Tim Brown Talks.........thru His @rse

• Replies 141
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's not very often we disagree Joan, but i thought it was overall an awful spot at Prestatyn 2008. Okay he played some good records, but he played 4, yes 4 that the previous dj had played. There's no excuse for that. And where's all these rare records he's had for years that he's got, and no one else has?

I wasn't talking about 2008 Martyn. I was talking about 2005.

I decided to give it one last go in 2006 but he was even worse that year so I swore never to go again.

I only went this year because of the Willingham room.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

BLOODY GOOD ROOM AS WELL:thumbup: TOP TUNES ALL NIGHT

Social source share

Guest REVILOT

:laugh: surely not....

Tim Brown playlist from his last visit at the Hip City Soul Club this April

Hank Hodge Eye for An Eye

COD`s She´s Fire

Parliaments This Is My Rainy Day

Tiarras Surprise

Tiarras Foolish Girl

Isonics Sugar

Timmy Carr Workin

Preludes Wait A MInute unrel.

Kell Osborne Law Against A Heartbreaker

Mamselles open Up Your Heart

Henry C Country Girl

Calvin Grayson Love Just Begun

Wally Hoskins Switch Around

Linda Jones You Can`t Take It

Young Bros. Baby

Tony Galla Band So In Love Instr. unrel.

Spyder Turner I`m Alive With A LOvin Feeling

Kavetts I`ve giot AStiry To Tell You

Oracles I Only Cry Once Day Now unrel. C/UP

Little Tommy Baby Can`t You See

Joe Simon Long Hot Summer

Passions If You See My Baby

Tommy & The Derbys Don`t Play That Role

Eric Mercury Lonely Girl

Voices Inc. Thinkin

Bill Dennis I`ll Never Let You Get Away

Danny Owens I Can`t Be A Fool For You

Lee Fields Take Me Back

Billy Byrd Lost In A Crowd

Tiny Taylor Bring My Coffee C/UP

Willie Dee It Looks Like

Ebony Essence Let Me In

Barbara King What I Did In The Street

Jimmy James Thomas I Can`t Dance

Jackey Beavers Show Were Not Too Young

Towanda Barnes Find Someone To Love

Salt & Pepper Man Of My Word

Eddie Whitehead Just Your Fool

https://www.soul-sour...1entry1069842

Have not and will not understand why people keep on banging about people who are not members on here and because of that very reason alone can not defend themselves(on here). Beside that he has a knowledge about Amercian Soul Music so deep that leds me believe he sure has forgotten more then most of us will ever know..

Marc

Tim is Tim

Loves Soul music, likes a laugh.

I have not read the article so wont comment

But .... my main reson for post is the Joe Simon track mentioned in his playlist - what a belter..

Always better to talk about records than people IMHO..

Social source share

I am not saying I like or think its funny to watch how Soul Sam and Tim Brown are having a go at each other via their publications...maybe they do laugh about it themselves behind locked doors. But this has nth to do with the above made comments.

Marc

They do laugh about it themselves, regularly talk, meet and generally get on very well. I actually like their written skirmishes as both parties happily convey their passion and foibles for all to see. Good luck to 'em I say.

For the record, Sam submits his column on hand-written longhand A4 sheets of paper, which is then de-scrambled and re-typed by some poor functionary who'll often ring up several times an hour for clarification purposes. Luckily, it's not written in Welsh...........

Tim has not yet discovered the wonder of the web for quick fact-checking and thus has to rely on a brain which is also addled with a lifetime of zoological information. This is a guy who's only just learned how to use a mobile phone, still works with holes in his jumpers and thought the internet was a fishing implement!

I think it's fair to say that these guys have yet to come to terms with the 21st century so one has to allow 'em both a certain level of tolerance!

Ian D :D

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

They do laugh about it themselves, regularly talk, meet and generally get on very well. I actually like their written skirmishes as both parties happily convey their passion and foibles for all to see. Good luck to 'em I say.

For the record, Sam submits his column on hand-written longhand A4 sheets of paper, which is then de-scrambled and re-typed by some poor functionary who'll often ring up several times an hour for clarification purposes. Luckily, it's not written in Welsh...........

Tim has not yet discovered the wonder of the web for quick fact-checking and thus has to rely on a brain which is also addled with a lifetime of zoological information. This is a guy who's only just learned how to use a mobile phone, still works with holes in his jumpers and thought the internet was a fishing implement!

I think it's fair to say that these guys have yet to come to terms with the 21st century so one has to allow 'em both a certain level of tolerance!

Looks like this story is gonna run, and whilst part of it may be tongue in cheek. There is a great deal more that can, and has been construed as not so.

Tim's love of soul is not in question, his record collection either, not even his knowledge, or his business sense. It's just his 'I know best' attitude that grates, and all the rest us of seem like humble beings in comparison. The word humility has been used. Could be a word that will crop up again?

Martyn

Social source share

Looks like this story is gonna run, and whilst part of it may be tongue in cheek. There is a great deal more that can, and has been construed as not so.

Tim's love of soul is not in question, his record collection either, not even his knowledge, or his business sense. It's just his 'I know best' attitude that grates, and all the rest us of seem like humble beings in comparison. The word humility has been used. Could be a word that will crop up again?

Martyn

His 'I know best' attitude didn't look so great last week when he couldn't even operate his satellite T.V. LOL. I have FANTASTIC fun regularly watching him proceed at full-pace into a brick wall and then grudgingly eat humble-pie. It's become one of my favorite past-times trying to catch him out which doesn't happen often enough for my liking

I'll say one thing for Tim - if he's proved wrong he's man enough to admit his mistake and apologise accordingly. I'll tell him he got his facts wrong on this Betty Harris score and see how he blusters his way out of it (which is entertaining in itself)!

Here's a guy who takes pleasure in stockpiling 1000's of Freddie North records, so he's not entirely a full shilling as we say in the Calderdale Valley.........laugh.gif

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

His 'I know best' attitude didn't look so great last week when he couldn't even operate his satellite T.V. LOL. I have FANTASTIC fun regularly watching him proceed at full-pace into a brick wall and then grudgingly eat humble-pie. It's become one of my favorite past-times trying to catch him out which doesn't happen often enough for my liking

I'll say one thing for Tim - if he's proved wrong he's man enough to admit his mistake and apologise accordingly. I'll tell him he got his facts wrong on this Betty Harris score and see how he blusters his way out of it (which is entertaining in itself)!

Here's a guy who takes pleasure in stockpiling 1000's of Freddie North records, so he's not entirely a full shilling as we say in the Calderdale Valley.........laugh.gif

Ian D biggrin.gif

"Love To Hate" by Freddie North (the Abet version rather than the Mankind one) is an absolutely fantastic soul record and will have it's day!

Social source share

"Love To Hate" by Freddie North (the Abet version rather than the Mankind one) is an absolutely fantastic soul record and will have it's day!

f--k me love to hate is awesome if he has thoushands of these then perhaps to improve his PR Ian he should post one to each member of soul source who has give him a rough ride lol.

BAZ Awicked.gif

Social source share

I'm sure it will Gareth, but I'm talking about the Freddie North one on Mankind which can be found in quantity in every corner of the world and as ballast in most ocean going ships!

Is there any reason why they'd have pressed several million copies of a record which patently never sold and could in fact, make an exact scale model of the Empire State building in vinyl?

Answers to Mr Know It All @ Anglo American Freddie North recycling centre...........laugh.gif

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

I'm sure it will Gareth, but I'm talking about the Freddie North one on Mankind which can be found in quantity in every corner of the world and as ballast in most ocean going ships!

Is there any reason why they'd have pressed several million copies of a record which patently never sold and could in fact, make an exact scale model of the Empire State building in vinyl?

Answers to Mr Know It All @ Anglo American Freddie North recycling centre...........laugh.gif

Ian D biggrin.gif

This thread gets better by the minute, thanks for cheering me up you lot.

Martyn

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

I wasn't talking about 2008 Martyn. I was talking about 2005.

I decided to give it one last go in 2006 but he was even worse that year so I swore never to go again.

My memory don't stretch past the last two years, but looks like i'm with you on this Joan. Was probably my last Prestatyn.

Martyn

Social source share

f--k me love to hate is awesome if he has thoushands of these then perhaps to improve his PR Ian he should post one to each member of soul source who has give him a rough ride lol.

BAZ Awicked.gif

LOL. I'm sure you and Tim could spend countless evenings waxing lyrical about the merits of Freddie North Baz!

Me? I'd far rather watch him struggling to get his TV working via the Sky telephone helpline which involved him using the phone in a seperate room and then frantically dashing from one room to another with each seperate instruction from the lady at Sky......Hilarious!

There was a point when he tried to enlist me in the process by telling him what was on the screen whilst he was on the phone in the other room and at that exact point what looked to be a green Gekko popped up on the screen, so I yelled out "There's a Gekko Tim"! He thought I was taking the piss and came in to look for himself and then pointed out that it was in fact a Chamaeleo Calyptratus which should give you some indication of where his head's at................laugh.gif

How can you win............?

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Tim is Tim

Loves Soul music, likes a laugh.

I have not read the article so wont comment

But .... my main reson for post is the Joe Simon track mentioned in his playlist - what a belter..

Always better to talk about records than people IMHO..

Joe Simon - indeed a great record and obtainable for around £10. :yes:

Social source share

LOL. I'm sure you and Tim could spend countless evenings waxing lyrical about the merits of Freddie North Baz!

Me? I'd far rather watch him struggling to get his TV working via the Sky telephone helpline which involved him using the phone in a seperate room and then frantically dashing from one room to another with each seperate instruction from the lady at Sky......Hilarious!

There was a point when he tried to enlist me in the process by telling him what was on the screen whilst he was on the phone in the other room and at that exact point what looked to be a green Gekko popped up on the screen, so I yelled out "There's a Gekko Tim"! He thought I was taking the piss and came in to look for himself and then pointed out that it was in fact a Chamaeleo Calyptratus which should give you some indication of where his head's at................laugh.gif

Ian D biggrin.gif

thumbup.gif priceless !!!

Social source share

There was a point when he tried to enlist me in the process by telling him what was on the screen whilst he was on the phone in the other room and at that exact point what looked to be a green Gekko popped up on the screen, so I yelled out "There's a Gekko Tim"! He thought I was taking the piss and came in to look for himself and then pointed out that it was in fact a Chamaeleo Calyptratus which should give you some indication of where his head's at................:laugh:

Ian the way you tell stories is fantastic :laugh:

Social source share

Ian the way you tell stories is fantastic laugh.gif

I'm merely a conduit for what happens in real life Dylan. Truth is far stranger than fiction especially with characters like Tim, Sam, Soussan, Levine, Pete Lawson, Bub, Swish, Kegsy etc, etc. Much more entertaining than a Jeffrey Archer novel that's for sure........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Luckily, it's not written in Welsh.....

......slightly off topic I know,but once had a conversation with Sam when I purchased Dana Valery (which he doesn't like) from him,me being Welsh of course asked him if he spoke the lingo and he said he did not,so there,lol.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

There was a point when he tried to enlist me in the process by telling him what was on the screen whilst he was on the phone in the other room and at that exact point what looked to be a green Gekko popped up on the screen, so I yelled out "There's a Gekko Tim"! He thought I was taking the piss and came in to look for himself and then pointed out that it was in fact a Chamaeleo Calyptratus which should give you some indication of where his head's at................:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fer uck's sake, tears running down my cheeks. That has to be the funniest paragraph I've read on here for many awhile.

Social source share

Luckily, it's not written in Welsh.....

......slightly off topic I know,but once had a conversation with Sam when I purchased Dana Valery (which he doesn't like) from him,me being Welsh of course asked him if he spoke the lingo and he said he did not,so there,lol.

And why would he speak Welsh when he lives in England? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

And why would he speak Welsh when he lives in England? :thumbsup:

Correction. The village he lives in is in Wales. That part of Wales used to be part of the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Mercia, with Offa's Dyke the man made boundary between Anglo-Saxon England and Wales runs West of Wrexham. Hence all the English names like Broughton and Buckley.

Also Soul Sam was born in England, near Manchester to be precise. So a non-Welshman in reality.

History lesson over.

Martyn

Social source share

BAZ Awicked.gif

Do you have a clip of the Abet version Baz?smile.gif

Social source share

laugh.gif surely not....

Tim Brown playlist from his last visit at the Hip City Soul Club this April

Hank Hodge Eye for An Eye

COD`s She´s Fire

Parliaments This Is My Rainy Day

Tiarras Surprise

Tiarras Foolish Girl

Isonics Sugar

Timmy Carr Workin

Preludes Wait A MInute unrel.

Kell Osborne Law Against A Heartbreaker

Mamselles open Up Your Heart

Henry C Country Girl

Calvin Grayson Love Just Begun

Wally Hoskins Switch Around

Linda Jones You Can`t Take It

Young Bros. Baby

Tony Galla Band So In Love Instr. unrel.

Spyder Turner I`m Alive With A LOvin Feeling

Kavetts I`ve giot AStiry To Tell You

Oracles I Only Cry Once Day Now unrel. C/UP

Little Tommy Baby Can`t You See

Joe Simon Long Hot Summer

Passions If You See My Baby

Tommy & The Derbys Don`t Play That Role

Eric Mercury Lonely Girl

Voices Inc. Thinkin

Bill Dennis I`ll Never Let You Get Away

Danny Owens I Can`t Be A Fool For You

Lee Fields Take Me Back

Billy Byrd Lost In A Crowd

Tiny Taylor Bring My Coffee C/UP

Willie Dee It Looks Like

Ebony Essence Let Me In

Barbara King What I Did In The Street

Jimmy James Thomas I Can`t Dance

Jackey Beavers Show Were Not Too Young

Towanda Barnes Find Someone To Love

Salt & Pepper Man Of My Word

Eddie Whitehead Just Your Fool

https://www.soul-sour...1entry1069842

Have not and will not understand why people keep on banging about people who are not members on here and because of that very reason alone can not defend themselves(on here). Beside that he has a knowledge about Amercian Soul Music so deep that leds me believe he sure has forgotten more then most of us will ever know..

Marc

Last three times i heard him, he was shite...he looked more bored than i was!yes.gif above playlist isnt my cup of tea. BUT, its better than he did at Prestatyn....He actually put me off ever going again...He has probably forgotten a lot as you say.(definitely forgot any decent tunes that night)...

.A point you miss Marc, is that a lot of these so called gurus, dont EVER go out on the scene in UK...they are so far out of touch its staggering. Tims funky Northern section on list is way off...its just that its the next marketing genre and these guys need to make money....but as for knowledge, i can list loads of tunes that are not in the book, but are DEFINITELY being played and getting a good response. So wheres their knowledge there? If they actually went out as punters instead of GURUS(only when they dj) they might gain an insight into whats actually going on! I cant respect some guy officiating and pontificating over a scene hes not on.

Manifesto...just a lads mag really...for a little clique of self perpetuating people. You only ever see the same people in it...its a sort of soul free masons magazine!

best

paul

Social source share

A point you miss Marc, is that a lot of these so called gurus, dont EVER go out on the scene in UK...they are so far out of touch its staggering. Tims funky Northern section on list is way off...its just that its the next marketing genre and these guys need to make money....but as for knowledge, i can list loads of tunes that are not in the book, but are DEFINITELY being played and getting a good response. So wheres their knowledge there? If they actually went out as punters instead of GURUS(only when they dj) they might gain an insight into whats actually going on! I cant respect some guy officiating and pontificating over a scene hes not on.

Manifesto...just a lads mag really...for a little clique of self perpetuating people. You only ever see the same people in it...its a sort of soul free masons magazine!

best

paul

You're wrong Paul. Manifesto covers a lot of ground across different areas of the scene and anyone is free to contribute if they can write a halfway decent article. None of the contributors get paid and the magazine is down to whoever is up for writing something that's relevent to the scene. New contributors join all the time and articles can be submitted by anyone as has been done for the last 106 issues.

If you feel so strongly about it, then feel free to knock up a 2K word article that is relevent to your area of the scene and I'll submit it to the editor and he'll consider it the same way that he considers everyone elses efforts.

I guess it's an easy thing to knock a magazine that has been around for the last 14 years but maybe you may be better putting all that vitriol towards writing something yourself rather than attacking people who take the time to write something month in month out fueled mainly by enthusiasm and love of the music. Not as easy as it looks believe me...........

Social source share

Correction. The village he lives in is in Wales. That part of Wales used to be part of the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Mercia, with Offa's Dyke the man made boundary between Anglo-Saxon England and Wales runs West of Wrexham. Hence all the English names like Broughton and Buckley.

Also Soul Sam was born in England, near Manchester to be precise. So a non-Welshman in reality.

History lesson over.

Martyn

Sorry Martyn, and at the risk of sounding like Tim B.in one of his articles :thumbsup: If you look at a map you will see that the village that Sam lives in IS in ENGLAND, not Wales.

Steve

Social source share

Sorry Martyn, and at the risk of sounding like Tim B.in one of his articles laugh.gif If you look at a map you will see that the village that Sam lives in IS in ENGLAND, not Wales.

Steve

Wow. Quite incredible this LOL....

My original text read, "Luckily, it's not written in Welsh..........."

I feel it's only fair to point out that I threw this line in because 'Welsh' was the first thing I thought of probably because I vaguely remembered Sam living somewhere towards Wales.

However, virtually any language could in fact be subsitituted - Chinese, Russian, Venezualan, Swahili, Moari, Martian etc, etc - so please feel free to take your pick guys. I hasten to add that I was in no way casting any aspertions as to the geological positioning of Mr Barnfather. I'd like to make that very clear.

However, as a result of this thread, I seem to have developed an almost pathological desire to study and learn everything possible about Offa's Dyke. How did it get its name? Who is Offa and what's the deal with her dyke then......?

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Offa was King of Mercia from 757 to 796.

I thought everyone knew that!

unsure.gif

Sean

So was Offas dyke his Lesbian sister?

Social source share

Offa was King of Mercia from 757 to 796.

unsure.gif

Sean

Damn Sean. I can't get anything right today! unsure.gif

OK then, what's the deal with his dyke then......

I would have thought too many dykes knocking around could be a real threat to the continued health of the Mercia monarchy though............

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

So was Offas dyke his Lesbian sister?

Not at all.

He had no sisters (that we are aware of).

Ian,

Offa's Dyke is a massive linear earthwork oughly following some of the current border between Wales & England. In places, it is up to 65 feet (20 m) wide (including its surrounding ditch) and 8 feet (2.5 m) high. In the eighth century it formed some kind of delineation between the Anglian kingdom of Mercia and the Welsh kingdom of Powys. It has been the subject of considerable research in recent years, dispelling many of the earlier understandings.

:unsure:

But you're right, it was probably one Dyke too many for the continuation of Mercia and its Monarchy as it is now the seat of the Barnfather dynasty!

Sean

:lol:

Social source share

Bickering, backstabbing, back biting and bitching. Long live the camaraderie of the soul scene .... I didn't want to get drawn into this but.... Isn't what is going on in this thread just what Tim and indeed Sam do in their columns, albeit very childish? Saying nowt more. Simple as

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Bickering, backstabbing, back biting and bitching. Long live the camaraderie of the soul scene .... I didn't want to get drawn into this but.... Isn't what is going on in this thread just what Tim and indeed Sam do in their columns, albeit very childish? Saying nowt more. Simple as

Can I come at this from another angle?There will always be, in any "scene" be people who have the best or want to be the best,or would like to think they are the best.BUT.There will always be people who see things from another angle------------------I took my youngest son to a Classic car show at Tatton Park in Cheshire earlier this year,one of the stands we had a good look round was the Mercedes owners club stand,--fabulous Marquee--people dressed in blazers boaters and their badges prominent.We took particular notice of the 90's sl's.We were in shorts t shirts and flip flops,I attempted to talk to one of the "members"--he totally blanked me and my 15 year old son because I was not "known"and did not look the part-------------but we had driven down there in my 96 Merc sl,but because I was not A face?-----------the point I am trying to make is EVERYBODY whether they are dancers ,chin scratchers,collectors,whatever,are relevant to this scene,-------------- ,stop bitching and enjoy the fact that there has never been so many options,so many places to go---------------when I was first on this scene there was one club a weekend-----------think about it!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Can I come at this from another angle?There will always be, in any "scene" be people who have the best or want to be the best,or would like to think they are the best.BUT.There will always be people who see things from another angle------------------I took my youngest son to a Classic car show at Tatton Park in Cheshire earlier this year,one of the stands we had a good look round was the Mercedes owners club stand,--fabulous Marquee--people dressed in blazers boaters and their badges prominent.We took particular notice of the 90's sl's.We were in shorts t shirts and flip flops,I attempted to talk to one of the "members"--he totally blanked me and my 15 year old son because I was not "known"and did not look the part-------------but we had driven down there in my 96 Merc sl,but because I was not A face?-----------the point I am trying to make is EVERYBODY whether they are dancers ,chin scratchers,collectors,whatever,are relevant to this scene,-------------- ,stop bitching and enjoy the fact that there has never been so many options,so many places to go---------------when I was first on this scene there was one club a weekend-----------think about it!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree with you more Proudlove. thumbup.gif

Soul Source is probably the most democratic way of everybody having their say in this day and age and I applaud different points of view whether I agree with 'em or not. Always have.

I actually pretty much avoid a lot of the scene's politics. Life's too short. Plus the benefit of old age and experience has taught me that you're never too old learn and you're never too young to fall in love...........

Tim can be opinionated. Likewise Sam. And a massive amount of people on here.

We should be so lucky that we have such a broad range of views and opinions to draw from and a forum which encourages and receives intelligent debate. This scene actively encourages characters so let's not be surprised that some of 'em come across as opinionated. It'd be pretty dull without 'em.......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

You're wrong Paul. Manifesto covers a lot of ground across different areas of the scene and anyone is free to contribute if they can write a halfway decent article. None of the contributors get paid and the magazine is down to whoever is up for writing something that's relevent to the scene. New contributors join all the time and articles can be submitted by anyone as has been done for the last 106 issues.

If you feel so strongly about it, then feel free to knock up a 2K word article that is relevent to your area of the scene and I'll submit it to the editor and he'll consider it the same way that he considers everyone elses efforts.

I guess it's an easy thing to knock a magazine that has been around for the last 14 years but maybe you may be better putting all that vitriol towards writing something yourself rather than attacking people who take the time to write something month in month out fueled mainly by enthusiasm and love of the music. Not as easy as it looks believe me...........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Ian

I've sent a letter into Manifesto as i do feel strongly like some of the other people posting on here, doing a Tim Brown if you like. Giving him some of his own mediicine. Right or wrong, i await the reply. It has been noted that Mr Brown seems to have strong views on a scene that he doesn't know.

There's some good upfront/ progressive venues out there, with people doing a hard enough job without Tim knocking it.

Martyn

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Sorry Martyn, and at the risk of sounding like Tim B.in one of his articles :lol: If you look at a map you will see that the village that Sam lives in IS in ENGLAND, not Wales.

Steve

Steve

The postal address i've got for him, has Clywd as the county. Which i thought was in Wales. I've also passed the place on the way to Wrexham, and it's about 10 miles or so over the border.

Martyn

Social source share

Ian

I've sent a letter into Manifesto as i do feel strongly like some of the other people posting on here, doing a Tim Brown if you like. Giving him some of his own mediicine. Right or wrong, i await the reply. It has been noted that Mr Brown seems to have strong views on a scene that he doesn't know.

There's some good upfront/ progressive venues out there, with people doing a hard enough job without Tim knocking it.

Martyn

OK, good on ya!

Manifesto encourages debate. I spoke to Mike earlier today and there's absolutely zero doubt that Tim is attracting comment for sure LOL. There's even threats of legal action from some quarters which is unusual.

I'd actively encourage someone to have a pop at Tim. He's far too smug for my liking anyway LOL......

The next issue is out in September and I'd like to see some serious communications about how the magazine evolves. I for one would encourage some new contributors to add to the wealth of present contributors.

Mike Ritson calls the shots and he's a pretty open to all viewpoints IMO, so I'll make sure he's aware of your letter.

It's a constantly evolving scene and any magazine worth it's salt should reflect that.

So YES! PLEASE have a pop @ Tim. He'd probably enjoy it...........

But no zoo questions please! That'd be just too easy for him. The bastard.............laugh.gif

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Steve

The postal address i've got for him, has Clywd as the county. Which i thought was in Wales. I've also passed the place on the way to Wrexham, and it's about 10 miles or so over the border.

Martyn

Martyn, look at the map. :lol: The village is in England, we'll never let the Welsh lay claim to it. :ohmy:

And Sam is orignally from the Lake District I seem to recall......

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Martyn, look at the map. :shades: The village is in England, we'll never let the Welsh lay claim to it. :thumbsup:

Whatever. Think we made our point and got off the subject Steve.

Martyn

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Martyn, look at the map. :thumbup: The village is in England, we'll never let the Welsh lay claim to it. :D

Steve/Martyn/Tim

Only just read this thread; not been on the site too much over the past few weeks. Sorry to reopen it so late on.

Can I actually categorically confirm tha Sam lives in WALES. Overton-on-Dee to be precise (which is also where I live, hence my ability to be categoric on this). Its Welsh name is Owrtyn

Don't know which map you've got Steve, but O-o-D is 2 miles inside the Welsh border and has no part of its boundaries in England. (Tip - don't buy maps with the inscription 'Printed in China' on them).

Also Sam originates from Kendal, and actually is the proud holder of a temporary Welsh passport; he is near to gaining full Welsh citizenship, but keeps falling at the last hurdle of his citizenship test as he can't say the simple 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch' whenever he goes for his final interviews!!

His date of birth is.................... - oh no, won't open that one up:laugh: .

Biography over.....for now!!

Brian thumbsup.gif

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

Steve/Martyn/Tim

Only just read this thread; not been on the site too much over the past few weeks. Sorry to reopen it so late on.

Can I actually categorically confirm tha Sam lives in WALES. Overton-on-Dee to be precise (which is also where I live, hence my ability to be categoric on this). Its Welsh name is Owrtyn

Don't know which map you've got Steve, but O-o-D is 2 miles inside the Welsh border and has no part of its boundaries in England. (Tip - don't buy maps with the inscription 'Printed in China' on them).

Also Sam originates from Kendal, and actually is the proud holder of a temporary Welsh passport; he is near to gaining full Welsh citizenship, but keeps falling at the last hurdle of his citizenship test as he can't say the simple 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch' whenever he goes for his final interviews!!

His date of birth is.................... - oh no, won't open that one uplaugh.gif .

Biography over.....for now!!

Brian thumbsup.gif

Phew. Glad we got that sorted then! That bloody Steve G throwing red-herrings in again!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Don't we all at times.

Maybe he doesn't read Manifesto. Does everybody on here? I don't. Hardly surprising he's not "au fait" with exactly what's happening in Australia. I don't keep up with what's going on in Yorkshire.

"Tim Brown talks thru his ass"? Late night chat show on Channel 4. I'd tune in.

ROD

...for the avoidance of doubt no such show is currently being planned by Channel 4 and since it would appeal largely to old down-market males it would be a commercial mistake.

Social source share

...for the avoidance of doubt no such show is currently being planned by Channel 4 and since it would appeal largely to old down-market males it would be a commercial mistake.

Ok. Are Channel 4 making one about a pregnant teeen sponging off her mother who wants to be a top model once she's had liposuction because shes embarrassed by her body, and got back from bad mams camp set in the jungle where Bear Grylls searches for chimps that have gone bad during the worlds worst weather, and where the people who all live together are cringingly over the top, false and pretentious and need to go to a charm school for scrubbers, while Police cars chase them through Manchester , all captured on CCTV, while teams build a fully workable recording studio from a wheelbarrow a mangle and two old kettles ?

Social source share

Let's face it you're never gonna be able to afford Jeremy Clarkson so get in on the ground floor with Tim now.

And what would Channel 4 know about commercial success. You've got the new Buffy in "Reaper" and you hide it away on E4 and new episodes of "Come dine with me" should be on C4 7-8pm Saturday night.

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert