Tim Brown Talks.........thru His @rse

Manifesto readers may have read TB's column in the July Manifesto where he (as usual) has a pop at Soul Sam, John Manship, Ady Croasdell and anybody else who dares to write or express an opinion about the NS scene. The first part of his column is devoted to an attack on the accuracy of the Ginger Taylor book, he then goes on to have a go at Sam, writing amongst other things "...I'm genuinely astounded that a former teacher is not more concerned with getting facts right..."

TB then told us he was "absolutely astounded" (he seems to get astounded a lot !) to see that Betty Harris appeared live at the National Northern Soul Weekender in Perth, Australia. Well he wasn't half as astounded as myself and the 200+ other Perth & Australia residents were to read this - because we were at our National Northern Soul Weekender back in November last year, and Betty wasn't !

Maybe if TB had payed a bit more attention to Roy Burton's article in the June Manifesto, he would have read that Betty Harris actually appeared at the Fly-by-Night club in Fremantle (close to Perth) in April this year.

Now what was that about "getting facts right" ??

8-)

Social source share

• Replies 141
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Unfortunately he has a knack of writing (in general he's a good writer) that sounds very authorative and given his knowledge and great collection he often is. However he makes some really bad mistakes in his articles and the last one I thought he must have been pissed when he wrote it.

I've already written a letter to Manifesto correcting some of the blatant ones like saying there were half a dozen James Carr on Goldwax Northern when there were actually three and claiming I had nicked the title name from a CD he did, which again was totally inaccurate, our title was completely different to what he was claiming.

Wind ups can be funny, but his feuds go on too long and can become boring, it's his intentional inaccuracies that I think are damaging.

Social source share

Manifesto readers may have read TB's column in the July Manifesto where he (as usual) has a pop at Soul Sam, John Manship, Ady Croasdell and anybody else who dares to write or express an opinion about the NS scene. The first part of his column is devoted to an attack on the accuracy of the Ginger Taylor book, he then goes on to have a go at Sam, writing amongst other things "...I'm genuinely astounded that a former teacher is not more concerned with getting facts right..."

TB then told us he was "absolutely astounded" (he seems to get astounded a lot !) to see that Betty Harris appeared live at the National Northern Soul Weekender in Perth, Australia. Well he wasn't half as astounded as myself and the 200+ other Perth & Australia residents were to read this - because we were at our National Northern Soul Weekender back in November last year, and Betty wasn't !

Maybe if TB had payed a bit more attention to Roy Burton's article in the June Manifesto, he would have read that Betty Harris actually appeared at the Fly-by-Night club in Fremantle (close to Perth) in April this year.

8-)

Eyup Denny, Perhaps we should ask Tim to be the ' special ' guest deejay at the 4th anniversary of the FLYBYNIGHT in January eh?? Would he be a contender against John M. and what would he play ?? Keep up the threads. Tony T BONE.

Social source share

Eyup Denny, Perhaps we should ask Tim to be the ' special ' guest deejay at the 4th anniversary of the FLYBYNIGHT in January eh?? Would he be a contender against John M. and what would he play ?? Keep up the threads. Tony T BONE.

Take on board Adey's comments. But let me say this, if Tim were guest DJ at FLYBYNIGHT, I suspect he would play a set that we could only dream about. What you have to know about Tim, is that he is a man that cares, and has a great ear for soul music irrespective of era. He had many of todays top plays 60's 70's, 80's before anyone else. He just tells it as he sees it, and has the humility to acknowledge when he is off track slightly in his commentary.

Social source share

it's his intentional inaccuracies that I think are damaging.

not wanting to sound too negative but I don't think he is the only person guilty of this. Those that know the facts don't always want to share them and sometimes mislead....

Social source share

not wanting to sound too negative but I don't think he is the only person guilty of this. Those that know the facts don't always want to share them and sometimes mislead....

I'm not sure if that was aimed at anyone in particular but I hope I'm only guilty of that. The only knowing misleading I ever did was to initially have some cover-up names for some unissued tapes to prevent people either boot;legging them or applying for rights before we had had a chance to get them out after conducting a lot of research and hard work on them. Subsequent events usually proved me right to be cautious, the Mayfield Singers in particular being an example of how some people would nick a sound if they could.

Funnily enough I've just done 6,000 words on a sleevenote for the anniversary singles CD that explains why the Magic Touch was originally credited to Jackie Day for that very reason.

Unless the excuse was being paralytic I'm not sure how you could mistake 3 tracks for 6 or get the name of the CD totally wrong and make a fuss about it plagiarising when it clearly wasn't.

Edited by ady croasdell
Social source share

Don't we all at times.

Maybe he doesn't read Manifesto. Does everybody on here? I don't. Hardly surprising he's not "au fait" with exactly what's happening in Australia. I don't keep up with what's going on in Yorkshire.

Surprised he got muddled with the James Carr tracks as I remember him championing this guy and other dreary [only IMHO of course] deep soul guys back in mid-70's when he was spending all his pocket-money on this stuff. He was probably thinking lemurs as he often does.

"Tim Brown talks thru his ass"? Late night chat show on Channel 4. I'd tune in.

ROD

Social source share

Take on board Adey's comments. But let me say this, if Tim were guest DJ at FLYBYNIGHT, I suspect he would play a set that we could only dream about. What you have to know about Tim, is that he is a man that cares, and has a great ear for soul music irrespective of era. He had many of todays top plays 60's 70's, 80's before anyone else. He just tells it as he sees it, and has the humility to acknowledge when he is off track slightly in his commentary.

Last few times i heard him, he played the same old, same old, as do a lot of these guys who HAVE EVERYTHING. I dont give a f--k what they have, if they play a load of boring tosh when they dj. Its all right sitting at home tossing over your rare tunes and trying to lord it over the soul scene (a scene that he is never seen out on!) and being verbose and arrogant, if you then do a blinding set that backs up your talk! Last time i saw him, his rarest play was 'Deep Dark Secret'. He may have had every tune people play today, it doesn't matter if you haven't got the balls to play them out....and he certainly is way off track in his tenuous price guide that has most of todays rarities missing from it.

Just my opinion of course...

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Don't we all at times.

Maybe he doesn't read Manifesto. Does everybody on here? I don't.

ROD

everyone doesn't write for it though ...if he cares as much as someone said surely he'd read the mag he writes for ? ....no?

Social source share

Last few times i heard him, he played the same old, same old,.......! Last time i saw him, his rarest play was 'Deep Dark Secret'. He may have had every tune people play today, it doesn't matter if you haven't got the balls to play them out....

:laugh: surely not....

Tim Brown playlist from his last visit at the Hip City Soul Club this April

Hank Hodge Eye for An Eye

COD`s She´s Fire

Parliaments This Is My Rainy Day

Tiarras Surprise

Tiarras Foolish Girl

Isonics Sugar

Timmy Carr Workin

Preludes Wait A MInute unrel.

Kell Osborne Law Against A Heartbreaker

Mamselles open Up Your Heart

Henry C Country Girl

Calvin Grayson Love Just Begun

Wally Hoskins Switch Around

Linda Jones You Can`t Take It

Young Bros. Baby

Tony Galla Band So In Love Instr. unrel.

Spyder Turner I`m Alive With A LOvin Feeling

Kavetts I`ve giot AStiry To Tell You

Oracles I Only Cry Once Day Now unrel. C/UP

Little Tommy Baby Can`t You See

Joe Simon Long Hot Summer

Passions If You See My Baby

Tommy & The Derbys Don`t Play That Role

Eric Mercury Lonely Girl

Voices Inc. Thinkin

Bill Dennis I`ll Never Let You Get Away

Danny Owens I Can`t Be A Fool For You

Lee Fields Take Me Back

Billy Byrd Lost In A Crowd

Tiny Taylor Bring My Coffee C/UP

Willie Dee It Looks Like

Ebony Essence Let Me In

Barbara King What I Did In The Street

Jimmy James Thomas I Can`t Dance

Jackey Beavers Show Were Not Too Young

Towanda Barnes Find Someone To Love

Salt & Pepper Man Of My Word

Eddie Whitehead Just Your Fool

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/100725-hip-city-soul-club-25-04-09-with-tim-brown/page__p__1069842__fromsearch__1entry1069842

Have not and will not understand why people keep on banging about people who are not members on here and because of that very reason alone can not defend themselves(on here). Beside that he has a knowledge about Amercian Soul Music so deep that leds me believe he sure has forgotten more then most of us will ever know..

Marc

Social source share

Tims first love is visiting zoos,ive read manifesto -and yes mistakes lol,but if he had his mind on some obscure animal in a zoo then perhaps his judgement was elswhere,i do agree that stuff like this gets out of context,shit i made the mistake of saying i wasnt gonna read gingers book and recieved 111 emails from the manchester area threatening my life !!! I would now like to confirm that i have read the book-it aint half bad but i really dont think tom cruise will be playing him in the near future.

Soul Sam will always be one of my heros of the rare soul scene -so please can you mail me after 10 tonight as i need the gym and need to eat!!!:laugh: afterwards.

BAZ A

Social source share

Have not and will not understand why people keep on banging about people who are not members on here and because of that very reason alone can not defend themselves(on here). Beside that he has a knowledge about Amercian Soul Music so deep that leds me believe he sure has forgotten more then most of us will ever know..

Marc

Tim published an article via Manifesto. This shall give everyone on this world everywhere the right to discuss the article, its content and it's author, don't you think?

Edited by Benji
Social source share

Tim published an article via Manifesto. This shall give everyone on this world everywhere the right to discuss the article, its content and it's author, don't you think?

Is'nt it the responsibilty of a magazine editor to make sure facts are correct before publication??

Tim must be doing wonders for Manifeso sales with publicity like this .

Never met the guy but glad Mark put up his playlist to make the point ,he STILL does have something to offer on the dj front.

Love him or loathe him ,he's a legend on the rare soul scene and that's a fact!

Back on topic, if this is the sort of thing Manifesto offers i'll carry on not buying itsleep3.gif

Social source share

In fact Benji, it is a regular column he is doing for manifesto.

but anyway, my answer was targeted at the comments about Tim not having rare 45s (!) and furthermore if he has them not having the balls to play them out. This is really ridiculous and to say sth. like that about a man whose collection (and dj box although he more or less finished deejaying for now) is among the top three in the UK/world when it comes to Rare Soul is very strange...to say the least.

I am not saying I like or think its funny to watch how Soul Sam and Tim Brown are having a go at each other via their publications...maybe they do laugh about it themselves behind locked doors. But this has nth to do with the above made comments.

Marc

Social source share

laugh.gif surely not....

Afraid so. Tim Brown played Deep Dark Secret at Prestatyn and the rest of his spot was just as bad.

In fact, it was this spot and the rest of the main room DJ's that year that had me vowing never to return.

Couldn't believe it because the year before he played an absolutely fantastic spot!

Anyway, no one said he hasn't got rare 45s.

Social source share

SIDE TOPIC BUT IS TIM REALLY A BLACK BELT AND IF SO WHO DID HE TRAIN UNDER?whistling.gif IM SURE HE MENTIONED IN A CONVERSATION ONCE TO ME THAT HE HAD A BLACK BELT sleep3.gif CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM?

BAZ A

PS AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKS ME WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH THE THREAD [NOWT]IM AFRAID !!!

He has a Black Belt but it's in origami.

ROD

Social source share

Guest toaster

Come on people,Tim,s a canny lad.He was always very accomadating when i used to visit him in the mid 90,s.Back off a little.Only problem i had ,was he supported man u.WE all have our cross to bear!

Social source share

Guest kelvinx

Am I the only one that enjoys reading reading TB V SS in manifesto? Imho its usually the best part of the mag!

Must admit I thought most comments between them were a bit tongue in cheek...

Not sure why but I kinda root for SS but its usually entertaining stuff.

Social source share

I'm not sure if that was aimed at anyone in particular but I hope I'm only guilty of that. The only knowing misleading I ever did was to initially have some cover-up names for some unissued tapes to prevent people either boot;legging them or applying for rights before we had had a chance to get them out after conducting a lot of research and hard work on them. Subsequent events usually proved me right to be cautious, the Mayfield Singers in particular being an example of how some people would nick a sound if they could.

Funnily enough I've just done 6,000 words on a sleevenote for the anniversary singles CD that explains why the Magic Touch was originally credited to Jackie Day for that very reason.

Unless the excuse was being paralytic I'm not sure how you could mistake 3 tracks for 6 or get the name of the CD totally wrong and make a fuss about it plagiarising when it clearly wasn't.

certainly not aimed at you ady just a general comment.

as for a few white lies to protect a project you are working on thats totally understandable. good.gif

i've learnt a lot from your kent CD sleeve notes always enjoyed them.

Social source share

certainly not aimed at you ady just a general comment.

as for a few white lies to protect a project you are working on thats totally understandable. :good:

i've learnt a lot from your kent CD sleeve notes always enjoyed them.

Sorry Mr Zimmerman, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.

Social source share

SIDE TOPIC BUT IS TIM REALLY A BLACK BELT AND IF SO WHO DID HE TRAIN UNDER?whistling.gif IM SURE HE MENTIONED IN A CONVERSATION ONCE TO ME THAT HE HAD A BLACK BELT sleep3.gif CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM?

BAZ A

PS AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKS ME WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH THE THREAD [NOWT]IM AFRAID !!!

Nah baz,he's never had the pleasure of participating in the wonderful world of martial arts ! i tried getting him training on many occasions... maybe on his zoo trips he secretly practices with the shaolin monks in those highly skilled ,tiger,snake,mantis and other animal forms.....

he's my pal and a twat at times but all this stuff is pretty much tongue in cheek in manifesto especially with sam whom he has respect for.. mind you he has pops at me at times infact i've been at his house when he's been writing stuff, if i actually thought it was serious i'd have pulled his fingernails out a long time ago..

knowledge and collection phew pretty damned impressive !

Social source share

Nah baz,he's never had the pleasure of participating in the wonderful world of martial arts ! i tried getting him training on many occasions... maybe on his zoo trips he secretly practices with the shaolin monks in those highly skilled ,tiger,snake,mantis and other animal forms.....

he's my pal and a twat at times but all this stuff is pretty much tongue in cheek in manifesto especially with sam whom he has respect for.. mind you he has pops at me at times infact i've been at his house when he's been writing stuff, if i actually thought it was serious i'd have pulled his fingernails out a long time ago..

Well put Andy.

Social source share

Hello mate well put and yes to the collection and knowledge bit ofcourse -i reckon that seventies mullet would of looked good in a gi however,i know hes your mate andy- hes a proper character thats for sure-done well by him records wise over the years also,pleased he has respect for sam,we all take for granted the grand old man who imho is a phenomenom all in his own with massive enthusiasm !!!

BAZ A

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

The only thing Tim cares about is his bank balance. And he talks utter b.......

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Afraid so. Tim Brown played Deep Dark Secret at Prestatyn and the rest of his spot was just as bad.

In fact, it was this spot and the rest of the main room DJ's that year that had me vowing never to return.

Couldn't believe it because the year before he played an absolutely fantastic spot!

Anyway, no one said he hasn't got rare 45s.

It's not very often we disagree Joan, but i thought it was overall an awful spot at Prestatyn 2008. Okay he played some good records, but he played 4, yes 4 that the previous dj had played. There's no excuse for that. And where's all these rare records he's had for years that he's got, and no one else has?

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

8-)

Maybe we've all been thinking the same thing? I've actually wrote a letter into Manifesto in response to not only Tim's column in July's issue, but previous issues of the magazine. If he's not on Soul Source, he has the chance to respond. If i'm wrong with my assumptions/ observations, i will hold my hand up and say so. But ? I'm doing a 'Tim Brown' by pointing out his mistakes/ imperfections as he likes to with everyone else.

Why do we put up with this?

Martyn

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Utter but usually entertaining b.....

ROD

Entertaining to some, but insulting to others. There's no other words for it.

Said in the right spirit Rod.

Martyn

Social source share

Am I the only one that enjoys reading reading TB V SS in manifesto? Imho its usually the best part of the mag!

Must admit I thought most comments between them were a bit tongue in cheek...

Not sure why but I kinda root for SS but its usually entertaining stuff.

No you are not the only one who enjoys the Tim v Sam in Manifesto.

I find it quite fun, yes alot of it is tongue in cheek, but its is entertaining.

Having know them both for over 35 years, I can safely say there's not many people on the scene with there knowledge.

P.S. Tim still needs to learn that they still make soul records in the 21century.

Social source share

No you are not the only one who enjoys the Tim v Sam in Manifesto.

I find it quite fun, yes alot of it is tongue in cheek, but its is entertaining.

Having know them both for over 35 years, I can safely say there's not many people on the scene with there knowledge.

P.S. Tim still needs to learn that they still make soul records in the 21century.

Don't suppose Sam really gives a monkey's toss what Tim say's about him, just look at the amount of spots Sam gets, that should speak for itself in my book. As they say, you can put " ANYTHING 'on paper, end of story. See yas at Skeggy in 8 weeks Sam me ole' mucker.

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

It's not very often we disagree Joan, but i thought it was overall an awful spot at Prestatyn 2008. Okay he played some good records, but he played 4, yes 4 that the previous dj had played. There's no excuse for that. And where's all these rare records he's had for years that he's got, and no one else has?

I'd just like to point out (before Tim does). It was 2009, not 2008 when he played the repeated plays.

Martyn

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

:laugh: surely not....

Tim Brown playlist from his last visit at the Hip City Soul Club this April

Hank Hodge Eye for An Eye

COD`s She´s Fire

Parliaments This Is My Rainy Day

Tiarras Surprise

Tiarras Foolish Girl

Isonics Sugar

Timmy Carr Workin

Preludes Wait A MInute unrel.

Kell Osborne Law Against A Heartbreaker

Mamselles open Up Your Heart

Henry C Country Girl

Calvin Grayson Love Just Begun

Wally Hoskins Switch Around

Linda Jones You Can`t Take It

Young Bros. Baby

Tony Galla Band So In Love Instr. unrel.

Spyder Turner I`m Alive With A LOvin Feeling

Kavetts I`ve giot AStiry To Tell You

Oracles I Only Cry Once Day Now unrel. C/UP

Little Tommy Baby Can`t You See

Joe Simon Long Hot Summer

Passions If You See My Baby

Tommy & The Derbys Don`t Play That Role

Eric Mercury Lonely Girl

Voices Inc. Thinkin

Bill Dennis I`ll Never Let You Get Away

Danny Owens I Can`t Be A Fool For You

Lee Fields Take Me Back

Billy Byrd Lost In A Crowd

Tiny Taylor Bring My Coffee C/UP

Willie Dee It Looks Like

Ebony Essence Let Me In

Barbara King What I Did In The Street

Jimmy James Thomas I Can`t Dance

Jackey Beavers Show Were Not Too Young

Towanda Barnes Find Someone To Love

Salt & Pepper Man Of My Word

Eddie Whitehead Just Your Fool

https://www.soul-sour...1entry1069842

Marc

That's a fantastic playlist Marc, so it seems like you've had Tim at his best. But the truth is that quite often than not, this hasn't been the case over here.

Martyn

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Don't suppose Sam really gives a monkey's toss what Tim say's about him, just look at the amount of spots Sam gets, that should speak for itself in my book. As they say, you can put " ANYTHING 'on paper, end of story. See yas at Skeggy in 8 weeks Sam me ole' mucker.

Despite Sam posessing a somewhat cheery, water off a ducks back nature sometimes. That after speaking to Soul Sam on the phone or in person recently, I get the impression that he doesn't regard it all as tongue in cheek and banter. It is offensive.

But that's not the only case here. It's accuracy, and also how the views are offending some who do put time and effort into things.

In my letter to the magazine, (which i hope they do publish). A number have points have been raised going into just some of Tim's inacuracies.

I reiterate, how can someone who prides himself on facts and accuracy make some of the comments he makes?

Martyn

Social source share

The only thing Tim cares about is his bank balance. And he talks utter b.......

What wrong with that,and i dont read anybody's stuff anyway what is it £2 for a mag' rather buy 4 records obviously not off Tim though you can do a lot of good with money and what i have heard he does gallery_1986_2633_935.gif wish i had a bank balance huh.gif i would get me teeth sorted.gallery_1986_2633_935.gif

Edited by ken
Social source share

Yeah you are right Martyn, Sam doesn't particularly like the 'digs' and point scoring. I mean they are not having fundamental arguments about the future direction of the scene, more like minor discrepancies. I understand the need for accuracy, and I would support that all the way, but all I see are comments like "this was first played in August 1973 not September 1973 as said by Sam last issue, and Sam would do well to remember that such and such was played at 8.15 p.m at the Mecca one week in 1975, so has been known about for 35 years".

Do wish Tim would stop writing to us as if he is lecturing us from "on high", he doesn't know it all, and he certainly, like the rest of us, doesn't have all the records. A bit more humility wouldn't go amiss now and again. Otherwise I enjoy his musings.

Social source share

Tim Browns column got brought up in a conversation with a close friend last night funnily enough, I log in today and it's a "Hot Topic" !

Having been on the receiving end of one of Tim's "Tongue in cheek" digs in Manifesto I can actually see the funny side, I once had a dig at him in Echoes, for a laugh, so all's fair.

I do think the Sam vs. Tim right to reply feud is a little tiresome. Both men have forgotten more than I'll ever know and their knowledge about records and rare soul is truly encyclopaedic. Tim has always been a home bird, Sam has been out and about since the early 1960's DJing. But how many times have you picked up Manifesto and started to read either column and been met by the words "Before I start I must answer Tim Brown's / Soul Sam's comments in the last issue in which he states..............." So that's the first 6 column inches taken up, I also suspect it's a "Filioque controversy" so there will never be an end to it.

I like both of them a lot, however to continue to write month after month after month takes a lot of doing. If they cut out the "Contra bonos mores" crap and keep on with the music and sharing their wealth of knowledge with the rest of us then I think it would make for better reading.

Rob

By the way I think Tim's degree was in Zoology, so that would explain his interest.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Are there many DJs with shaggy hair who put good sets together on a regular basis?

Most good DJs have short crops or bald bonces.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Are there many DJs with shaggy hair who put good sets together on a regular basis?

Most good DJs have short crops or bald bonces.

Sorry recently had me hair cut,give it a couple of weeks though gallery_1986_2633_935.gif

Social source share

No he did not have 80s 45s before anyone else lots of collectors out there have material he brags about owning we just keep stum..buying them when they came out not when someone decrees these are rare !!.. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Personally, I think Manifesto has gradually been going downhill for a long time but it has suffered even more because of this childish, egotistical and boring nonsense.

I really can't understand why Mike Ritson publishes these articles when valuable space could be given to so many interesting topics - news and reviews and features on artists, writers, producers, labels, DJs, etc etc.

The editor's job is to edit out the content which isn't professional or relevant. I sincerely hope Mike starts doing his job before the circulation falls even lower.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Personally, I think Manifesto has gradually been going downhill for a long time but it has suffered even more because of this childish, egotistical and boring nonsense.

I really can't understand why Mike Ritson publishes these articles when valuable space could be given to so many interesting topics - news and reviews and features on artists, writers, producers, labels, DJs, etc etc.

The editor's job is to edit out the content which isn't professional or relevant. I sincerely hope Mike starts doing his job before the circulation falls even lower.

Paul Mooney

Well said Paul, perhaps Mike Ritson will now take all this onboard and consider doing something about it, c'mon Mike we know your the naughty headmaster, it's your call !!!!

Social source share

No he did not have 80s 45s before anyone else lots of collectors out there have material he brags about owning we just keep stum..buying them when they came out not when someone decrees these are rare !!.. :P

Good point there Glyn.... So many big collectors out there who don't shout from the rooftops or post much at all on forums etc...

A very goood point indeed...

So much hot air and speculation as ever...

Social source share

A perfect case of one man's meat being another's poison. The Tim Brown column has been the only thing vaguely worth reading in Manifesto for some years. He has opinions but crucially he can write and is generally entertaining. The records he reviews are always at least interesting.

Regarding factual inaccuracies pertaining to the Australian soul scene in Tim's copy I think that's the bailiwick of that publication's letters page really, rather than a public forum where TB is not here to defend himself.

Social source share

...I think that's the bailiwick of that publication's letters page really, rather than a public forum where TB is not here to defend himself.

Hello Gareth,

I can assure you that Tim Brown gets to know what's discussed on here. So I hope he takes note of some of the comments and concentrates more on the music, rather than trying to impress people.

The same applies to Soul Sam. I sometimes think he's so interested in a record's rarity or exclusivity that he's in danger of forgetting what a good soul record is.

We should all lighten up a bit, put the showing-off aside and just enjoy the music.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Manifesto readers may have read TB's column in the July Manifesto where he (as usual) has a pop at Soul Sam, John Manship, Ady Croasdell and anybody else who dares to write or express an opinion about the NS scene. Now what was that about "getting facts right" ??

8-)

Denny

Tim has allways talked through his horse, that's nothing new...................Here's some more facts, it's about time he got hs hand in his

and bought me drink the tight horsed.............. wanker.gif

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert