Lyrics that Amuse You - Make You Smile

It's pouring with rain, need something to brighten up the day - this one has been amusing me over the last few days - from Arthur Alexander. 

Better known for his Monument recording I Need You Baby. On a podcast from Sean Hampsey, with Tats Taylor, Tats said the I Need You Baby outing was his favourite soul record. Tastes change, I wonder if Tat's has. Anyway, I'm rambling.  This makes me smile.  Peter 

Edited by Peter99
error
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Dave Morris said:

Roy Handy - Baby That's A Groove. When he's on about getting some Fish & Chips. Makes me smile when I hear it.

There's a bit in it that sounds like "Sweat was dripping of my face and sh#ts all over the place" 

Edited by Mark S
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Magnificent 7 - So close a breeze can,t blow between us,so tight you couldn’t part us with a Tommy gun. From never will I make my baby cry.

Aaron Neville - But never in my life had I seen,a woman as square as a pool table but twice as green.From a hard nut to crack.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 04/01/2024 at 13:24, Twoshoes said:

The start of Brooks and Jerry always makes me smile, "part one, and part two if we have time"

If that makes you smile, how about if infact they're saying "part one, and part two, and part three if we have the time" 😉

Social source share

On 04/01/2024 at 12:24, Twoshoes said:

The start of Brooks and Jerry always makes me smile, "part one, and part two if we have time"

...part one and part two.......and three if we have time.

Oops sorry, Benji beat me to it!

Edited by Kevinkent
Social source share

9 hours ago, Benji said:

If that makes you smile, how about if infact they're saying "part one, and part two, and part three if we have the time" 😉

6 hours ago, Kevinkent said:

part one and part two.......and three if we have time.

Ooops, when I posted I thought it didn't seem right and I've been listening to it for over 50 yrs.Even remember buying it from Ralph's in Manchester, thanks gents, old age is definitely getting the best of me 😩

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!