Elbowed -Out ....2 X Unissued Upbeat 70S Tracks For Summer 2013

Tfk

are these available now mate

Hi Night Nurse details attached :-

Press Release: Elbowed-Out “Taking A Step/ Girl You Got Magic” SJ523

Release Date: Monday July 15th 2013

Elbowed-Out were a mixed race group of musicians out of the west coast town of Seattle in the state of Washington. The group’s founding members were lead vocalist Sam Chambliss who also played trumpet. Lead Guitarist Denis Wilcox who also shared lead vocals. Drummer, Clarence Acox, Keyboard player Gaylord Young and a horn section that featured Ray Baldwin, Jabril Radhid and Nick Ceasar. They had all met while studying music at the University of Wasington. Sadly both Gaylord Young and Nick Ceasar are now deceased.

Elbowed-Out became regular performers at local area junior high and high school gigs, their repertoire included cover versions of songs made famous by the Blackbyrds, Crusaders and Herbie Hancock amongst others. They eventually graduated on the Seattle club scene, where they featured as the support act for the likes of James Brown, The O’Jays and Tower Of Power. Elbowed-Out later went out on the road securing touring dates across Canada. A connection was made which led to the band performing in the Pacific islands of Singapore, Indonesia and Japan. But after a period of circa Twenty year’s together they eventually disbanded and all went their separate ways.

Their lasting legacy is the two previously unissued dance tracks that we at Soul Junction now present to you. The upbeat “Taking A Step” b/w “Girl You Got Magic” both recorded in 1978 and both featuring Sam Chambliss on Lead vocals.

The group’s mission in life was “to get you up and out of your seat, and then to begin to move your feet” and we think you’ll agree both sides of this 45 does exactly just that.

As a footnote the producer on the Elbowed-Out sessions was none other Bill Miller the man behind Soul Junction previous release from Oliver Cheatham “Don’t Pop The Question (If You Can’t Take The Answer)”.

For further information please contact Soul Junction at:

Tel: +44 (0)121 602 8115 E-mail: sales@souljunctionrecords.co.uk

post-3067-0-87116400-1370292060_thumb.jp

Edited by tfk
Social source share

you can hear both tracks on my show this coming friday 7th june between 700pm till 900pm

on starpoint radio www.starpointradio.com

the download of my last show including both tracks is now on my facebook page

thanks

Sean O'Connor

Social source share

Crap, never even had the chance to play this out off the original acetate I got a year and a half ago or so, and didn't know this was coming out, so not a nice surprise for me this.

Seems like the same take, so Clip does not do this full respect, lovely horn work towards the end there.

Social source share

At the risk of being accused of schmoozing the SJ gang, gotta say this is another quality double sider that should see plenty of Modern Room spins for sure and one that will DEFINITELY feature on the Front Page Focus of https://www.soulmusic.co.uk as soon as it's out (if not a tad before :wicked: )

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

2 quality sides for sure ..... Canna stop playing um - it maybe a case of needing a second copy just in case...

Its making for 2013 being a great year for our music...

tfk

Edited by tfk
Social source share

Hi Guys, we thought this would be a popular release and the feedback we've recieved so far seems to back this up.

Two strong 70's dancers on the back of David Washington's 'Games' (SJ522) release.

As Marius has rightly said the Elbowed-Out  soundfiles don't do the songs total justice,but unfortunately with some some of the unscrupulous souls around these days who'd prefer to rip a sound file off rather than buy a copy we have to try and protect ours and our artists interests at least prior to its initial release.

But if you'd like to hear more tune into Solar, Starpoint plus many other radio soul stations who are hammering the hell out of it.

Or if your going to Cleggy this weekend be sure to listen out for it. :thumbsup:

Have a nice day

Dave

Soul Junction

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Elbowed-Out featuring Sam Chambliss

"Taking A Step" b/w "Girl You Got Magic"

Originally recorded in 1978 from a studio session out the West Coast town of Seattle Washington....with Producer Bill Miller at the controls who gave us Oliver Cheathams "Dont pop the question " goodie!!!!

"Elbowed-Out"

The group’s mission in life is :-

“To get you up and out of your seat, and then for you to move your feet”

https://www.souljunctionrecords.co.uk/SJ523.html

tfk :rofl:

Both sides very nice indeed Andy.

Will buy for sure, just a shame that I won't have them in time for Brid at the end of June though as would have gone down a storm in the Modern room.

Social source share

One of my favourite releases so far on the label. 2 quality dancers with "Taking a Step" just edging it for me.
Kept the floor busy at the last Majestic Soul and created some interest among the collectors as well.

Mark H

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

great double sider dave more power to your elbow

did you see what i did there?

:)  :)

both tracks will be featured again

starpoint radio friday 5th july 700pm till 900pm

cheers sean

Nice pun there Sean :thumbsup:

Talkiing of protruding elbows just found out how the group chose the name 'Elbowed-Out',  all will be revealed soon :shhh:

Advance orders are now being taken.

Dave

Edited by Louise
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Do you have a strange feeling of "Getting Elbowed-Out" well don't delay unissued double sided 70's dancers of this quality don't come along to often these days, I too have a strange feeling thst this release isn't gonna be around for to long. :yes:

Although the offical release date isn't until Monday (July 15th) all the wholesale orders have now been despatched, so I'm sure your favourite stockists will be able to sort you out as of now. Or if you wish you can buy direct from Soul Junction. Just send us a email to:

sales@souljunctionrecords.co.uk

Regards

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Do you have a strange feeling of "Getting Elbowed-Out" well don't delay unissued double sided 70's dancers of this quality don't come along to often these days, I too have a strange feeling thst this release isn't gonna be around for to long. :yes:

Although the offical release date isn't until Monday (July 15th) all the wholesale orders have now been despatched, so I'm sure your favourite stockists will be able to sort you out as of now. Or if you wish you by direct from Soul Junction. Just send us a email to:

sales@souljunctionrecords.co.uk

Regards

Dave

Whey hey the suns shining and that's the much awaited official release of Elbowed- Outs top double sider now available from all your favourite stockists (what more could you ask for on a Monday morning )

Right on right on for Soul Junctions Records latest superbio offering ...

Tfk

Edited by tfk
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

A big thank you to all who have purchased a copy of this (and any of our other releases)

We now have brand new buy direct page set up on the Soul Junction website please take a look.

Where you can purchase any of our current or remaining back stock where available.

www.souljunctionrecords.co.uk

Watchout for another "hot" release during late AUGUST

Dave

Soul Junction

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Not got mine yet, though have one reserved. From the sound clips it sounds like probably the strongest on the label yet.

Cheers,

Mark R

Nice one Mark

Hope alls cool

I need to get another copy off Dave to ... have nearly worn mine out !!!!!! 2 fab sides BTW with a nice summer 2013 feel about um - cant stop playing it around the house... must be good I over heard one of my neighbours whistling away to it the other day ...

Keep the faith and right on right on tfk

post-3067-0-53306800-1375303739_thumb.jp

Edited by tfk
Social source share

Nice one Mark

Hope alls cool

I need to get another copy off Dave to ... have nearly worn mine out !!!!!! 2 fab sides BTW with a nice summer 2013 feel about um - cant stop playing it around the house... must be good I over heard one of my neighbours whistling away to it the other day ...

Keep the faith and right on right on tfk

I'm alright thanks Andy, hope you two are?

Not decided to sell "that" record yet then mate???  LOL  :wink:

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

I'm alright thanks Andy, hope you two are?

Not decided to sell "that" record yet then mate??? LOL :wink:

Cheers,

Mark R

Hi Mark were both good

Not selling it yet - sssshhh ??? but as promised its yours when I do for sure... Yuv fab taste mate...

Kind regards Andy.

post-3067-0-60794300-1375303700_thumb.jp

Edited by tfk
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Got this when it came out, I'm sure people are getting fed up of me going on about how good this is...

Not too many copies of this left now, so if you haven't taken the plunge yet you better be quick !!!  :yes:

and then, you've got August Heat's  "You And Me/Hooked On You"  SJ524 to follow in early September. :thumbsup:

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!