Cleethorpes 2009

• Replies 255
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Pmsl, well if the suns shining I'm making it for the Saturday daytime, so Melv get your shoulders pads at the ready, get the lifeguards on standby for any drownings :thumbsup: . I've bought a new cossie especially for it, its covered in poppers :unsure:

I'm really sick that I'm not going for the whole weekend, last year was the best laugh I've ever had, I know you'll all have a belter :unsure:

Kx

Currently it's heavy showers (Thursday) and light showers (Friday) so on this basis it should be a scorcher on Monday when we go home!!

Hope everybody has a safe journey

Mark C :lol:

I had a word and it's going to be getting better for the weekend (according to the Met Office)

As I'm working away weekdays, I had to pack my clothes and home stuff yesterday (- trusting that the other half & Sam will remember to take it with them is the scary part). So given that I didn't want to pack too much bulky stuff, I had a word with the man upstairs too - and right now - the weather is looking promising :thumbsup:

...er, by English standards

[ CLICK HERE for update ]

m

Edited by Maria O

I had a word and it's going to be getting better for the weekend (according to the Met Office)

I know its evil of me but when everyone at work was sulking on Friday 5/6 cos the weekends weather forecast (just gone) was terrible. I was secretly chuckling inside & praying for the shxte weather they had forecast so that there would be a chance that by the time the best weekend in the world is upon us the Sun may come out to play.

I know its not all about the weather but it does help with the hangovers if you can lie/sit in the sunshine by the pool,listening to quality music from both rooms (a room in each ear depending which sunlounger/chair you park your backside on) & get sunstroke.... certainly takes your mind off the hangovers !!

Really looking forward to this weekend yet again.

Ali xxx

Guest Glawsters Best

OH NO :D

:ohmy: C ya at the bar as usual Leon :thumbsup:

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

will be there for about 1.30pm you must owe me a :thumbup::D

Guest peter burke

Reasons to be cheerful,

Part One: Cleethorpes Weekender

Part Two: only 40 mins from home

Could it be any better? I don't think so.!!!!!!!!!!

Love from Karen [and Pete] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest in town Mikey

AND OF COURSE THE GLAWSETRS WILL BE IN ATTENDANTS

I was hoping to hang out with you guys this weekend, because when I hang out if Dave and Paul etc from the SITC crowd I end up with 4 day hangovers........Ah, I think there could be a tiny flaw in that plan.

Oh feck! :lol:

Guest Bearsy

A lot of talk about everybody getting drunk with hang overs and meeting in the bar for lots of beers,

i thought it was about the music

fook it see you all in the bar Friday afternoon :lol::lol::P:yes:thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

A lot of talk about everybody getting drunk with hang overs and meeting in the bar for lots of beers,

i thought it was about the music, fook it see you all in the bar Friday afternoon :lol::lol::P:yes:thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Don't you dare turn up at our caravan half pissed Bearsy :ohmy: We have a strict code of conduct on that sort of thing, It's the full monty or nothing beer.gif

See ya Friday - Taff

Guest Bearsy

Don't you dare turn up at our caravan half pissed Bearsy :ohmy: We have a strict code of conduct on that sort of thing, It's the full monty or nothing :g:

See ya Friday - Taff

I will do my best to be consistant all weekend Taff thumbsup.gif

:D:Dbeer.gif:Dbeer.gif:shades::lol:

Taff call me i need to ask you something :lol:

I might be a bit lonely this year, looks like am the only one from Cleethorpes doing the full weekend this year, as far as i can find out ,even my best mates not going to make it. laugh.gif oh well :yes:blink.gif:lol:

Miff

Your not on your own Im there.

Bickers

Having a practice run on making the cocktails tonight :rolleyes: , any request :P:P:P

Sue - hope Im not too late with the cocktail request but I like Pina Coladas (honest).

As you are a connoisseur with the alcohol :thumbup: I will leave it up to you to mix the ingredients and I will bring the funky straws & the umbrellas (Ella's for the drinks of course & not the weather!...Shhh!!)

It will be great catching up with you & Sharon again so see you both in Cleethorpes with the rest of the York lot !!

Ali x

P.S If you need someone to hold your bag & camera when you go in the pool on Sunday night I'll do it as I cant swim so will help you out poolside where I can ........... that is as long as you dont have poppers on your underwear like KirstyS did last year !! :(

As I'm not going to Cleethorpes myself I'm looking for a small favour from one of the multitudes that are making the journey.....

I have a very big box of CDs in my attic, CDs which belong to Melvin Davis. If anybody from Coventry or nearby would be willing to come and collect them from me and deliver them to Melvin it would be much appreciated.....sure Melvin would be quite pleased to get them as well :lol: . PM me if you can help out :thumbsup: . Sian, Kylee or one of the lovely Rugby crowd maybe?????

Cheers,

Adam.

I was hoping to hang out with you guys this weekend, because when I hang out if Dave and Paul etc from the SITC crowd I end up with 4 day hangovers........Ah, I think there could be a tiny flaw in that plan.

Oh feck! :D

Dave doesn't do Cleethorpes but Paul does so it would probably be a 2 day hangover only :lol:

Trust you were referring to Prestatyn a few years ago when we absolutely caned the bar on the first night :lol: :wacko: :lol:

See you at the weekend Mike :thumbsup:

Sue - hope Im not too late with the cocktail request but I like Pina Coladas (honest).

As you are a connoisseur with the alcohol :lol: I will leave it up to you to mix the ingredients and I will bring the funky straws & the umbrellas (Ella's for the drinks of course & not the weather!...Shhh!!)

It will be great catching up with you & Sharon again so see you both in Cleethorpes with the rest of the York lot !!

Ali x

P.S If you need someone to hold your bag & camera when you go in the pool on Sunday night I'll do it as I cant swim so will help you out poolside where I can ........... that is as long as you dont have poppers on your underwear like KirstyS did last year !! :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol: promise not to have poppers like Kirsty's last year :D , cocktail's Friday, PM me your mobil number as I havent got it, will txt you when we get there..

Pina Coladas noted, weve experimented with one that I darnt mention :wub::g: people might get the wrong idea :lol:

See ya soon Ali

Sue

xx

Guest in town Mikey

Dave doesn't do Cleethorpes but Paul does so it would probably be a 2 day hangover only :lol:

Trust you were referring to Prestatyn a few years ago when we absolutely caned the bar on the first night beer.gif :wacko: beer.gif

See you at the weekend Mike :thumbsup:

It was John. Head has a dull throb just thinking about it.

Guest Mrs Simsy

This year I'm going to pace myself re; refreshments :lol::shades: .

Jim :thumbsup:

Wheres the fun in that? wicked.gif:lol: I intended to be quiet and demure this year but sod it...lets go mad! :yes:

Got the last bits for the costumes today, can't wait for the fancy dress competiton! ph34r.gif

Desperately trying to get ALL my 45 sales in readiness for this weekend - and that's DESPITE (until last Saturday) thinking the Weekender was a week later than it actually is !! So ALREADY a week behind :lol::thumbsup:I guess some things will NEVER change !! :shades:

Looking forward to seeing, and conversing with, loads of Soulies I both see on a regular & not so regular basis.

Didn't get around to sorting any accomodation either, so looks like my car will be seeing lots of me when it comes time to grab some shut-eye.. Certain I can find accomodating folk that will allow me to utilise the Bathroom facilities of their chalet to allow me to freshen-up & shower etc. If not - I'll just be EXTREMELY SMELLY !! :lol:

Can't wait - will head off from mine around lunchtime Friday and enjoy approx three hours for a journey that only takes 1 and 1/2. ph34r.gif

Fingers.. shades.gif

Guest Mrs Simsy

Desperately trying to get ALL my 45 sales in readiness for this weekend - and that's DESPITE (until last Saturday) thinking the Weekender was a week later than it actually is !! So ALREADY a week behind :(rolleyes.gifI guess some things will NEVER change !! :D

Looking forward to seeing, and conversing with, loads of Soulies I both see on a regular & not so regular basis.

Didn't get around to sorting any accomodation either, so looks like my car will be seeing lots of me when it comes time to grab some shut-eye.. Certain I can find accomodating folk that will allow me to utilise the Bathroom facilities of their chalet to allow me to freshen-up & shower etc. If not - I'll just be EXTREMELY SMELLY !! :lol:

Can't wait - will head off from mine around lunchtime Friday and enjoy approx three hours for a journey that only takes 1 and 1/2. :lol:

Fingers.. :D

Sure we can help you out Johnny! :thumbup:

Edited by Mrs Simsy

As I'm not going to Cleethorpes myself I'm looking for a small favour from one of the multitudes that are making the journey.....

I have a very big box of CDs in my attic, CDs which belong to Melvin Davis. If anybody from Coventry or nearby would be willing to come and collect them from me and deliver them to Melvin it would be much appreciated.....sure Melvin would be quite pleased to get them as well :lol: . PM me if you can help out :thumbup: . Sian, Kylee or one of the lovely Rugby crowd maybe?????

Cheers,

Adam.

And could you not have given them to at least one of us on Fri or Sat this week... rolleyes.gif

I'm mad busy the next two days but if you can get them to me, then no probs.

Us women have lots of preparations for weekends away you know... :D

Desperately trying to get ALL my 45 sales in readiness for this weekend - and that's DESPITE (until last Saturday) thinking the Weekender was a week later than it actually is !! So ALREADY a week behind :(:DI guess some things will NEVER change !! :D

Didn't get around to sorting any accomodation either, so looks like my car will be seeing lots of me when it comes time to grab some shut-eye.. Certain I can find accomodating folk that will allow me to utilise the Bathroom facilities of their chalet to allow me to freshen-up & shower etc. If not - I'll just be EXTREMELY SMELLY !! :D

Can't wait - will head off from mine around lunchtime Friday and enjoy approx three hours for a journey that only takes 1 and 1/2. :lol:

Fingers.. :lol:

.....any nice little girlie toons in there, you know what I like whistling.gif:thumbup:

If there is I may be able to do a trade for a nice warm shower & a square meal :(:lol:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Thankfully laugh.gif:thumbup::D Especially if the weather is good we would have to look at those knees all weekend :lol::D

QoFxx

Even if the weather was bad we probably still would Chrissie. You know Dave. Slightest sign of summer and out come the shorts and sandals :lol:

Even if the weather was bad we probably still would Chrissie. You know Dave. Slightest sign of summer and out come the shorts and sandals laugh.gif

Well I suppose the one saving grace is he doesn't wear socks with his sandles............now that would just be wrong :thumbup::D:lol:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Just off to catch me plane - with a bit of luck I'll be back in good ole blighty Fri morning and in Willy's on Cleethorpes seafront for dinner-time. :boxing:

Trunks out Elephants biggrin.gif

And could you not have given them to at least one of us on Fri or Sat this week... :boxing:

I'm mad busy the next two days but if you can get them to me, then no probs.

Us women have lots of preparations for weekends away you know... :lol:

That was the plan...stick them in the car and give to somebody at Move On or Six Hills to take with them. But us men men (well me in particular) have no memory you know..... :lol:

Bit manic myself this week but if I get the chance will try and drop them round thumbsup.gif

Guest SteveC

Desperately trying to get ALL my 45 sales in readiness for this weekend - and that's DESPITE (until last Saturday) thinking the Weekender was a week later than it actually is !! So ALREADY a week behind :(rolleyes.gifI guess some things will NEVER change !! :D

Fingers.. :lol:

Could be you and me both doing the car thing then Johnny :boxing:

At least 50% of the Staten and Statenettes will be in attendance - good chance of the full house tho :lol::lol:

I keep telling you the female of Staten is Statton. :lol:

This little Statton will be there and in celebratory mood.

I am usually quite reserved at cleggy but as have had a poo week with work and some other stuff this little Statton needs to PARTY :boxing:beer.gif

QoFxx

Source Advert