Show us your great photos (2017)

Amsterdam Russ

1 minute ago, Steve S 60 said:

Gave this place a miss when looking for somewhere to eat....

FB_IMG_1490816779135.thumb.jpg.150dedb1db36008bdca13a7f67e9bb68.jpg

The waitresses were dressed as nurses, and there was an intravenous drip beside each table.  There was an industrial set of weighing scales outside.

Nasty place, I guess only in Las Vegas?

Social source share

11 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

I just watched a video of one of the "nurses" paddling someone's arse.  She qualifies for the free eats, so I'd say yes...

I'm amazed there's not a long queue of skinny masochistic old guys wearing very thin material shorts outside, as it's got to be cheaper than a hiring a hooker in Vegas, and you get the group humiliation thing thrown in. 

I see there's a Vegan option, but I think it was cigarettes!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just now, Steve S 60 said:

It's in the prop department of Warner Brothers Studios in Burbank, LA.  I think the set was used in The West Wing and House of Cards.  No prizes for guessing where this set featured....

FB_IMG_1490901956147.thumb.jpg.dec46d10ffd604d80ab60e4688d75aed.jpg

Warner Bros has changed a bit since I was there last in 1990.  There's a clue in the top left corner, for those that aren't sure:wicked:

Social source share

1 minute ago, TattooDave said:

Warner Bros has changed a bit since I was there last in 1990.  There's a clue in the top left corner, for those that aren't sure:wicked:

A lot of the outdoor lots are probably still the same.  They just get rehashed.  I recognised the church used in the closing scene of Cool Hand Luke, but it's been used in countless other films and TV series.  Had a look around the sound stage they use for Big Bang Theory, which is set to become their longest running sitcom.  They had a whole building full of Batman vehicles from all the films.

Social source share

8 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

A lot of the outdoor lots are probably still the same.  They just get rehashed.  I recognised the church used in the closing scene of Cool Hand Luke, but it's been used in countless other films and TV series.  Had a look around the sound stage they use for Big Bang Theory, which is set to become their longest running sitcom.  They had a whole building full of Batman vehicles from all the films.

It's a fascinating place for sure, I was there in the middle of June and it was swelteringly hot, 112F and with the LA smog it was unpleasant, I fled to San Diego on The San Franciscan early the next morning, caught the train at Union station about 6am.  Carefree times.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks Russell. Only flaw for me is the post in the background and the lighting wasn't brilliant . Ever the perfectionist

Steve

It's not exactly as if the grebes are hanging around waiting for you to get your camera set up and ready before they begin their dance. Sometimes you've just got to be thankful you were there with a camera at all. Well, you know what I'm saying. :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 05/04/2017 at 20:57, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks Russell. Only flaw for me is the post in the background and the lighting wasn't brilliant . Ever the perfectionist

Steve

To be honest Steve i don't think the post detracts from the photo at all. I  think we can all get a bit anal about cutting bits out, if it was a litter bin in the background I could understand but the post is just part of the natural background to me. Guess we all have our own ideas & that's the way it should be :)

Great photo's by the way :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, ZoomSoulBlue said:

Steve where's that warterfall - location - another one for my tick box Cheers Keith

Keith. It's called Pistyll Rhaeadr falls. Near the village of Llanrhaeadr-y-mochnant. Nr Oswestry. Its well signposted.  It's actually the tallest singledrop falls in the UK at 80 metres.  Enjoy mate

Steve 

• Helpful 1
Social source share