Show Us Your Great Photos - Pt2

Amsterdam Russ

These three fox cubs pictures where taken from about 100 metres away, the blurred bit is a fence wire which was between me and the cubs.

As soon as I got out of the car they disappeared back into the gorse scrub. Countryside foxes unlike there urban cousins are one of the shyest wild animals in this country

so I was extremely pleased to even get these pictures

Steve

IMG_2859.JPG

IMG_2899.JPG

IMG_2905.JPG

​Wow! Really like them Steve.

Hope you and Lou had a great time.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I took these about + - 10 years ago. This is the old racing (road) circuit at Reims in France. Incredibly you could just drive the circuit being on a public road. The racing scene just upped sticks and left and the whole thing just left there to rot. Historically important this is where the very 1st Brit ever won a Grand Prix. I understand it has been refurbished and they hold classic car events there.

Chris. You can just picture a jaguar or lotus cortina in British racing green driving past . They're very evocative pictures. 

Steve

• Helpful 2
Social source share

OK it's not a great photo, taken on a small, old camera through a dusty window but could someone identify it.

I've seen it hovering above the roadside behind the trees and getting chased off by a load of rooks when it got too close. It's been back a couple of more times so could be it's patch.

It's about 5 miles from Macclesfield, Cheshire so won't be anything fancy.

RickDSCF8175.thumb.JPG.3cf8f3ee216369b0f6d00

• Helpful 1
Social source share

OK it's not a great photo, taken on a small, old camera through a dusty window but could someone identify it.

I've seen it hovering above the roadside behind the trees and getting chased off by a load of rooks when it got too close. It's been back a couple of more times so could be it's patch.

Rick. Only on a kindle at the moment and they are not very good for viewing on but it certainly looks like a Buzzard to me

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It is a Buzzard, Buteo buteo, the first bird I owned as an aspiring falconer when I was a teenager, moved on to a Goshawk soon after as buzzards tend to not want to hunt and would rather eat carrion.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It is a Buzzard, Buteo buteo, the first bird I owned as an aspiring falconer when I was a teenager, moved on to a Goshawk soon after as buzzards tend to not want to hunt and would rather eat carrion.

Thanks Dave and Steve. It was back again today sitting on the same post for five minutes before heading off . If it's going to be a regular visitor I'll try to get some better photos.

Rick

Social source share

Thank you my friend. I've only been taking pictures for a few year's, in fact I've only owned a camera a few year's. It's something that I have never bothered with before. Still on a massive learning curve.

It also helps that I have always loved wildlife and birds in particular. 

Steve

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi all...X I am glad to say I am gonna be puter bound doing editing and stuff for the next week or so and will take coffee break time to catch up on your pics!!!x I do see stuff on FB...but....yours are more 'quality' stuff on the whole!x I've averaged 2000 miles a week in recent weeks around the nation top to bottom and sideways....sometimes in the same day!! I have gathered many pics of beautiful...historic....and unusual sights from around Britain! I will get some together and put them in here for your pleasure!x This was last week....passing Hexham way about 5.30am......that mist went for miles and looked as tho you could walk on it!x

The second pic is at 10.40pm....approaching Glasgow.......look behind....pitch black....ahead....'daylight'....great spectacle as the sun was giving it's last smile!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

IMG_3120.JPG

IMG_3112.JPG

• Helpful 2
Social source share

This is an Emperor Dragonfly a little farther away than I would have liked but them's the breaks, which gave me quite a challenge to actually get a shot of it in flight 

468_054.thumb.jpg.94d3855a4cc8dacbf39b89

I see a lot of Emperors, but their speed and ability to change direction at will make them a formidable foe, so I for one salute you.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Had a trip out to Pennington Flash today. Two new birds for me .Green Sandpiper and Little Ringed Plover. Got a few pictures of the Green Sandpiper to post when I download them. Unfortunately the little ringed plovers where about 100 yards away and when they're as small as a sparrow there wasn't much to photograph. Looked great through the binoculars. 

Steve

• Helpful 2
Social source share