Tv - Must Watch Shows

Mike

5 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Kin, Dublin Gangster series, a Mike recommendation, is great. Some strong performances from an extremely well cast group of actors. I'll finish this tonight, BBC1 catch up. 

Peter

🔫

good stuff, great ending

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Simon T said:

season 2 came out last March

2 hours ago, Jessie Pinkman said:

Excellent, that's my weekend sorted.

I'll be on a weekender! 

It's a good job I just bought chunky kit kats caramel, smarties, and two bars of Morrisons own brand milk chocolate with hazelnuts. (which is cheap).

Sorted.

Peter

Social source share

57 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

I'll be on a weekender! 

It's a good job I just bought chunky kit kats caramel, smarties, and two bars of Morrisons own brand milk chocolate with hazelnuts. (which is cheap).

Sorted.

Peter

I thought it was already on but it's coming soon apparently.

Not to worry where's the weekender Peter. 😃

Social source share

1 minute ago, Jessie Pinkman said:

I thought it was already on but it's coming soon apparently.

Not to worry where's the weekender Peter. 😃

I'm confused now - is Season 2 available to watch now? 🤔

The weekender was going to be on at my house, I might have to slim it down now, just an all niter. You could have come along to watch, share my chocolate stash with me and Ace, my Dobermann. He's mellowed a little now, and does share; a bit. 😋

Peter

Social source share

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

I'm confused now - is Season 2 available to watch now? 🤔

The weekender was going to be on at my house, I might have to slim it down now, just an all niter. You could have come along to watch, share my chocolate stash with me and Ace, my Dobermann. He's mellowed a little now, and does share; a bit. 😋

Peter

It's available on line, Simon sent me a link but I haven't tried it yet. I might leave it till it comes to the BBC

Social source share

Well having not watched any telly for nearly three years, due to my mentalist issues (😋), I have been royally spoilt. 

The first episode of Crime was brilliant watching; for some reason I just couldn't get on with the second episode. I just found the ex police officer, trans character, a little hard to believe. Probably just me. 

Then, I was once again enthralled by the two series of Fin, the Dublin based gangster story. A brilliant cast, some brilliant acting and a great story line. I hope they make a third series - I think the story line is open enough to make a third. Thanks for the heads up on these two. 🤗

I spent the last two nights scrolling through loads of stuff - I eventually gave up and took the beast out for a walk. That in itself is thrilling, anxiety inducing.  🫣

So, if any of the thread contributors have anything like the above two I would appreciate a tip or two. I may have to try Reacher tonight, that has had some recommendations on here. 

Thanks everyone, keep on viewing and keep the tips coming.

Peter

(I was tempted to use my 99 tag name; but I'm not sure if I still am Peter99 or just Peter, it's been some years now - I think over 15) 🤔🤣

Social source share

On 26/01/2024 at 17:29, Peter99 said:

Then, I was once again enthralled by the two series of Fin, the Dublin based gangster story. A brilliant cast, some brilliant acting and a great story line. I hope they make a third series - I think the story line is open enough to make a third. Thanks for the heads up on these two. 🤗

If you liked the Dublin gangsters, you would probably enjoy Love / Hate which has a similar theme, but is, I think, even better. 5 series on the iplayer.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 26/01/2024 at 17:29, Peter99 said:

by the two series of Fin, the Dublin based gangster story.

Where did you watch series two Peter please as on i player it says series 2 due in March and only shows series one as available at the moment. Asking for someone else not on here, cheers.

Social source share

45 minutes ago, Kathryn Magson said:

Just watched episode 1 of "What Remains" on BBC iplayer. Decent 4-part drama with an excellent cast. 👍

ok post moved from film topic

its an 10 year old show that right?

Social source share

I've been watching 'Masters of the Air' on Netflix, I'm hooked, but still not convinced. CGI'd beyond belief, as you would expect, there is a distinct lack of Flying Fortresses in the world.

Other than that, the language is hard to pick, and that’s a mix between what they are saying and how the actors are saying it, and the actual quality of the sound. 

For example, a crew out under the wing very early morning, well they didn’t look cold to me, and the sound was just a single level, everybody heard each other no problem, you would be shouting at each other on a runway, and noise would likely drop off quickly, didn’t seem real to me.

The accents, I don't know, some of the dialogue just goes over my head, as if they are mumbling their words, I guess they would of sounded like they were from outer space to Brits, but it's still...MMmmmmrrrr..

As for the plot, yep, it's all there in the history books, the wings expolits over Germany and Europe, but did US servicemen fight with British crews in the pub, must have happened I guess, but given they were all fighting the Germans, it seemed a bit forced. As for any reference to any other nationallities involved in WW2, other than the enemy, and bit part down the pub for some unlkely RAF blokes, the US 100th Bomber group seemed to have done everything in WW2! 

All in all, not as good as it's predecessors, 'Band of Brothers' 'Pacific' and 'Private Ryan', this series althoiught good, lacks a realness, maybe thats the CGI in it, but I'm now glued to weekly Friday night episodes...

Might go see 'The Zone of Interest' at the Cinema, see what thats like.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Well, I've binge watched Fin - season one and two, and all five seasons of Love/Hate; both very excellent Irish produced gangster/thriller shows.

I've been scrolling and mincing about looking for my next binge watch, I did Grieselda, on Netflix, which was ok. But.

So, any recommendations from the watchers on here? 

Thanks Peter

Social source share

I've just stumbled across Blood Coast on Netflix, a French police thriller set in Marseilles. First episode looks promising, nice setting in the coastal city, and lots about French production that I like. 

Anyone, and I know a few fellow SS's do, who enjoyed Braquo, will probably like this.

Peter 

😚

Social source share

I've just stumbled across Blood Coast on Netflix, a French police thriller set in Marseilles. First episode looks promising, nice setting in the coastal city, and lots about French production that I like. 

Anyone, and I know a few fellow SS's do, who enjoyed Braquo, will probably like this.

Peter 

😚

Thanks Peter, I'll put that on the watch list.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Mare of Easttown (7 episodes)

I’m watching this series for the second time. First out in 2021 on Sky Atlantic. 
Stunning performance by Kate Winslet. Easily her best piece of work in my opinion.  She is also a co-producer.  
Super stuff all round from the whole cast. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 14/02/2024 at 10:37, Peter99 said:

Peter 

😚

Edit;

This is definitely worth a watch.

Pierre

Social source share

I didn't bother watching this for a bit, I thought it would be a bit tongue in cheek; however, having just finished watching the series, I can highly recommend checking it out. 

Blue Lights is a television drama series, set in Belfast, Northern Ireland, following three probationary police officers of the Police Service of Northern Ireland. The series was broadcast on BBC One and BBC iPlayer, premiering on 27 March 2023; it has been re-commissioned for a second series, which began filming in 2023. 

Peter

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Has anyone been watching Breathtaking on ITV? It's a 3-part series (final episode tonight at 9pm) about the front-line health staff during the pandemic - well worth watching! It's a reminder of the difficult time the NHS staff had & the sacrifices they all made. I salute every single one of them.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

6 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Just watched second Kin season in one go, fabulous - outstanding cast, esp Francis Magee as Bren, proper scary 

Like you say Chris, Bren is an absolute nightmare.

Edited by Jessie Pinkman
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Jessie Pinkman said:

Like you say Chris, Bren is an absolute nightmare.

Hey! Bren is my new bird. Leave her alone. 🤨 😍

She's a fantastic actress; has done quite a bit of theatre/classical stuff.

It's probably one of the best tv series, on normal tv for a long time. Thanks to SimonT, on here for giving it an early shout on this thread.

Peter

Social source share

Hey! Bren is my new bird. Leave her alone. 🤨 😍

She's a fantastic actress; has done quite a bit of theatre/classical stuff.

It's probably one of the best tv series, on normal tv for a long time. Thanks to SimonT, on here for giving it an early shout on this thread.

Peter

Wasn't Bren(dan) the Da?

Are you thinking of Clare Dunne: Amanda Kinsella?

She's already spoken for!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!