Show Us Your Great Photos - Pt2

Amsterdam Russ

Seen two Swifts this morning , One was my lad who works with me and the other the Boss , Mrs. Swift , I see Swifts all year round ! 

Swifty (being childish !)

Sabines Gull. Still showing very well at Pennington Flash and only a few metres away from the bank . The last time one was reported inland Lancashire was 1997 apparently. 

I've just found the aa battery holder/insert for my camera. So with a bit of luck it will be still around tomorrow evening after work. And I hopefully will get some pictures.

Steve

P.S. no sign of Swifts over north Manchester even with the bright blue skies

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I took this one from my sisters house, I was trying to get a photo of Trafalgar (as in 'the battle of') which is in the distance. However, if you look closely on the rock there is a rather large birdie, I have no idea what, but someone on here will know

x

HPIM0619.JPG

Could be a White Headed Vulture - but there are far better informed Soul Source friends than me! Lovely picture mate - do you live there?

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I took this one from my sisters house, I was trying to get a photo of Trafalgar (as in 'the battle of') which is in the distance. However, if you look closely on the rock there is a rather large birdie, I have no idea what, but someone on here will know

x

HPIM0619.JPG

Hi Sharon. You and Steve are obviously having a great time. Say hi to him from me please.

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

It's either a Griffion or black Vulture. Can't quite figure it out. Tattoo Dave is the man, it's his neck of the woods. No pressure then Dave

Steve

Social source share

Hi Sharon. You and Steve are obviously having a great time. Say hi to him from me please.

Steve

Hi Steve

Mr W and I are doing just fine here on our little island. The photo was taken on mainland Spain in a place called 'Zahara de los Atunes' my sister and her late husband lived there., I do recall many birds would 'stop over' there on their migration route, much like they do here (its a birdie paradise), but I don't think that bird was one of the masses! 

x

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Took this picture of a Japanese Pitt Bull in a bar in Krabi, Thailand last night. The dog named Gaga is the most muscular dog I've seen in my life but she's blessed with a loving temperament. The bars owners are fabulous people so no surprise really. Ade

20150906_215806.jpg

I like Pit Bulls, they should only be owned by responsible people though.  Quite a few in Spain, and haven't seen a nasty one yet.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just now witnessed what must be at least 1,000 cyclists come through town in a charity fun ride. From the vantage point of our front balcony, it was very impressive to watch!

image.thumb.jpg.55dac210d1be6a8c6c4622fcimage.thumb.jpg.8bab0fbb49f2e9bb596188dc

image.jpg

Stage 5 of the Tour of Britain passes through my town on Thursday.  May be tempted to get the camera out.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just now witnessed what must be at least 1,000 cyclists come through town in a charity fun ride. From the vantage point of our front balcony, it was very impressive to watch!

image.thumb.jpg.55dac210d1be6a8c6c4622fcimage.thumb.jpg.8bab0fbb49f2e9bb596188dc

image.jpg

Looks like a nice location that you live in Russell. Nice brick work on your apartment - looks posh!

:D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Looks like a nice location that you live in Russell. Nice brick work on your apartment - looks posh!

We are posh, Peter. Viewed from the other side of the fountain we see out front, this is what we look like to the common folk hereabouts. From the outside it's a bit like being in the mayor's residence or something and sometimes I fee we ought to stand on the balcony and wave regally at the crowds beneath us. :lol:

AalsmeerKrant.thumb.JPG.d84fb3eb7ec54b0b

Joking aside, we were fortunate to find this place nigh on two years ago and really love living here. The place we were in before was a right dump, so this is a great improvement. It also provides great entertainment in the early hours of the weekend when the local youngsters come back from the nearby club/pub. I posted up a bit of vid to YouTube of their drunkenness, which is great to watch. Will post it here when I've found it...

Social source share

We are posh, Peter. Viewed from the other side of the fountain we see out front, this is what we look like to the common folk hereabouts. From the outside it's a bit like being in the mayor's residence or something and sometimes I fee we ought to stand on the balcony and wave regally at the crowds beneath us. :lol:

AalsmeerKrant.thumb.JPG.d84fb3eb7ec54b0b

Joking aside, we were fortunate to find this place nigh on two years ago and really love living here. The place we were in before was a right dump, so this is a great improvement. It also provides great entertainment in the early hours of the weekend when the local youngsters come back from the nearby club/pub. I posted up a bit of vid to YouTube of their drunkenness, which is great to watch. Will post it here when I've found it...

Yep looks nice Russell. My house looks nice from the outside - although it resembles Rising Damp from the inside! I haven't really done anything since the mains gas explosion! :facepalm::sweatingbullets::(

And that was years ago!

Rigsby

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Lucky escape?  :ohmy: Do tell!

Ha! It's well documented on here Russell. In a nutshell whilst renovating the house I was removing an old water pipe - unfortunately for me, the previous owner had used the old pipe to connect to the gas main. A huge fire ball hung in the ceiling for about a minute and then whoooosh! There was a huge explosion which blew half the house up - walls, doors, windows etc. I got burned quite badly on my arms but it could have been worse. Hence the name which appears at the side of my profile - DIY That Will Blow Your Mind. Thank Bearsy and Moggy for that. Seven weeks later I had two brain haemorrhages - that was a lucky escape. At that point, when I was really ill, Bearsy and Moggy added Ironside as I was in a wheel chair for a bit. They call me lucky!

Soul Source at it's best. Quality!

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Ha! It's well documented on here Russell. In a nutshell whilst renovating the house I was removing an old water pipe - unfortunately for me, the previous owner had used the old pipe to connect to the gas main. A huge fire ball hung in the ceiling for about a minute and then whoooosh! There was a huge explosion which blew half the house up - walls, doors, windows etc. I got burned quite badly on my arms but it could have been worse. Hence the name which appears at the side of my profile - DIY That Will Blow Your Mind. Thank Bearsy and Moggy for that. Seven weeks later I had two brain haemorrhages - that was a lucky escape. At that point, when I was really ill, Bearsy and Moggy added Ironside as I was in a wheel chair for a bit. They call me lucky!

Soul Source at it's best. Quality!

Jeez!! Don't recall reading about that on here, but yes, a lucky, lucky escape all round - in some respects! And now "Ironside - DIY that will blow your mind" makes sense. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Here's a couple for the anglers on here, forget the hemp and tares, if it's Roach your'e after use a Cormorant :wicked:

We reckoned the Roach be a good one and a half pound fish

479_007.thumb.jpg.202ba6eba01baeb6d401bb

479_010.thumb.jpg.2b716ac5d1ccb1b8fdc5a4

Martyn . Thats as big as the largest roach I've ever caught. Staunton Harold reservoir, Melbourne in Derbyshire. Nice pictures by the way mate as ever.

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share