Loleatta Holloway Rip

• Replies 33
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Heard from a friend that Ms Holloway has suffered a heart attack and is in a critical condition

Cheers Paul

Sad news, let's hope she makes it.

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

oh man ! That is sad sad news. Only this afternoon I was spinning her version of 'That's how heartaches are mad', what a voice full of SOUL !

Thank you, thank you for sharing your gift with us.

Social source share

Guest Soulpope

Would it be possible to feature Lolleata`s longer version of "This man`s arms" (featured on the 100 Club Anniversary single 6T11 B) via Refosoul ??

Thanks in advance

EC

Social source share

Very sad news. She had one of the great voices, revered by Soul., Disco and House fans alike. Love her version of "All About The Papers'" .

When I was running Network she rang up to complain that she had been sampled on a record we had released, I explained it was licenced from Salsoul and all legit ,but she was having none of it, and I got the full effect of THAT VOICE as really shouted. If I had taped her rant it would have been one of the great acapellas! She checked everything out with Salsoul and was fine afterwards.

Will play "Dreamin;" at Radcliffe tomorrow night dedicated to her.

All The Best,

Neil.

Edited by NeilRushton1
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Not been here in a while but what sad news for a great soul artist especially in the late 70's and 80's. Black Box did a great job with her sample on there track

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert