that they're escaped captive birds or that have flown over from the Netherlands.  I'm a member of the rspb but they talk crap at times . Everyone else knows the truth.  Only ever seen them in captivity myself.  Bet it was amazing to see 

Steve 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Baz. That'll be eagle owls that the rspb don't recognise as British breeding birds . They say that they're escaped captive birds or that have flown over from the Netherlands.  I'm a member of the rspb but they talk crap at times . Everyone else knows the truth.  Only ever seen them in captivity myself.  Bet it was amazing to see 

Steve 

It WO huge Steve :ohmy:large orange eyes and the long tufts on top of the ears!!!! Quit scary really :lol:i was shaking like a gooden ,thanks for the info,very interesting . cheers baz

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, HARRY CROSBY said:

A few from my Daily walk along the north east coast at Easington. A gorgeous day today, saw a redstart sadly too far away for my little camera. Also the Grasshopper warblers that are in residence annually here, were in full song today. What`s the butterflies names Suz? i know the peacock, but not the other one. :)

DSC00026.JPG

DSC00031.JPG

DSC00037.JPG

DSC00039.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

It's a female Speckled Wood Harry

• Helpful 2
Social source share

36 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Clematis Ruben Montana? Nice garden Steve.

Clematis montana rubens maybe Peter, though hard to tell without seeing the foliage close to.  The Clematis montana will grow 100 ft. if allowed, and flowers on current years growth, the finest of the varieties is montana odorata, which along with being as prolific in flower has a scent.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

27 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Clematis montana rubens maybe Peter, though hard to tell without seeing the foliage close to.  The Clematis montana will grow 100 ft. if allowed, and flowers on current years growth, the finest of the varieties is montana odorata, which along with being as prolific in flower has a scent.

I wasnt far out Dave. I always (nearly) remember then name as its one of the first climbing plants that me and my ex planted in the garden - grows really really quickly, you could get a fence well covered in almost one season. The other reason why I nearly remember the name is that my next door neighbours grandson is called Reuben.

:hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Peter99 said:

I wasnt far out Dave. I always (nearly) remember then name as its one of the first climbing plants that me and my ex planted in the garden - grows really really quickly, you could get a fence well covered in almost one season. The other reason why I nearly remember the name is that my next door neighbours grandson is called Reuben.

:hatsoff2:

Nice name Reuben, the first large chest tattoo I did was on a guy of that name in Hawaii, circa 1989, the classic Battle Royale, a fight between an eagle and serpent.

• Helpful 1
Social source share