Master Four On Taystar Sold $5260 Us

SOLD ON EBAY FOR A MERE $5260 US,BOOK IS A GRAND,ANY THOUGHTS ,NOT MY CUP OF TEA THE RECORD TO BE HONEST ,LOVE THE LOGO BUT.SHOULD PROMOTE DISCUSSION THIS,IS IT REALLY THAT RARE OR ONE OF THOSE THAT HAS GOT A BIT OUT OF CONTROL?TRACK LOVE HAS TAKEN WINGS.

BAZ A.

Edited by baz atkinson
Social source share

• Replies 44
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Great record in my opinion.

Look at how the bidding went in the final seconds of the auction, from $2000 then two snipers went in with bids over $5000. Maybe someone got a bit of a suprise at how much of thier maximum was used in the sniper bid!!

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Never been keen on this one. Who was the lead singer, sounds EXACTLY like Dean Martin! :yes: ( Just look at the pic of Deano whilst playing the clip, and you will agree!) Lovely record for Vegas, during the 'rat pack' era, followed by Volar, now thats a set!! :sleep3:

post-1355-1174851113_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Great record in my opinion.

Look at how the bidding went in the final seconds of the auction, from $2000 then two snipers went in with bids over $5000. Maybe someone got a bit of a suprise at how much of thier maximum was used in the sniper bid!!

Snipers sometimes go in way too high . :yes:

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

A LOT OF MONEY, BUT I'LL TELL YOU WHAT WOULD PISS ME OFF IF I WERE THE SELLER.

ASSUMING EBAY FINAL VALUE FEES ARE THE SAME WORLDWIDE AS PER EBAY.CO.UK, AT THE NEW 9% RATE, THE FINAL VALUE FEE ON THIS WILL BE APPROXIMATELY £248 UK POUNDS, AS OPPOSED TO JUST OVER £90 BEFORE THE 1ST OF MARCH.

A JUSTIFIED INCREASE ?

MARTIN SNOW

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Give me 'Love from the far east' any day.....

I have never liked this track either.......well over priced as well like so many 45s.

I spoke with the Lead singer on The Master 4 about a year ago a sound guy. :unsure:

master of soul mel :)

Social source share

Thats only 3rd time i have seen it for sale in 20 years Cliff Camfield sold on to Stuart Bennett for £500 (think that was Guys copy) Greg Tomo won one last year on the bay for $1750 i missed that as well, This time the guy put the sound clip up and think that helped as not that many people would have heard it before and it really does grow on you

Social source share

A LOT OF MONEY, BUT I'LL TELL YOU WHAT WOULD PISS ME OFF IF I WERE THE SELLER.

ASSUMING EBAY FINAL VALUE FEES ARE THE SAME WORLDWIDE AS PER EBAY.CO.UK, AT THE NEW 9% RATE, THE FINAL VALUE FEE ON THIS WILL BE APPROXIMATELY £248 UK POUNDS, AS OPPOSED TO JUST OVER £90 BEFORE THE 1ST OF MARCH.

A JUSTIFIED INCREASE ?

I don't know if I'd say that it's "justified" and I understand your concerns. But it's the way things are and you pay a price for the massive market eBay supplies and the convenience of getting payments through PayPal. And by the way, the 9% fee only goes for ebay.co.uk users, NOT ebay.com. Yet, that is. :unsure:

OK it sold for $5260.

If an item on ebay.com sells for over $1000.01, then the fees to be paid are:

5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31) plus

3.25% of the initial $25.01 - $1,000.00 ($31.69) and

1.50% of the remaining closing value balance $1,000.01 - $5,260.00 ($63.90)

That's a total fee of $96.90. Not too bad really, the seller still gets $5163 (about £2575) a pretty decent amount of money to earn for this 45 as I'm sure most will agree.

If the seller gets paid via PayPal there ofcourse goes another 4% ($210) out the window. But seeing as PayPal, Postal Money Order, BidPay and straight credit card payments directly to the seller are the accepted forms of payment I'm sure that won't be the scenario.

Still, if a PayPal payment is made, the massive $306.90 in fees still leaves the seller with $4,953.10 (about £2450) in their pocket. It would be hard to sell that record for that sort of money anywhere else in the world right now.

Social source share

Never been keen on this one. Who was the lead singer, sounds EXACTLY like Dean Martin! :unsure: ( Just look at the pic of Deano whilst playing the clip, and you will agree!) Lovely record for Vegas, during the 'rat pack' era, followed by Volar, now thats a set!! :)

This will probably amaze you , but I did a CD for the lead singer a while back , it's the same lead as International GTO'S " I love my baby " [Rojac ] Best ,Eddie

Social source share

SOLD ON EBAY FOR A MERE $5260 US,BOOK IS A GRAND,ANY THOUGHTS ,NOT MY CUP OF TEA THE RECORD TO BE HONEST ,LOVE THE LOGO BUT.SHOULD PROMOTE DISCUSSION THIS,IS IT REALLY THAT RARE OR ONE OF THOSE THAT HAS GOT A BIT OUT OF CONTROL?TRACK LOVE HAS TAKEN WINGS.

BAZ A.

In the end the buyer backed out and was sold for considerably less than winning bid due to the big difference in bids....I think the record is very good myself..Only comment is i thought when it went for $1750 i thought it was a good price as it is not the sort of record that comes around everyday.

:unsure::)

Social source share

Thats only 3rd time i have seen it for sale in 20 years Cliff Camfield sold on to Stuart Bennett for £500 (think that was Guys copy) Greg Tomo won one last year on the bay for $1750 i missed that as well, This time the guy put the sound clip up and think that helped as not that many people would have heard it before and it really does grow on you

That's correct Ted. Then Dickie bought it off Stu for £1500. :unsure:

Social source share

I don't know if I'd say that it's "justified" and I understand your concerns. But it's the way things are and you pay a price for the massive market eBay supplies and the convenience of getting payments through PayPal. And by the way, the 9% fee only goes for ebay.co.uk users, NOT ebay.com. Yet, that is.

OK it sold for $5260.

If an item on ebay.com sells for over $1000.01, then the fees to be paid are:

5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31) plus

3.25% of the initial $25.01 - $1,000.00 ($31.69) and

1.50% of the remaining closing value balance $1,000.01 - $5,260.00 ($63.90)

That's a total fee of $96.90. Not too bad really, the seller still gets $5163 (about £2575) a pretty decent amount of money to earn for this 45 as I'm sure most will agree.

If the seller gets paid via PayPal there ofcourse goes another 4% ($210) out the window. But seeing as PayPal, Postal Money Order, BidPay and straight credit card payments directly to the seller are the accepted forms of payment I'm sure that won't be the scenario.

Still, if a PayPal payment is made, the massive $306.90 in fees still leaves the seller with $4,953.10 (about £2450) in their pocket. It would be hard to sell that record for that sort of money anywhere else in the world right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT ABOUT THE CONVERSION FEE PAYPAL CHARGE ( THEY CHANGE ALL PAYMENTS INTO $$$s AND BACK TO £££££££s AGAIN ( BIT OF A CHEEK ISN'T IT ) MUST BE GETTING LESSONS OF THE BANKS

Social source share

Obviosly it's not your fault. Were you the seller then?

What happened to winning an auction and paying up, committed to buying under Ebay policy etc

ROD

Unfortunately i think that is just one of those things that happens, wether buying a house, selling a car, people back out...could have a good reason so not going to have a go..

I think it's a good tune meself...no i was'nt the seller but you get to hear things..

:wicked::wicked:

Social source share

Had a look at auction and still showing $5260.

I notice it's Burl'one. Bought a VG+ Terrifics offa him once. Completely knackered. Did get my money back though with no quibble but IMO grading maybe not one of his strong points.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with bid record. Im assuming third bidder #5 had his maximum bid just over $5,000 and both "snipes" from #'s 1 and 6 had been set also over that.

Any idea what it did sell for then. $5160?

ROD

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Always liked 'Love from the far east'

years ago when I first heard it and it sounds just as good today...... :wicked:

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

learn summat new every day, wjhat was his name Eddie? Group line-up? any photos :rolleyes::D

yes that would be a hoot particulary as the flip of i love my baby is one of the greatest ballads ever imho ,its been raining in my heart,the line up etc would be enlightening and the logo design also [share light on that]?

baz a.

Social source share

======

================================================================================

============

I had it Ted and cant remember who i sold it to think it was either Clifford or John Powney i think ,and it was,nt

much dosh i can tell ya mind you it was,nt in good knick :angry: i played it out a couple times at Droysden niter ect and it totally

cleared the floor :rolleyes: Job well done he he

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

This will probably amaze you , but I did a CD for the lead singer a while back , it's the same lead as International GTO'S " I love my baby " [Rojac ] Best ,Eddie

Allright Eddie

I had a good conversation with the lead singer as well and it may well of been over 2 yrs ago now come to think about it.He told me all about the Tayster label his other groups and the story of the International GTO's material amongst other things.

A sound guy

cheers

mel

Social source share

Guest Rowly

Never been keen on this one. Who was the lead singer, sounds EXACTLY like Dean Martin! :D ( Just look at the pic of Deano whilst playing the clip, and you will agree!) Lovely record for Vegas, during the 'rat pack' era, followed by Volar, now thats a set!! laugh.gif

Sounds more like the "Pub Singer" if you ask me! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert