Mike

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I was told about this last night and was very very sad to hear this. I hadn't seen Pedro for a number of years and he turned up at Wendy & Kiddo's wedding last month - it was fabulous to see him again and we had a chat and a laugh about the old days at the Black Horse and other venues around the midlands with Pep & Helen etc. A true gent with a heart as big as the man was.

My thoughts are with his partner, family and friends.

RIP Pedro

Mandy

xx

Social source share

A true gent with a heart as big as the man was.

Mandy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Have to agree i for one will miss our little chats

a sad loss for the soul scene,

RIP Pedro

Ken

=====

a friend told me of this last nite,,,cant picture the guy at the moment but condolences to his family

best

mark

Social source share

Also, like Mandy I havent seen him for a few years, what an absolutely lovely guy.

I've got a photo of him at home from Winsford, if I remember will bring it into work, scan it & post it.

Rest in peace.

Kirstyxxx

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

=====

a friend told me of this last nite,,,cant picture the guy at the moment but condolences to his family

best

mark

Hi Mark

He was out a couple of weeks ago at Brookfields

post-900-1163419740_thumb.jpg

sad news and best wishes to his Family

Chris W

Social source share

T

Posted by

harpo

On: Today, 08:58 AM

we only knew him a short time, but he was a true diamond and a solid man in every sense

We'll miss him

RIP Pedro

Condolosences to Marie and family

Wulfie and Annie

xxx

Also, like Mandy I havent seen him for a few years, what an absolutely lovely guy.

I've got a photo of him at home from Winsford, if I remember will bring it into work, scan it & post it.

Rest in peace.

Kirstyxxx

Yes please Kirsty - I'd like one if possible - never did take the camera out of my bag

Wulfie

Social source share

i am just coming to terms with the sad loss

of my old & dear friend "pedro"

not to sure at the moment what caused his

sudden death,will know in a few days.

he was a big man,big soul fan,oldies thru to modern

always the perfect gentleman who had time to talk

to anyone.

r.i.p. ped's you'll always be remembered

always your mate

max.

Social source share

What a tragic loss.

Funnily enough I first met Pedro nearly thirty years ago when he was in the army. His best mate was a guy called Ian 'Mouse' Jones who was from the same village as I was at the time. When they both got leave they would come back to the village for a few beers before going onto Wigan on the Saturday night. I lost touch with both Pedro and the Northern scene when I moved away for work during the Eighties. To my surprise when I ended up in the Midlands and started going to Northern do's again, Pedro was the first person I bumped into at one of Pep's do's at the Wulfrun Hall in Wolverhampton. We stayed in touch ever since albeit on an irregular basis at Soul nights and allnighters.

He even tried to kill our hamster by falling down the stairs at our house once, but that's another story, and a funny memory of him that I will treasure.

I'd just like to add my sincere condolences to the family.

Social source share

What a tragic loss.

He even tried to kill our hamster by falling down the stairs at our house once, but that's another story, and a funny memory of him that I will treasure.

Oh Dave, thank you for telling us that ... I have this great picture in my mind's eye of Pedro rolling down the stairs with hammie on top of him ... made me smile ... thank you :thumbsup:

Social source share

I would like to my add my condolences.

I didn't know Pedro well but he was one of those people it was always a pleasure to talk to and I can't recall him ever having a bad word to say about anyone.

Max told me Saturday afternoon and I was still expecting him to walk in Saturday night.

Neil

Social source share

Guest Ferrett

Very sad news. Another one of the scene's characters gone.

Pedro was always passionate about his soul music and expressed it in his dancing.

There will always be a space for you on the Midlands soul dancefloors mate.

My lasting memory of him will be giving him a lift back from the Manchester Ritz to Shrewsbury and him then walking all the way back to Church Stretton (twelve miles further on) despite the offer of a lift - and that's after a whole night dancing on that sprung dancefloor!!! They trained him well in the army.

Rest In Peace Pedro

Neil & Chimene

Social source share

Very sorry to hear of Pedro's death, I haven't seen him for years , but remember him from loads of soul nights down south in the 70's especially at Shades of Green in Camberley and at Yate. He was a good bloke. Please pass on my sympathy to his family

Tony E

Very sad news, hadnt seen Ped for donkeys years, but he was one of those big characters in my early days on the scene, met him at Shades of Green, then he used to come up on the southern coaches to Wigan. Proper nice bloke - RIP mate.

Alan

Derek Mead has asked me to pass on his sympathies, he first met Ped in the Tumbledown Dick in Farnborough & reckons he wouldnt have ever been on the scene had they never met. RIP Ped.

Social source share

Guest rushden

Never met Pedro , i have just returned from the Australian national in melbourne ,where a lot people who did know him were talking what a great lad he was . One lad memory like a sieve me on remembering names out from uk for the bash , a mate from Shrewsbury did not know he had passed on , so it dampened his week end, but we all had a dam good dance for ya Pedro R.I.P regards johnny warren & soulies down under

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Never met Pedro , i have just returned from the Australian national in melbourne ,where a lot people who did know him were talking what a great lad he was . One lad memory like a sieve me on remembering names out from uk for the bash , a mate from Shrewsbury did not know he had passed on , so it dampened his week end, but we all had a damn good dance for ya Pedro R.I.P regards johnny warren & soulies down under

Yes that was me you were talking to in Melbourne mate, Mark Jones of Shrewsbury, just returned back to UK today.

Just felt the need to add my condolences, a true gent indeed. Always had a smile for everyone. RIP Pedro.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert