EARL WHITE JR ON EBAY

On 2/6/2016 at 19:08, Ivor Jones said:

What happens if people bid on these things but then don't end up coming through with the payment? I've never done it myself but do you end up with negative feedback ? I mean if you ended up the high bidder and then refused to pay up on the grounds that it was a counterfeit item,surely you would not get penalised would you ? Obviously, if he's got multiple copies of these boots then he's gonna offer these to the next highest bidders and you cant really stop that happening I think, however, if the Auction winners kept refusing to honour the winning bids on grounds of the items being counterfeit then surely,ebay would have to acknowledge what is happening here wouldnt they ?

Just a thought on making things difficult for the crooks…….

I did in fact think of doing that today, so protecting some poor bugger ending up with a very expensive boot. However I think you would end up with one of those unpaid item strikes or whatever they call them. But I am sure there must be a way of getting it removed if you could prove it was a counterfeit/boot etc. Trouble is if you are unable to do so then you could be open to some sellers blocking you from their auctions. Several years ago there was a guy in Indiana ripping people of on a regular basis and not coming through with the goods. He ripped me for $60, then like a prat I bid on another of his items not looking who the seller was, when I realized it was to late. However I decided not to take the chance again and did not pay up. You can guess what happened, I ended up with one of those strikes or whatever they call them!. But this could be the only way Ivor.

Andy

Social source share

Guest Soulinstitution

Guys,

I am indeed the Ebay Seller related to this thread.

I have been advised by ROD to explain circumstances here.

3 Records listed on my Ebay account (including the Earl White Jr) were indeed counterfeits and have been removed now.

I had listed those for an acquaintance of mine who s into soul records since years (but with no ebay account).

He offered me a cash commission on final prices which I unfortunately accepted (considering the high potential of the records).

Obviously I should have been more vigilant since I initially considered them as originals.

I was actually only provided with records pictures to be listed on the Bay ( but not the records).

Getting ROD’s alert made me end up the listing which removed the incriminated records from my Auction listing.

I guarantee all remaining records are 100% originals (including the C. Checker).

My ebay score( 100%) speaks for me , so be sure I have never been into scamming / stealing actions.

I guarantee none of this guy’s records will ever turn up again on my Ebay Account (no matter what I am offered in exchange).

I must admit I have part of responsibility but the forum action was effective here.

@MillionTear Soul : Kindly avoid mixing up people ‘s name, identity and location as  I have NOTHING to do with the scam you are refering to.

Kindly PM me if you need any clarification as I ‘d like to avoid the thread turning into a flow of personal & unjustified attacks.

Thank you for your understanding and appologies about the mess.

Cheers

Social source share

10 hours ago, Soulinstitution said:

Guys,

3 Records listed on my Ebay account (including the Earl White Jr) were indeed counterfeits and have been removed now.

I had listed those for an acquaintance of mine who s into soul records since years (but with no ebay account).

He offered me a cash commission on final prices which I unfortunately accepted (considering the high potential of the records).

Obviously I should have been more vigilant since I initially considered them as originals.

I was actually only provided with records pictures to be listed on the Bay ( but not the records).

Getting ROD’s alert made me end up the listing which removed the incriminated records from my Auction listing.

I guarantee all remaining records are 100% originals (including the C. Checker).

My ebay score( 100%) speaks for me , so be sure I have never been into scamming / stealing actions.

I guarantee none of this guy’s records will ever turn up again on my Ebay Account (no matter what I am offered in exchange).

I must admit I have part of responsibility but the forum action was effective here.

@MillionTear Soul : Kindly avoid mixing up people ‘s name, identity and location as  I have NOTHING to do with the scam you are refering to.

Kindly PM me if you need any clarification as I ‘d like to avoid the thread turning into a flow of personal & unjustified attacks.

Cheers

It would be nice to know who the other guy is as no doubt these counterfeits are going to turn up some where else

Social source share

Guest Soulinstitution

Kjw,

I know it would help but with all the respect  I won't be able to disclose any private ID here.

I believe the forum people are now aware about these 3 records gonna (sooner or later) turn up elsewhere  and sure they will watch out .

Hoping  unaware potential buyers having doubt about these records being genuine  would google search and find out the soul source thread.

Cheers

Social source share

16 hours ago, Soulinstitution said:

Guys,

Cheers

Has the buyer of Innersection been refunded then matey? :g:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

10 hours ago, Soulinstitution said:

Kjw,

I know it would help but with all the respect  I won't be able to disclose any private ID here.

I believe the forum people are now aware about these 3 records gonna (sooner or later) turn up elsewhere  and sure they will watch out .

Hoping  unaware potential buyers having doubt about these records being genuine  would google search and find out the soul source thread.

Cheers

If somebody gave me a load of records to flog, only to find out later they were boots, then I would make sure everybody and their dog knew who they were. I see no reason why you are unable to disclose his ID. You should have him locked up in the shed by now, ready for the fraud squad to ask him a few questions!

Edited by still diggin
crap spelling
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones
8 hours ago, Soulinstitution said:

Kjw,

Cheers

Fair play to you, Soulinstitution, for coming on here and giving your side of the story. While I wouldn't expect you to disclose in public who had passed these counterfeits to you to sell, there will still be doubt in the minds of people whether this is actually what happened. The fact is, as far as we can see, at least one bootleg of Innersection was sold for a lot of money by you. That is a valid criticism. Also, that whole" Osaka/Japan listing but actually in France " thing is also well moody. What are people supposed to make of that ? You have to admit, to an observer, it looks very suspicious and looks just like it was meant to throw people off the scent.

While its true that you dont  have to justify anything to people on here, I would have thought the idea is attempting to clear your name of wrongdoing isn't it ?  Surely, if you want to be taken seriously these are valid criticisms you should be attempting to address.  You've probably been taken back by the reaction on this forum, but, unfortunately for you, the timing of your bootleg listings couldn't have been worse, coming as it did, hot on the heels of a massive row on this forum concerning a recent batch of high profile counterfeits,some of which have been sold as originals and which seemingly have upset many . A sorry tale for all concerned.

Social source share

23 hours ago, Soulinstitution said:

Guys,

Cheers

Just looked at some of your previous sales posts on here & see you have listed things for sale like Motherfox, Mind & Matter, Nightchill, Veda etc. 
Not doubting for one minute that these were anything other than 100% genuine but as a collector of this sort of stuff I find it very hard to believe that you failed to recognise a poor counterfeit copy of things like Al (Alonzo) Wilson, Earl White Jr, Innersection etc. I sure as hell would have spotted them a from country mile away.
This might also explain why you failed to answer my question on ebay regarding the authenticity of the Al (Alonzo) Wilson.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

15 minutes ago, Cunnie said:

Just looked at some of your previous sales posts on here & see you have listed things for sale like Motherfox, Mind & Matter, Nightchill, Veda etc. 
Not doubting for one minute that these were anything other than 100% genuine but as a collector of this sort of stuff I find it very hard to believe that you failed to recognise a poor counterfeit copy of things like Al (Alonzo) Wilson, Earl White Jr, Innersection etc. I sure as hell would have spotted them a from country mile away.
This might also explain why you failed to answer my question on ebay regarding the authenticity of the Al (Alonzo) Wilson.

Yep, some nice records been listed Martin. Can't see any posts or feedback suggesting that any of them sold though?

:huh:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sniffing around out of curiosity, as one can't help but do from time to time, I came across this on the eBay profile of soul-institution.

eBayName.jpg.e67f85a8e8d449918c1cc9d3414

So whoever this person is, according to eBay it appears that they began using the name soul-institution from the 3rd of March 2012. That's well after 2010 dates quoted earlier. Indeed, for 10 years prior, this user went by the name of algmusic.

You can see this for yourself here: https://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=soul-institution

I'm not making any judgement here and nor am I drawing any conclusions. I just think it's something that ought to see the light of day. Others can turn their hand to being detective.

Social source share

Well done Russ thats true he changed his id the day after we had this pulled from ebay, we've known this all along yet another crude attempt to hide from the glare of scrutiny. Use of Soul-institution throughout merely reflects his current user id.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mr-Soul-What-Happened-To-Yesterday-Monster-Soul-Original-45-/320854801458?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=As1625JB%252BbisVwRUms6qwuXEnbY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Edited by Raresoul45s
Social source share

1 hour ago, Steve G said:

Con man, sounds like he should be booted off here Rod.

Yes Darren and I had a long conversation last night and he sent me an email where we were able to link the guy's details on here with sale of MR SOUL back in June 2010.

Darren agreed to get all facts together to post on here, which he now has done.

PM'd Mike to make sure he is aware.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

5 hours ago, modernsoulsucks said:

Yes Darren and I had a long conversation last night and he sent me an email where we were able to link the guy's details on here with sale of MR SOUL back in June 2010.

Darren agreed to get all facts together to post on here, which he now has done.

PM'd Mike to make sure he is aware.

I don't think you guys get enough credit for having to manage stuff like this. So take a bow S.S. Can't be easy dealing with stuff like this so credit where credit is due.

Ian D :)

• Helpful 3
Social source share