We The People - Making My Daydream Real

Jaco

4755218625.jpg

I had this on a live tape from the mecca , listed as 77 , bought from Richard Domar in early 80's took me ages to find out who it was , bought for a tenner at Tony's New Empress Blackburn , it still stands heads and shoulders today after 30 yrs with so many new and underplayed sounds , a bargain at any price  :thumbsup:

Edited by 123-motown
Social source share

Actually heard Whatcha You Done For Me, first as it was a Bob Jones radio play on Solar/Horizon in the mid 80's and I bought it on the back of that side.  So getting Making My Daydeam Real on the other side was a bonus. :thumbsup:

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

i first heard it via richard searling mid eighties  ...probably on red rose just after he left hallam...promptly phoned john manship and bought one for £20..... i keep sellin it tho just sold my fourth copy.... was a small national soul hit in the usa and thats why ,with the ebay factor plenty of copies have surface and price has come down a bit....nice on a white demo tho... quality 70`s the flips lyrics a a bit cheesy but still decent nontheless

Social source share

Ive come to realize this is just the type of sound I like best, I like all sorts of stuff but these kinda Bitter sweet, slightly laid back 7ts sounds really are what I like best,

add 1619 Bad Ass Band - Just For You, Young Holt Unlimited - California Montage, Ace Spectrum - Live & Learn & Dont send... Veda - Whats it about girl, Ujima - I'm Not Ready, Tower of Power - Clever Girl & Come Back Baby, Margie Joseph - Riding High / Come on back to me lover..

Recently swapped a Minter for a Detroit thing I had, that was probably worth more, looked nice and all that, but never played it, We the People I play every day...

Mal

• Helpful 3
Social source share

• 10 years later...
  • 1 month later...

On 08/05/2013 at 08:25, Dave Pinch said:

i first heard it via richard searling mid eighties  ...probably on red rose just after he left hallam...promptly phoned john manship and bought one for £20..... i keep sellin it tho just sold my fourth copy.... was a small national soul hit in the usa and thats why ,with the ebay factor plenty of copies have surface and price has come down a bit....nice on a white demo tho... quality 70`s the flips lyrics a a bit cheesy but still decent nontheless

Interesting , I bought a copy at Witchurch in 76 when my mate Colin Dilnot and I were seeking out 'mel britt' type records, bought blind, along with Moses Smith ,Donny Burks and Oscar Perry on Mercury. It ended up with Colin who was invited on Richard's Red Rose show ,he could have played it on there ,I know he took his prized Marvin Holmes lp with him the alternate version of YBKH it caused a stir.

• Up vote 1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, soulbrother61 said:

John Benson, Only going with what Richard Searling said during one of his shows

Well, either Richard got it wrong, or you misheard him.

Yes, he is the current lead singer with Odyssey,  but he wasn't ever in We The People.

Steven (as far as I can tell) was only in his teens when he joined his mother Lillian Lopez in the group Odyssey in 1979 and at that time he wasn't on stage singing.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, John Benson said:

Well, either Richard got it wrong, or you misheard him.

Yes, he is the current lead singer with Odyssey,  but he wasn't ever in We The People.

Steven (as far as I can tell) was only in his teens when he joined his mother Lillian Lopez in the group Odyssey in 1979 and at that time he wasn't on stage singing.

Those Lopez sisters were gettin on a bit when they found success. But so glad they actually found it 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!