News: This Summers Modern Soul Anthem - Out Today

Cunnie

• Replies 66
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Ivor Jones

OK I know it's February, freezing cold & snowing but this should warm some of you up who like your Modern Soul.

It's the new release from Mr Robert Kelly called Share My Love.

No info as yet on release dates or even if a vinyl release is in the pipeline but I hope it put's a bit of sunshine into a dull & dreary day for some of you.

Top tune Martin...............

Edited by Ivor Jones
Social source share

OK I know it's February, freezing cold & snowing but this should warm some of you up who like your Modern Soul.

It's the new release from Mr Robert Kelly called Share My Love.

No info as yet on release dates or even if a vinyl release is in the pipeline but I hope it put's a bit of sunshine into a dull & dreary day for some of you.

Thanks and yes very dance floor friendly :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, very pedestrian to these ears.....

Ian D :D

I was getting worried, Ian... I thought it was just me!

R Kelly always sounds a bit "contrived" to me, vocally and musically. But it was pretty interesting for five minutes.

:lol:

Social source share

This does seem sort of repetitive.

Someone I was talking to like a year ago was working on some sort of video shoot at Kels house, he told me all this ridiculous stuff that he had but the only thing I remember is that he has a shark tank in his living room.

Social source share

...and as for Mr Dewhirst & Mr Mooney, don't you wish it was on your labels boys :0)

I turned it down when he offered it to me.

And I gave him Ian's number...

"Send your demo tape to Ian," I suggested. "I think he might be in the market for a bland record."

But Ian turned him down too... I was quite impressed.

Just a bit of harmless fun.

Paul

Social source share

And I gave him Ian's number...

"Send your demo tape to Ian," I suggested. "I think he might be in the market for a bland record."

But Ian turned him down too... I was quite impressed.

Paul

Funnily enough I was the first person to put out an R. Kelly record out in the UK - "She's Got That Vibe" on New Jack Swing Mastercuts back in '91. Blimey that 21 years went quick.......... :lol:

Ian D :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The Gregory Porter album including On My Way To Harlem is available on Amazon on the 1st link below & there's a free legit downloadable bonus track from Montema music on the 2nd link :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Be-Good-Gregory-Porter/dp/B006T9WU1S/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1327954914&sr=1-1

https://motemamusic.bandcamp.com/track/gregory-porter-illusion

Social source share

As good as R. Kelly is, I think this puts things into perspective......

That is gorgeous :thumbsup: His voice is dreamy (though I don't expect any men to agree with me on the "dreamy" bit :D )

He was great on Jools Holland on NYE

I've actually gone off the R Kelly one (sorry Cunnie) and I haven't even heard it hammered all over yet :rolleyes::)

Edited by Alison H
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert